Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! 20:33 - Mar 13 with 4326 viewsR17ALE

On the other side of the coin, there is so many to choose from.

The other team would have been quite good. This one is scarily bad and I'll have missed some out!

1. Kevin Rose (Sutton)
2. Andy Thackeray (Sutton)
3. Pim Balkestein (Err)
4. Andy Farrell (Barrow)
5. Neal Trottman (Err)
6. Simon Coleman (Parkin)
7. Mark Bailey (Barrow)
8. Andrew Tutte (His Dad)
9. George Donnelly (Coleman)
10. Graham Shaw (Docherty)
11. Trevor Snowden (Sutton)

Choose from any of the following for the bench. Paul Williams, Ashley Grimes, Stephen Jordan, Mark Payne, Robbie Wakenshaw, Mark Leonard.

Can anyone use the same criteria to pick a team to out-shit this one?!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:40 - Mar 13 with 3547 viewsSwissdale

May be slightly harsh on Tutte that. I always thought he was a good player - his dad was a numpty though!

Too lazy to name a full team, but honourable mentions go to; Lee Hodges, Jon Shaw, Kieron Durkan, Brett Ormerod, Simon Hackney, Chris Beech (in a playing capacity)
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:40 - Mar 13 with 3547 viewsMIlnrowdale

Any shite team has include simpkins it's an absolute must
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:42 - Mar 13 with 3534 viewsmacro

Personally I think of Kenny Arthur who had a great reputation but I didn’t think was up to much

Jon Shaw came in with a huge reputation in non-league and didn’t happen for him

John O’Sullivan raved about by Whitey but a disaster

Can’t argue with Donnelly, Pim, Trotman though
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:43 - Mar 13 with 3525 viewsmacro

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:40 - Mar 13 by MIlnrowdale

Simpkins though was something like seventh choice left back signing due to a minuscule budget and I think no one said he was any good. We got what we expected
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:43 - Mar 13 with 3525 viewsDorsetDale

Parkinsgimp will be up all night with this one!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:47 - Mar 13 with 3507 viewsTVOS1907

Rose was an OK keeper for his era and he scored at bury (unofficially).

I'd put James Spencer in that position. Or Jake Kean. Or Matt Dickins.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:48 - Mar 13 with 3507 viewsTalkingSutty

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:40 - Mar 13 by MIlnrowdale

That crap Scottish keeper we signed from Accrington. They made him sound like Gorden West but he was about as agile as a tin of John West. Mark Carter was a bag of shite also.

Soz macro, didn't see your post regarding Not King Arthur.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 20:50]
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:54 - Mar 13 with 3476 viewsChaffRAFC

Paul Tait!!

Also Kevin Donovan, Neil Brisco, Jake Kean, Nathan Eccleston, Neal Trotman, Steve Macauley, Mark Jackson, Iyesden Christie,

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:00 - Mar 13 with 3436 viewsNinco

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:47 - Mar 13 by TVOS1907

Rose was an OK keeper for his era and he scored at bury (unofficially).

I'd put James Spencer in that position. Or Jake Kean. Or Matt Dickins.

...or Kevin Pilkington.
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:03 - Mar 13 with 3417 viewsfitzochris

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 20:48 - Mar 13 by TalkingSutty

That crap Scottish keeper we signed from Accrington. They made him sound like Gorden West but he was about as agile as a tin of John West. Mark Carter was a bag of shite also.

Soz macro, didn't see your post regarding Not King Arthur.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 20:50]

I've got to say here, in his defence, that I saw Kenny Arthur many times for Partick Thistle before he went anywhere near Accrington and he was a very solid goalkeeper. For whatever reason, it didn't happen for him here. A bit like Robbie Thomson.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:33 - Mar 13 with 3329 views49thseason

I offer you some players with Premiership clubs on their CVs who proved to be rather less good than we expected:
Matt DIckens - Blackburn Rovers
Keith Barker - Blackburn Rovers
Kevin Pilkington - Man Utd
Brian Greenhoff - Man Utd
Simon Davies - Man Utd
Ashley Probets - Arsenal
Kevin Kyle - Sunderland
Nathan Eccleston - Liverpool
Julian Dowe - Man City
Ashley Grimes - Man City

There could be a separate thread for dross from Bolton Wanderers that found its way to Spotland
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:42 - Mar 13 with 3298 viewsfitzochris

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:33 - Mar 13 by 49thseason

I offer you some players with Premiership clubs on their CVs who proved to be rather less good than we expected:
Matt DIckens - Blackburn Rovers
Keith Barker - Blackburn Rovers
Kevin Pilkington - Man Utd
Brian Greenhoff - Man Utd
Simon Davies - Man Utd
Ashley Probets - Arsenal
Kevin Kyle - Sunderland
Nathan Eccleston - Liverpool
Julian Dowe - Man City
Ashley Grimes - Man City

There could be a separate thread for dross from Bolton Wanderers that found its way to Spotland

I don't think Grimes or Probets could boast Premiership experience and Kevin Kyle went on to have a half-decent career after his loan spell with us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:45 - Mar 13 with 3292 viewsste1

Did anyone ever say that Andy Farrell was good?

On a pale blue dot

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:47 - Mar 13 with 3284 viewsSuddenLad

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:00 - Mar 13 by Ninco

...or Kevin Pilkington.

Kevin Pilkington was on the bench yesterday for Notts Cheaty.

Alan Young,
Vernon Allatt
Les Strong
Stephen Jordan

Anyone signed from MCFC by Steve Eyre..........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:06 - Mar 13 with 3235 viewsR17ALE

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:45 - Mar 13 by ste1

Did anyone ever say that Andy Farrell was good?

Yes. Graham Barrow once said in a Fans Forum that the first three players the opposition manager always wanted to talk to him about post-match were Farrell, Leonard and Mark Bailey, as they were our stand out players.

As you can imagine, the room burst out laughing with a chorus of "yes because they're shit!"

He responded by saying, "I can only tell you the truth. What else have you come here for?"

Cue Mr Angry's finest moment.

"We've come here to get you sacked!"

And to an earlier poster, Simpkins cannot be included, because no-one told us he was good.

Jon Boardman is another name in the frame however!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:15 - Mar 13 with 3203 viewsnordenblue

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:06 - Mar 13 by R17ALE

Yes. Graham Barrow once said in a Fans Forum that the first three players the opposition manager always wanted to talk to him about post-match were Farrell, Leonard and Mark Bailey, as they were our stand out players.

As you can imagine, the room burst out laughing with a chorus of "yes because they're shit!"

He responded by saying, "I can only tell you the truth. What else have you come here for?"

Cue Mr Angry's finest moment.

"We've come here to get you sacked!"

And to an earlier poster, Simpkins cannot be included, because no-one told us he was good.

Jon Boardman is another name in the frame however!

Hey R17 steady on with the Boardman comments!!
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:23 - Mar 13 with 3171 viewsdalestats

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:15 - Mar 13 by nordenblue

Hey R17 steady on with the Boardman comments!!

Boardman is still playing for hungerford town

Poll: Remain in the eu

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:29 - Mar 13 with 3160 views49thseason

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 21:42 - Mar 13 by fitzochris

I don't think Grimes or Probets could boast Premiership experience and Kevin Kyle went on to have a half-decent career after his loan spell with us.

I can only call it as I saw it. They came with premiership clubs on their CVs, I didn't mention experience. How Kyle became half decent is a complete mystery - he headed over when stood on the goal line in his first appearance at Spotland - my granny would have scored. Probets was "recommended" by Steve Bould - clearly offering the young man a second chance - he should have recommended Theatre school or a dressmaking course instead.
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:31 - Mar 13 with 3150 viewsolympicdale

Lee Hodges. Big expectations when he was signed, was such a let down.

Life is a game of fate.

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:38 - Mar 13 with 3121 viewsnordenblue

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:23 - Mar 13 by dalestats

Boardman is still playing for hungerford town

He certainly is
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 22:57 - Mar 13 with 3094 viewsleedsdale

Chris Shuker was always a bit of a let down
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 23:09 - Mar 13 with 3073 viewsdingdangblue

Liam Dickinson
Gary Dicker

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 23:29 - Mar 13 with 3039 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Simon Davies. Presumably Robbie Savage was paying him to be the worst player to emerge from United's FA Youth Cup winning side of 1992.

Lee Hodges was equally shit but more was expected as he had a very decent league pedigree.

Ashley Probets made you wonder how he got anywhere near Arsenal's first team. Although I recall him scoring at Spotland on a Tuesday night (?)
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 05:51 - Mar 14 with 2930 viewsSandyman

And Ian Thompstone, but they can't be included because nobody ever, and I mean ever, said they were good.
They told us he was good, but he was shit really! on 06:15 - Mar 14 with 2910 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Anthony Elding

Did anyone ever say Dave Lancaster was any good?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024