Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form 15:19 - Nov 14 with 2915 viewsDaleyBrent

Cant describe my frustration that these two players stay on a pitch for 90 minutes against what is an incredibly strong Wigan side. Bunney offers very little for the minutes he plays and has the physicality of a sardine. Camps is the most frustrating player i have ever watched play football. Can count the number of times he's had a good game or worked hard on 1 hand. Thinks he's remarkably better than what he actually is.

A large chunk of the team are massively unperforming at the moment, however the three players i thought were playing well today KH decides to take off.

Incredibly frustrating at the moment, there is soooo much missing for us to 'consolidate'. I genuinely do think we will be absolutely fine and be quite comfortable but we're so far away from the team that would attack whatever team was put in front of them like we did last year.

Up the Dale.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 15:25 - Nov 14 with 2857 viewszxcvbnm

That's motm camps

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 15:31 - Nov 14 with 2805 viewsDaleyBrent

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 15:25 - Nov 14 by zxcvbnm

That's motm camps

You think this was a good choice?
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 16:29 - Nov 14 with 2666 viewsinthenet

Totally agree with the post ,for the first time I think Hilly is playing around with the team too much.
Maybe Keith you need a 2 week break let your back team take the reins ......controversial I know but maybe it's what's needed.
"Is the pressure to much ?

Rastrickblue

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 16:34 - Nov 14 with 2615 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 15:25 - Nov 14 by zxcvbnm

That's motm camps

He did put in a splendid cross that just missed PV late on..........but he does seem to " over egg" his possesion.........still think he may prove useful.

Not the worst player for Dale today by a long way.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 16:37 - Nov 14 with 2581 viewszxcvbnm

In lounge after announced as the best the player on the pitch and agreed by the Wigan chairman!

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 17:11 - Nov 14 with 2495 viewsKnowlesy

Camps was definitely the best player on the pitch for today. Thought it was baffling that Bunney stayed on but Camps was at the heart of most of our positive moments.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 17:30 - Nov 14 with 2434 viewsMIlnrowdale

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 17:11 - Nov 14 by Knowlesy

Camps was definitely the best player on the pitch for today. Thought it was baffling that Bunney stayed on but Camps was at the heart of most of our positive moments.

Camps was awful today, his first touch is shit, seen better on firgrove
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 17:38]
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 17:32 - Nov 14 with 2422 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 16:37 - Nov 14 by zxcvbnm

In lounge after announced as the best the player on the pitch and agreed by the Wigan chairman!

Was he laughing up his sleeve though.......or pissed.
Login to get fewer ads

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 19:54 - Nov 14 with 2259 viewsDaleyBrent

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 16:37 - Nov 14 by zxcvbnm

Stunned.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 22:30 - Nov 14 with 2139 viewsSaxonDale

Thought Camps was really poor today. It's frustrating watching a player with obvious potential drag his heels in trying to fulfil it. He's nearly 20 years old now and he needs to grow up and realise that he can't afford to be making 10 mistakes in a game. I understand that he's an attack minded midfielder but he needs to be more patient in possession and not try to play the killer pass every pass.

I think we need a bit more consistency in terms of selection from Hill so that the young players can concentrate at learning their trade. May be in a consensus of one here but I think Bennett is the best right back in the squad at this moment in time and needs regular playing time there if he's to cut out silly mistakes from his game such as their second goal. Eastham's lack of game time has clearly affected him as he's not the player he was last season. Hill needs to retain the faith in Eastham as for me he shows a lot more when in form than Lancashire does.

Going forward it was clear we were lacking today, mainly because we struggled in the middle third to move it quickly into the final third and I think the inclusion of two defensive minded mids in Rose and Bennett contributed to that as much as Camps' poor performance.

Out of our attacking options we've got a good variety of tools but all with certain restrictions to their game: Andrew can't finish,Bunney still can't impose himself physically, Alessandra isn't a 20 goal a season striker. I think the problem is really that unless you can have a Wigan budget then this will always be the case but it highlights hard the losses of Done, Hogan etc hit us and how hard they are to replace. What I can say with confidence though is I'd back Hill to find a replacement for them over anyone else.

We're in a sticky patch of form but it isn't the crisis that some are making out. A club our size in this league is always going to have peaks and troughs and I think the return of Allen, Lund and Henderson will address some of the issues that were so obvious today.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 22:35]
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 22:37 - Nov 14 with 2120 viewsstuartcryer

Bunny is not div standard Reece Bennett should start at right back and it's a disgrace Donal can't get on till 80 min

wardle blue

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 22:37 - Nov 14 with 2120 viewsBobbyjoe

Bunney looked far more comfortable, and was far more effective when he dropped into a deeper role for the last twenty minutes. He's clearly not a centre-forward, as he's not comfortable playing with his back to goal, but there is a footballer in there.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 22:41 - Nov 14 with 2114 viewsstuartcryer

But not a div 1 player

wardle blue

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 23:04 - Nov 14 with 2076 viewsDaley_Lama

Really suprised to see Camps bashing tonight.

Thought he had a right good battle and had a decent game myself.

Poll: DF in or out

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 23:53 - Nov 14 with 2028 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 22:37 - Nov 14 by stuartcryer

Bunny is not div standard Reece Bennett should start at right back and it's a disgrace Donal can't get on till 80 min

Bennett was well and truly dicked for Wigan's 2nd.......have we no-one else at all to play right back?
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 00:03 - Nov 15 with 2004 viewsD_Alien

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 23:53 - Nov 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

Bennett was well and truly dicked for Wigan's 2nd.......have we no-one else at all to play right back?

As I've said elsewhere, do you really expect anything else when up against players playing well below their level, as the Wigan wide man was? He had the beating of Bennett, just as he had the beating of Cannon all the first half, and Rafferty wouldn't have fared any better.

Bennett, Cannon and Rafferty are young players making their way in the game, and the very future of our club. We shouldn't be too harsh to judge when they come up against players earning 5 or 6 times their wages.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 01:18 - Nov 15 with 1941 viewsflyerdale

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 00:03 - Nov 15 by D_Alien

As I've said elsewhere, do you really expect anything else when up against players playing well below their level, as the Wigan wide man was? He had the beating of Bennett, just as he had the beating of Cannon all the first half, and Rafferty wouldn't have fared any better.

Bennett, Cannon and Rafferty are young players making their way in the game, and the very future of our club. We shouldn't be too harsh to judge when they come up against players earning 5 or 6 times their wages.

Bennett has had two shocking games in a row now, what has happened to the lad that had so much confidence on the ball last season. He was that bad in midfield today that hill had to swap him with an equally bad Cannon who has had any confidence knocked out of him through one thing and another (stupid media quotes) .
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 07:53 - Nov 15 with 1882 viewsTalkingSutty

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 01:18 - Nov 15 by flyerdale

Bennett has had two shocking games in a row now, what has happened to the lad that had so much confidence on the ball last season. He was that bad in midfield today that hill had to swap him with an equally bad Cannon who has had any confidence knocked out of him through one thing and another (stupid media quotes) .

I think it was Bennet who was also instrumental in Wigans first goal, a daft challenge on the edge of the box which resulted in the free kick being awarded. Never a midfield player in a month of Sunday's and he was done up like a kipper for their second.

In defence of the lad, he's been out a long time with injury and the winger was pretty good. I don't blame him for his midfield performance, he shouldn't be there in the first place. No Allen or Lund leaves the cupboard bare and the manager juggling balls, then the best team in the League come to town. The Perfect Storm.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 09:44 - Nov 15 with 1807 viewsBartRowou

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 07:53 - Nov 15 by TalkingSutty

I think it was Bennet who was also instrumental in Wigans first goal, a daft challenge on the edge of the box which resulted in the free kick being awarded. Never a midfield player in a month of Sunday's and he was done up like a kipper for their second.

In defence of the lad, he's been out a long time with injury and the winger was pretty good. I don't blame him for his midfield performance, he shouldn't be there in the first place. No Allen or Lund leaves the cupboard bare and the manager juggling balls, then the best team in the League come to town. The Perfect Storm.

If you think Bennett isn't a midfield player, you should watch the Stoke game again. He was immense that night, not just in my opinion, but in the opinion of watching pundits like Stan Collymore. Some of the Stoke players said the same. He's been out injured for a long time and will take a while to get back to full fitness. The same with Lund - his performances were slowly improving after a long break - but now he's out again.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 09:51 - Nov 15 with 1797 views442Dale

Bennett as a holding midfielder has real potential, he illustrated on Tuesday why playing him in the offensive role doesn't work. At times yesterday he was employed there again, baffling.

He's a good player with the play in front of him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 10:07 - Nov 15 with 1767 viewsBoss_Hog

It is all about opinions I guess but for me Bennett looks a shadow of the player we saw at times last season. Although Camps lost his marker for the first goal, Bennett conceded the free-kick with a clumsy tackle on Perkins and contributed little throughout the game. He wasn't the only one I should add as I personally thought Rose was equally as poor.

Bennett's reading of the game for the 2nd goal was shocking and nobody worth their salt would have let their winger through that gap in-between the touchline.

In his defence he has been out for a while and neither him or Rose would argubaly be near our sarting eleven had it not been for injuries.

I also feel we need a loanee up-front to supplement Henderson. Sadly some of the others simply don't have the goals record to see us through hence why we've drawn a blank so often recently.
Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 10:58 - Nov 15 with 1686 viewsDaley_Lama

Bennett has been injured and is getting back to match fitness.

He was blinking awful v Morecambe thoigh

Poll: DF in or out

Bunney and Camps and Recent Form on 11:20 - Nov 15 with 1660 viewsJumeirahDale

I don't get to many games so I'm neither qualified nor intending to rate any of them over the season, but in terms of performance in this match, I agree with the OP about Camps - I was shocked to hear his name called as MOTM. His regular wasting of possession was very frustrating to watch, and that free kick in the first half smacked of him trying to do something he's watched Ronaldo do on the telly. As someone else mentioned earlier, the Wigan fans took the p*ss, and they were right to do so.

Bunney on the other hand I didn't think was that bad. He just isn't a lone target man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024