Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. 22:15 - Feb 16 with 14704 viewsolympicdale

I don't know what else to say after that 'performance'. The first 6 minutes were brilliant, closing down Crewe and all over them, and then they seemed to stop playing which gave Crewe a perfect chance to get back in to the game. You can not drop the intensity as much as we did after getting two early goals, they were there for the taking and we just decided to stop playing, and in fact, they will probably be a little disappointed not to win, could have easily had 3/4.

There doesn't look to be any visible shape to this team, or any noticible idea to the system being played, McNulty is NOT a full back, how many games before Hill realises this, he's in danger of destroying the lads confidence. Eastham and Lancy should be the preferred choice with what we have at the moment, they appear to have a good partnership, verbally organising each other throughout the game.

What has happened to the midfield, there are no leaders in the middle of the park, no passion and no natural width, it's like there's an invisible shield just past the half way line, that we seem afraid to cross. It is no coincidence tht both goals came from quality play out wide, we need some natural width in our play. I am running out of patience for the situation with Alessandra, we need to be playing him or let him go out on loan, he deserves to be playing every week for someone.

Something needs to change, personal or tactical, because there doesn't look to be any idea or direction in the team atm, and you can easily be dragged in to a relegation battle, it was clear that confidence was low once Crewe got back in to it, and for a team that can beat teams like Wallsall and Burton, it is no excuse.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 22:21]

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:17 - Feb 16 with 8420 viewsdingdangblue

Where's Scott Tanser disappeared to?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:19 - Feb 16 with 8367 views1907

McNulty and Eastham should be the pairing. Lancashire was absolutely disgraceful yet again tonight. Weak, horrendous distribution, completely lost his man for the first goal... The list is endless. He is quite clearly nowhere near good enough yet appears to be the first name on the team sheet
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:23 - Feb 16 with 8290 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:17 - Feb 16 by dingdangblue

I posed the same question tonight, seems to have fallen into the Keith Hill black hole.

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:26 - Feb 16 with 8254 views442Dale

McNulty at LB has no vald argument at all. By the second half he'd stopped giving angle for the CHs to pass to him. What message does that send to Tom Kennedy?

RNL back from nowhere and used ahead of Alessandra who did quite well on Saturday?

No Camps, Allen, Cannon?

These were all discussed after the game with the manager I hope.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:29 - Feb 16 with 8214 viewsRoChDaLe

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:26 - Feb 16 by 442Dale

McNulty at LB has no vald argument at all. By the second half he'd stopped giving angle for the CHs to pass to him. What message does that send to Tom Kennedy?

RNL back from nowhere and used ahead of Alessandra who did quite well on Saturday?

No Camps, Allen, Cannon?

These were all discussed after the game with the manager I hope.

Think he was aiming for height in the side due to the nature of Crewe hence Bennett unusually up top and Mcnulty outwide and no Allen or Camps. He's also doing it to combat the set piece conceding problem i believe.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:29 - Feb 16 with 8200 viewsToffeemanc

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:17 - Feb 16 by dingdangblue

Hill mentioned he has a leg injury in a recent interview. He is sorely missed at the moment as we do not have a left back with any sort of pace and it is showing.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:32 - Feb 16 with 8154 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:19 - Feb 16 by 1907

McNulty and Eastham should be the pairing. Lancashire was absolutely disgraceful yet again tonight. Weak, horrendous distribution, completely lost his man for the first goal... The list is endless. He is quite clearly nowhere near good enough yet appears to be the first name on the team sheet

I dont agree, i think all our CBs are similar quality, having Mcnulty with Eastham wouldn't fix our defensive problems imo. Eastham with Lancashire should be the first choice, a proper LB and a proper idea of some sort of system.

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:35 - Feb 16 with 8108 views442Dale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:29 - Feb 16 by RoChDaLe

Think he was aiming for height in the side due to the nature of Crewe hence Bennett unusually up top and Mcnulty outwide and no Allen or Camps. He's also doing it to combat the set piece conceding problem i believe.

Apart from Haber and their defenders, where was the height in their side?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:36 - Feb 16 with 8094 viewsolympicdale

If their guy hadn't gone off injured it could have been worse at half time, he was brilliant on their right side, Mcunlty was really struggling, a lot of impatus was lost (thankfully) after he was stretchered off.

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:37 - Feb 16 with 8072 viewsTVOS1907

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:23 - Feb 16 by olympicdale

I posed the same question tonight, seems to have fallen into the Keith Hill black hole.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/injury-update-callum-camps-donal-mcder

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:41 - Feb 16 with 8018 viewsRoChDaLe

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:35 - Feb 16 by 442Dale

Apart from Haber and their defenders, where was the height in their side?

they were a tall team

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:48 - Feb 16 with 7930 viewsdalenumber2

Two poor teams tonight. Crewe were playing for the draw in the second half, we were clueless (after our second goal) especially in defence. I cannot understand Hill's team selection, McNulty was like a fish out of water again tonight. Hill's substitutions were just as baffling and I left feeling quite depressed as if we had lost. The thing is, I know we can be so much better than this. That's the frustrating thing.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:48 - Feb 16 with 7930 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:37 - Feb 16 by TVOS1907

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/injury-update-callum-camps-donal-mcder

He seems to have been out for quite a while now, he has certainly been badly missed.

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 7877 viewsTVOS1907

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:41 - Feb 16 by RoChDaLe

they were a tall team

Not really.

Haber and the lad at the back, but the rest weren't, not even the 'keeper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 7872 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:48 - Feb 16 by dalenumber2

Two poor teams tonight. Crewe were playing for the draw in the second half, we were clueless (after our second goal) especially in defence. I cannot understand Hill's team selection, McNulty was like a fish out of water again tonight. Hill's substitutions were just as baffling and I left feeling quite depressed as if we had lost. The thing is, I know we can be so much better than this. That's the frustrating thing.

The team appears to be playing within themselves at the moment, afraid to play to their potential, because we all know they can beat anyone in this league on their day, very negative approaches recently.

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:56 - Feb 16 with 7821 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:48 - Feb 16 by dalenumber2

When I saw the team line up i immediately thought Hilly was looking not to lose the match rather than win it. In the cold light of day when you look at the league table the point is not a bad one.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:57 - Feb 16 with 7808 viewsdalenumber2

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:51 - Feb 16 by olympicdale

The team appears to be playing within themselves at the moment, afraid to play to their potential, because we all know they can beat anyone in this league on their day, very negative approaches recently.

Hill needs to take responsibility for this, ultimately. I really don't know what's been going on recently - it's almost as if he does't want us to do well just to prove a point. If anyone has an explanation I would like to hear it.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:02 - Feb 16 with 7759 viewsSwissdale

Hilly has mentioned about the lack of confidence in the team, and my God did it show tonight. Our style of football is being affected, and it's frankly boring to watch. So many times we work the ball backwards, for a centre half to whack it upfield and lose possession.

Negativity also lies at the feet of the manager when it comes to team selection. We started a home game against third bottom of the league with SIX defenders, including FOUR centre halfs, not good enough.

Tonight is the first time I've started to feel genuinely worried about our prospects this season. The team has been chopped and changed dramatically over the past few weeks, but the end results are very similar.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:05 - Feb 16 with 7736 viewsDaley_Lama

At least Joe Bunney had a decent game tonight, like all players a run in the team gets you going.

Poll: DF in or out

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:06 - Feb 16 with 7719 viewsRoChDaLe

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 22:51 - Feb 16 by TVOS1907

Not really.

Haber and the lad at the back, but the rest weren't, not even the 'keeper.

you could hardly miss the black fella and their right back was also tall.. that's 4 players who we were most likely aiming to mark with Bennett,Eastham,Lancashire and Mcnulty.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:09 - Feb 16 with 7685 viewsJimmyRustler

I've now come to the conclusion that one of two things (possibly both as they sorta go hand in hand) are happening with KH at the moment.

He's either a) totally lost the plot and these 'masterstrokes' such as Jim at LB are feeble attempts to try and show that he's still some sort of tactical demigod

Or

b) He's being a stubborn tvvat and this tinkering, omission of Alessandra etc is just a big FU I'm in charge to the fans who he thinks are trying to undermine him.

The result in isolation is SH1TE in itself but the fact we completely folded and let them back into it is absolutely terrifying.

We don't defend from the front. (Hendo is the only one who tries to put pressure on oppos)
Our defenders can't defend.
Our defending from set pieces is, at the risk of doing the kids a disservice, schoolboyesque.
Our confidence is now absolutely NIL.
We've used a loan to bring in a defender who by all accounts can't get into Scunthorpe's team and is thought of by their fans as a step below dogshiit in the road on the defensive spectrum.

It's quite clear to me that Eastham is our best defender. He needs to be at least tried with Jim or perhaps even Caravan Park or whatever his name is if KH is feeling extra doped up and frivolous.

We need to try and sell Lancashire to Tranmere because they're probably the only club in England who would take him off our hands right now.

RNL in from the cold was honesty laughable over Alessandra who may as well just ask for a mutual termination. I've never ever been so pissed off with regards to a player situation and I feel so sorry for the lad.

Bunney may have scored but he's still poop. If he's the best we can hope for (whatever position he plays) then I think I'm gonna put the deposit down for the weekend in Morecame now.

Oh and one last thing, why oh why have we abandoned our free flowing football? It isn't an excuse to say that KH doesn't think this squad is capable of playing that way as it's virtually the same team as last season and he assembled the feckin thing!

My wife is gonna get it tonight and I don't care if she's asleep when I get in.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:16 - Feb 16 with 7639 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:09 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

I've now come to the conclusion that one of two things (possibly both as they sorta go hand in hand) are happening with KH at the moment.

He's either a) totally lost the plot and these 'masterstrokes' such as Jim at LB are feeble attempts to try and show that he's still some sort of tactical demigod

Or

b) He's being a stubborn tvvat and this tinkering, omission of Alessandra etc is just a big FU I'm in charge to the fans who he thinks are trying to undermine him.

The result in isolation is SH1TE in itself but the fact we completely folded and let them back into it is absolutely terrifying.

We don't defend from the front. (Hendo is the only one who tries to put pressure on oppos)
Our defenders can't defend.
Our defending from set pieces is, at the risk of doing the kids a disservice, schoolboyesque.
Our confidence is now absolutely NIL.
We've used a loan to bring in a defender who by all accounts can't get into Scunthorpe's team and is thought of by their fans as a step below dogshiit in the road on the defensive spectrum.

It's quite clear to me that Eastham is our best defender. He needs to be at least tried with Jim or perhaps even Caravan Park or whatever his name is if KH is feeling extra doped up and frivolous.

We need to try and sell Lancashire to Tranmere because they're probably the only club in England who would take him off our hands right now.

RNL in from the cold was honesty laughable over Alessandra who may as well just ask for a mutual termination. I've never ever been so pissed off with regards to a player situation and I feel so sorry for the lad.

Bunney may have scored but he's still poop. If he's the best we can hope for (whatever position he plays) then I think I'm gonna put the deposit down for the weekend in Morecame now.

Oh and one last thing, why oh why have we abandoned our free flowing football? It isn't an excuse to say that KH doesn't think this squad is capable of playing that way as it's virtually the same team as last season and he assembled the feckin thing!

My wife is gonna get it tonight and I don't care if she's asleep when I get in.

Make sure you wake her up first, you could end up in trouble otherwise.Its always wise to seek permission first.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:19 - Feb 16 with 7616 viewsWhiteyBFC

McNulty played his best football for us at LB.

RNL had shoulder surgery recently did he not? Was tonight his first appearance back?

Crewe aren't the mugs people expect. A point's a point.

(some) Rochdale and Bury fans need to take stock and realise that mid table in L1 isn't as bad as they make it sound. I'm a Barnsley supporter, sat in mid table during one of the worst seasons in living memory. In L1. I accept it. It's where we are. It's where we deserve to be. It is what it is.
For Dale not to be bottom four is something in itself. I honestly think Keith's over-achievements previously give folk a false perspective.

You're not as bad as a lot of you keep insisting you are.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:19 - Feb 16 with 7615 viewsdalenumber2

Worryingly for me was that when the Fleetwood match was announced at the end of the match, I had an overwhelming feeling of doom and dread at the thought of another cold Tuesday night watching all that again!
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:28 - Feb 16 with 7555 viewsJimmyRustler

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:19 - Feb 16 by WhiteyBFC

McNulty played his best football for us at LB.

RNL had shoulder surgery recently did he not? Was tonight his first appearance back?

Crewe aren't the mugs people expect. A point's a point.

(some) Rochdale and Bury fans need to take stock and realise that mid table in L1 isn't as bad as they make it sound. I'm a Barnsley supporter, sat in mid table during one of the worst seasons in living memory. In L1. I accept it. It's where we are. It's where we deserve to be. It is what it is.
For Dale not to be bottom four is something in itself. I honestly think Keith's over-achievements previously give folk a false perspective.

You're not as bad as a lot of you keep insisting you are.

If the season was to finish now this would all be true but we're pretty much in free fall with 6 wins in our last 20 games in all comps.

It's the manner of the results as much as the results themselves. I can't see us putting a run together like you did.

We aren't even losing the right way anymore. Everything KH has built here he seems to be systemically destroying with every passing game.

PS TS I was only kidding don't worry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024