Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC 13:32 - Jun 22 with 2953 viewsdeezel

Great to see a local (Bolton) lad given a chance, a 5for on debut as well

Anyone know owt about him?
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 15:27 - Jun 22 with 2897 viewsD_Alien

I don't deezel, but well spotted

Lancs building a potentially match-winning lead on day three

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 16:53 - Jun 22 with 2839 viewsisitme

He is a 19 year old leg spinner. He has played for England under 19 at the past couple of tournaments so is highly rated. Kerrigan has a back injury, so it provided Parkinson with his opportunity. He has been in the squad for the last few one day games and has been unlucky not to play. Lilley has not shown the same form as last year playing as the second spinner to Parry. Getting a Michelle, in the first innings on his debut is an excellent achievement.

Hopefully he will have a better career than our last leg spinning protege.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 16:54 - Jun 22 with 2836 viewsfitzochris

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 16:53 - Jun 22 by isitme

He is a 19 year old leg spinner. He has played for England under 19 at the past couple of tournaments so is highly rated. Kerrigan has a back injury, so it provided Parkinson with his opportunity. He has been in the squad for the last few one day games and has been unlucky not to play. Lilley has not shown the same form as last year playing as the second spinner to Parry. Getting a Michelle, in the first innings on his debut is an excellent achievement.

Hopefully he will have a better career than our last leg spinning protege.

Schofield? Whatever became of him?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:06 - Jun 22 with 2820 viewskippy333

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 16:54 - Jun 22 by fitzochris

Probably disappeared up his own @rse.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:09 - Jun 22 with 2814 viewsisitme

He did okay originally but then drifted out of the game after a spell at Surrey. I think he plays for Littleborough now? Roccy might know more?

I think it was Atherton who questioned his attitude.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:25 - Jun 22 with 2784 viewsdeezel

Lancs struggling 137/5 only about 190 ahead

Youngsters Hameed and Livingstone batting
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:27 - Jun 22 with 2783 viewsroccydaleian

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:09 - Jun 22 by isitme

He did okay originally but then drifted out of the game after a spell at Surrey. I think he plays for Littleborough now? Roccy might know more?

Aye, he does. Married with a kid now and living back in the 'Boro.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 17:34]
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:28 - Jun 22 with 2780 viewsfitzochris

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:09 - Jun 22 by isitme

Aye. I lost track once he left Surrey about five years ago. I met him around 1999 when he was playing snooker. Might have been earlier, as I don't think he'd made his Lancashire breakthrough at that point.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:49 - Jun 22 with 2749 viewsaleanddale

Test match 50 to his name.

V a decent West Indies too.

How the fook god only knows...

Top and inside edge galore!! Think he went from 46 to 50 with one off his helmet over the keepers head!!!!!
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 18:06 - Jun 22 with 2727 viewsnordenblue

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:27 - Jun 22 by roccydaleian

Aye, he does. Married with a kid now and living back in the 'Boro.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 17:34]

I used to hang around with him and his 2 brothers in Wardle a while ago and by all accounts he became an absolute tool following the England contract,he was also mentioned in a famous cricketers biography (Atherton?) as being such too.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 18:34 - Jun 22 with 2706 viewsroccydaleian

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 18:06 - Jun 22 by nordenblue

I used to hang around with him and his 2 brothers in Wardle a while ago and by all accounts he became an absolute tool following the England contract,he was also mentioned in a famous cricketers biography (Atherton?) as being such too.

Aye, a few people have said that. All I can say is that since I've got to know him, he's now a very decent chap.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 18:59 - Jun 22 with 2692 viewsisitme

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 17:25 - Jun 22 by deezel

Lancs struggling 137/5 only about 190 ahead

Youngsters Hameed and Livingstone batting

They have both had a good season, especially considering it's their first season of first class cricket. I feel that Livingstone is batting too low as he has been stranded with the tail a number of times this season.

Mahmood is another good prospect. A seamer who also played for England under 19. I believe he went to Matthew Moss. Some of our younger supporters might know a bit more about him.

Lancs have some good young talent but are lacking a couple of decent batsmen. I'm not sure Brown, Smith and Proctor should be featuring in anyone's top order. When Wagner goes on international duty I wouldn't mind a good top order batsman being signed.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 19:10 - Jun 22 with 2677 viewsnordenblue

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 18:34 - Jun 22 by roccydaleian

Aye, a few people have said that. All I can say is that since I've got to know him, he's now a very decent chap.

To be fair the whole family were spot on so I was quite surprised to hear he went a bit off the rails back then,but then again people who have never been in the spotlight and had a bit of fame dont understand what it must be like either.
Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 19:55 - Jun 22 with 2636 viewsTalkingSutty

Matt Parkinson - Lancs CCC on 19:10 - Jun 22 by nordenblue

To be fair the whole family were spot on so I was quite surprised to hear he went a bit off the rails back then,but then again people who have never been in the spotlight and had a bit of fame dont understand what it must be like either.

Schofield was a very talented cricketer in his day. You don't play a Test Match for England at Lords by sheer luck. He was also picked for the 20/20 World Cup squad if memory serves me right, I think it was when he was at Surrey.

Bowling leg spin is the hardest skill to master and from the times i watched him, there was one bad ball nearly every over, at the top level you can't get away with that. Agree his 50 at Lords was jammy but it's still down in the book.

I've seen him play some great knocks, one being a ton in the Wood Cup Final quite a few years ago. He always stood out as being a bit better than the rest when watching him at that level but I think overall he didn't really reach his full potential on a regular basis. Whether that was down to his attitude I don't know but he's always seemed OK when I've had the odd chat with him.

Playing a Test Match for England at Lords, in the words of Keith Hill,WOW!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024