Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Faces. 06:55 - Jun 8 with 6070 viewsTalkingSutty

I think Hillys timed this clear out to perfection, the squads been together for a few years now and definitely needed freshening up. Players who have been promising to cement a place in the team but have failed to do so have been dispatched and the youngsters who failed to step up to the next level have been moved on. In my mind Easthams the only real loss.

The manager and coaches must get a little subconsciously stale of working with the same batch of players over a two or three year period, preaching the same messages week in week out. The fact Hilly will now be bringing in probably 5 or 6 new faces will rejuvenate the place and put a extra spark into training and the dressing room, if he gets lucky and they can complement the talent we already have at the Club then who knows what can happen. If we can get 2 or 3 quality players in the right positions ( not easy) i really think with the talent we already have at the Club we could do a Burton. We're not far off being a very good league one side.

I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces next season, I think it also gives the fans a big lift and freshens everything up. With the Tenefire trip less than a month away I hope he can get most of the players in place and over to the Training base, get that team bonding kick started at the earliest opportunity. Our fringe players didn't really do enough to pressurise the regular starters last season and didn't appear to be hurt by sitting on the sidelines (comfort zone),i think Hilly will be looking to change that if he can. Competition for places is always good.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 7:14]
New Faces. on 09:41 - Jun 8 with 5869 viewsSIRKEITH

Agreed, I think the main area would be a quality striker with pace.
We never replaced Scott Hogan, and it could be argued that we "got lucky" with Matty Done scoring so many as a make shift striker.

Hendo is not really a number 9 who plays on the shoulder, and as much as Calvin has improved, we wont do anything better with him as the main focal point.

I know we have pace in the wider areas with NML and Donal but the chances Done and Hogan got just from there pace alone.

I think we need to be looking at more quality through the spine of the team.

Another quality central Defender, midfield and striker, would make us a real force should we get lucky with injuries. We have been carrying big squads of late which is unlike dale.

I've never been a fan of Lancashire and Eastham. Although Eastham improved a bit, I think its a positive that Hill has been forced into improving the defense.
Hill likes his central defenders to be comfortable on the ball. When Lancashire or Eastham had the ball, it was almost an accident waiting to happen.

Not sure how likely it would be to ever happening but would Chris O'Grady consider a return?

Not getting anywhere at Brighton and didn't get in the forest team towards the end of the season. Not the pace we need but offers such an outlet with his strength.

I think we are in for an interesting summer with players coming in.

Lets hope the majority of the ones coming in add quality to what we already have.

Its been a while since we lost anyone, do we think we will manage to keep all our assets?

Allen, Lund, Donal, Cannon, etc, Surely only a matter of time before someone comes in for one of them?

August 6th can't come quickly enough
New Faces. on 09:46 - Jun 8 with 5851 viewskirbys

Spot on with the summary.
One point worth adding is that we tend to be lagging behind the pack when trying to attract the players we need for reasons we all are aware. It is often left to Hilly to find the players not fixed up at the end of June/July and they don't always have the opportunity to bond for long. It's just a fact of life and all credit to our backroom staff for making the most of it and getting on with the job.
New Faces. on 10:09 - Jun 8 with 5803 viewsParkinsGimp

I Agree with all the above statements, hopefully a couple of quality signings will be the boost that we need. We must continue to improve ( every other club will be striving to improve on last season) and not fall back into a comfort zone for having acheived a very good position last season.
New Faces. on 12:49 - Jun 8 with 5522 viewsboromat

Agree with everything being said. think we'll probably go for two right sided central defenders now. Canavan as main left sided CB with Jim as cover and either Jim or Scott at LB. Then Raff or Cannon at right back. Right sided CB we don't really have anyone at the moment never mind cover maybe Matty Lund at a push and Raff could do a job there.

I think we'll also see a utility man come in as well someone who can play a few positions Rose and Bennett comes to mind here.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces and it might be the first time in a couple of seasons that we see a few trialists in preseason.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New Faces. on 13:19 - Jun 8 with 5439 viewsnordenblue

New Faces. on 10:09 - Jun 8 by ParkinsGimp

I Agree with all the above statements, hopefully a couple of quality signings will be the boost that we need. We must continue to improve ( every other club will be striving to improve on last season) and not fall back into a comfort zone for having acheived a very good position last season.

"Having achieved a very good position last year" with a team full of players not good enough for this league according to you?
New Faeces. on 14:30 - Jun 8 with 5285 viewsD_Alien

Hilly timing his clearout to perfection:

[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 14:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Faeces. on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 5253 viewsTalkingSutty

New Faeces. on 14:30 - Jun 8 by D_Alien

You're a sick man!!
New Faeces. (n/t) on 14:43 - Jun 8 with 5250 viewsTalkingSutty

New Faeces. on 14:30 - Jun 8 by D_Alien

[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 14:43]
Login to get fewer ads

New Faeces. on 15:22 - Jun 8 with 5174 viewsD_Alien

New Faeces. on 14:40 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

You're a sick man!!

Very!

#toilethumour

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Faces. on 10:24 - Jun 9 with 4733 viewsParkinsGimp

New Faces. on 13:19 - Jun 8 by nordenblue

"Having achieved a very good position last year" with a team full of players not good enough for this league according to you?

Yep pal , just imagine what we could of acheived with some better players, push the boat out a little , have some faith , delve in the market , speculate to accumulate. Amazing if we did a little of that. It showed how P1"" poor that division was last season.
We must improve if we are to even stand still.
I love the "little old Rochdale" syndrome, whereby we should be grateful for what we get.
Stuff that lets kick on, we could do better.
I am not saying do a bury and go s"!t or bust but lets invest some of the money we have to really go for it. You never know we could actually get in one of them top two spots?
New Faces. on 11:17 - Jun 9 with 4668 viewsalderleydale

New Faces. on 10:24 - Jun 9 by ParkinsGimp

Yep pal , just imagine what we could of acheived with some better players, push the boat out a little , have some faith , delve in the market , speculate to accumulate. Amazing if we did a little of that. It showed how P1"" poor that division was last season.
I love the "little old Rochdale" syndrome, whereby we should be grateful for what we get.
I am not saying do a bury and go s"!t or bust but lets invest some of the money we have to really go for it. You never know we could actually get in one of them top two spots?

Good post that Gimp

Although I`m sure you will be slaughtered for it shortly!!!

Sorry marked it down instead of up

[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 11:19]
New Faces. on 11:58 - Jun 9 with 4591 viewsnordenblue

Your whole point is ridiculous,if like YOU say these group of players aren't good enough and most are "league 2 standard" at best how do we keep finishing so high up in LEAGUE 1?

The fact that we have finished so high can only indicate they ARE good enough surely?

I'm all for improvement and moving forward but as sure as day turns to night Hilly will be bringing in more players that again no doubt won't be "good enough" in your eyes?
New Faces. on 12:05 - Jun 9 with 4584 viewsTalkingSutty

Can't really argue with a lot of that. Everybody would need to be singing off the same hymn sheet to really target a spell in the Championship and I don't think we are. It's the fear of the unknown, a bit like the Brexit vote.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets fed up to the back teeth of living up to the 'Little old Rochdale ' tag. It's one of the reasons we can't attract the younger supporters. We are a Club that are going through a Golden Age in our history but you wouldn't think so. We don't shout loud enough about our achievements.

We have some money in the bank, increase Hillys budget because he won't be here for ever,if you are going to trust anybody with it then he's the man. If there is a secret plan to try to target a shot at Promotion then rally the Rochdale Public and tell them,there's no shame in aiming for the stars and falling short. God forbid,it might even generate some excitement and a buzz around the town.

There should be expectation and Hilly is doing the Club no favours by constantly trying to dumb the supporters down, it kills the atmosphere and hope and makes you wonder 'What's the point'. The increase in Season Ticket sales also needs reporting to a wider audience, it makes people think they are missing out on something.
New Faces. on 12:14 - Jun 9 with 4565 viewstruenorth

New Faces. on 12:05 - Jun 9 by TalkingSutty

Can't really argue with a lot of that. Everybody would need to be singing off the same hymn sheet to really target a spell in the Championship and I don't think we are. It's the fear of the unknown, a bit like the Brexit vote.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets fed up to the back teeth of living up to the 'Little old Rochdale ' tag. It's one of the reasons we can't attract the younger supporters. We are a Club that are going through a Golden Age in our history but you wouldn't think so. We don't shout loud enough about our achievements.

We have some money in the bank, increase Hillys budget because he won't be here for ever,if you are going to trust anybody with it then he's the man. If there is a secret plan to try to target a shot at Promotion then rally the Rochdale Public and tell them,there's no shame in aiming for the stars and falling short. God forbid,it might even generate some excitement and a buzz around the town.

There should be expectation and Hilly is doing the Club no favours by constantly trying to dumb the supporters down, it kills the atmosphere and hope and makes you wonder 'What's the point'. The increase in Season Ticket sales also needs reporting to a wider audience, it makes people think they are missing out on something.

Push the boat out? You're suggesting we didn't last season? We brought new players in on decent wages, signed up our better players on longer contracts, even bought a new stadium ffs.

This is about living within our means. But lets not do a Bury eh?. How about we do a Leeds then? The last thing anyone on here can do is criticise the board and management at Rochdale for the way they run and finance the club. We're 100% self sufficient and with pi$$ poor attendances. They dip their hands in their personal pockets with the expectation of never getting it back again. Would many of us really do that?

Course we want to finish higher, get better players in, enjoy the games more, that's every clubs mantra.

TalkingSh!&$.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

New Faces. on 12:44 - Jun 9 with 4493 viewsTVOS1907

New Faces. on 12:05 - Jun 9 by TalkingSutty

We don't know that Hill's budget hasn't been increased or, indeed, what it was in the first place, and rightly so.

Good point about the season tickets, though.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Faces. on 13:39 - Jun 9 with 4365 viewsTalkingSutty

New Faces. on 12:14 - Jun 9 by truenorth

Push the boat out? You're suggesting we didn't last season? We brought new players in on decent wages, signed up our better players on longer contracts, even bought a new stadium ffs.

This is about living within our means. But lets not do a Bury eh?. How about we do a Leeds then? The last thing anyone on here can do is criticise the board and management at Rochdale for the way they run and finance the club. We're 100% self sufficient and with pi$$ poor attendances. They dip their hands in their personal pockets with the expectation of never getting it back again. Would many of us really do that?

Course we want to finish higher, get better players in, enjoy the games more, that's every clubs mantra.

TalkingSh!&$.

So Supporters can't criticise the board or manager because of the way the Club is run and the fact the Directors put their hand in their pockets? You're either smoking something very Strong or sitting in the Directors box.

What a silly thing to say. Nobody is above criticism, even you, you silly sausage
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 13:41]
New Faces. on 14:12 - Jun 9 with 4297 viewsalderleydale

New Faces. on 13:39 - Jun 9 by TalkingSutty

So Supporters can't criticise the board or manager because of the way the Club is run and the fact the Directors put their hand in their pockets? You're either smoking something very Strong or sitting in the Directors box.

What a silly thing to say. Nobody is above criticism, even you, you silly sausage

Top put-down Sutty, I like it!!!
New Faces. on 14:13 - Jun 9 with 4294 viewstruenorth

New Faces. on 13:39 - Jun 9 by TalkingSutty

Nowt to do with being a sausage, not smoking, not sat in warm box. It's to do with being realistic.

There is only a small budget to work with, based on small income streams. Increase Hilly's budget - how? With what funds? Is it realistic? We don't know, but it's very easy to say they should.

The recent management of RAFC is without question a success. We've seen plenty of other clubs pay the price for being too adventurous and come and burn. And by suggesting we splash the cash, you're potentially advocating a similar path for us. Yet the Directors and Managers have demonstrated a prudent method of running the club.

Opinions are options, fine But what on earth can you criticise them about? Leave those that know and have a proven record at running the club, to run it eh?

New Faces. on 14:26 - Jun 9 with 4281 viewsalderleydale

New Faces. on 14:13 - Jun 9 by truenorth

Nowt to do with being a sausage, not smoking, not sat in warm box. It's to do with being realistic.

There is only a small budget to work with, based on small income streams. Increase Hilly's budget - how? With what funds? Is it realistic? We don't know, but it's very easy to say they should.

The recent management of RAFC is without question a success. We've seen plenty of other clubs pay the price for being too adventurous and come and burn. And by suggesting we splash the cash, you're potentially advocating a similar path for us. Yet the Directors and Managers have demonstrated a prudent method of running the club.

Opinions are options, fine But what on earth can you criticise them about? Leave those that know and have a proven record at running the club, to run it eh?

I don`t think for one second that anybody has suggested that we should break the bank, not even Gimp.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 14:26]
New Faces. on 14:34 - Jun 9 with 4260 viewsTalkingSutty

New Faces. on 14:13 - Jun 9 by truenorth

To be honest i think you've gone off on one without reading my post. I didnt suggest doing a bury or splashing the cash. I suggested increasing his budget and speculating a little. I think it's the best chance of keeping him at the club.

I never slag the board or management off because i have a lot of respect for both parties but that doesn't mean i have to agree with all of their decisions because i dont. I didn't agree with the pricing policy regarding the season tickets and i think more could be done to promote the Club, little things like updating the fixture board at the Stadium etc.

I love Hilly to death but his dumbing down of all expectation doesn't exactly appeal to potential floating supporters and every time he selects a starting eleven there will be those that won't agree. Thats football , it doesn't make you the enemy because you don't agree with the manager or members of the board,we're all grown ups.

Because people put money into the Club, that doesn't mean supporters have to agree with every decision, i don't understand that one.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 14:53]
New Faces. on 16:46 - Jun 9 with 4085 viewstruenorth

New Faces. on 14:34 - Jun 9 by TalkingSutty

To be honest i think you've gone off on one without reading my post. I didnt suggest doing a bury or splashing the cash. I suggested increasing his budget and speculating a little. I think it's the best chance of keeping him at the club.

I never slag the board or management off because i have a lot of respect for both parties but that doesn't mean i have to agree with all of their decisions because i dont. I didn't agree with the pricing policy regarding the season tickets and i think more could be done to promote the Club, little things like updating the fixture board at the Stadium etc.

I love Hilly to death but his dumbing down of all expectation doesn't exactly appeal to potential floating supporters and every time he selects a starting eleven there will be those that won't agree. Thats football , it doesn't make you the enemy because you don't agree with the manager or members of the board,we're all grown ups.

Because people put money into the Club, that doesn't mean supporters have to agree with every decision, i don't understand that one.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 14:53]

Take your point entirely. But I think you're missing mine.

The board speculate every time Hilly buys a player or extends the contact of a current one. And so to say the board should be braver and increase the budget a little, is pretty naive. Surely they do that when they can afford to. Why wouldn't they? Don't think they're sat on buckets of dosh lacking things to spend it on.

Don't think we should agree with every thing, but let's not make it sound as though the boards thinking is tin pot. They need huge credit for the current success of the club.

New Faces. on 17:53 - Jun 9 with 3999 viewsTalkingSutty

New Faces. on 16:46 - Jun 9 by truenorth

Take your point entirely. But I think you're missing mine.

The board speculate every time Hilly buys a player or extends the contact of a current one. And so to say the board should be braver and increase the budget a little, is pretty naive. Surely they do that when they can afford to. Why wouldn't they? Don't think they're sat on buckets of dosh lacking things to spend it on.

Don't think we should agree with every thing, but let's not make it sound as though the boards thinking is tin pot. They need huge credit for the current success of the club.

Well if my posts make it sound as though i think the manager or the board members are under achieving then thats not how its intended. I just think there are aspects of the Club that can be improved and perhaps we could have been a bit braver with the ST pricing policy to try to improve the crowds. The uptake as been good so i've been proved wrong with that, which is good.

I'm not saying my opinion is right, its a forum which exists to discuss everything relating to the Football Club. There's also no shortage of praise for Hilly or the Chairman and Directors.

Its dead easy for the fans (me) to come up with suggestions because we aren't the ones who have to implement them. The forum is a poor substitute for going to the game and the tone of your posts is often dependant on what side of bed you get out of. Most of it should be taken with a big pinch of salt.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 17:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024