Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay on the day Oldham 11:39 - Mar 16 with 7438 viewsnordenblue

Apparently
Pay on the day Oldham on 11:43 - Mar 16 with 5517 viewsdingdangblue

I'm in shock!!

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/update-pay-on-the-day-at-oldham-30

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pay on the day Oldham on 11:50 - Mar 16 with 5497 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay on the day Oldham on 11:43 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

I'm in shock!!

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/update-pay-on-the-day-at-oldham-30

Typical, just travelled from Littleborough and back to pick up a few tickets. Wasted fuel,time and inconvenience and they wonder why fans complain!!
Pay on the day Oldham on 12:15 - Mar 16 with 5423 viewsDomDale

Who'd have thought it... Makes my life easier so can't complain too much.

Given capacity of 3,5k (which we know we don't need). Have they put us back in the Rochdale Rd end? I thought the away end this season was the smallish Chaddy End? I may be turning up for this at the stroke of K.O so want to be in the right stand!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Pay on the day Oldham on 12:15 - Mar 16 with 5420 views_dezzy

Been predicting this for ages. No shocker to me.

KHBA

Pay on the day Oldham on 12:18 - Mar 16 with 5403 viewsdingdangblue

Pay on the day Oldham on 12:15 - Mar 16 by DomDale

Who'd have thought it... Makes my life easier so can't complain too much.

Given capacity of 3,5k (which we know we don't need). Have they put us back in the Rochdale Rd end? I thought the away end this season was the smallish Chaddy End? I may be turning up for this at the stroke of K.O so want to be in the right stand!

No Chaddy end has that capacity.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pay on the day Oldham on 12:53 - Mar 16 with 5301 viewsDomDale

Pay on the day Oldham on 12:18 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

No Chaddy end has that capacity.

Ta. Always thought the chaddy was quite small for some reason , all the "ground guide" type sites only list it as 1600.

Nevermind. Cutting short my weekend away for the game, hope we don't capitulate like last year!!

KHBA

Pay on the day Oldham on 13:03 - Mar 16 with 5270 viewsdingdangblue

Pay on the day Oldham on 12:53 - Mar 16 by DomDale

Ta. Always thought the chaddy was quite small for some reason , all the "ground guide" type sites only list it as 1600.

Nevermind. Cutting short my weekend away for the game, hope we don't capitulate like last year!!

SPORTSDIRECT.COM PARK

All first time visitors to SportsDirect.com Park can download a ‘Getting to SportsDirect.com Park’ information pack from the official club website.

SportsDirect.com Park has a capacity of 12,440 which is broken down into:

3457 in the Zen Office Chaddy End

4609 in the THL Auctioneers Stand (Rochdale Road End)

868 in the George Hill Main Stand Upper

906 in the George Hill Main Stand Lower

2600 in the new North Stand

Pay on the day Oldham on 13:07 - Mar 16 with 5253 viewsMoonyDale

Pay on the day Oldham on 13:03 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

SPORTSDIRECT.COM PARK

All first time visitors to SportsDirect.com Park can download a ‘Getting to SportsDirect.com Park’ information pack from the official club website.

SportsDirect.com Park has a capacity of 12,440 which is broken down into:

3457 in the Zen Office Chaddy End

4609 in the THL Auctioneers Stand (Rochdale Road End)

868 in the George Hill Main Stand Upper

906 in the George Hill Main Stand Lower

2600 in the new North Stand

I also was under the impression it was set at 1600 in the Zen stand, picked my tickets up yesterday. Anyone know how many we have shifted?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Pay on the day Oldham on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 5230 viewsdingdangblue

Pay on the day Oldham on 13:07 - Mar 16 by MoonyDale

I also was under the impression it was set at 1600 in the Zen stand, picked my tickets up yesterday. Anyone know how many we have shifted?

1600 is probably the lower tier.

Pay on the day Oldham on 14:46 - Mar 16 with 5086 viewspioneer

Pay on the day Oldham on 11:50 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Typical, just travelled from Littleborough and back to pick up a few tickets. Wasted fuel,time and inconvenience and they wonder why fans complain!!

To them we are not fans.....just customers.

This nonsense has to stop...whoever is to blame. Surely by bringing the relevant parties together (Club, police, trust) this can avoided for next season.
Pay on the day Oldham on 14:55 - Mar 16 with 5071 viewsdingdangblue

Pay on the day Oldham on 14:46 - Mar 16 by pioneer

To them we are not fans.....just customers.

This nonsense has to stop...whoever is to blame. Surely by bringing the relevant parties together (Club, police, trust) this can avoided for next season.

All they have to say is fans have the option to purchase a ticket - and if they dont sell out you can pay on the day. Simples. Then its upto the individual fan. Also point out that any pre sold ticket means the football club get 5% of the money - again its upto the individual fan again.

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:12 - Mar 16 with 5033 viewsSuddenLad

Pay on the day Oldham on 14:55 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

All they have to say is fans have the option to purchase a ticket - and if they dont sell out you can pay on the day. Simples. Then its upto the individual fan. Also point out that any pre sold ticket means the football club get 5% of the money - again its upto the individual fan again.

Once the decision is made to make the game 'all ticket', either in whole, or in the case of only visiting supporters, it should STAY that way so that everyone knows the situation.

Perhaps those involved in the decision making process could have more consideration for supporters when making the decision, but having made it, everyone should be aware that the decision is final.

Then we all know what we're doing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:18 - Mar 16 with 5008 viewsdingdangblue

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:12 - Mar 16 by SuddenLad

Once the decision is made to make the game 'all ticket', either in whole, or in the case of only visiting supporters, it should STAY that way so that everyone knows the situation.

Perhaps those involved in the decision making process could have more consideration for supporters when making the decision, but having made it, everyone should be aware that the decision is final.

Every game is all ticket! Its just people choose to pay on the day

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:19 - Mar 16 with 5004 views442Dale

What does become annoying is when they attempt to explain such processes, instead of saying "yes, you're right, we'll see what we can do to improve it"

Then when suggestions are made after requests are made, nothing changes.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 15:24]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:20 - Mar 16 with 5000 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay on the day Oldham on 14:55 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

I think fans will just start taking the gamble of it being made pay on the day, if it isn't and you miss the deadline or can't get up to the club to pre purchase your tickets, just stay at home and save your money.

It's a bloody big con if you ask me, what about those fans who have bought tickets over the phone/ on line and been charged the two pounds admin fee?? That money should be returned to the customer. It's happening too often and supporters are suffering a financial hit every time.

Seeing as though Colin Garlick and the Supporters Trust are working hand in hand maybe a compromise could be worked out. Maybe all parties could be a bit more pro- active rather than waiting for supporters to keep flagging up issues and having to participate in e-mail ping pong?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 15:25]
Pay on the day Oldham on 15:24 - Mar 16 with 4985 viewsolympicdale

That works for me. You could see it coming a mile off, its why fans won't buy tickets until the last minute.

Life is a game of fate.

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:27 - Mar 16 with 4971 viewsTalkingSutty

Exactly.
Pay on the day Oldham on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 4960 views442Dale

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:20 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

I think fans will just start taking the gamble of it being made pay on the day, if it isn't and you miss the deadline or can't get up to the club to pre purchase your tickets, just stay at home and save your money.

It's a bloody big con if you ask me, what about those fans who have bought tickets over the phone/ on line and been charged the two pounds admin fee?? That money should be returned to the customer. It's happening too often and supporters are suffering a financial hit every time.

Seeing as though Colin Garlick and the Supporters Trust are working hand in hand maybe a compromise could be worked out. Maybe all parties could be a bit more pro- active rather than waiting for supporters to keep flagging up issues and having to participate in e-mail ping pong?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 15:25]

Unless the tickets incur postal costs, the admin fee needs explaining. Would a supporter be charged £2 for going into a ticket office to buy a ticket? Whichever way it's a member of staff doing their job within their normal hours; why are we paying more, do they get it for answering the phone instead of speaking face to face?

So, can someone explain the admin costs that justify the fee when those tickets are sent to Boundary Park to pick up? Do Oldham then charge us to distribute them?

Edit to follow on from your last paragraph edit, TS: it's all about process. Analyse, establish, analyse, amend. And at all times take on board feedback. I could literally spend hours on this.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 15:36]

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:53 - Mar 16 with 4907 viewsdawlishdale

Bought my ticket a while back.

Not surprised that the all ticket has been dropped, but when I spoke to Colin Garlick about it he was at great pains to explain that this (as ALL similar decisions this season) has been a Police decision imposed on Oldham.

The Police look at the fixture list soon after it's announced before the season starts.

The Police inform clubs that some fixtures must be made all ticket. If clubs don't comply, the Police won't allow the game to take place.

As the games approach, the clubs lobby the Police to try and get the all ticket status changed due to low ticket sales

So far, the Police have eventually seen sense and allowed on the day ticket sales, but their policy creates a "cry wolf" mentality and leads to frustrations for both clubs and supporters alike.

It is simply not the clubs fault...Dale or Oldham. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Police.
Pay on the day Oldham on 16:00 - Mar 16 with 4892 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:31 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

Unless the tickets incur postal costs, the admin fee needs explaining. Would a supporter be charged £2 for going into a ticket office to buy a ticket? Whichever way it's a member of staff doing their job within their normal hours; why are we paying more, do they get it for answering the phone instead of speaking face to face?

So, can someone explain the admin costs that justify the fee when those tickets are sent to Boundary Park to pick up? Do Oldham then charge us to distribute them?

Edit to follow on from your last paragraph edit, TS: it's all about process. Analyse, establish, analyse, amend. And at all times take on board feedback. I could literally spend hours on this.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 15:36]

I don't know what it's about but I am sick of being treated like a cash cow. Its all well and good keep donating money to Supporters Trust initiatives, giving money to charity is something that i don't mind but it's not a one way street.

The Trust are there to represent members regarding issues like this one but I get the impression complaints are given lip service and are often responded to in a wishy washy fashion. Colin Garlicks on the Supporters Trust board which causes a compromise and this is a classic example, he's employed by the Club so will have to act on their behalf, you can't blame him for that by the way.
Pay on the day Oldham on 16:02 - Mar 16 with 4885 viewsnordenblue

Pay on the day Oldham on 15:53 - Mar 16 by dawlishdale

Not surprised that the all ticket has been dropped, but when I spoke to Colin Garlick about it he was at great pains to explain that this (as ALL similar decisions this season) has been a Police decision imposed on Oldham.

The Police look at the fixture list soon after it's announced before the season starts.

The Police inform clubs that some fixtures must be made all ticket. If clubs don't comply, the Police won't allow the game to take place.

As the games approach, the clubs lobby the Police to try and get the all ticket status changed due to low ticket sales

So far, the Police have eventually seen sense and allowed on the day ticket sales, but their policy creates a "cry wolf" mentality and leads to frustrations for both clubs and supporters alike.

It is simply not the clubs fault...Dale or Oldham. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Police.

I'm yet to hear of a game being cancelled at the request of the police,it's all a load of crap.

Ultimately every club pays a shed load of money for policing games not to mention their own security measures,in turn I'd be fairly confident they have a say in the process and decision making leading to these "all ticket" games.

The whole let's make specific games all ticket months and months in advance is bollox too as form,league position,the day/night the games played etc massively influence the attendance for the game and necessity to be all ticket.
Pay on the day Oldham on 16:02 - Mar 16 with 4885 viewsDomDale

I'd blame the feral twunts who decided to go into the home end for our fixture with Oldham tbf.

KHBA

Pay on the day Oldham on 16:02 - Mar 16 with 4884 viewsTalkingSutty

Why not drop the admin charge then, wouldn't that be a good idea?
Pay on the day Oldham on 16:06 - Mar 16 with 4865 views442Dale

Pay on the day Oldham on 16:02 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Why not drop the admin charge then, wouldn't that be a good idea?

Exactly, make the best out of a bad situation. Even tell supporters on each occasion that if the games are no longer all ticket they'll be informed as soon as possible (still advising they get a ticket in advance of course). Communicate and create goodwill.

And apologise when things change like today, even if it's something that's out of your control.

Pay on the day Oldham on 16:12 - Mar 16 with 4843 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay on the day Oldham on 16:06 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

Exactly, make the best out of a bad situation. Even tell supporters on each occasion that if the games are no longer all ticket they'll be informed as soon as possible (still advising they get a ticket in advance of course). Communicate and create goodwill.

And apologise when things change like today, even if it's something that's out of your control.

Fans being treated like idiots again. I don't blame Colin Garlick by the way, there just seems an acceptance throughout football that fans will just put up and shut up.I don't even think they bat an eyelid.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 16:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024