Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Beech 23:16 - Mar 14 with 3158 viewsDaleyBrent

Just something that crossed my mind on Saturday, but does Chris Beech get the credit that he deserves..?
Fair enough, Flicker is a dale legend and always has been, but the club has had more success with Beech at the helm of assistant manager than we did under Flicker - he's manager of BURY now, and still gets more songs sung about him in one game than Beechy has had throughout his incredibly successful tenure.

In addition to this he's also been the man who developed Cannon, Camps, Allen, and a few others - work of a genius.

Really think he deserves a lot more credit than he is due and when Keith does eventually move on (hopefully not to soon) Beech would be my outright first choice.
Chris Beech on 23:18 - Mar 14 with 3146 viewsTVOS1907

I could be wrong, but I thInk some people have misunderstood why there were songs about Flitcroft on Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Beech on 23:21 - Mar 14 with 3135 viewsDaleyBrent

Chris Beech on 23:18 - Mar 14 by TVOS1907

I could be wrong, but I thInk some people have misunderstood why there were songs about Flitcroft on Saturday.

I sang them out if respect for Flicker and everything he did at the club... and to obviously taunt the away fans - I should imagine this was why they were sung...

Just slightly uncomfortable with the fact that Beech doesn't get anywhere close to the same recognition despite the fact that, for me, he's done a better job.
Chris Beech on 23:30 - Mar 14 with 3103 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Beech on 23:18 - Mar 14 by TVOS1907

Exactly. Derby day banter designed to wind up the bury fans and it worked. Flitcrofts the Pantomime villain because he's their manager.

It's a bit of fun, Flickers a big lad he would have expected the odd chant and it was nothing derogatory.
Chris Beech on 23:34 - Mar 14 with 3090 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Beech on 23:30 - Mar 14 by TalkingSutty

Exactly. Derby day banter designed to wind up the bury fans and it worked. Flitcrofts the Pantomime villain because he's their manager.

It's a bit of fun, Flickers a big lad he would have expected the odd chant and it was nothing derogatory.

Glad I wasn't imagining it.

Chris Beech on 23:38 - Mar 14 with 3082 viewsDaleyBrent

Think the actual point of the post is being ignored.Just some genuine recognition of the bloke. Nothing wrong with the chants whatsoever, but it just hit me the lack of recognition he gets for his work.
Chris Beech on 23:49 - Mar 14 with 3054 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Beech on 23:38 - Mar 14 by DaleyBrent

Think the actual point of the post is being ignored.Just some genuine recognition of the bloke. Nothing wrong with the chants whatsoever, but it just hit me the lack of recognition he gets for his work.

Yes, I'd agree with you about Beech, although there aren't many assistants who get recognition anywhere.

I suppose with Flitcroft it's more because him and Hill were always associated as a pair, rather than two separate people, hence 'Hillcroft'.

Chris Beech on 23:58 - Mar 14 with 3036 viewsdownunder

Chris Beech on 23:49 - Mar 14 by TVOS1907

Yes, I'd agree with you about Beech, although there aren't many assistants who get recognition anywhere.

I suppose with Flitcroft it's more because him and Hill were always associated as a pair, rather than two separate people, hence 'Hillcroft'.

Hillbeech does not have the same "ring" to it.

There is a few home games to go. I am sure the "choir" can come up with something praising CB.
Chris Beech on 08:13 - Mar 15 with 2803 viewsdingdangblue

Yes but can Beech do the worm?

[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 8:17]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Beech on 09:11 - Mar 15 with 2715 viewsD_Alien

Possibly influenced by the short but dreary spell as stand-in manager during the Eyre-Coleman interregnum, which is perhaps unfair.

Plus, Flicker was a stand-out player for Dale, not always for the right reasons! But it made him a figure to warm to.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chris Beech on 09:40 - Mar 15 with 2674 viewsaleanddale

Bury in turmoil....

Flicker and Day the clowns of the circus.

a growing vocal band of gigglers voicing concern.

we are 3-0 up and rub there noses in it by singing his name loud and clear.

Part because he is a Dale legend part because of the comedy character he is fast becoming.

You could see their faces and they hated it!! good... that's what it was designed to do.

I honestly cant think of many number twos that get sung about. Beechy is happy where he is and will know we appreciate his endeavours.
Chris Beech on 12:26 - Mar 15 with 2467 views1949er

On the negative side it might be a good time to keep their heads down. is Paul Simpson at Newcastle. Ex Dale legend

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Chris Beech on 12:56 - Mar 15 with 2377 viewsboromat

Agree Beechy doesn't always get the accolades he deserves I think the same can go for a lot of the back room staff. BBM seems to be a positive influence and I'm not sure Donal would be with us if it wasn't for him listening to some past interviews.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chris Beech on 14:11 - Mar 15 with 2288 viewsoddjob007

What would you like to see? A statue of Chris Beech erected in the club car park?

I think you have completely misunderstood the irony of the chants - I don't think they were praising him for the work he did whilst Assistant Manager here.

Yes Beech does a good job, as did Flitcroft, as did Brian Kidd to Alex Ferguson, as did Peter Taylor to Brian Clough, as did Bob Paisley to Bill Shankly (ok he went on to achieve great things) but I don't recall chants praising an assistant manager!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 14:12]
Chris Beech on 15:05 - Mar 15 with 2209 viewsdavidab2202

Not the most glamorous position at any club.When things are going well the manager gets the praise.Invariably when things go wrong the person in that position is "doomed"by association and gets the sack either when the manager goes or as soon as a new manager is appointed
Personally think he has done a good job at Dale and if Keith moves on to better things rather then be sacked by the club feel that Beech should and would be given the chance to be the new man in charge
Chris Beech on 17:04 - Mar 15 with 2087 viewsD_Dale

Chris Beech on 09:11 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

Possibly influenced by the short but dreary spell as stand-in manager during the Eyre-Coleman interregnum, which is perhaps unfair.

Plus, Flicker was a stand-out player for Dale, not always for the right reasons! But it made him a figure to warm to.

I think you put your finger on it: when in December 2011 KH jumped ship to go to Barnsley, Beech was manager for about five weeks, for 6 matches of which 3 were drawn and 3 lost. Coleman was brought in to save Dale's L1 status, but the decline continued.

But what happened over four years ago shouldn't count for much now.
Chris Beech on 17:13 - Mar 15 with 2074 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Beech on 12:26 - Mar 15 by 1949er

On the negative side it might be a good time to keep their heads down. is Paul Simpson at Newcastle. Ex Dale legend

Simpson lost his job at Newcastle when McLaren got the push.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024