Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kick off 22:45 - Jul 7 with 5010 viewsDiddyDave

So what`s this at the kick off,kicking the ball backwards,when and why was this changed? To me it`s one of the fundamentals of the game,the ball must go forward from the centre spot at least its full circumference.
Kick off on 22:59 - Jul 7 with 4015 viewsTVOS1907

It hasn't been entirely changed. The ball just has to move forward now; the distance is irrelevant, which seems eminently sensible to me.

Have they been kicking it backwards in some games? It's hardly worth worrying about.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Kick off on 23:14 - Jul 7 with 3985 viewsDiddyDave

Kick off on 22:59 - Jul 7 by TVOS1907

It hasn't been entirely changed. The ball just has to move forward now; the distance is irrelevant, which seems eminently sensible to me.

Have they been kicking it backwards in some games? It's hardly worth worrying about.

How could it move forward when there was only one bloke at the kick off in the game just finished? Same yesterday in the Wales game,maybe I`ll have to clean my glasses,but I`m sure when the ref blew his whistle Mueller,I think it was,just kicked it straight back.
Kick off on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 3959 viewsTVOS1907

Kick off on 23:14 - Jul 7 by DiddyDave

How could it move forward when there was only one bloke at the kick off in the game just finished? Same yesterday in the Wales game,maybe I`ll have to clean my glasses,but I`m sure when the ref blew his whistle Mueller,I think it was,just kicked it straight back.

Actually, just looked up the latest version of the Laws, which I think have been in effect from the start of the Euros.

The ball now can just move, regardless of direction.

Google it.

Kick off on 00:04 - Jul 8 with 3930 viewsDiddyDave

Kick off on 23:37 - Jul 7 by TVOS1907

Actually, just looked up the latest version of the Laws, which I think have been in effect from the start of the Euros.

Google it.

Ok,cheers.
Kick off on 00:20 - Jul 8 with 3918 viewsDiddyDave

Yes,thank you,just looked it up. I didn`t even know there`d been "changes" made to the laws of the game to come into effect on June 1st. I think years ago it was only the Football League who could make changes,but it would appear there`s some other outfit who decides on these things now. Why they`d want to change the start of the game to just kicking the ball presumably anywhere has me shaking my head,but there you go again. It certainly ain`t the game I used to know anymore.
Kick off on 01:04 - Jul 8 with 3900 viewsAtThePeake

Kick off on 00:20 - Jul 8 by DiddyDave

Yes,thank you,just looked it up. I didn`t even know there`d been "changes" made to the laws of the game to come into effect on June 1st. I think years ago it was only the Football League who could make changes,but it would appear there`s some other outfit who decides on these things now. Why they`d want to change the start of the game to just kicking the ball presumably anywhere has me shaking my head,but there you go again. It certainly ain`t the game I used to know anymore.

Does it really make that much of a difference?

Tangled up in blue.

Kick off on 02:40 - Jul 8 with 3880 viewsDiddyDave

Kick off on 01:04 - Jul 8 by AtThePeake

Yes,it does to me. As I said,it`s one of the fundamentals of football,how the fook can you start the game by kicking the ball backwards? Who thinks these things up and more to the point,who agrees with them? I don`t know what`s worse,these pricks who change the rules,or laws as in football`s case,or us who let them do it. I`ll say no more.
Kick off on 06:59 - Jul 8 with 3822 views1mark1

FIFA are the governing organisation of football. They make up or change the rules of the game. I agree not a good change, just another change to a long held rule that was simple. Wasn't broke didn't need fixing. Unfortunately some people come up with changes for the sake of it.

For example Why not come up with a law that all professional clubs have to be run within their financial means. Or that overreacting to being fouled will result in a booking.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 7:01]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Kick off on 07:10 - Jul 8 with 3810 viewsTVOS1907

Precisely

Kick off on 07:10 - Jul 8 with 3808 viewsTVOS1907

Kick off on 00:20 - Jul 8 by DiddyDave

I don't think the Football League run world football.

Kick off on 07:12 - Jul 8 with 3805 viewsTVOS1907

Kick off on 06:59 - Jul 8 by 1mark1

FIFA are the governing organisation of football. They make up or change the rules of the game. I agree not a good change, just another change to a long held rule that was simple. Wasn't broke didn't need fixing. Unfortunately some people come up with changes for the sake of it.

For example Why not come up with a law that all professional clubs have to be run within their financial means. Or that overreacting to being fouled will result in a booking.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 7:01]

Over-reacting to a foul CAN lead to a booking, but it's very difficult for a referee to decide whether a player is as injured as he's making out.

Kick off on 07:14 - Jul 8 with 3801 viewsTVOS1907

Kick off on 02:40 - Jul 8 by DiddyDave

Yes,it does to me. As I said,it`s one of the fundamentals of football,how the fook can you start the game by kicking the ball backwards? Who thinks these things up and more to the point,who agrees with them? I don`t know what`s worse,these pricks who change the rules,or laws as in football`s case,or us who let them do it. I`ll say no more.

Maybe players shouldn't be allowed to pass backwards at any point of a game then.

Kick off on 07:41 - Jul 8 with 3772 viewsseasidedale

One rule i would like to see is the team winning a throw in, the nearest person to the ball has to take it, it would cut down time wasting when teams get the farest player to take it.
Kick off on 08:06 - Jul 8 with 3736 viewsKenBoon

The laws are decided by FIFA and a group of suits from The FA, Welsh FA, Scottish FA and probably NI FA. They changed the KO law a few years ago so you could SHOOOOT from it. Now you just don't have to pass it forward. It makes sense, just like the advantage law made sense. V well done to the suits.
Kick off on 08:08 - Jul 8 with 3732 viewsChaffRAFC

No, no it doesn't, not in the slightest.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Kick off on 09:57 - Jul 8 with 3603 viewsmingthemerciless

When I played up front I'd wait on the spot where the centre circle joined the half way line. When the opposition kicked off they'd sometimes dawdle on the ball and then pass back into midfield. If you were quick you could sprint in behind them and intercept the pass. Obviously you could only do this once because next time they were on to you.

No chance of doing that now.
Kick off on 12:01 - Jul 8 with 3513 viewsdavidab2202

It probably made sense to tweak this rule in view of the fact that when teams taking the kick off,had to roll the ball forward then the next pass in the vast majority of games was a pass backwards so it seems to make sense to me why not pass the ball backwards directly from the kick off in the first place
Kick off on 12:33 - Jul 8 with 3467 viewswindowsbug

How about a new law..
The majority of the ball has to be inside the line at a corner. Not just touching the outside, as what happens now
Kick off on 14:58 - Jul 8 with 3332 viewsjokerthief

Watching the game the other night, someone scored but was ruled Offside.
Does anyone know what offside means?
Kick off on 15:13 - Jul 8 with 3322 viewsKenBoon

On the subject of Kick Off. Who else has played that horrendous Dino Dini's Kickoff Revival on PS4 yet? Worst game ever.
Kick off on 22:40 - Jul 8 with 3142 viewsdingdangblue

Kick off on 14:58 - Jul 8 by jokerthief

Watching the game the other night, someone scored but was ruled Offside.
Does anyone know what offside means?

Which game?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Kick off on 00:29 - Jul 9 with 3107 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Kick off on 07:41 - Jul 8 by seasidedale

One rule i would like to see is the team winning a throw in, the nearest person to the ball has to take it, it would cut down time wasting when teams get the farest player to take it.

What the hell would Iceland do?
Kick off on 15:44 - Jul 9 with 2981 viewsdebbiesfella

Kick off on 23:37 - Jul 7 by TVOS1907

Google it.

Exactly doesn't have to go backwards.
Kick off on 09:04 - Jul 10 with 2865 viewsonedalefan

Why don't they change the rule where an injured player has to leave the pitch before immediately coming back on.
Kick off on 10:26 - Jul 10 with 2816 viewsmingthemerciless

Kick off on 09:04 - Jul 10 by onedalefan

Why don't they change the rule where an injured player has to leave the pitch before immediately coming back on.

They'd be falling over for nothing even more than they do now. How many times do you see a team that is hanging on at the end of game have a sudden rash of players who can't stay upright ? I'd make the player wait on the touchline until the next stoppage of play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024