Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They told us he was shit XI 15:20 - Mar 13 with 3526 viewsR17ALE

Reading someone else's post about how surprised they were to read on Scunny's Forum that they thought Canavan was shit, has given me an idea for an unusual Theme Team XI

Players who upon signing for Dale, were immediately followed by their previous supporters taking the time, on-line, to tell us he is shit, only for the player in question to then show some promise/do well.

1. Genuinely cannot think of a 'keeper
2. Simon Ramsden (Grimsby fans)
3. Tom Kennedy (bury fans)
4. John Doolan (Blackpool fans)
5. Niall Canavan (Scunthorpe fans)
6. Ashley Eastham (bury fans)
7. Nicky Adams (bury fans)
8. BBM (bury fans)
9. O'Grady (everybody's fans including bury)
10. Jean Loius Akpa Akpro (Grimsby fans)
11. Joe Widdowson (Grimsby fans)

Feel free to add a goalie and others I may have missed for the bench.

You are allowed to add players who didn't come from bury or Grimsby. Wow, their fans can really spot a player!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

They told us he was shit XI on 15:24 - Mar 13 with 3502 views442Dale

Stockport fans said Neil Edwards was too small, of course we're going back to the days when you had to rely on fanzines for fan opinion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

They told us he was shit XI on 15:27 - Mar 13 with 3481 viewsR17ALE

They told us he was shit XI on 15:24 - Mar 13 by 442Dale

Stockport fans said Neil Edwards was too small, of course we're going back to the days when you had to rely on fanzines for fan opinion.

Good call. I think they also told us Rickie Lambert was shit too I think.

Plus Gary Jones 2nd spell (Barnsley fans).

They told us he was shit XI on 15:28 - Mar 13 with 3471 viewsTVOS1907

They told us he was shit XI on 15:24 - Mar 13 by 442Dale

Yeah, but they were irrelevant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

They told us he was shit XI on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 3364 views100notout

A lot of Stockport fans said Alfie was shit - you can add them to the bury and Grimsby lot!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

They told us he was shit XI on 16:47 - Mar 13 with 3256 viewsYadHoDale

Calvin Andrew and the rest of the Football League (apart from one Vale fan, but they're all weird oatcake-munchers) :-)
They told us he was shit XI on 18:24 - Mar 13 with 3084 viewsfermin

I don't think they came on here, but on their forum Hereford fans said Matty Done was barely conference standard when we signed him.
They told us he was shit XI on 22:01 - Mar 13 with 2837 views1mark1

I thought John Doolan was terrible, but maybe I was wrong, what do others think?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

They told us he was shit XI on 22:09 - Mar 13 with 2818 viewsR17ALE

They told us he was shit XI on 22:01 - Mar 13 by 1mark1

I thought John Doolan was terrible, but maybe I was wrong, what do others think?

I thought he was decent until his legs gave up. He scored arguably the most important goal in our history - an equaliser late on in a 2-2 draw v Wrexham. Without that goal, the Hillcroft era may never have happened.

And Gary Jones once told me he was delighted we'd signed him as he'd been his hardest opponent over the years, and I think Jones knows more about football than Blackpool fans.

Login to get fewer ads

They told us he was shit XI on 02:02 - Mar 14 with 2693 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

They told us he was shit XI on 22:09 - Mar 13 by R17ALE

I thought he was decent until his legs gave up. He scored arguably the most important goal in our history - an equaliser late on in a 2-2 draw v Wrexham. Without that goal, the Hillcroft era may never have happened.

And Gary Jones once told me he was delighted we'd signed him as he'd been his hardest opponent over the years, and I think Jones knows more about football than Blackpool fans.

Doolan was interviewed during the week from La Manga where he was with Hibs at a pre-Cup Final training camp.

Didn't do them much good.
They told us he was shit XI on 07:27 - Mar 14 with 2608 viewssweetcorn

Calvin andrew.. Oops sorry read the thread wrong.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

They told us he was shit XI on 20:08 - Mar 14 with 2399 viewsboromat

Grant Holt didn't have great reviews either when we signed him. In fact very few of the players we sign come with great recommendations.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

They told us he was shit XI on 21:57 - Mar 14 with 2272 viewsfinberty

They told us he was shit XI on 16:02 - Mar 13 by 100notout

A lot of Stockport fans said Alfie was shit - you can add them to the bury and Grimsby lot!

I remember one particularly patronising Stockport fan opining that Alfie was a 'good squad player' and someone good to 'bring off the bench' but not really one for their starting XI, implying (in a superior way) that he might be a starter for us.

Hmm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024