Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Season Ticket thread! 15:44 - Feb 24 with 10595 viewsR17ALE

Reading this board over the last few weeks, it's clear that some fans find it hard to stump up £300 in March or April, but would like to spread the cost monthly in order to receive the benefits of being a s/t holder.

Presumably, the club don't fancy having to check the bank statements every month to make sure everyone has coughed up.

There is, I think a way round this. Start up a season ticket Goldbond club say next January where fans can join for £10 per week or £43.33 per month.

Assuming the fan has honoured each monthly payment by August, they receive, free of charge, a season ticket for anywhere in the ground. Or two season tickets even, or a season ticket and a home shirt (or £50 to spend in the shop).

On the downside it means fans end up spending more over the year, but on the plus side, it spreads the burden over 12 months and you might end up winning your money back with luck.

Finally, the club has to give 20% of S/T money to the VAT, whereas lotteries are exempt from VAT and so Dale would get to keep all of their brass if done via the Goldbond.

If this was an option, what would you do?

I'd certainly do it if the club put real added value into the package, maybe throw in a pre-match meal or some other low cost incentive.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:15 - Feb 24 with 8201 viewsroccydaleian

Cracking suggestion, i'd certainly go for it.
Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:19 - Feb 24 with 8192 viewsTalkingSutty

It's a good idea and I think you would get a decent uptake from those who want/need to pay in instalments. It doesn't address the missing supporters though and attracting fans back up to the Stadium which is the most important thing.

The price is the key and a lot of folk just can't afford to attend games. Drastically reducing the cost of season tickets will probably mean there won't be a need for fans to pay in instalments. If prices stay the same then your idea is well thought out and benefits the fans and the club (I will have two please),but it's not going to put that many more extra bums on seats and that's a very big problem at the moment.
Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:20 - Feb 24 with 8187 viewsD_Alien

It's got the makings of a great idea, and one that'd incentivise the fanbase.

Just a couple of questions:

1) When the club hand over the S/T, aren't they in effect selling it, so the VAT issue could impact at that point?

2) What would happen to those fans who paid a few weeks or months then found they couldn't keep up the payments? Would they simply get their money back?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:28 - Feb 24 with 8149 viewsR17ALE

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:20 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

It's got the makings of a great idea, and one that'd incentivise the fanbase.

Just a couple of questions:

1) When the club hand over the S/T, aren't they in effect selling it, so the VAT issue could impact at that point?

2) What would happen to those fans who paid a few weeks or months then found they couldn't keep up the payments? Would they simply get their money back?

Not 100% sure but,

1. I assume not. I think incentives to play Goldbond to the tune of a tenner a week are perfectly acceptable, like agents get a season ticket for their efforts.

2. If it were to start in January, by August you'd have over half the money in and you'd like to think fans wouldn't default on Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec payments.

Alternatively, in August issue a half season ticket book, and then the other half in January.

If the numbers could be worked out, you could do a scheme, say £15 a week = 2 S/T books, or a Family of 4 for say £17,50 a week. It's just an idea really to try and make it easier for all Dale fans to be S/T holders whilst increasing the club's revenues.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:40 - Feb 24 with 8114 viewsdeeplishblue

I was under the impression that you could buy vouchers in the club shop that could be traded in against season ticket sales?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:45 - Feb 24 with 8095 viewsroccydaleian

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:40 - Feb 24 by deeplishblue

I was under the impression that you could buy vouchers in the club shop that could be traded in against season ticket sales?

Can you still do that? If so, why is it not advertised to the max?
Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:48 - Feb 24 with 8079 viewsisitme

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:40 - Feb 24 by deeplishblue

So was I.

A very interesting suggestion by R17ALE, which I would sign up for and the club would benefit from as I am not a member of goldbond.

This saving up for season tickets is a funny one. As I said to one of our former supporters, put the money for two pints of Guinness in a jar and a year later you have the price of a season ticket saved up.

In reality, monthly payments would be a good idea, but we would need a season ticket card with barcode scanners to make it effective. That way if people do not make a payment their card can be stopped. No messing around with picking up installments of tickets etc.
Another Season Ticket thread! on 17:00 - Feb 24 with 8054 viewsroccydaleian

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:48 - Feb 24 by isitme

So was I.

A very interesting suggestion by R17ALE, which I would sign up for and the club would benefit from as I am not a member of goldbond.

This saving up for season tickets is a funny one. As I said to one of our former supporters, put the money for two pints of Guinness in a jar and a year later you have the price of a season ticket saved up.

In reality, monthly payments would be a good idea, but we would need a season ticket card with barcode scanners to make it effective. That way if people do not make a payment their card can be stopped. No messing around with picking up installments of tickets etc.

Do you mean an Guinness?
Login to get fewer ads

Another Season Ticket thread! on 20:40 - Feb 25 with 7764 views100notout

Another Season Ticket thread! on 16:28 - Feb 24 by R17ALE

Not 100% sure but,

1. I assume not. I think incentives to play Goldbond to the tune of a tenner a week are perfectly acceptable, like agents get a season ticket for their efforts.

2. If it were to start in January, by August you'd have over half the money in and you'd like to think fans wouldn't default on Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec payments.

Alternatively, in August issue a half season ticket book, and then the other half in January.

If the numbers could be worked out, you could do a scheme, say £15 a week = 2 S/T books, or a Family of 4 for say £17,50 a week. It's just an idea really to try and make it easier for all Dale fans to be S/T holders whilst increasing the club's revenues.

Fantastic idea.

Frances (not R17ALE!!!) needs to look into this - I would imagine a lot of fans would go for this.

You could even launch it in December so that family / friends could set this up for someone as a christmas present and make the first instalment for them plus the club would get another months income.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Another Season Ticket thread! on 08:27 - Feb 26 with 7631 viewsleedsdale

Huddersfield have announced all adult season tickets are £179 for next season.
Another Season Ticket thread! on 09:23 - Feb 26 with 7566 viewsdingdangblue

Another Season Ticket thread! on 08:27 - Feb 26 by leedsdale

https://mobile.twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/703144134152814592

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Another Season Ticket thread! on 09:25 - Feb 26 with 7562 viewsDomDale

Another Season Ticket thread! on 08:27 - Feb 26 by leedsdale

Aye, but as my mate who's a Town fan has pointed out they are able to subisdise the drop in price as the Championship TV revenue has gone up so much. It's all ifs and buts but I wonder what the financial health of the club would be had we kept Done and pushed for the play offs last season.. Who knows.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Another Season Ticket thread! on 09:45 - Feb 26 with 7543 viewsdingdangblue

Another Season Ticket thread! on 09:25 - Feb 26 by DomDale

Aye, but as my mate who's a Town fan has pointed out they are able to subisdise the drop in price as the Championship TV revenue has gone up so much. It's all ifs and buts but I wonder what the financial health of the club would be had we kept Done and pushed for the play offs last season.. Who knows.

They've also had this windfall.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-set-cash-windfal

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Another Season Ticket thread! on 12:14 - Feb 26 with 7449 viewsD_Alien

I do.

We'd be worse off by whatever we got for him.

Thanks in advance.

Another Season Ticket thread! on 12:36 - Feb 26 with 7420 viewsdingdangblue

This season is the one to get promoted. With the new tv deal:
Solidarity payments to lower league clubs currently total around £55m a year - Championship clubs receive £2.3m annually (unless they receive parachute payments), League One clubs £360,000 and League Two 240,000. A 70 per rise would see that total reach around £90m.

Even staying in league 1 will boost our funds with an expected £252,000 extra for the next 3 seasons. The current £360,000 received should rise to £612,000 per season.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 12:38]

Another Season Ticket thread! on 18:11 - Feb 26 with 7296 viewsTalkingSutty

Another Season Ticket thread! on 12:36 - Feb 26 by dingdangblue

Solidarity payments to lower league clubs currently total around £55m a year - Championship clubs receive £2.3m annually (unless they receive parachute payments), League One clubs £360,000 and League Two 240,000. A 70 per rise would see that total reach around £90m.

Even staying in league 1 will boost our funds with an expected £252,000 extra for the next 3 seasons. The current £360,000 received should rise to £612,000 per season.

With Television payments and also the increments for being a league one Club from the FA , I am pretty sure the financial difference difference between league one and league two is something like 700k a season or probably more. That's without increased attendances from away support. I could be wrong with those figures though. It shows the importance of not being relegated.
Another Season Ticket thread! on 18:18 - Feb 26 with 7287 views442Dale

Another Season Ticket thread! on 12:36 - Feb 26 by dingdangblue

If those figures are correct, there is no reason at all not to try the cheaper season tickets mentioned elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another Season Ticket thread! on 19:26 - Feb 26 with 7201 viewsdingdangblue

Another Season Ticket thread! on 18:18 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

If those figures are correct, there is no reason at all not to try the cheaper season tickets mentioned elsewhere.

You would hope that all clubs from Premier League down to League 2 would pass some of this windfall onto the loyal supporters....................and lower ticket prices. In reality it will just be swallowed up in big transfer fees and higher wages.

Another Season Ticket thread! on 20:06 - Feb 26 with 7154 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Another Season Ticket thread! on 19:26 - Feb 26 by dingdangblue

You would hope that all clubs from Premier League down to League 2 would pass some of this windfall onto the loyal supporters....................and lower ticket prices. In reality it will just be swallowed up in big transfer fees and higher wages.

.........."loyal supporters" are pretty much disconnected anyway.

Clubs dont give a sh*t.
Another Season Ticket thread! on 20:27 - Feb 26 with 7133 viewsTalkingSutty

Another Season Ticket thread! on 20:06 - Feb 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

.........."loyal supporters" are pretty much disconnected anyway.

Clubs dont give a sh*t.

I wonder if the money that's trickling down the leagues from television rights plus other monies associated with playing in League One means that having to increase the fanbase becomes less of a priority.

Increasing the home support by 500 every game of the season and working the average price at 12 pounds a head only puts around 150 K in the pot. It's not a lot of money in the full scale of things. Even the income from a extra 1000 supporters can be clawed back with the sale of a player or a cup run. Maybe it works out cost effective to not spend money on trying to increase the crowds,as long as we stay in League One.

It's obviously a flawed way of thinking if that's the case, I can't really believe it is but the lack of concern regarding the decreasing crowds is a worry.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 20:32]
Another Season Ticket thread! on 13:11 - Feb 27 with 6933 viewsD_Alien

Another Season Ticket thread! on 20:27 - Feb 26 by TalkingSutty

I wonder if the money that's trickling down the leagues from television rights plus other monies associated with playing in League One means that having to increase the fanbase becomes less of a priority.

Increasing the home support by 500 every game of the season and working the average price at 12 pounds a head only puts around 150 K in the pot. It's not a lot of money in the full scale of things. Even the income from a extra 1000 supporters can be clawed back with the sale of a player or a cup run. Maybe it works out cost effective to not spend money on trying to increase the crowds,as long as we stay in League One.

It's obviously a flawed way of thinking if that's the case, I can't really believe it is but the lack of concern regarding the decreasing crowds is a worry.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 20:32]

I think there's some truth in that.

The problem is maintaining even the current fanbase of around 2000 hard core - or 1500 hard core on a freezing midweek night when work and other commitments come into play. Once the current generation starts to tail off, the younger generation have far more things to do than we did and there may not be a fanbase at all if the prevalent attitude persists.

For an attractive L1 fixture like today, with decent weather and what appears to be an upturn in form, anything less than 2500 home fans would be a disgrace. Let's see.

Another Season Ticket thread! on 13:59 - Feb 27 with 6892 views442Dale

Another Season Ticket thread! on 13:11 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

I think there's some truth in that.

The problem is maintaining even the current fanbase of around 2000 hard core - or 1500 hard core on a freezing midweek night when work and other commitments come into play. Once the current generation starts to tail off, the younger generation have far more things to do than we did and there may not be a fanbase at all if the prevalent attitude persists.

For an attractive L1 fixture like today, with decent weather and what appears to be an upturn in form, anything less than 2500 home fans would be a disgrace. Let's see.

Looking back in years to come the decisions made this summer around pricing could be very crucial. Reason? Your mention of the younger generation and the numbers in our hardcore support. If we don't look to address it now, the boat may sail with the impact not being felt on the shore until a decade or so from now.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 14:02]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another Season Ticket thread! on 15:14 - Feb 27 with 6860 viewsPorlicks

Another Season Ticket thread! on 13:59 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

Looking back in years to come the decisions made this summer around pricing could be very crucial. Reason? Your mention of the younger generation and the numbers in our hardcore support. If we don't look to address it now, the boat may sail with the impact not being felt on the shore until a decade or so from now.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 14:02]

There are new children born every year..... don't think that's going to end this year. We'd like to think we're the pinnacle of progress, but we're not.

Perhaps we should alter the product to suit the customer, rather than trying to alter the customer to suit the product. It's be terrible if we got "swamped" by new supporters.

Who are YOU with?

Another Season Ticket thread! on 11:26 - Mar 1 with 6658 viewsdingdangblue

Another Season Ticket thread! on 18:18 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

RADICAL PRICES TO GET EVERY DALE FAN TO PURCHASE SEASON TICKETS.

£115 Adult ( £5 POUNDS PER GAME )
£60 Concessions ( £2.61 PER GAME )
7 and under still free.

Start advertising them now using every available means - news travels so fast these days and as we've seen with both Bradford and Hartlepool - the national media pick up on it.
Not only Switch but Credit Card purchases NEED TO BE AVAILABLE ( even if it means Season ticket vouchers via the Club Shop if need be - but I don't see why in this day and age everyone accepts credit cards ) - SURELY AT THESE PRICES EVERY PERSON WHO CAME TO THE LEEDS UNITED, NOTTINGHAM FOREST, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND STOKE CITY GAMES WOULD BE INTERESTED? I really think that the credit card facility would help massively shifting tickets.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2016 11:28]

Another Season Ticket thread! on 12:04 - Mar 1 with 6615 viewsDaleiLama

Another Season Ticket thread! on 11:26 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

RADICAL PRICES TO GET EVERY DALE FAN TO PURCHASE SEASON TICKETS.

£115 Adult ( £5 POUNDS PER GAME )
£60 Concessions ( £2.61 PER GAME )
7 and under still free.

Start advertising them now using every available means - news travels so fast these days and as we've seen with both Bradford and Hartlepool - the national media pick up on it.
Not only Switch but Credit Card purchases NEED TO BE AVAILABLE ( even if it means Season ticket vouchers via the Club Shop if need be - but I don't see why in this day and age everyone accepts credit cards ) - SURELY AT THESE PRICES EVERY PERSON WHO CAME TO THE LEEDS UNITED, NOTTINGHAM FOREST, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND STOKE CITY GAMES WOULD BE INTERESTED? I really think that the credit card facility would help massively shifting tickets.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2016 11:28]

"Already started on season ticket renewal"

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/

Video on bottom-right sidebar of interview with FF from 11:40 in.

Depending on how you interpret the above comment, radicalism may not be coming to Rochdale in the shape of season ticket prices. Hopefully in no other way either.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024