Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 49752 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 17887 viewsdingdangblue

Free season ticket for Under 11's - BUT WITH ADMIN FEE OF £10!!!!!!!
I know its not much but that is stupid!!
No admin fee's for other season tickets?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 17885 viewswindowsbug

Underwhelmed to say the least...
Season tickets on 09:19 - Apr 18 with 17870 viewsdingdangblue

With no early bird offers the prices have actually gone up. Poor that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season tickets on 09:24 - Apr 18 with 17843 viewsDaleFan7

I paid £277.50 for my season ticket last season so the prices have gone up for people who normally renew early. I don't use most of the vouchers anyway it was always the lure of the lower price to pay early. Poor from the club and no incentive whatsoever to renew. Next season can be a pick and choose which game one I think.
Season tickets on 09:29 - Apr 18 with 17807 viewsmeeee

I was hoping there was going to be some sort of offer for students and people doing apprentiships. Maybe I'm biased since I'm a student but looks like I will be picking and choosing games then
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:29]
Season tickets on 09:30 - Apr 18 with 17794 viewsDale_Mike

Season tickets on 09:19 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

With no early bird offers the prices have actually gone up. Poor that.

Yes, disappointing. I thought I was missing something for a second after reading the 'no price increase' and then getting all confused (doesn’t take much) after seeing how much my seat will cost me next season.

Can’t say for sure but I expect the majority of people will now actually be paying more for their equivalent ticket next season.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:36]
Season tickets on 09:33 - Apr 18 with 17775 viewsSuddenLad

Season tickets on 09:16 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Free season ticket for Under 11's - BUT WITH ADMIN FEE OF £10!!!!!!!
I know its not much but that is stupid!!
No admin fee's for other season tickets?

That's simply ridiculous.

It would far more 'honest' if they simply announced the price as £10 instead of wrapping it up as a 'fee'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season tickets on 09:33 - Apr 18 with 17764 viewsFred_Talbot

Doubt if I'll renew now. The club don't listen anymore. Bollocks to them

Where's Fred?

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 09:35 - Apr 18 with 17754 viewsDaleiLama

It really seems like the club just accepts whatever gate is prepared to turn up on any given match day and is more focussed on the corporate stuff as income generation. The strategy of encouraging fans loyalty early is a great one which may or may not reap dividends in 5-10 years, but what about now?!?

#missedanopengoal
#lackingimagination
#£10adminfeeiscostofticket
#tellithowitis

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 09:37 - Apr 18 with 17737 viewsaleanddale

There are some positives!!

But first up no early bird... A big disapointment and a trick missed IMHO.

Not to bothered by the £10 admin charge for the Free ticket - there are associated costs that need to be covered.

All children of a primary school age can have a free season ticket. That has to be applauded.

All under 16 so school children can watch 23 home games for £89.00. That's £3.86 a game.

Young people under 21 can either stand up for 23 games at £222.00 that's less than a tenner a match.

Or sit in pearl street for £259.00 ( £11.26 )

All in all fantastic for kids or fans with kids....

Throw the early bird in and it would have looked pretty good. Shame this hits the 22-64 age bracket quite hard.

Arrggggggghhhh so frustrating...... Close but no cigar from the club.
Season tickets on 09:40 - Apr 18 with 17709 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 09:33 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

That's simply ridiculous.

It would far more 'honest' if they simply announced the price as £10 instead of wrapping it up as a 'fee'.

Yes VERY VERY poor in my opinion. Just say £10 season tickets for all under 11's. Saying its FREE then charging £10 admin is quite frankly PATHETIC.

Season tickets on 09:40 - Apr 18 with 17701 viewsonedalefan

Almost half of season ticket holders are over 50 so we won't offer them any discounts or deals except some promotional vouchers that most won't use! As someone says, even no early payment discount. If everyone waits until the day before the first match before deciding whether to actually renew, no real impact on the individuals finances but makes a very big hole in the clubs on the run up to the new season and could effect the money available to attract new players.
Season tickets on 09:42 - Apr 18 with 17692 viewsSandyman

With promotional voucher / Early Bird discounts, my season ticket in The Sandy cost £252.50 last year. The letter to current ticket holders says "As always, in recognition and reward for your Season Ticket Holder loyalty, we will be running the Special Promotion Period from Monday 25 April — Saturday 04 June." Is there still an incentive discount beyond last years promotional voucher for renewing during that period as well as the extra vouchers? The letter doesn't say. With promotional voucher / Early Bird discounts, my season ticket in The Sandy cost £252.50 last year. This year it will be , with voucher, £289.50 and possibly £264.50 IF the "special promotional period" gives a further price discount? I may be wrong but the numbers don't add up. A little disingenuous to say "no price increase" whilst increasing a season ticket price from £277.50 to £314.50.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:01]
Season tickets on 09:53 - Apr 18 with 17632 views100notout

Season tickets on 09:42 - Apr 18 by Sandyman

With promotional voucher / Early Bird discounts, my season ticket in The Sandy cost £252.50 last year. The letter to current ticket holders says "As always, in recognition and reward for your Season Ticket Holder loyalty, we will be running the Special Promotion Period from Monday 25 April — Saturday 04 June." Is there still an incentive discount beyond last years promotional voucher for renewing during that period as well as the extra vouchers? The letter doesn't say. With promotional voucher / Early Bird discounts, my season ticket in The Sandy cost £252.50 last year. This year it will be , with voucher, £289.50 and possibly £264.50 IF the "special promotional period" gives a further price discount? I may be wrong but the numbers don't add up. A little disingenuous to say "no price increase" whilst increasing a season ticket price from £277.50 to £314.50.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:01]

Am I missing something here?

Season ticket last year for the Sandy Lane cost £277.50 less £25 SPP so net cost £252.50
This years season ticket costs £314.50 less £25 = £289.50

How does that equate to "there will be no price increase for season tickets next season"

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season tickets on 09:53 - Apr 18 with 17631 viewsaleanddale

Get this announcement spot on and it creates excitement and good will!!

Especially as the team are firing and going great guns!!!!

Get it wrong however!!!

Just how can the club miss such a trick????

Fantastic the board are addressing the younger fan base issue but the vast majority will be non plussed by this announcement today.

A real frustration only getting this half right!!!!!
Season tickets on 09:53 - Apr 18 with 17626 viewsdawlishdale

Rubbish from the club. I wasn't expecting huge reductions, but this will do NOTHING whatsoever to tempt the adults of the area to watch us.

Not clear whether there is an early bird period or not. If there isn't then my season ticket has gone up by over 10%

No price increases my arse. Do they think we're thick???
Season tickets on 10:06 - Apr 18 with 17536 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 09:53 - Apr 18 by dawlishdale

Rubbish from the club. I wasn't expecting huge reductions, but this will do NOTHING whatsoever to tempt the adults of the area to watch us.

Not clear whether there is an early bird period or not. If there isn't then my season ticket has gone up by over 10%

No price increases my arse. Do they think we're thick???

I've come to the conclusion that it's not that they think we're thick. They just don't care that much about what we think at all.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 10:13 - Apr 18 with 17481 viewsbatfink

Not impressed, got my first season ticket for many years last season for £277.50, now even using my voucher from that season ticket I'm going to have to pay £289.50, in what world is that not a price increase?
Seeing as I miss the odd game due to other commitments and really only saved a few quid I see no incentive to renew. Very poor, huge opportunity missed dale.
Season tickets on 10:14 - Apr 18 with 17476 viewsR17ALE

I think it's ok for existing holders to renew and still offers good value, if you can get to every game.

This season has cost me £10.98 per match (underpriced), whereas next season it will be £12.58 (still good value).

But the sales pitch isn't the best and it's hard to disagree with comments above from others.

I'll renew. I always do. But, whether new season ticket holders will be attracted by this is doubtful, and that is possibly where we could have done things better.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:15]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season tickets on 10:15 - Apr 18 with 17463 viewsfermin

Season tickets on 09:53 - Apr 18 by 100notout

Am I missing something here?

Season ticket last year for the Sandy Lane cost £277.50 less £25 SPP so net cost £252.50
This years season ticket costs £314.50 less £25 = £289.50

How does that equate to "there will be no price increase for season tickets next season"

I was trying to find out the prices for last season, but all I could find was this:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/documents/rafc-season-ticket-app-form-2015-16-speci

Did the prices go up after the special purchase period to the ones quoted for this year?

My season ticket in the Pearl Street has gone up by £37 comparing the two. My circumstances mean that I will renew anyway (I lose on the season ticket these days anyway). The only incentive for me now in renewing earlier is the £25 off voucher for the following season. The other ones are of little interest to me, especially given the restrictions on the bring a friend vouchers (which in any case are a saving to the friend not me).

However, I am disappointed at the lack of creativity shown to encourage higher attendance. If they were really serious about improving the numbers of young season ticket holders I would have thought reducing the under 21 prices to the under 16 one would have been a good idea. None of the ideas floated around on this board recently have happened as far as I can remember.
Season tickets on 10:21 - Apr 18 with 17427 views100notout

Did the prices go up after the special purchase period to the ones quoted for this year?

No they didn't - after the SPP you were unable to get the £25 discount so had to pay the full price.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season tickets on 10:26 - Apr 18 with 17396 views14bowlers

My senior season ticket in the main stand this year was £244 after a discount of £15.
Next year my season ticket will cost£281 after £15 discount.
I am sure I have read there will be no price increase next year.
Why do they publish such utter nonsense !!!. We are not stupid.
Season tickets on 10:32 - Apr 18 with 17365 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 10:15 - Apr 18 by fermin

I was trying to find out the prices for last season, but all I could find was this:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/documents/rafc-season-ticket-app-form-2015-16-speci

My season ticket in the Pearl Street has gone up by £37 comparing the two. My circumstances mean that I will renew anyway (I lose on the season ticket these days anyway). The only incentive for me now in renewing earlier is the £25 off voucher for the following season. The other ones are of little interest to me, especially given the restrictions on the bring a friend vouchers (which in any case are a saving to the friend not me).

However, I am disappointed at the lack of creativity shown to encourage higher attendance. If they were really serious about improving the numbers of young season ticket holders I would have thought reducing the under 21 prices to the under 16 one would have been a good idea. None of the ideas floated around on this board recently have happened as far as I can remember.

Yes it cost me £333 this season - then it increased to £370 after the early bird. I also got 2 free under 7's tickets (strangely no Admin fee last season).
So next season it will be £370 +£10+£10 = £390
I've got my £25 off voucher so it will be £365 - my no increase in prices will actually be £32 more than this season.
It works out at £16 per game if you go to all 23 home league games instead of £20 on the day - bearing in mind I have missed a couple of home games it doesn't really make sense paying upfront for me.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:33]

Season tickets on 10:36 - Apr 18 with 17319 viewsSuddenLad

Season tickets on 10:06 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

I've come to the conclusion that it's not that they think we're thick. They just don't care that much about what we think at all.

They either think:

(a) We're thick and will simply accept what they say.

(b) We can't add up

(c) We are all blindly loyal and will simply 'cough up'

(d) Money is no object for any of us.

One way or another, they have shot themselves in the foot (again) and missed a golden opportunity to offer some genuine incentives on the back of yet another great season.

All kids under 7 should be free for starters.

Millions of women currently draw their state pension at 60 - not 65 - so they are being discriminated against with the current 'OAP at 65' policy.

WHy do we keep having to point out the bleedin' obvious, only to be continually ignored ? They have 12 months to re-assess the season ticket situation year-on-year. Does the actual meeting to decide policy take longer than 10 minutes ?

They can't seriously suggest that this is the best they could come up with. THere are some disappoited supporters out there today on the eve of a crucial game.

Unbelievable Jeff

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season tickets on 10:37 - Apr 18 with 17316 viewslurker

Season tickets on 10:32 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Yes it cost me £333 this season - then it increased to £370 after the early bird. I also got 2 free under 7's tickets (strangely no Admin fee last season).
So next season it will be £370 +£10+£10 = £390
I've got my £25 off voucher so it will be £365 - my no increase in prices will actually be £32 more than this season.
It works out at £16 per game if you go to all 23 home league games instead of £20 on the day - bearing in mind I have missed a couple of home games it doesn't really make sense paying upfront for me.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:33]

I'm in a similar position.

Will either be switching to the Sandy to save on cost or not renewing at all. Given the upfront cost and no facility to pay off in stages, not renewing is winning at this moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024