Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket packages 13:19 - May 31 with 3203 viewspioneer

This is what I call marketing - I hope the link works - minor league baseball team in Buffalo NY.

They play 140 games a season (70 at home), 7 days a week from April to September.

http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20111006&content_id=25528274&sid=t422&v

Puts us to shame - its not rocket science
Ticket packages on 14:48 - May 31 with 3113 viewsBigKindo

Baseball is not the same as the Football League there being no promotion or relegation. There is a structure starting at the top with an MLB team followed by their AAA team, AA team Advanced A team etc. As an example Tampa Bay Rays AAA team is Durham (N.C.) Bulls, AA team Montgomery (Al.) Biscuits, Advanced A team (Port) Charlotte (Fl.) Stone Crabs etc. Players can move up and down the spiral when suffering from a loss of form, rehab after an injury etc. The MLB sides put serious money into the running of their Affiliates System. In other words ticket prices can be subsidised. The Buffalo Bisons are the AAA affiliate of Toronto Blue Jays and no doubt receive interesting amounts of subsidy. Baseball is not played 7 days/week by the MLB teams. Because of the distances travelled and time zones involved there have to be days off for travelling.
Ticket packages on 15:50 - May 31 with 3035 viewspioneer

Ticket packages on 14:48 - May 31 by BigKindo

Baseball is not the same as the Football League there being no promotion or relegation. There is a structure starting at the top with an MLB team followed by their AAA team, AA team Advanced A team etc. As an example Tampa Bay Rays AAA team is Durham (N.C.) Bulls, AA team Montgomery (Al.) Biscuits, Advanced A team (Port) Charlotte (Fl.) Stone Crabs etc. Players can move up and down the spiral when suffering from a loss of form, rehab after an injury etc. The MLB sides put serious money into the running of their Affiliates System. In other words ticket prices can be subsidised. The Buffalo Bisons are the AAA affiliate of Toronto Blue Jays and no doubt receive interesting amounts of subsidy. Baseball is not played 7 days/week by the MLB teams. Because of the distances travelled and time zones involved there have to be days off for travelling.

They are independent entities with affiliations that involve some major league players being placed in the 'farm' teams but that is the limit of the 'subsidy'. Player contracts limit the number of times they can be moved 'down' to the farm team without them being able to elect to be free agents. If the farm teams dont 'pay their way' the major league teams look to change affiliations and that happens often. Most long distance travel is accommodated by playing games in the afternoon where the next game is in another time zone.

In May the Toronto blue jays only played 29 games - that is an average of 6.55 games per week. However Buffalo will have played 30 games in May an average of 6.78 games per week. But you are right, they dont play 7 days a week, they have a day off every two to three weeks.

As long as we look for excuses instead of solutions we will always have the lowest attendance in the division.

Now remind me about our marketing plan - make season tickets more expensive than last season and more expensive than our competitors and pay on the day for individual games if you choose not to buy a season ticket. Brilliant.
Ticket packages on 13:29 - Jun 2 with 2753 viewswatford_dale

Ticket packages on 15:50 - May 31 by pioneer

They are independent entities with affiliations that involve some major league players being placed in the 'farm' teams but that is the limit of the 'subsidy'. Player contracts limit the number of times they can be moved 'down' to the farm team without them being able to elect to be free agents. If the farm teams dont 'pay their way' the major league teams look to change affiliations and that happens often. Most long distance travel is accommodated by playing games in the afternoon where the next game is in another time zone.

In May the Toronto blue jays only played 29 games - that is an average of 6.55 games per week. However Buffalo will have played 30 games in May an average of 6.78 games per week. But you are right, they dont play 7 days a week, they have a day off every two to three weeks.

As long as we look for excuses instead of solutions we will always have the lowest attendance in the division.

Now remind me about our marketing plan - make season tickets more expensive than last season and more expensive than our competitors and pay on the day for individual games if you choose not to buy a season ticket. Brilliant.

What fans usually do in the Major's is to buy 30 game season tickets with the aim of seeing a different team each visit schedule allowing. Plus the cost, you can get into most major league stadiums for $26, which is £18.50 and somewhere in between the sandy and the pearl stands. I will be ticking off SF, Seattle, Colorado and Minnesota this summer. In comparison to other US sports baseball is by far the better value for money:

NFL, NHL and NBA re all over $100 for the game.

Dale will not solve their ticketing pricing overnight, it needs a perfect storm of increased affluence amongst the town's population. You can have Dale playing like the 1970 Brazil world cup winning side but you would not break 5,000 at the gates. No amount of entertainment/great football, 5-4 thrillers will entice people if they haven't got the money. Or you plan for it and set all your business plans/models to providing subsidised entrance prices. I think football league has, I recent years, been pricing itself on the back of prem league prices.

Still good value for money at the Dale though.
Ticket packages on 18:05 - Jun 2 with 2618 viewspioneer

Ticket packages on 13:29 - Jun 2 by watford_dale

What fans usually do in the Major's is to buy 30 game season tickets with the aim of seeing a different team each visit schedule allowing. Plus the cost, you can get into most major league stadiums for $26, which is £18.50 and somewhere in between the sandy and the pearl stands. I will be ticking off SF, Seattle, Colorado and Minnesota this summer. In comparison to other US sports baseball is by far the better value for money:

NFL, NHL and NBA re all over $100 for the game.

Dale will not solve their ticketing pricing overnight, it needs a perfect storm of increased affluence amongst the town's population. You can have Dale playing like the 1970 Brazil world cup winning side but you would not break 5,000 at the gates. No amount of entertainment/great football, 5-4 thrillers will entice people if they haven't got the money. Or you plan for it and set all your business plans/models to providing subsidised entrance prices. I think football league has, I recent years, been pricing itself on the back of prem league prices.

Still good value for money at the Dale though.

Sorry but that is nonsense. Just bought my ticket for Cleveland Browns, $50. Pay the same roughly when I have been to Detroit Lions and a bit more Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, New Orleans Saints. NBA and NHL the same. Get in both for between $30 and $40. Some teams have higher prices (just like in football) but they tend to be the in the mega markets New York, LA.

Now if you want the best seats in the house you will pay $100 and (much) more. But the teams know that to sell out the large stadiums they have to keep prices down. It seems like some English football teams are starting to realise that in the way they price and market their season tickets. It might reach Spotland one day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024