Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it the 1st April 19:30 - Dec 8 with 4287 viewsArthurDaley

No its serious, where do they get those people from. The FA want papers to ban publishing junior football results, as not to upset the losers. FFS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3351276/Football-chiefs-ban-local-newspa

A large VAT Dave

Is it the 1st April on 19:33 - Dec 8 with 4267 viewsdalenumber2

Another example of not teaching our children to be resilient - it's worrying.
Is it the 1st April on 19:39 - Dec 8 with 4244 viewszxcvbnm

Betternot play any matches in Primary School then in case it upsets the team which doesn’t win

Pathetic by the FA

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Is it the 1st April on 20:22 - Dec 8 with 4155 viewsBartRowou

Primary and secondary schools are actively encouraged to take part in competitive sport with winners and losers etc in response to those silly sports days of yesteryear where everyone was a winner.

But a kid at primary school will then go and play for his or her weekend team and be told that it's not about winning but about the taking part.

The whole system's a joke although irresponsible parents need to shoulder some of the blame for their gobby, over-the-top touchline antics which lead to stupid decisions like this.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Is it the 1st April on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 4094 viewspioneer

It is the Daily Mail so they have perhaps put some sort of slant on it to suit their agenda. Anyway, do they control the press? I thought we still had freedom of the press. Presumably they have to ban the leagues from providing the newspapers with scores. Nothing to stop the paper sending as reporter to a game and reporting the score.
Is it the 1st April on 20:52 - Dec 8 with 4080 views_dezzy

Lama is teaching Lama jnr (4) to shake the opponents hand and say well played, win or lose.

KHBA

Is it the 1st April on 21:08 - Dec 8 with 4053 viewsDySporting

I ran the schools football in Worcester for several years and it was competitive and at the end of a tournament we had 1 victorious school and 15 or so who didn’t win. Did I ever see kids in tears or put off football - no. A child knows whether their team is good or not!

The FA run national primary schools competitions which are competitive with the final ending up at Wembley (well it used to) are they going to stop these then? In fact in the late 90’s my schools team got to the final of the competition and played on the pitch at Wembley prior to the JPS Final (or whatever it was called) then. The highlight of my limited coaching career in football!
Is it the 1st April on 21:41 - Dec 8 with 3992 viewsDiddyDave

Once again the wowsers win. WHY?
Is it the 1st April on 21:58 - Dec 8 with 3957 views1949er

From 1948 to 1954 i played for penn street primary school. In all that time we never won or drew a single game, or even scoring a goal.a good preparation for supporting dale.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it the 1st April on 22:01 - Dec 8 with 3949 views442Dale

Is it the 1st April on 21:08 - Dec 8 by DySporting

I ran the schools football in Worcester for several years and it was competitive and at the end of a tournament we had 1 victorious school and 15 or so who didn’t win. Did I ever see kids in tears or put off football - no. A child knows whether their team is good or not!

The FA run national primary schools competitions which are competitive with the final ending up at Wembley (well it used to) are they going to stop these then? In fact in the late 90’s my schools team got to the final of the competition and played on the pitch at Wembley prior to the JPS Final (or whatever it was called) then. The highlight of my limited coaching career in football!

What was the team kit like?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it the 1st April on 22:12 - Dec 8 with 3920 viewsDySporting

Is it the 1st April on 22:01 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

What was the team kit like?

If I remember rightly it was thin blue and white stripes in fantastic polyester with blue shorts and socks.

As we represented Worcester City our kit has to mimic Worcester Cities roughly.

It was better than the kit the kids has to wear when the kids made the National rugby finals - which was maroon and black quarters with yellow piping!
Is it the 1st April on 22:30 - Dec 8 with 3875 viewsTVOS1907

Is it the 1st April on 22:12 - Dec 8 by DySporting

If I remember rightly it was thin blue and white stripes in fantastic polyester with blue shorts and socks.

As we represented Worcester City our kit has to mimic Worcester Cities roughly.

It was better than the kit the kids has to wear when the kids made the National rugby finals - which was maroon and black quarters with yellow piping!

Did the players choose it?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is it the 1st April on 22:41 - Dec 8 with 3847 viewsdalestats

Don;t worry though soon they’ll be so little sport played at Primary School it won’t matter. I’ve had a run in with one of the boroughs primary schools over the lack of sports played. I was led to believe it should be at least 2 hours a week, more like 2 hours a term. The head teachers view was English and Maths lead to a well rounded and skilled individual. We didn’t agree as I believe that PE, Art, DT etc also do this.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Is it the 1st April on 23:24 - Dec 8 with 3794 viewsD_Alien

Is it the 1st April on 22:41 - Dec 8 by dalestats

Don;t worry though soon they’ll be so little sport played at Primary School it won’t matter. I’ve had a run in with one of the boroughs primary schools over the lack of sports played. I was led to believe it should be at least 2 hours a week, more like 2 hours a term. The head teachers view was English and Maths lead to a well rounded and skilled individual. We didn’t agree as I believe that PE, Art, DT etc also do this.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's DT?

Are we teaching kids how to cope with the DT's now?

Seriously though, does the FA think a kid reading their losing result in the newspaper will be surprised by it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is it the 1st April on 23:30 - Dec 8 with 3772 viewsArthurDaley

Is it the 1st April on 21:41 - Dec 8 by DiddyDave

Once again the wowsers win. WHY?

Wasn't like that in our day, at Heybrook, With Dazzling Diddy the wizard of the dribble. And me a very poor centre forward. I was a goalkeeper really, but the teacher somehow put me up front. Ok so we lost a few games, but we couldn't wait for the next game be it football rugby or cricket. Great days with ankle length boots leather footballs and the Heybrook mud.

A large VAT Dave

Is it the 1st April on 01:49 - Dec 9 with 3684 viewsDiddyDave

Is it the 1st April on 23:30 - Dec 8 by ArthurDaley

Wasn't like that in our day, at Heybrook, With Dazzling Diddy the wizard of the dribble. And me a very poor centre forward. I was a goalkeeper really, but the teacher somehow put me up front. Ok so we lost a few games, but we couldn't wait for the next game be it football rugby or cricket. Great days with ankle length boots leather footballs and the Heybrook mud.

Eeee,them were the days eh Arfur? Reggie Forshaw was our best player,me and thee just there to bang the ball between the posts (no nets,ever) when we could. Yep,couldn`t wait for Thursday dinner time when Sammy Sumner would put the team list on the notice board and see who we were playing and where. Our home pitch was on Foxholes Road,otherwise it was a trip to Lenny Barn or Firgrove,though Greenbank and Norden had their own middens from memory. I remember we flogged a good Meanwood side 5-2 in the semi final of the cup in 1959/60,Heybrook having won it the previous year,only to got pasted 5-1 ourselves against Derby Street in the final. We walked off bewildered that we`d got such a drubbing as we were a pretty good side,but that`s football. On the day they played really well and we didn`t,hard to take at the time,but it`s all part of growing up,something these dickhead wowsers need to do.
Is it the 1st April on 14:33 - Dec 9 with 3481 viewswimborne_dale

Is it the 1st April on 23:30 - Dec 8 by ArthurDaley

RE: "...And me a very poor centre forward. I was a goalkeeper really, but the teacher somehow put me up front."

sssshhhhhh! Don't give Mr Hill ideas
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 14:34]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Is it the 1st April on 14:44 - Dec 9 with 3459 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is it the 1st April on 01:49 - Dec 9 by DiddyDave

Eeee,them were the days eh Arfur? Reggie Forshaw was our best player,me and thee just there to bang the ball between the posts (no nets,ever) when we could. Yep,couldn`t wait for Thursday dinner time when Sammy Sumner would put the team list on the notice board and see who we were playing and where. Our home pitch was on Foxholes Road,otherwise it was a trip to Lenny Barn or Firgrove,though Greenbank and Norden had their own middens from memory. I remember we flogged a good Meanwood side 5-2 in the semi final of the cup in 1959/60,Heybrook having won it the previous year,only to got pasted 5-1 ourselves against Derby Street in the final. We walked off bewildered that we`d got such a drubbing as we were a pretty good side,but that`s football. On the day they played really well and we didn`t,hard to take at the time,but it`s all part of growing up,something these dickhead wowsers need to do.

Your last two sentences sum up last Saturday against bury quite admirably DD!
Is it the 1st April on 15:52 - Dec 9 with 3427 views49thseason

Derby Street - the smallest pitch ever! I scored in a town team under 11s selection game from inside my own half on that postage stamp of a pitch -I must have been about 9 years old at the time. Went on to play Ashton schools at Ashton United's ground under floodlights - my dad was so proud.
Is it the 1st April on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 3394 viewsD_Alien

Is it the 1st April on 15:52 - Dec 9 by 49thseason

Derby Street - the smallest pitch ever! I scored in a town team under 11s selection game from inside my own half on that postage stamp of a pitch -I must have been about 9 years old at the time. Went on to play Ashton schools at Ashton United's ground under floodlights - my dad was so proud.

The goals on the Derby St pitch were the perfect size for schoolboys though. You did well to score from anywhere!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is it the 1st April on 21:03 - Dec 9 with 3272 viewsDiddyDave

We didn`t even know where Derby Street was as we never played them during the season,them being on t`other side of the river. I think it`s off Well Ith Lane or Deeplish Rd somewhere?
Is it the 1st April on 02:52 - Dec 10 with 3195 viewsdownunder

Is it the 1st April on 21:03 - Dec 9 by DiddyDave

We didn`t even know where Derby Street was as we never played them during the season,them being on t`other side of the river. I think it`s off Well Ith Lane or Deeplish Rd somewhere?

Just on the other side of the Indus river, isn't it?
Is it the 1st April on 03:15 - Dec 10 with 3191 viewsdownunder

Did one of the team have to give a game report at the first assembly following?

Resulted in this classic from our teams goalie...

"The other team were awarded a penalty, and as goalkeeper, I was worried. The striker hit it hard and low to the corner. I dived in vain, and saved it"
Is it the 1st April on 08:58 - Dec 10 with 3140 viewsDiddyDave

Ha ha,brilliant!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024