Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-engagement 10:48 - Jun 15 with 3445 viewsfitzochris

Hilly gives his thoughts on those who have re-signed/signed for us so far.

No mention of any further activity, unless that follows on the DalePlayer interview.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/keith-hill-pleased-with-player-re-enga
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 10:51]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Re-engagement on 10:58 - Jun 15 with 3404 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just need to lock Messrs Cannon,Camps and Allen into longer deals with the Club before predators come sniffing?
Re-engagement on 11:28 - Jun 15 with 3337 viewsdingdangblue

Re-engagement on 10:58 - Jun 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just need to lock Messrs Cannon,Camps and Allen into longer deals with the Club before predators come sniffing?

I'd add to that Mendez Laing and McDermott. Obviously the younger ones are a priority though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Re-engagement on 11:53 - Jun 15 with 3293 viewsleedsdale

Re-engagement on 11:28 - Jun 15 by dingdangblue

I'd add to that Mendez Laing and McDermott. Obviously the younger ones are a priority though.

I listened to the full interview last night; there was no specific mention of talks with players,or of any deals being close to fruition. He seemed very relaxed about transfers in, and said that he would never be the kind of manager that recruits in the way that Shrewsbury and Fleetwood have done over the last few weeks.

He did say that over the next two weeks or so players start to get nervous as they get back from holiday, pre-season is looming and they haven't got fixed up.

It's 15 days til the players go off to Tenerife, so I would imagine one or two will be in before then.
Re-engagement on 12:27 - Jun 15 with 3206 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree, it's also only 15 days till most released players cease to get paid.......and there are a lot of them

You do have to wonder how players like Reuben NL who have not featured all year catch the eye of potential Clubs? Their Agents will need to work hard indeed.

There will be plenty of busy phones at the moment.
Re-engagement on 12:28 - Jun 15 with 3202 viewsfirgrovedale51

Re-engagement on 11:28 - Jun 15 by dingdangblue

I would also add Rafferty
Re-engagement on 12:42 - Jun 15 with 3157 viewsD_Alien

What comes shining through for me (only read the text version) is the freedom Hilly has to set the agenda at Dale, which enables him to recruit and retain players who fit within it.

Re-engagement is therefore required by Hilly himself, before the players who've re-signed can commit. That's what those lads like McNulty, Canavan and Andrew must be hearing from him. It's their careers, too. Good to hear.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Re-engagement on 16:16 - Jun 15 with 2852 viewsfitzochris

Now he talks about recruitment:

http://footytweets.com/rochdale/news/309006

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Re-engagement on 16:32 - Jun 15 with 2810 viewsTalkingSutty

Re-engagement on 16:16 - Jun 15 by fitzochris

To get the full impact from the Tenerife training Camp it would be beneficial to have most of our new signings over there. One of the main objects of the week away is the team bonding aspect of the trip. Anybody signing afterwards is playing catch up, i suppose to some degree it can't be avoided though.

This could be an exciting season, we have the nucleus of a very good team and with the addition of the right type of players, coupled with further improvement from Allen, Camps, Bunney etc who knows where we could end up. I would still settle for Fifth from bottom though before a ball is kicked, a lot of things can happen over a Season and keeping Hilly at the Club is always a big factor.
Login to get fewer ads

Re-engagement on 16:43 - Jun 15 with 2763 viewsMoonyDale

Now that's a cracking insight into the way Hilly works, nice read that......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Re-engagement on 16:47 - Jun 15 with 2754 viewsD_Dale

KH in this interview: “We all have to earn money and we need to maintain a standard of living for our families, but if players just come in and talk about money then they’re not for me. When players come in and say can you improve me, do you want to improve me, what are we going to do this season, then that’s superb. But if they come in and are being pretty selfish then they’re not right for us as a football club.”

KH on 23 May: "It comes down to finance, it comes down to cash and looking after your family. Cash is king in everybody’s world and Oliver Lancashire and Ashley Eastham have signed for far, far better substantial deals than we could ever offer in a month of Sundays. ... They’re right to accept that offer, because as much as they wanted to stay at the club, the money that they’ve been offered will support their families. You only get a small window of opportunity to earn as much money as you possible can in any walk of life ..."

“Consistency is the hallmark of the unimaginative.” - Oscar Wilde
Re-engagement on 17:19 - Jun 15 with 2672 viewsboromat

Re-engagement on 16:47 - Jun 15 by D_Dale

KH in this interview: “We all have to earn money and we need to maintain a standard of living for our families, but if players just come in and talk about money then they’re not for me. When players come in and say can you improve me, do you want to improve me, what are we going to do this season, then that’s superb. But if they come in and are being pretty selfish then they’re not right for us as a football club.”

KH on 23 May: "It comes down to finance, it comes down to cash and looking after your family. Cash is king in everybody’s world and Oliver Lancashire and Ashley Eastham have signed for far, far better substantial deals than we could ever offer in a month of Sundays. ... They’re right to accept that offer, because as much as they wanted to stay at the club, the money that they’ve been offered will support their families. You only get a small window of opportunity to earn as much money as you possible can in any walk of life ..."

“Consistency is the hallmark of the unimaginative.” - Oscar Wilde

"but if players just come in and talk about money" the word just being very important :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Re-engagement on 17:13 - Jun 16 with 2111 viewsSalwaDale

I also think Hill thinks of himself as a bit of a kingmaker. "Come and sign for us, we'll pay you peanuts but you'll improve and leave us and end up on really good money". Certainly happened with plenty of players.

TBBT

Re-engagement on 17:17 - Jun 16 with 2107 viewsColDale

Re-engagement on 17:13 - Jun 16 by SalwaDale

I also think Hill thinks of himself as a bit of a kingmaker. "Come and sign for us, we'll pay you peanuts but you'll improve and leave us and end up on really good money". Certainly happened with plenty of players.

I'm sure Ive heard Hilly talk about the "contract beyond the contract" as way of luring players to Spotland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024