Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster 19:01 - Jun 20 with 5144 viewsONTHEUP

The family of Harry Webster wish to announce the sad news that after a short illness Harry sadly passed away on Sunday 19th June surrounded by his loving family. The funeral will take place at Rochdale Crematorium on Thursday 30th June at 3pm. Anyone who knew Harry and wishes to pay their respects are welcome to attend. Family flowers only, donations to Springhill Hospice c/o Frank Duffy Funeral Services, Market Street, Whitworth.

Proud Rochdale AFC supporter for 72 years

[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 19:41]
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 19:07 - Jun 20 with 5113 viewsTalkingSutty

A massive Dale Fan but more importantly a very, very nice man. I was very sad to hear this news yesterday, and my condolences go out to all of the Webster family. Harry's going to be missed.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 19:14 - Jun 20 with 5091 views1mark1

Condolences to his family and friends. Don't know if I knew him, but what an absolutely brilliant length of service as a Dale fan.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 19:50 - Jun 20 with 5002 viewsSalwaDale

RIP Harry.

TBBT

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 19:57 - Jun 20 with 4980 viewsroccydaleian

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 19:50 - Jun 20 by SalwaDale

RIP Harry.

Absolute top bloke... R.I.P. Harry
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 22:53 - Jun 20 with 4783 viewsD_Dale

This must almost certainly be the son of Frank Webster. Forty or more years ago my dad and Frank stood together at Spotland. Harry had the use of a large van and after matches was always willing to fit in anyone who needed a lift, including me occasionally. By the time we were dropped off along Halifax Road, we'd have summed up the match and heard the other division four results on the five o'clock sports report.

Harry really was a nice man, and a dedicated Dale supporter.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 22:59 - Jun 20 with 4773 viewsShun

Sad to hear this. I never spoke to him but often saw his face around. He seemed like a nice man and a loyal Daley.

RIP.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 23:25 - Jun 20 with 4729 viewsONTHEUP

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 22:53 - Jun 20 by D_Dale

This must almost certainly be the son of Frank Webster. Forty or more years ago my dad and Frank stood together at Spotland. Harry had the use of a large van and after matches was always willing to fit in anyone who needed a lift, including me occasionally. By the time we were dropped off along Halifax Road, we'd have summed up the match and heard the other division four results on the five o'clock sports report.

Harry really was a nice man, and a dedicated Dale supporter.

You are absolutely right Frank was our Grandad, thanks for sharing your story we loved reading about Dad, please let us know who you are
Thanks
the Webster Family
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 00:49 - Jun 21 with 4647 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

A well kent face at Dale and the head of a big Dale supporting family, was really sad to hear this news.

I remember Harry telling us he was at the infamous Notts County game in 1949.

He'll be having a good catch up now with his pal Peter Woods.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 3:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 01:08 - Jun 21 with 4634 viewsDaley_Lama

R.I.P.

Poll: DF in or out

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 01:36 - Jun 21 with 4619 viewsrochdale1987

Very sad news indeed, rest in peace Harry.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 06:24 - Jun 21 with 4561 views1mark1

Have just seen the photo added to the OP , recognise him, however can't remember talking to him?
Did he many years ago used to be in the corner of the old cow shed and Sandy, near to the Pie Hut?
I had an old uncle Vincent who was a Dale fan for decades, though this is going back 20-30 years, so maybe not.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 09:01 - Jun 21 with 4455 viewsPotterDale

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 06:24 - Jun 21 by 1mark1

Have just seen the photo added to the OP , recognise him, however can't remember talking to him?
Did he many years ago used to be in the corner of the old cow shed and Sandy, near to the Pie Hut?
I had an old uncle Vincent who was a Dale fan for decades, though this is going back 20-30 years, so maybe not.

Yes, the cover didn't go all the way to the corner, but I know what you mean. He stood right at the end of the Willbutts Lane End nearest to the Sandy.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 10:35 - Jun 21 with 4372 viewsdaz

Sad news, Harry sat in front of me in the main stand. True fan and a real gentleman, he will be missed. RIP Harry.

Condolences to all the family.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 11:19 - Jun 21 with 4326 viewsOxfordshiredale

Sad news. Always friendly. Supported with a smile on his face. A true gentleman. Will be greatly missed.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 11:47 - Jun 21 with 4293 viewsisitme

He was always one of those friendly people who you see and speak to at away games, but you do not know their name.

My condolences to his family.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 11:52 - Jun 21 with 4288 viewsbrownale

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 11:47 - Jun 21 by isitme

He was always one of those friendly people who you see and speak to at away games, but you do not know their name.

My condolences to his family.

All our drapery sympathy at this very sad time.Our thoughts are with you all,from the Clegg family.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 12:50 - Jun 21 with 4211 viewsdale1907

Grandad Harry took me to my first Dale game when I was 8 and Ive been following the lads ever since.

Id go to away games with him or in the Studds bar before a home game and he would talk to everyone! He didn't know most peoples names he just knew faces. That's was just the type of warm, friendly and caring person that he was.

Thanks so much to everyone for all of the kind things that you have said about my Grandad. It really means a lot and it just confirms what we already knew of how he was thought of.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 21:06 - Jul 22 with 3574 viewsDalenet

I was away when this news was announced and only just caught up. Harry was a true gent and he loved Dale. I sit across from him in the mainstand and have chatted for years. Used to see him and his mate Peter at the reserve games too. Sadly Peter passed away a few years ago. I am so sorry to hear this news and will miss our little chats. Very sad. Condolences to his family.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 23:14 - Jul 22 with 3439 viewsJumeirahDale

Only met him a couple of times but was always a lovely chap. RIP Harry.
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 01:47 - Jul 23 with 3378 viewschalkyncfc

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 00:49 - Jun 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

A well kent face at Dale and the head of a big Dale supporting family, was really sad to hear this news.

I remember Harry telling us he was at the infamous Notts County game in 1949.

He'll be having a good catch up now with his pal Peter Woods.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 3:03]

Why is the Notts game still remembered?

Its always sad to hear of die hard genuine supporters passing away,supporting a club through 60/70 years is some achievement and I doff my cap to him
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 01:51 - Jul 23 with 3373 viewsSandyman

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 01:47 - Jul 23 by chalkyncfc

Why is the Notts game still remembered?

Its always sad to hear of die hard genuine supporters passing away,supporting a club through 60/70 years is some achievement and I doff my cap to him

Dale's record attendance chalky .
Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 06:40 - Jul 23 with 3333 viewspioneer

Harry (Mr Rochdale) Webster on 01:51 - Jul 23 by Sandyman

Dale's record attendance chalky .

and the reason for that was Notts Cheatys recent signing of england international Tommy Lawton.

A bit like Them from gigg lane signing wayne rooney.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024