Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BIFF-who? 05:00 - Jul 11 with 2454 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36739939

BIFF-who? on 10:19 - Jul 11 with 2226 viewsbiffoboffo

Are you one of those new football fans who doesn't know anything about actual football?

Not heard of Sean O'Driscoll and Ian Baraclough either?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 10:21]
BIFF-who? on 10:46 - Jul 11 with 2193 viewsaleanddale

BIFF-who? on 10:19 - Jul 11 by biffoboffo

Are you one of those new football fans who doesn't know anything about actual football?

Will go one way or t'other.

Hell of a job on his hands with fans expectation of a promotion and corny saying one thing and doing another.

Brave move - better in my eyes than appointing somebody on the managerial merry go round.

Less than 10 senior pros on the books? And kick off 3 weeks on Saturday.

You not worried Biffo boffo???

10 Games in will tell you all you need to know.
BIFF-who? on 11:06 - Jul 11 with 2154 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

BIFF-who? on 10:19 - Jul 11 by biffoboffo

Wasn't Ian Barraclough in Corrie?
BIFF-who? on 13:41 - Jul 11 with 1978 viewsbiffoboffo

BIFF-who? on 10:46 - Jul 11 by aleanddale

Will go one way or t'other.

Hell of a job on his hands with fans expectation of a promotion and corny saying one thing and doing another.

Brave move - better in my eyes than appointing somebody on the managerial merry go round.

Less than 10 senior pros on the books? And kick off 3 weeks on Saturday.

You not worried Biffo boffo???

10 Games in will tell you all you need to know.

I was worried, anyone who said they weren't is lying or one hell of an optimist.

But I'm now quite excited at the prospect of a fresh start. We seem to be recruiting well so far (taking advantage of the new rules) with quite a few more to arrive very soon.

Clearly the vast majority of the old team were not up to it, despite the late run under Sheridan (spit). Personally glad to see the back of all but one of them.

There seems to have been a very considered approach in the appointment and I think under Robinson we will be organised. If O'Driscoll is consulting and helping build the team then that can only be a positive in my eyes too.

It may take a while to gel, but you do have time in this division for that to happen. A team can be bottom at Christmas and get promoted in League 1... no that I want to be bottom at Christmas you understand. :-)

Anyhow. See you all soon and best of luck.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 13:42]
BIFF-who? on 14:31 - Jul 11 with 1905 viewsdalenumber2

An OAFC supporting friend of mine says they have suddenly come into a lot of money - just in the last few days made lots of new appointments off field and on field. He reckons they are a good bet for promotion. Not sure where the money has come from though!
BIFF-who? on 14:38 - Jul 11 with 1885 viewsbiffoboffo

BIFF-who? on 14:31 - Jul 11 by dalenumber2

An OAFC supporting friend of mine says they have suddenly come into a lot of money - just in the last few days made lots of new appointments off field and on field. He reckons they are a good bet for promotion. Not sure where the money has come from though!

I don't think that this is true, well not exactly.

The word is that Corney has a view that the market has turned. Lower league players cant secure the same salaries any more. So he has sold the players on existing contracts (cash injection) and is confident of attracting better players on lower wages (reduced wages bill - or similar but with better players). Nothing to lose either given that those players got us in the mess we found ourselves. He seems to have created a behind the scenes structure too with the new manager Robinson, O'Driscoll, Turnbull, Nash, conditioning coaches and new technology to help.

Despite rumour and negativity to the contrary, the new stand will be generating extra income too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024