Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team For Burton... 18:34 - Jan 26 with 5719 views1907

Ideas? A lambasting performance is most definitely required but who are the players to bring it to the fore...

I'd go:

Lillis

Rafferty
Eastham
McNulty (purely due to the fact we have no other left sided centre half)
Tanser (with his faults he probably still offers more than Rose and Kennedy)

Vincenti
Allen
Lund
Sayers (if fit)
Mendez Laing

Henderson
Team For Burton... on 18:42 - Jan 26 with 5699 viewsscooby

Why do you put Eastham in there? We all know KH wont play him, no matter how bad Lancy is... Cant argue otherwise.
Team For Burton... on 18:58 - Jan 26 with 5671 views1907

Team For Burton... on 18:42 - Jan 26 by scooby

Why do you put Eastham in there? We all know KH wont play him, no matter how bad Lancy is... Cant argue otherwise.

I can but pray. I've said it before and I'll say it again Lancashire is up there as one of the poorest centre halfs we've ever had, he really has been found out this season. Average League Two centre half at best.
Team For Burton... on 19:51 - Jan 26 with 5580 viewsscooby

Don't think many disagree with you, KH must be getting something personal from him, as he cant see it!
Team For Burton... on 19:56 - Jan 26 with 5566 viewsleedsdale

Team For Burton... on 19:51 - Jan 26 by scooby

Don't think many disagree with you, KH must be getting something personal from him, as he cant see it!

He is injured, according to this:

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/injury-update-ashley-eastham-290342
Team For Burton... on 20:03 - Jan 26 with 5548 viewsdalestats

I’d go for if everyone was fit

New keeper

Tanser, Eastham, McNulty, Rafferty

Lund

Camps, Syers

NML, Andrew, RNL
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 20:12]

Poll: Remain in the eu

Team For Burton... on 20:10 - Jan 26 with 5519 viewsnordenblue

Team For Burton... on 20:03 - Jan 26 by dalestats

I’d go for if everyone was fit

New keeper

Tanser, Eastham, McNulty, Rafferty

Lund

Camps, Syers

NML, Andrew, RNL
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 20:12]

You might be expecting a bit much from NML
Team For Burton... on 20:11 - Jan 26 with 5510 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I'd go all Graham Barrow and see how many defenders I can get in!

New Keeper
Lund. Big Jim. TK
Cannon. Raff. Reeeeeeece. Rose. Tanser
Donal
Hendo

20% Possesion - 2-0 win Att 2675

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Team For Burton... on 20:12 - Jan 26 with 5499 viewsdalestats

Team For Burton... on 20:10 - Jan 26 by nordenblue

You might be expecting a bit much from NML

Oops!

Poll: Remain in the eu

Login to get fewer ads

Team For Burton... on 20:14 - Jan 26 with 5493 viewsflyerdale

Lillis
Tanser
McNulty
Eastham
Cannon
Lund
Allen
NML
Vincenti
Henderson
Allesandra
Team For Burton... on 21:01 - Jan 26 with 5430 viewsBrierls

Lillis

Cannon, Eastham (if fit), McNulty, Tanser

Camps, Lund, Vincenti

Hendo, NML

Andrew
Team For Burton... on 07:09 - Jan 27 with 5276 viewsdean7321

Team For Burton... on 21:01 - Jan 26 by Brierls

Lillis

Cannon, Eastham (if fit), McNulty, Tanser

Camps, Lund, Vincenti

Hendo, NML

Andrew

Lillis
Raff Eastham McNulty Tanser
Lund Syers (If fit)
McDermott
Vincenti NML Hendo

Poll: best ever center back

Team For Burton... on 10:39 - Jan 27 with 5162 viewsRosun

Joshua
Raff Reece Jimmy Mac TK
Lundy
Peter V NML
Donaldo
Hendo Lewis
Team For Burton... on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 5061 viewsboromat

Disclaimer: KH will not for one minute pick this side

Lillis
Bennett Eastham TK Tanser
Vincenti Allen Lund RNL NML
Henderson

Maybe Syers instead of RNL but we don't know how he's looking.

Think Camps, Andrew and Donal could do with a rest.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same team as Saturday give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Team For Burton... on 14:18 - Jan 27 with 4959 viewsOxDale

What's the obsession with Eastham? Did you not see the Wigan game? Terrible central defending and Eastham was only spared a red card by an offside flag.
That's why Hill doesn't pick him.
Team For Burton... on 14:21 - Jan 27 with 4949 viewsD_Alien

Team For Burton... on 14:18 - Jan 27 by OxDale

What's the obsession with Eastham? Did you not see the Wigan game? Terrible central defending and Eastham was only spared a red card by an offside flag.
That's why Hill doesn't pick him.

He picked him all last season. We finished 8th. Was he wrong then?

Judging a player on one game, especially when he's not been playing week in week out, isn't very good judgement. Also, by the same standards, Lancashire wouldn't be playing either.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 14:26]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team For Burton... on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 4908 viewsOxDale

So the problem is we have 3 very average League 1 centre backs, and several who can make do in an emergency.
Last season we defended better as a team particularly with Done closing down the opposition quickly.
It's a league 2 team that supposedly interested in Eastham, which says something. I've nothing against him, he's just no better than Lancashire or McNulty. And when he had a chance he didn't take it.
Hill should recognise our current options are not as good as they should be, and once upon a time he'd have done something about it!
Team For Burton... on 15:09 - Jan 27 with 4880 viewsfitzochris

Team For Burton... on 14:49 - Jan 27 by OxDale

So the problem is we have 3 very average League 1 centre backs, and several who can make do in an emergency.
Last season we defended better as a team particularly with Done closing down the opposition quickly.
It's a league 2 team that supposedly interested in Eastham, which says something. I've nothing against him, he's just no better than Lancashire or McNulty. And when he had a chance he didn't take it.
Hill should recognise our current options are not as good as they should be, and once upon a time he'd have done something about it!

Leyton Orient might be a League Two side, but they'll pay more than we do (a lot more, if recent reports are to be believed).

Most likely, Nolan will see a quality centre back not catching for a League One side and be thinking of offering him first team football for more money.

Leyton Orient are expected to make an immediate return to League One, so Eastham must be seen to fit that criteria.

Nothing more has been said on this supposed interest, though, so not sure what's happening there.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 15:12]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Team For Burton... on 15:40 - Jan 27 with 4840 viewsdingdangblue

Team For Burton... on 15:09 - Jan 27 by fitzochris

Leyton Orient might be a League Two side, but they'll pay more than we do (a lot more, if recent reports are to be believed).

Most likely, Nolan will see a quality centre back not catching for a League One side and be thinking of offering him first team football for more money.

Leyton Orient are expected to make an immediate return to League One, so Eastham must be seen to fit that criteria.

Nothing more has been said on this supposed interest, though, so not sure what's happening there.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 15:12]

Its a bit difficult with centre backs, I mean who stands out in the lower leagues? People tend to concentrate more on attacking than defending these days. They are raving about Rory McArdle over on the Barnsley site - saying they'd love him at Oakwell - where as over here our fortunes changed the day he dislocated his shoulder and Dawson had to play! I'll never forget McArdle's 'performance' at Spotland v Brentford.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Team For Burton... on 16:02 - Jan 27 with 4802 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Lillis
Rafferty
Eastham
Kennedy
Tanser
Bennett
Allen camps
Mendez hendo vincenti

Bench
Diba
Cannon
McNulty
Syers
RNL
LUND
Andrew
Team For Burton... on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 4703 views1907

Your talking nonsense. Eastham is a far superior player to Lancashire. Now I'm not calling Eastham a world beater but Lancashire is absolutely terrible. Eastham is solid, no nonsense.
Team For Burton... on 18:04 - Jan 27 with 4677 viewsOxDale

Don't think he's any better or worse than Lancashire. He had a chance against Wigan and blew it. He's perhaps been unfortunate not to get another chance, no injuries (except to himself) or suspensions. If he was far superior, Hill would pick him. Or more likely sell him. And he'd go up a level, not down.
I don't get the obsession?
Team For Burton... on 18:24 - Jan 27 with 4657 views1907

Team For Burton... on 18:04 - Jan 27 by OxDale

Don't think he's any better or worse than Lancashire. He had a chance against Wigan and blew it. He's perhaps been unfortunate not to get another chance, no injuries (except to himself) or suspensions. If he was far superior, Hill would pick him. Or more likely sell him. And he'd go up a level, not down.
I don't get the obsession?

There's no obsession. Eastham is better than Lancashire. It's cold hard facts.
Team For Burton... on 18:35 - Jan 27 with 4619 viewsrobbowood

Surely the facts are that since Jack O'Connell went back to Brentford our defence has never been the same. We were spoilt by having someone as good as J O'C

If J O'C was still here I doubt if we would be discussing who is better between Eastham or Lancashire - both of them would look better players than they are currently playing alongside McNulty. McNulty isn't the worst central defender we've ever had but unfortunately he isn't as good as J O'C
Team For Burton... on 18:46 - Jan 27 with 4599 viewsOxDale

Team For Burton... on 18:35 - Jan 27 by robbowood

Surely the facts are that since Jack O'Connell went back to Brentford our defence has never been the same. We were spoilt by having someone as good as J O'C

If J O'C was still here I doubt if we would be discussing who is better between Eastham or Lancashire - both of them would look better players than they are currently playing alongside McNulty. McNulty isn't the worst central defender we've ever had but unfortunately he isn't as good as J O'C

I'd agree with that. And Craig Dawson before JOC.
Over to Mr Hill.
Team For Burton... on 19:38 - Jan 27 with 4527 viewsboromat

I agree we don't have a stand out CB like a Dawson or O'Connell but they don't grow on trees.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024