Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stunning 14:35 - Jan 3 with 4950 viewsDaleyBrent

The most impressive performance i can remember as a Rochdale fan yesterday - absolutely superb. Every single player performed their tactical roles exquisitely. We were exciting to watch, energetic, forward thinking but still succumbed walsall to not a single shot on target.

Lets hope this performance lifts everyone at the club and it continues throughout 2016! Up the Dale.
Stunning on 14:52 - Jan 3 with 4897 viewsSyke_Dale

Walsall Fans Forum.

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=48375&start=60
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 14:53]
Stunning on 16:12 - Jan 3 with 4714 viewsSuddenLad

Stunning on 14:52 - Jan 3 by Syke_Dale

Walsall Fans Forum.

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=48375&start=60
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 14:53]

It's like reading this message board over the last couple of weeks. Questioning the manager, team selection, formations, substitutions, crowd attitudes etc., etc. Some ridiculous comments and unnecessary insults.

Fickle fans exist everywhere.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stunning on 16:55 - Jan 3 with 4612 viewsTalkingSutty

Stunning on 16:12 - Jan 3 by SuddenLad

It's like reading this message board over the last couple of weeks. Questioning the manager, team selection, formations, substitutions, crowd attitudes etc., etc. Some ridiculous comments and unnecessary insults.

Nothing wrong at all with questioning team selections, formations,substitutions or even the manager.I don't see what the problem is with that at all. What amazes me are posts like yours that seem to suggest supporters have no right to voice their opinions (away from the game).Are we expected to pay to watch the game and have no opinion unless it's a positive one?

I thought the televised performances were pretty poor, we are a lot better than what we showed. Hilly thought we played ok but that doesnt mean I have to agree with him.

I don't believe in calling for the managers head or getting on the backs of players during the game and certainly not booing.The chairman and directors have the sanctuary of the Boardroom, the manager and players have the dressing room, we have fans forums. It's the right place to discuss performances good or bad.

Who knows how the upcoming performance against Chesterfield will be viewed, good or bad you can only say it how you see it. Whether the manager agrees with how i view a performance or not means nothing at all to me. We all see the game differently.The last three performances have been pretty good.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 17:15]
Stunning on 17:20 - Jan 3 with 4535 viewsJimmyRustler

Stunning on 16:55 - Jan 3 by TalkingSutty

Nothing wrong at all with questioning team selections, formations,substitutions or even the manager.I don't see what the problem is with that at all. What amazes me are posts like yours that seem to suggest supporters have no right to voice their opinions (away from the game).Are we expected to pay to watch the game and have no opinion unless it's a positive one?

I thought the televised performances were pretty poor, we are a lot better than what we showed. Hilly thought we played ok but that doesnt mean I have to agree with him.

I don't believe in calling for the managers head or getting on the backs of players during the game and certainly not booing.The chairman and directors have the sanctuary of the Boardroom, the manager and players have the dressing room, we have fans forums. It's the right place to discuss performances good or bad.

Who knows how the upcoming performance against Chesterfield will be viewed, good or bad you can only say it how you see it. Whether the manager agrees with how i view a performance or not means nothing at all to me. We all see the game differently.The last three performances have been pretty good.

You should know by now that you're not allowed to question Keith without people harping on about the 'dark old days' and how grateful we should be for the position we're in.

It follows that some of the more childish and illogical retorts come from the people who hold these opinions as their personalities are almost identical to that of our manager.
Stunning on 17:20 - Jan 3 with 4536 views442Dale

Stunning on 16:12 - Jan 3 by SuddenLad

There's been a lot of unnecessary things said by various parties, we're all aware of that. It's about accepting that bad runs will happen, fans will offer opinion and moving on. The insults and ridiculousness are best ignored or ridiculed as they're done by such a small minority.

Not that you'd believe that reading some of the stuff in the media.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stunning on 17:39 - Jan 3 with 4474 viewsTalkingSutty

Stunning on 17:20 - Jan 3 by 442Dale

There's been a lot of unnecessary things said by various parties, we're all aware of that. It's about accepting that bad runs will happen, fans will offer opinion and moving on. The insults and ridiculousness are best ignored or ridiculed as they're done by such a small minority.

Not that you'd believe that reading some of the stuff in the media.

Like Hilly said,in any relationship there are fall outs and differences of opinions. Dissecting the game after the final whistle is a normal thing to do and the nature of the game means team and individual performances will swing one way and the other over a short period of time.

Calvin Andrew is a perfect example of that, one week he's Maradona and the next week he's more like Madonna. In reality he is a decent footballer who always gives 100%.
Stunning on 18:11 - Jan 3 with 4386 viewsTalkingSutty

Stunning on 17:20 - Jan 3 by JimmyRustler

You should know by now that you're not allowed to question Keith without people harping on about the 'dark old days' and how grateful we should be for the position we're in.

It follows that some of the more childish and illogical retorts come from the people who hold these opinions as their personalities are almost identical to that of our manager.

Well some of the posts calling for the managers head have been ridiculous, can we have some acceptance on that? I actually thought they were 'wind ups' to reel people in but others see them differently. Personal abuse towards the players is a non starter and I can understand Vincenti being upset about it as well as the rest of the players and manager.

Criticising displays on the forum I don't have a problem with as long as that's balanced up with praise when it's earned, which to be fair is the majority of times. I can't agree with Hilly all the time because I think he contradicts himself a lot. He's a complex, intense character and I think he likes to court controversy which is probably why there is a bit of a love/ hate relationship between him and some of the fans. Bloody good manager though.

He mentioned in a interview last week that players and people within football can be hurt by what they see and read in this age of the Internet. Maybe we have to just ease up a bit on the criticism and word things a bit differently, something i will try to do as a bit of a New Years Resolution, fancy joining me?
Stunning on 00:38 - Jan 4 with 4037 viewsJimmyRustler

Stunning on 18:11 - Jan 3 by TalkingSutty

Well some of the posts calling for the managers head have been ridiculous, can we have some acceptance on that? I actually thought they were 'wind ups' to reel people in but others see them differently. Personal abuse towards the players is a non starter and I can understand Vincenti being upset about it as well as the rest of the players and manager.

Criticising displays on the forum I don't have a problem with as long as that's balanced up with praise when it's earned, which to be fair is the majority of times. I can't agree with Hilly all the time because I think he contradicts himself a lot. He's a complex, intense character and I think he likes to court controversy which is probably why there is a bit of a love/ hate relationship between him and some of the fans. Bloody good manager though.

He mentioned in a interview last week that players and people within football can be hurt by what they see and read in this age of the Internet. Maybe we have to just ease up a bit on the criticism and word things a bit differently, something i will try to do as a bit of a New Years Resolution, fancy joining me?

No sensible poster has called for his head. Just trolls.
Login to get fewer ads

Stunning on 01:12 - Jan 4 with 4021 viewsSuddenLad

Stunning on 16:55 - Jan 3 by TalkingSutty

Posts like mine ??

I've done no more than summarise what was being said on the Walsall board and pointed out that exactly the same thing was happening here a week ago.

Where and how was I suggesting anything about supporters having no right to moan about different issues ?

Get a grip.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stunning on 07:25 - Jan 4 with 3905 views1907

The manager and the players sometimes need to feel the fans frustration to spur them on to better performances. What's the point in pretending things are all rosy when they aren't? I've been a massive critic of the way we have played most of this season, however I'm more than happy to be over complimentary when we get a result like we have done this weekend. That's football!
Stunning on 07:50 - Jan 4 with 3877 viewsTalkingSutty

Stunning on 01:12 - Jan 4 by SuddenLad

Posts like mine ??

I've done no more than summarise what was being said on the Walsall board and pointed out that exactly the same thing was happening here a week ago.

Where and how was I suggesting anything about supporters having no right to moan about different issues ?

Get a grip.

If you read your post, i responded to you highlighting supporters commenting on those things mentioned, which is a normal thing to do. You then ended your post by lumping everybody in as 'fickle supporters'. Equating,criticising a performance, questioning the manager, selections etc as being fickle?

In reality following your Football Team is an expensive hobby and if you perceive a performance to be poor then you have every right to express your opinion, why would that make you fickle? A fickle supporter is one that picks and chooses his games and turns his back on the Club when they go through a rough spell.

Some supporters only comment when we play well and poor performances are never commented on. The manager can swear that red was yellow with pink spots and they will still agree with him, or Dale fans want to follow the Bury blueprint etc and still not comment. He can say all these things and still some feel he shouldn't be picked up on it. That's their prerogative.

Others like myself respond to what we see, massaging the managers or the players ego on a Football Forum isn't on the agenda. Just analyse from one game to another, so there will be a weekly change in performances/opinions. If you can't comment on what you have just watched what's the point in posting on the fans forum, unless it's just to have a dig at other posters.

Good and bad, but not fickle.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 7:57]
Stunning on 08:14 - Jan 4 with 3844 viewsTalkingSutty

Stunning on 07:25 - Jan 4 by 1907

The manager and the players sometimes need to feel the fans frustration to spur them on to better performances. What's the point in pretending things are all rosy when they aren't? I've been a massive critic of the way we have played most of this season, however I'm more than happy to be over complimentary when we get a result like we have done this weekend. That's football!

Don't expect the Walsall performance to be replicated next week though, it will be a long time until we see that sort of display again. What it will do is prove to the Manager and Players just how good we can be, there's no reason why we can't play that brand of football against any team in this division.

I think we have been struggling to identify a style of play when it comes to away games since the departure of Matt Done, the Walsall game showed the way forward. High tempo, front foot and plenty of width. Slowing the game down with constant square passes across the back line was nowhere to be seen and we looked better for it. We imposed our own game on the opposition and they couldn't cope with it.
Stunning on 10:44 - Jan 4 with 3691 viewsMoonyDale

Stunning on 07:50 - Jan 4 by TalkingSutty

If you read your post, i responded to you highlighting supporters commenting on those things mentioned, which is a normal thing to do. You then ended your post by lumping everybody in as 'fickle supporters'. Equating,criticising a performance, questioning the manager, selections etc as being fickle?

In reality following your Football Team is an expensive hobby and if you perceive a performance to be poor then you have every right to express your opinion, why would that make you fickle? A fickle supporter is one that picks and chooses his games and turns his back on the Club when they go through a rough spell.

Some supporters only comment when we play well and poor performances are never commented on. The manager can swear that red was yellow with pink spots and they will still agree with him, or Dale fans want to follow the Bury blueprint etc and still not comment. He can say all these things and still some feel he shouldn't be picked up on it. That's their prerogative.

Others like myself respond to what we see, massaging the managers or the players ego on a Football Forum isn't on the agenda. Just analyse from one game to another, so there will be a weekly change in performances/opinions. If you can't comment on what you have just watched what's the point in posting on the fans forum, unless it's just to have a dig at other posters.

Good and bad, but not fickle.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 7:57]

Pretty much agree with all of this TS apart from the "fickle" comment, I haven't seen many games this season apart from a few at the start and the pre season friendlies.
Not because of a bad run maybe but because I was bored to tears with what I was seeing and since last season had fell out of love with football at Spotland.
I was due to return for the postponed game but the weather stopped that. Does that make me fickle? I haven't commented on performances this season because I haven't seen them , hopefully the next home game will reignite my desire to get back up there to the Sandy. The magnificent result at Walsall doesn't mean my attendance is more likely as we could probably revert to a below par performance.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Stunning on 11:02 - Jan 4 with 3665 viewsaleanddale

Stunning on 10:44 - Jan 4 by MoonyDale

Pretty much agree with all of this TS apart from the "fickle" comment, I haven't seen many games this season apart from a few at the start and the pre season friendlies.
Not because of a bad run maybe but because I was bored to tears with what I was seeing and since last season had fell out of love with football at Spotland.
I was due to return for the postponed game but the weather stopped that. Does that make me fickle? I haven't commented on performances this season because I haven't seen them , hopefully the next home game will reignite my desire to get back up there to the Sandy. The magnificent result at Walsall doesn't mean my attendance is more likely as we could probably revert to a below par performance.

Daleys are usually made of sterner stuff Mooney.

Hope you find a spark from somewhere to ignite the Dale fire in your belly!.
Stunning on 11:17 - Jan 4 with 3640 viewsdingdangblue

Stunning on 10:44 - Jan 4 by MoonyDale

*Have we really been that bad to watch at Spotland? Peterborough, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury, Port Vale and Colchester wins all entertained me. The Walsall defeat was a cracking game and so too the Coventry 0-0 was superb. Underperformed against Bradford, Wigan and Oldham. We are doing alright.

*based on league games as cup games are one offs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stunning on 11:25 - Jan 4 with 3619 viewsmidlandsdale

Stunning on 11:17 - Jan 4 by dingdangblue

*Have we really been that bad to watch at Spotland? Peterborough, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury, Port Vale and Colchester wins all entertained me. The Walsall defeat was a cracking game and so too the Coventry 0-0 was superb. Underperformed against Bradford, Wigan and Oldham. We are doing alright.

According to official stats we are the 5th best performing home team in terms of results in 2015 in the Football League!
Stunning on 12:55 - Jan 4 with 3467 viewsMoonyDale

Stunning on 11:17 - Jan 4 by dingdangblue

Honestly DDB yes in my opinion, it was poor and dour to say the least. And it isn't just me who thought so looking at the empty spaces round the stands, I took the decision to save my hard earned and give it a miss, you don't pay for something that you don't enjoy. I go home and away week in week out and have done for too many years to remember.

Now I have had a break and after all the nonsense on here with the Hill out threads its time to have another look, knowing my luck it will be a shocker but fingers are firmly crossed for a thriller.

None of the above in my eyes make me fickle though...

Stunning on 12:58 - Jan 4 with 3450 viewsfitzochris

I'll say again, the performance at Walsall was achieved with the same group of players (pretty much) as started the season.

It shows that there was a malaise, be it from injuries, jadedness, struggling with instructions, whatever.

The group, manager included, just needed to come through it. The vast majority of posters on here, and fans I know who don't post on here, believed this would happen.

I'm not saying we'll go on to murder Chesterfield and every other team we play. We won't. But we do have the right man in charge and the right core of players to compete in League One.

Do we need new blood in January? Absolutely. No team should ever stand still, but we're not talking an overhaul.

This is a separate issue, of course, to that of Hill's comments in the media, or to those saying we shouldn't dissect individual team performances. Of course we should. That's what this forum is for. It's for us and nobody else. Anybody else reading this forum, who sees something they don't like, is served right.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stunning on 13:09 - Jan 4 with 3409 viewsD_Alien

Stunning on 11:02 - Jan 4 by aleanddale

Daleys are usually made of sterner stuff Mooney.

Hope you find a spark from somewhere to ignite the Dale fire in your belly!.

Bit harsh that, a&d. We all have different thresholds and changing circumstances. I haven't been to any cup games this season, although if we'd beaten Bury and drawn a team from a higher division that would've changed. Some would call that fickle, but I just prefer watching league games. Our performance against Bury came as no surprise to me, I watched it in a pub and saved myself a tenner.

It doesn't require fire being re-ignited. Mooney's got his own reasons, and whilst we can be critical of each others opinions on here, I don't doubt his personal motivations.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stunning on 13:56 - Jan 4 with 3306 viewsaleanddale

Stunning on 13:09 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

Bit harsh that, a&d. We all have different thresholds and changing circumstances. I haven't been to any cup games this season, although if we'd beaten Bury and drawn a team from a higher division that would've changed. Some would call that fickle, but I just prefer watching league games. Our performance against Bury came as no surprise to me, I watched it in a pub and saved myself a tenner.

It doesn't require fire being re-ignited. Mooney's got his own reasons, and whilst we can be critical of each others opinions on here, I don't doubt his personal motivations.

Not really Dalian and Mooney mentions a reason.

He put the main reason was he was bored to tears hence the reason of falling out of love with football at Spotland.

Unless Mooney stared watching in 2010 I am sure he has seen a lot lot worse.

TV games aside we have not been that bad at Spotland. Agreed not hitting the highs last Saturdays performance delivered.

I hope Mooney starts to enjoy the 90 minutes at Spotland every other Saturday - as well as any other lapsed supporter.
Stunning on 14:04 - Jan 4 with 3289 viewsD_Alien

Stunning on 13:56 - Jan 4 by aleanddale

He put the main reason was he was bored to tears hence the reason of falling out of love with football at Spotland.

TV games aside we have not been that bad at Spotland. Agreed not hitting the highs last Saturdays performance delivered.

I hope Mooney starts to enjoy the 90 minutes at Spotland every other Saturday - as well as any other lapsed supporter.

Might be that I've recalled Moony posting in the past, both about Dale (he's a long standing supporter) and his own personal circumstances.

Don't expect everyone else to remember these things, and I wasn't having a go at you - I respect your enthusiasm!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stunning on 14:12 - Jan 4 with 3266 viewsaleanddale

Stunning on 14:04 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

Might be that I've recalled Moony posting in the past, both about Dale (he's a long standing supporter) and his own personal circumstances.

Don't expect everyone else to remember these things, and I wasn't having a go at you - I respect your enthusiasm!

I thought mooney was quite well "established" hence we cant lose him!!

One Dale family and no offence taken.

Looking forward to Saturday already!!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 14:13]
Stunning on 14:46 - Jan 4 with 3224 viewsMoonyDale

Stunning on 13:56 - Jan 4 by aleanddale

Good God yes I have seen a lot worse at the Dale, worse football and far far inferior teams to the crop we have had under Hilly.

Even through some of the toughest times as a Dale far since 68 it has always been exciting and I had always looked forward to games both home and away.
Somehow that excitement faded away last season and led to me not renewing my season ticket and missing a chunk of this season.

There was a group of 5 of us standing behind the goal in the Sandy and that is now down to 2, all long term supporters with one having more years under his belt than myself.
That will be back up to 3 this Saturday weather permitting.

I just hope we don't lose this weekend or there will be calls of "Bugger off Moony you sodding jinx"....

Stunning on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 3094 viewsnordenblue

Stunning on 12:55 - Jan 4 by MoonyDale

Honestly DDB yes in my opinion, it was poor and dour to say the least. And it isn't just me who thought so looking at the empty spaces round the stands, I took the decision to save my hard earned and give it a miss, you don't pay for something that you don't enjoy. I go home and away week in week out and have done for too many years to remember.

Now I have had a break and after all the nonsense on here with the Hill out threads its time to have another look, knowing my luck it will be a shocker but fingers are firmly crossed for a thriller.

None of the above in my eyes make me fickle though...

Couldn't agree more with you,i think ive watched around 7/8 games this season which must be the lowest ive attended for a good 20 odd years and Barnsley aside every game has been dull as dishwater.

I too will be making the trip up on Saturday so here's hoping,saying that i got a comp ticket for United v Swansea last sat and that could fit right in with the above experience,jesus wept they're dull to watch too for 80+ mins of a game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024