Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please can we have some passion? 08:55 - Mar 7 with 10099 viewsTalkingSutty

Time to play the broken record, put it on continual play for two weeks. Local derbies used to be the ones you really anticipated but under Keith Hill they often turn into miserable, often passionless affairs. Listening to his interviews prior to the games and then watching the majority of our displays forms the base of my opinion, he just doesn't do local derbies.

Last seasons game at Boundary Park is still raw in the memory, Andy Ritchie's views, both before and after the game on commentary showed his dismay at how we didn't seem up for the game (listening to Hills pre- match interview) despite it being a local derby, I agreed with him. As a supporters that game was pretty embarrassing, a terrible performance in a game that had us on the edge of the Play Offs.

Oldham are probably the worst team I have seen this season at Spotland and apart from Alessanders open goal miss we didn't really lay a glove on them. Showing them too much respect when they were there for the taking. God knows why?

Wigan and Bury at home this season,again the manager took the passion out of the fixtures and seemed hesitant to see the importance of the fixture to the supporters,he treated the games as just another fixture and we ended up with two insipid displays lacking in any attacking intent. Very easy games for both Wigan and Bury. In fact that's how Hilly approaches local derbies which results in the opposition seemingly being more up for the game and we play on the back foot as the opposition take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I would hope that now we are more or less safe Hilly could approach the Bury and Oldham games with a degree of enthusiasm and not ones where he is playing against two of his mates. Let's face it the table doesn't lie, bury are no better than us and are in fact pretty crap away from home, attack them and they collapse. We are currently in good form aren't we?

Oldham are fighting for their lives so let's learn from our recent game against Shrewsbury and start the game in the right fashion. No playing these two fixtures down, we are well capable of six points and let's hope we don't have to listen to any drivel about the fans looking at bury with envious eyes etc. If we lose, we lose,but it would nice to know we gave both games a bloody good go.

I don't know if Hilly plays the games down because he feels a bit of pressure competing against Flicker/local bragging rights,whatever the reason it's very rare we produce a good performance so he needs to change his approach. Being up for a local derby and knowing the team will be hell bent on securing the bragging rights should be a given, not even up for discussion... but it isn't. There's no need to play with caution now, let's get stuck into them.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 16:30]
Please can we have some passion? on 09:11 - Mar 7 with 6335 viewsFrog

Maybe he's not passionate about Dale derbies because he's not actually a Daley. Man U or Bolton v (add local team here) may be what does it for him.
Please can we have some passion? on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 6317 viewsdingdangblue

The bury game should be win at all cost. 51 points by the end of Saturday and Hill and the players can relax and play out the rest of the season pressure free. No point pissing around - get the job done and dusted as soon as possible. Take the game to bury - recent losses away have seen them 3-0, 4-0 down before half time - thats the key - get at them early and put them under the cosh.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Please can we have some passion? on 09:49 - Mar 7 with 6262 viewsTalkingSutty

Please can we have some passion? on 09:20 - Mar 7 by dingdangblue

The bury game should be win at all cost. 51 points by the end of Saturday and Hill and the players can relax and play out the rest of the season pressure free. No point pissing around - get the job done and dusted as soon as possible. Take the game to bury - recent losses away have seen them 3-0, 4-0 down before half time - thats the key - get at them early and put them under the cosh.

It seems pretty obvious doesn't it? Coupled with the fact we are half decent at Spotland.
Please can we have some passion? on 10:12 - Mar 7 with 6221 viewsDomDale

Spot on post. The local games of recent years have been lacking some bite or passion to the point where I've just not enjoyed them. We rolled over 2 x versus Oldham last season and this season at home to Bury was poor, away was just not an entertaining spectacle either. I'm sick of KH playing these games down especially the bury games. I don't want him being all matey brown nose with another manager and another club and I bet the bury fans feel the same about flitcroft when it comes to us. I've booked to go away next weekend and I'm missing Oldham away, can't say I'm that bothered really but I do hope I regret that decision and we stuff 'em!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Please can we have some passion? on 11:08 - Mar 7 with 6115 viewsLuke8686

Please can we have some passion? on 09:11 - Mar 7 by Frog

Maybe he's not passionate about Dale derbies because he's not actually a Daley. Man U or Bolton v (add local team here) may be what does it for him.

How does not being a Daley matter? He's our manager and should understand how much these derbies mean to supporters.
Please can we have some passion? on 11:18 - Mar 7 with 6100 viewsrobbowood

I agree 100% - but unfortuantely these days most football managers have a 'game plan' which is as much about stopping the oppostion as it is playing to your own strengths

If we adopt the same tactics as in the FA Cup tie it will most likely be another boring game and we will get beaten. Hopefully Hilly will change tactics and personel from the FA Cup game
Please can we have some passion? on 11:53 - Mar 7 with 6033 viewsdingdangblue

Please can we have some passion? on 11:18 - Mar 7 by robbowood

I agree 100% - but unfortuantely these days most football managers have a 'game plan' which is as much about stopping the oppostion as it is playing to your own strengths

If we adopt the same tactics as in the FA Cup tie it will most likely be another boring game and we will get beaten. Hopefully Hilly will change tactics and personel from the FA Cup game

Sod the opposition - we might as well go for it! Hill's 3 games against Flicker has seen 0-0,0-0,0-1. Just come out all guns blazing and bloody get some goals!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Please can we have some passion? on 12:05 - Mar 7 with 6001 viewsaleanddale

A start like shrews at home please!!!

First twenty mins let's give the shakers defence plenty to worry about.

When we recently beat them 3-0 at Spotland 6-0 would have been a fairer reflection of that dominance.

As always the first goal is huge..

Up the Dale. I am confident we can get a result this weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Please can we have some passion? on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 5702 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Please can we have some passion? on 11:18 - Mar 7 by robbowood

Good call on the need for a bit more passion......and the chance for a Re-Connection with the fans ( prepares for " mark down" on that comment,you can tell 'em).........and let's have something to shout about for a change.

Travelling through Burnley on Saturday at 11.30 and the place was buzzing ahead of the showdown with Rovers........that's what I would love to see at San Spotty on Saturday.
Please can we have some passion? on 17:15 - Mar 7 with 5576 viewsRotherhamDale

Rochdale 0-1 Bury.

Possession with progression.

Please can we have some passion? on 17:34 - Mar 7 with 5543 viewsTalkingSutty

Please can we have some passion? on 17:15 - Mar 7 by RotherhamDale

Rochdale 0-1 Bury.

Good shout, either that or pile on the draw.
Please can we have some passion? on 18:07 - Mar 7 with 5485 views442Dale

Still all ticket for away fans yet not for us? If they stick to this (hmmm), what plans are in place to stop away fans paying into the home end?

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/away-details-rochdale-2979351.aspx
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/next-at-spotland-bury-2980074.aspx

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Please can we have some passion? on 18:09 - Mar 7 with 5478 viewsSuddenLad

Please can we have some passion? on 18:07 - Mar 7 by 442Dale

Still all ticket for away fans yet not for us? If they stick to this (hmmm), what plans are in place to stop away fans paying into the home end?

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/away-details-rochdale-2979351.aspx
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/next-at-spotland-bury-2980074.aspx

Count their fingers at the turnstiles !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Please can we have some passion? on 19:10 - Mar 7 with 5403 viewsLuke8686

Please can we have some passion? on 18:09 - Mar 7 by SuddenLad

Count their fingers at the turnstiles !

Ask if they have got all their homework done
Please can we have some passion? on 19:31 - Mar 7 with 5355 viewsD_Alien

Good post TS, and I can't say I'm looking forward to the pre-match interviews, let alone the derbies themselves.

As far as Hilly's concerned, Lancashire hot pot derbies seem to have gone out of fashion, along with flat caps and whippets.

You'd have thought with our L1 status virtually secured we might start playing with a bit more freedom but the cup tie against Bury was described as a "free hit" so I'm not sure whether we'll start these games any differently than we have been doing. Things have started looking up since Holty joined - maybe he can ignite something in the dressing room that's been lacking in these types of games.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Please can we have some passion? on 20:04 - Mar 7 with 5274 viewsnordenblue

Please can we have some passion? on 19:31 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

Good post TS, and I can't say I'm looking forward to the pre-match interviews, let alone the derbies themselves.

As far as Hilly's concerned, Lancashire hot pot derbies seem to have gone out of fashion, along with flat caps and whippets.

You'd have thought with our L1 status virtually secured we might start playing with a bit more freedom but the cup tie against Bury was described as a "free hit" so I'm not sure whether we'll start these games any differently than we have been doing. Things have started looking up since Holty joined - maybe he can ignite something in the dressing room that's been lacking in these types of games.

Surely he won't want to pile the pressure on his mate though,hence the total lack of bollox everytime we've played them recently.
Please can we have some passion? on 20:21 - Mar 7 with 5232 viewsTalkingSutty

Please can we have some passion? on 19:31 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

Well following the last home match against the Blades,Hilly expressed his displeasure at our first half performance, we did nothing in the final third. He stated he had to make substitutions at half time to rectify the problem and it worked,let's hope he remembers that and we come out of the traps.A previous poster mentioned bury's habit of letting in early goals away from home so getting at them from the first whistle would make sense, we shall see.
Please can we have some passion? on 20:31 - Mar 7 with 5208 viewsdingdangblue

Please can we have some passion? on 20:21 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

Well following the last home match against the Blades,Hilly expressed his displeasure at our first half performance, we did nothing in the final third. He stated he had to make substitutions at half time to rectify the problem and it worked,let's hope he remembers that and we come out of the traps.A previous poster mentioned bury's habit of letting in early goals away from home so getting at them from the first whistle would make sense, we shall see.

We've scored 1st in 5 out of the last 6 games (albeit Saturdays was in the 89th min). Only Shrewsbury have we failed to get the opener recently.

Please can we have some passion? on 20:42 - Mar 7 with 5174 viewsTalkingSutty

Please can we have some passion? on 20:31 - Mar 7 by dingdangblue

We've scored 1st in 5 out of the last 6 games (albeit Saturdays was in the 89th min). Only Shrewsbury have we failed to get the opener recently.

I was thinking about recent first half performances against Crewe (after first 15 minutes),Fleetwood, Sheffield United and Shrewsbury which have been poor. Also our recent performances in derby games.

Hill stated his displeasure at the first half display against Sheffield United, it sounds like the following one at Shrewsbury was even worse.
Please can we have some passion? on 20:49 - Mar 7 with 5152 viewsLuke8686

Please can we have some passion? on 20:42 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

I was thinking about recent first half performances against Crewe (after first 15 minutes),Fleetwood, Sheffield United and Shrewsbury which have been poor. Also our recent performances in derby games.

Hill stated his displeasure at the first half display against Sheffield United, it sounds like the following one at Shrewsbury was even worse.

The first half at Coventry wasn't too bad, even though we didn't create too much we were solid at the back and were ok in possession.

However Bury will be a different kettle of fish - we have to attack from the start and really tear them a new one. Too many times this season we haven't got going until the 2nd half for whatever reason.
Please can we have some passion? on 20:54 - Mar 7 with 5139 viewsWhiteyBFC

Score first and early. And target Reece Brown. And don't get a man sent off.
Please can we have some passion? on 21:01 - Mar 7 with 5124 viewsTalkingSutty

Please can we have some passion? on 20:49 - Mar 7 by Luke8686

The first half at Coventry wasn't too bad, even though we didn't create too much we were solid at the back and were ok in possession.

However Bury will be a different kettle of fish - we have to attack from the start and really tear them a new one. Too many times this season we haven't got going until the 2nd half for whatever reason.

No reason why both managers can't set their teams up to attack this game. Both are in mid table and in no real danger of relegation so it's a great fixture to let the players express themselves. If it wasn't for the local rivalry there wouldnt be much riding on the game.The majority of supporters can take a defeat if they know their team have given it a good go.
Please can we have some passion? on 21:05 - Mar 7 with 5109 views442Dale

Please can we have some passion? on 21:01 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

No reason why both managers can't set their teams up to attack this game. Both are in mid table and in no real danger of relegation so it's a great fixture to let the players express themselves. If it wasn't for the local rivalry there wouldnt be much riding on the game.The majority of supporters can take a defeat if they know their team have given it a good go.

Or in Flitcroft's case, smash it to Pope.

Oh no, sorry, he's playing Ryan Lowe every week because that was the plan all along. #totalfootball

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Please can we have some passion? on 23:56 - Mar 7 with 4926 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Please can we have some passion? on 20:04 - Mar 7 by nordenblue

Surely he won't want to pile the pressure on his mate though,hence the total lack of bollox everytime we've played them recently.

That comment could have been penned exactly the same by a bury fan.
Please can we have some passion? on 04:18 - Mar 8 with 4857 viewsdownunder

Please can we have some passion? on 20:04 - Mar 7 by nordenblue

Pressure, other than he usual "pressure" of being a football team manager, on his mate is not really from the Football pitch. Just cannot see Rochdale or bury being relegated, and at best, one may sneak into a play off spot. Whether Flicker has a job next year will more likely be due to someone calling in a debt, or Day abandoning ship.
Let's get stuck in. Up The Dale!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024