Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Brown 18:08 - Mar 25 with 4737 views1907

Sad, sad, bitter man. After his pathetic attempts at berating the referee when his players were diving left, right and centre, his opening line in his post match interview; "We managed to get the first goal that silenced the home crowd, whatever crowd there was here." Thanks for the four points helmet and we'll see you next season!
Phil Brown on 18:16 - Mar 25 with 4652 viewshowy10

That man is pathetic. Can't wait for next season when we play Bolton and beat the saddo again! (Providing we don't go up of course!)
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 18:17]
Phil Brown on 18:24 - Mar 25 with 4560 viewsBigKindo

He sounded like a barking seal on heat.
Phil Brown on 18:26 - Mar 25 with 4531 viewsTVOS1907

Bit ironic from someone who played the majority of his career for Hartlepool and Halifax!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Phil Brown on 18:27 - Mar 25 with 4517 viewsrobtheb

Brown and his assistant stood dormant for most of the 2nd half. Very little instruction from either of them. Bit stuck as to what to suggest to their players.... I think.
Poor performance from them and difficult to pick a star player.

We were dominant throughout...............well done to all.
Phil Brown on 18:31 - Mar 25 with 4455 viewsD_Alien

Phil Brown on 18:27 - Mar 25 by robtheb

Brown and his assistant stood dormant for most of the 2nd half. Very little instruction from either of them. Bit stuck as to what to suggest to their players.... I think.

I wouldn't say we were dominant throughout at all. Thought Brown (for all his faults) has put together a pretty good side who we can take even greater credit in beating convincingly.

There were times in the first half we were chasing shadows.

Not sure why we have to downplay the opposition when we've performed magnificently, it detracts from our performance.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 18:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Phil Brown on 18:49 - Mar 25 with 4311 viewsR17ALE

Phil Brown on 18:27 - Mar 25 by robtheb

I thought their No. 10 was an outstanding player. An irritating little shit, but a good player nonetheless.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 18:50]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Phil Brown on 18:56 - Mar 25 with 4239 viewsHealeyDale

Phil Brown on 18:49 - Mar 25 by R17ALE

I thought their No. 10 was an outstanding player. An irritating little shit, but a good player nonetheless.

Same here, I thought he stood out for them
Phil Brown on 19:02 - Mar 25 with 4160 viewsdingdangblue

Phil Brown on 18:49 - Mar 25 by R17ALE

Payne! Quite literally!
Was joking that Brown might want to go in the away stand in the 1st half as he was stood in a big shadow!

#tangoman

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Brown on 19:05 - Mar 25 with 4120 viewsdalenumber2

Phil Brown on 19:02 - Mar 25 by dingdangblue

Payne! Quite literally!
Was joking that Brown might want to go in the away stand in the 1st half as he was stood in a big shadow!

#tangoman

I believe Southend fans aren't happy with Brown either - he has apparently thrown the towel in and said their promotion hopes are now over.....
Phil Brown on 19:06 - Mar 25 with 4101 viewsYadHoDale

Agreed re Jack Payne (10). Thought he was.excelent throughout.

Thought Adam Barrett (26) did ok, too.. Which considering he played for Brizsle Rovers at.Spotlans before we signed Holty the first time is showing remarkable longevity. (Think he equalized in the 2,-2 draw when McCourt and Townson were the Dale.scorers.)
Phil Brown on 19:48 - Mar 25 with 3829 viewsDaley_Lama

Southend were fine until they decided to settle for 1-0.

Quick, decent passing side turned immediately into a time wasting walking paced side. That's Brown all over.

Once we got on top, they couldn't up it quite enough but at 2-1 they were back pressing us. The 3rd killed the game.

Wordsworth was my own personal irritant.

Poll: DF in or out

Phil Brown on 19:51 - Mar 25 with 3799 viewsrobtheb

Phil Brown on 18:31 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

I wouldn't say we were dominant throughout at all. Thought Brown (for all his faults) has put together a pretty good side who we can take even greater credit in beating convincingly.

Not sure why we have to downplay the opposition when we've performed magnificently, it detracts from our performance.

Brown did put together a decent side but we were better than them.
At no point throughout the game did I think they were better than us.

I'm not downplaying them DA just giving praise when praise is due.
Phil Brown on 19:55 - Mar 25 with 3747 viewsnordenblue

Phil Brown on 18:26 - Mar 25 by TVOS1907

Bit ironic from someone who played the majority of his career for Hartlepool and Halifax!

Maybe he should resort back to giving his half time team talk in the centre circle,that worked a treat.
Phil Brown on 19:56 - Mar 25 with 3742 viewsroccydaleian

Phil Brown on 19:48 - Mar 25 by Daley_Lama

Quick, decent passing side turned immediately into a time wasting walking paced side. That's Brown all over.

Once we got on top, they couldn't up it quite enough but at 2-1 they were back pressing us. The 3rd killed the game.

He wandered lonely as a cloud.
Phil Brown on 19:59 - Mar 25 with 3695 viewsD_Alien

Phil Brown on 19:51 - Mar 25 by robtheb

Brown did put together a decent side but we were better than them.
At no point throughout the game did I think they were better than us.

I'm not downplaying them DA just giving praise when praise is due.

"..Poor performance from them.."

I can only reply to what's been posted.

I wasn't being critical of you in particular, just the overall tendency for teams who leave Spotland soundly beaten to be rated as "poor". Southend were quite good.

[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 20:03]

Phil Brown on 20:02 - Mar 25 with 3658 viewsTalkingSutty

Phil Brown on 19:48 - Mar 25 by Daley_Lama

You can see why Southend are doing ok this season, if you let them play they will, but we didn't. Match them for energy, close them down and bingo. Good performance again, starting from the defenders right through the team. Hard to pick a man of the match but mine would have been one of the defenders and any one of the four would have done.

Jamie played well and Donal was all action but it didn't quite come off for him today, did he overplay for their first goal? Holty was very good and oozed experience and NML looks like he's playing himself into a new contract. A word for Rose, Hilly must be chuffed to bits with his contribution during our upturn in fortunes, his delivery for Holts goal was class and a game changer.
Phil Brown on 20:04 - Mar 25 with 3620 viewsrobtheb

Phil Brown on 19:59 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

"..Poor performance from them.."

I can only reply to what's been posted.

I wasn't being critical of you in particular, just the overall tendency for teams who leave Spotland soundly beaten to be rated as "poor". Southend were quite good.

[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 20:03]

Point taken.
Phil Brown on 20:05 - Mar 25 with 3616 viewsrochdaleriddler

Phil Brown on 18:31 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Bloody hell I agree with you, I saw him in players lounge after game he seemed OK as I said 'alright phil' he's v brown

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Phil Brown on 20:07 - Mar 25 with 3600 viewsD_Alien

Phil Brown on 20:02 - Mar 25 by TalkingSutty

You can see why Southend are doing ok this season, if you let them play they will, but we didn't. Match them for energy, close them down and bingo. Good performance again, starting from the defenders right through the team. Hard to pick a man of the match but mine would have been one of the defenders and any one of the four would have done.

Jamie played well and Donal was all action but it didn't quite come off for him today, did he overplay for their first goal? Holty was very good and oozed experience and NML looks like he's playing himself into a new contract. A word for Rose, Hilly must be chuffed to bits with his contribution during our upturn in fortunes, his delivery for Holts goal was class and a game changer.

It was a great delivery into the box, after he'd had a sighter two minutes earlier with the free kick that sailed high into the Pearl St

Agree about Rose though, he's part of the solidity at the base of midfield which is contributing to our run of form.

Phil Brown on 20:14 - Mar 25 with 3543 viewsTalkingSutty

Phil Brown on 20:07 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

It was a great delivery into the box, after he'd had a sighter two minutes earlier with the free kick that sailed high into the Pearl St

Agree about Rose though, he's part of the solidity at the base of midfield which is contributing to our run of form.

Yes, chalk and cheese.
Phil Brown on 20:15 - Mar 25 with 3517 viewsD_Alien

Phil Brown on 20:05 - Mar 25 by rochdaleriddler

Bloody hell I agree with you, I saw him in players lounge after game he seemed OK as I said 'alright phil' he's v brown

Browned off!

There's nothing we've actually disagreed on in any recent thread, it's all about a difference of emphasis, i.e. what's more important

I don't even disagree with you calling me arrogant, I can live with that - I have to!

Phil Brown on 20:23 - Mar 25 with 3459 viewsroccydaleian

Phil Brown on 20:15 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Browned off!

There's nothing we've actually disagreed on in any recent thread, it's all about a difference of emphasis, i.e. what's more important

I don't even disagree with you calling me arrogant, I can live with that - I have to!

It's a good job you didn't see what he posted last night that got deleted.
Phil Brown on 20:27 - Mar 25 with 3422 viewsD_Alien

Phil Brown on 20:23 - Mar 25 by roccydaleian

It's a good job you didn't see what he posted last night that got deleted.

Or maybe it's a good job for him I didn't see it?

tbh I've been too busy living and missed out on the pleasure of it. But as far as I'm concerned, it remains "c'est la vie"

Phil Brown on 20:52 - Mar 25 with 3287 viewsTalkingSutty

Phil Brown on 20:27 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Or maybe it's a good job for him I didn't see it?

tbh I've been too busy living and missed out on the pleasure of it. But as far as I'm concerned, it remains "c'est la vie"

The forum gets daft at times and I think most of us have posted things that with hindsight we regret. Its important to remember that a lot of people who post are Dale mad and just attending the games from week to week isn't enough, i include myself in that. I used to make do with buying the Pink Final from Ken in the town centre,so obviously forums and the Internet are a god send.

The amount of time we peruse the forum indicates most of us must be crackers, it's not normal. Abusing fellow posters is poor form and unwarranted.
Phil Brown on 20:56 - Mar 25 with 3250 views442Dale

Phil Brown on 20:52 - Mar 25 by TalkingSutty

The forum gets daft at times and I think most of us have posted things that with hindsight we regret. Its important to remember that a lot of people who post are Dale mad and just attending the games from week to week isn't enough, i include myself in that. I used to make do with buying the Pink Final from Ken in the town centre,so obviously forums and the Internet are a god send.

The amount of time we peruse the forum indicates most of us must be crackers, it's not normal. Abusing fellow posters is poor form and unwarranted.

Sod off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024