Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Us and them 15:39 - Apr 6 with 2481 viewsArthurDaley

I see Cheikhou Kouyates red card has ben rescinded for his sending off against Crystal Palace. To me it looked a straight red card. But there again what do I know. It was far worse than Ian Henderson's wrap around the legs tackle, It is the second red card this season he has had rescinded , and West Hams third . The Hammers must have a bloody good lawyer.

A large VAT Dave

Us and them on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 2456 viewsSuddenLad

Also, the Matt Derbyshire red card for Rotherham was overturned as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Us and them on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 2455 views442Dale

Henderson's wasn't for a tackle, it was retaliation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Us and them on 15:53 - Apr 6 with 2434 viewsArthurDaley

Us and them on 15:45 - Apr 6 by 442Dale

Henderson's wasn't for a tackle, it was retaliation.

I will rephrase it, Hendersons wrap around the legs retaliation which was no where near as bad as Kouyates assault on the Crystal Palace player.

A large VAT Dave

Us and them on 16:04 - Apr 6 with 2394 viewsdingdangblue

And Suarez got away with an off the ball kick and slapping someone around the face last night! Life's just not fair.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Us and them on 16:16 - Apr 6 with 2356 viewsdawlishdale

The more I look at it, the more I feel Henderson was very hard done by.
From behind the goal, it certainly looked like Hendo kicked out at Pearce. Only when you see the TV footage can you clearly see what really happened. Henderson was fouled, but instead of rolling around like a Darren Ferguson player, he foolishly grabbed hold of Pearce's leg with his two feet. Pearce then dragged Henderson's feet around and fell over, before getting up and running away sharpish.
The reactions of Wigan's players are key here...not one of them appealed for Hendo to be sent off.
Two yellows at best.
Us and them on 17:48 - Apr 6 with 2212 viewsTVOS1907

Morecambe had a red card overturned last week, so maybe they are bigger than West Ham.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Us and them on 17:59 - Apr 6 with 2192 viewsD_Alien

Us and them on 17:48 - Apr 6 by TVOS1907

Morecambe had a red card overturned last week, so maybe they are bigger than West Ham.

Their football folk must be more knowledgeable than ours.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Us and them on 22:35 - Apr 6 with 1927 viewsmacro

Us and them on 15:53 - Apr 6 by ArthurDaley

I will rephrase it, Hendersons wrap around the legs retaliation which was no where near as bad as Kouyates assault on the Crystal Palace player.

Rubbish
Login to get fewer ads

Us and them on 04:23 - Apr 7 with 1828 viewsTalkingSutty

Without the appeal Hendersons red card could have been put down as a misinterpretation by the officials in some people's mind. Now that it's been appealed (double checked) and the red card still upheld there comes a stage when you have to realise the referree was obviously right to send Henderson off. Appealing it has further confirmed the decision.

The actions of any Wigan player are completely irrelevant when it comes to the issuing of the red, Henderson was judged on his reaction. So basically the Club paid to confirm that the referee was right, a double whammy!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024