Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds Bar announcement 20:07 - Jul 18 with 6832 viewsonedalefan

'Rochdale Football Club can confirm that Studds Bar, situated in the Pearl Street Stand, will only be accessible from inside the ground on matchdays during the 2016-17 season. There will be no access from the car park. The bar will be open to supporters in the Pearl Street Stand, and turnstiles will open an hour before kick-off. Turnstiles may open earlier for high profile games'.

Another well thought out idea from the club to alienate a section of fans and cut down on money being taken,
Studds Bar announcement on 14:35 - Jul 20 with 1807 viewsaleanddale

Studds Bar announcement on 13:51 - Jul 20 by TVOS1907

There's a school of thought that it would be an ideal location for a new club shop/megamegastore type of place.

Would be better served as the shop for sure..

Now we have our retail guru full time!!!
Studds Bar announcement on 21:07 - Jul 20 with 1665 viewsrochdaleriddler

Studds Bar announcement on 10:51 - Jul 20 by D_Alien

This has got to be a joke.

I wouldn't pay 35p for a pint of Tetley piss unless there's nothing else on offer. As previously said, Studds is strictly for a quick half-time gargle. It'd be a waste of money trying to upgrade it due to no external lighting and the general mess made every game by beer swilling, farting Pearl Streeters (including me )

i can get a pint of real ale, sit in comfort at the Baum, outside if its nice for less than that. Guess that means the other bars prices are up also. I'll give these a miss. Just a thought, Frances Fielding came from the council, their only tactic ni trying to raise money in all areas was/is to put prices up and up, fleecing the bereaved, those getting married,etc. Prices went up, staff were cut and services got worse, Even when putting prices up led to less demand it made no difference. I think i'm going to think v carefully about my attendances/match day spend next season

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Studds Bar announcement on 21:56 - Jul 20 with 1622 views1mark1

With such prices, for such low standard of beer, they are not making it easy for Dale fans to be loyal and use the Stadium bars. Bit of a trend going on here as far as prices.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Studds Bar announcement on 07:02 - Jul 21 with 1528 views1mark1

Studds Bar announcement on 21:07 - Jul 20 by rochdaleriddler

i can get a pint of real ale, sit in comfort at the Baum, outside if its nice for less than that. Guess that means the other bars prices are up also. I'll give these a miss. Just a thought, Frances Fielding came from the council, their only tactic ni trying to raise money in all areas was/is to put prices up and up, fleecing the bereaved, those getting married,etc. Prices went up, staff were cut and services got worse, Even when putting prices up led to less demand it made no difference. I think i'm going to think v carefully about my attendances/match day spend next season

Indeed totally agree.

there are a plenty of such good drinking establishments within a short taxi ride or walk from the stadium. Dale should be doing all they can to make the Stadium bars attractive to more people, and that means offering better quality, at more reasonable prices. There are many local breweries that I am sure would be willing to offer guest ales at a reasonable price, or certainly plenty that could offer better prices for better quality keg, if the club can't do cask.

The potential extra earnings for the club could be excellent if done correctly. Maybe they should look at bringing in someone who could offer some advice about what could be achieved with the Stadium bars.

Studds Bar announcement on 07:59 - Jul 21 with 1494 viewsfitzochris

Drinking at the club is one thing I've never really done. When you consider nearby pubs such as the Star Inn offer a Stout far superior to most mainstream alternatives at a fraction of the price, it is hard to compete.

The Cemetery, albeit more expensive than the Star, usually has a much better choice on tap than Studds, too.

Even the Church Inn, when that was going, seemed busier.

I'm sure the club could do something to lower prices or offer better quality draught products, but I'm not sure how much flexibility they would have.

I think the costs associated with the current Licensing Act and supermarket prices have most independent pubs and bars over a barrell as it is.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Studds Bar announcement on 14:40 - Jul 21 with 1376 views1mark1

Studds Bar announcement on 07:59 - Jul 21 by fitzochris

Drinking at the club is one thing I've never really done. When you consider nearby pubs such as the Star Inn offer a Stout far superior to most mainstream alternatives at a fraction of the price, it is hard to compete.

The Cemetery, albeit more expensive than the Star, usually has a much better choice on tap than Studds, too.

Even the Church Inn, when that was going, seemed busier.

I'm sure the club could do something to lower prices or offer better quality draught products, but I'm not sure how much flexibility they would have.

I think the costs associated with the current Licensing Act and supermarket prices have most independent pubs and bars over a barrell as it is.

The actual costs per barrell of a decent quality real ale from a local brewery, is not much different than keg. The big problem would be the need for someone who could properly look after real are, including the Tap and Spiling of the barrelles, and cleaning of the pumps. It's a lot more time consuming to have real ale than keg. Also the shelf life of real ale is much shorter, and once put on a barrel has to be used within a few days. So there are logistical reasons not to have real ale.

However saying that, there is no excuse in my opinion for selling at best average keg at £3-30 a pint, and there are some decent quality keg ales out there.

Studds Bar announcement on 12:16 - Jul 22 with 1209 viewsParkinsGimp

Studds Bar announcement on 14:40 - Jul 21 by 1mark1

The actual costs per barrell of a decent quality real ale from a local brewery, is not much different than keg. The big problem would be the need for someone who could properly look after real are, including the Tap and Spiling of the barrelles, and cleaning of the pumps. It's a lot more time consuming to have real ale than keg. Also the shelf life of real ale is much shorter, and once put on a barrel has to be used within a few days. So there are logistical reasons not to have real ale.

However saying that, there is no excuse in my opinion for selling at best average keg at £3-30 a pint, and there are some decent quality keg ales out there.

Very informative on bitter drinking to say you are Half man Half apple you cider drinker LOL
Studds Bar announcement on 14:35 - Jul 22 with 1159 views1mark1

Studds Bar announcement on 12:16 - Jul 22 by ParkinsGimp

Very informative on bitter drinking to say you are Half man Half apple you cider drinker LOL

My time of being on a certain Club Committee for about 23 years gave me the knowledge, as well as spending plenty of time with people who drink/drank plenty of booze.

I am afraid not much of Half Man Half Apple. Probably more Half Man Half Banana, seeing I eat more bananas than drink booze nowadays.😟
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 14:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024