Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... 21:48 - Aug 10 with 9944 viewsnordenblue

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/104531/danczuks-

Nothing quite like a bit of bad press
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 21:06 - Aug 16 with 2772 views1mark1

http://rochdaleherald.co.uk/breaking-news/topless-danczuk-in-topless-holiday-pri

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 22:36 - Aug 16 with 2689 viewsrochdaleriddler

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:07 - Aug 16 by SJE_Dale

Why can't I help but think there is a hidden agenda behind all of this?

Danzcuk is probably one of the most well known Labour MPs at the moment (for various reasons) and scandals with him are 10 a penny. The man is a very outspoken critic of Corbyn, and for a year now has consistently been publically speaking about deselection fears.

If I were a conspiracy theorist I'd think that there are some in the Labour Party (Danczuk himself or other members through various leaks) that are looking for that first piece of evidence of deselection. And that potentially people are trying to force the hand of Corbyn into this and bring Labour into further outcry over his leadership.

Politics is a dirty game and either Danzcuk is very mentally unstable at this moment in time, or he's playing a part in this game.

And throughout all of this Rochdale's name continues to be tarnished.

There is no agenda, danczuk has no influence anywhere apart from farnell et al, Corbyn after he wins will have him out,I hoping the dead wood serving on the council will all be deselected as well

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 23:19 - Aug 16 with 2651 viewsNinco

I know the press like to jump on stories like this but they are only human and are no different from anyone else in any other line of work so to me it isn't news. Go out on any Friday night and you will see loads of people who are normally respectable people in decent jobs, but after a skinful of beer, they lose it and do silly things.
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 06:18 - Aug 17 with 2593 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 18:48 - Aug 16 by 1mark1

Yes I accept that, it is though still being decided if there is enough for a criminal prosecution.
£11000 was very generous to him, as it could have been a lot more owed if the Parliamentary authorities had really gone for the throat.

My only worry was whether talk on a MB could be prejudicial to any potential court case.

Probably not in this instance, simply restating the facts that are the accepted version of events for both parties.
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 08:23 - Aug 17 with 2545 viewsColDale

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 23:19 - Aug 16 by Ninco

I know the press like to jump on stories like this but they are only human and are no different from anyone else in any other line of work so to me it isn't news. Go out on any Friday night and you will see loads of people who are normally respectable people in decent jobs, but after a skinful of beer, they lose it and do silly things.

Don't disagree with that, but there's a worrying number of rumours that suggest that they are tipping the press off themselves about these stories. There was certainly a suggestion online last week which stated that the recent front page of the story came from the same PR company that both S&K use, and no matter what ever seems to come out, there never seems to be any actual bad blood between the two of them. Felt for a while than Danczuk knows he's on his way out and he's just enjoying one last lap of publicity and not taking anything too seriously at all, and it's all part of a bigger game.
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:07 - Aug 17 with 2419 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 06:18 - Aug 17 by Albert_Whitehurst

Probably not in this instance, simply restating the facts that are the accepted version of events for both parties.

That's fair enough then.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:10 - Aug 17 with 2416 viewsjudd

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 08:23 - Aug 17 by ColDale

Don't disagree with that, but there's a worrying number of rumours that suggest that they are tipping the press off themselves about these stories. There was certainly a suggestion online last week which stated that the recent front page of the story came from the same PR company that both S&K use, and no matter what ever seems to come out, there never seems to be any actual bad blood between the two of them. Felt for a while than Danczuk knows he's on his way out and he's just enjoying one last lap of publicity and not taking anything too seriously at all, and it's all part of a bigger game.

What bigger game - It's A Knockers Out?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:13 - Aug 17 with 2407 viewsTVOS1907

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:07 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

That's fair enough then.

Agree

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 2380 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:13 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

Agree

Glad you do. Always nice to get your agreement😀

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:10 - Aug 17 with 2304 viewsD_Dale

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 08:23 - Aug 17 by ColDale

But is Danczuk on his way out?

There's no mechanism that could remove him as an MP, and this parliament is due to run until the summer of 2020. However many calls are there for him to resign, if he has the brass neck to ignore them (and he appears to have) he can just carry on drawing his salary and expenses. He'd not even have to go through the motions of representing the constituency. (He still makes a bit of an effort, for example asking a question about the Town Hall a few weeks ago.)

A few criminal convictions wouldn't be enough, unless he was in prison when MPs could, in theory, pass a motion that he be expelled. I don't think that's been done for decades. There was the case of Eric Joyce in the last parliament. He had convictions for drunken brawls (one in the House of Commons) and drunken driving, as well as being accused of a relationship with a 17-year old school girl who'd worked in his office (sounds familiar?).

As with Danczuk, the Labour whip was withdrawn from him but he carried on as an Independent. I suspect Danczuk will carry on, indifferent to - or even enjoying - his notoriety, and perhaps eventually writing an autobiography to go with his expose of Cyril Smith!
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:18 - Aug 17 with 2281 views49thseason

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:10 - Aug 17 by D_Dale

There's no mechanism that could remove him as an MP, and this parliament is due to run until the summer of 2020. However many calls are there for him to resign, if he has the brass neck to ignore them (and he appears to have) he can just carry on drawing his salary and expenses. He'd not even have to go through the motions of representing the constituency. (He still makes a bit of an effort, for example asking a question about the Town Hall a few weeks ago.)

A few criminal convictions wouldn't be enough, unless he was in prison when MPs could, in theory, pass a motion that he be expelled. I don't think that's been done for decades. There was the case of Eric Joyce in the last parliament. He had convictions for drunken brawls (one in the House of Commons) and drunken driving, as well as being accused of a relationship with a 17-year old school girl who'd worked in his office (sounds familiar?).

As with Danczuk, the Labour whip was withdrawn from him but he carried on as an Independent. I suspect Danczuk will carry on, indifferent to - or even enjoying - his notoriety, and perhaps eventually writing an autobiography to go with his expose of Cyril Smith!

He will "earn" the better part of a million quid in salary, expenses and "other" earnings before 2020. Can't see him retiring before then.
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:23 - Aug 17 with 2272 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:10 - Aug 17 by D_Dale

He won't resign. He is too greedy, loves his salary, expenses and media earnings too much.

A six months custodial sentence passed by a UK court, then MPs could pass a majority, in order for 10 % of a constituency's resistered voters to petition for a By election that the sitting MP could stand in.

A 12 months custodial sentence would automatically disqualify a MP, and create a by election that they could not stand in. Here's hoping.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:32 - Aug 17 with 2259 views100notout

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:23 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

He won't resign. He is too greedy, loves his salary, expenses and media earnings too much.

A six months custodial sentence passed by a UK court, then MPs could pass a majority, in order for 10 % of a constituency's resistered voters to petition for a By election that the sitting MP could stand in.

A 12 months custodial sentence would automatically disqualify a MP, and create a by election that they could not stand in. Here's hoping.

I think you should start one of them online petition thingys Mark - I'm sure you'd get 10% of registered voter signing up

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:42 - Aug 17 with 2244 views1mark1

Just to add, it seams that Labour are happy for him to remain suspended, meaning he wouldn't be able to become a candidate in any election. There are already moves from individuals within the Labour Party to become the Prospective Labour Candidate, but officially none of this will take place until an election is called.

Farnell, could well be a favourite, but he might be happy with the new powers he will have when Greater Manchester elects its new City Region Mayor. As a local Council leader he would have a lead position in Burnham's team, so in effect he can have more power and influence as a Council leader and role in GMCR mayoral team, than as a MP. If he wanted the PPC job he would probably get it.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:45 - Aug 17 with 2235 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:32 - Aug 17 by 100notout

I think you should start one of them online petition thingys Mark - I'm sure you'd get 10% of registered voter signing up

Can only happen if he gets a custodial sentence, even if suspended.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 2157 viewsisitme

I bet Farnell gets paid much more than Danczuk does?
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 17:53 - Aug 17 with 2123 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 17:05 - Aug 17 by isitme

I bet Farnell gets paid much more than Danczuk does?

Not sure he does. Last year he received £27000 as leader of Council, however he is on a lot of outside bodies, many if not all will provide additional income. He is also on the Manchester airport authorities board. Possibly he will end up with around the £74000 that a MP earns. I do,know that as leader of the Council, is working week is a lot, I would estimate he does 50 to 60 hours a week.
The information on how much Farnell is out there, however it involves finding out how much he earns for all of his outside of Rochdale MBC committee earnings, that are all public bodies.

My opinion this, but Councillors leaders are worth at least as much as MPs , and would say Mps should be paid less, and Council leaders more.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 18:32 - Aug 17 with 2091 viewsroccydaleian

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 17:53 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

Not sure he does. Last year he received £27000 as leader of Council, however he is on a lot of outside bodies, many if not all will provide additional income. He is also on the Manchester airport authorities board. Possibly he will end up with around the £74000 that a MP earns. I do,know that as leader of the Council, is working week is a lot, I would estimate he does 50 to 60 hours a week.
The information on how much Farnell is out there, however it involves finding out how much he earns for all of his outside of Rochdale MBC committee earnings, that are all public bodies.

My opinion this, but Councillors leaders are worth at least as much as MPs , and would say Mps should be paid less, and Council leaders more.

If he works that many hours in one job as council leader, doesn't that exceed the working time directive? I think you can opt out of it, but surely it's not a good example to set. Unless he's being paid overtime that is.
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 19:07 - Aug 17 with 2055 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 18:32 - Aug 17 by roccydaleian

If he works that many hours in one job as council leader, doesn't that exceed the working time directive? I think you can opt out of it, but surely it's not a good example to set. Unless he's being paid overtime that is.

It's different for elected councilors, in the sense there isn't a fixed job discription. They don't have fixed hours of work, or even days of work. I have known councillors who have been called out to help out a constituent in the middle of the night. As leader of the Council, RF will often be receiving calls during the evening and weekend. He will be doing his duties sometimes in periods of just a few hours, sometimes a long day. He will almost always be on call. So O would imagine, the role of an elected politician will not be covered by the working time directive. Of course, their work is not intensive like most people's jobs are, and in many ways much of their time is their own to arrange.

MPs very similar, again no fixed hours or job discription.

A few months ago, our Green Party leader came to visit us in Rochdale. She was speaking at a meeting in the evening . During the day we arranged for her to visit various local places including Charities and the Toad Lane Co-op. She had set off from London early in the morning and got home about midnight. She as the leader of a party, works many hours. Again , her job won't be covered by WTD.

In many ways, there is a lot of a voluntary nature to elected politicians work and elected party leaders and officials. Same with Union leaders and officials, who obviously get excellent pay packages, but do many hours of work.

And no there are no extra salary payments for "extra" hours.
Hope this answers some of your points Roccy.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 19:09]

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 20:27 - Aug 17 with 1985 viewsroccydaleian

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 19:07 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

It's different for elected councilors, in the sense there isn't a fixed job discription. They don't have fixed hours of work, or even days of work. I have known councillors who have been called out to help out a constituent in the middle of the night. As leader of the Council, RF will often be receiving calls during the evening and weekend. He will be doing his duties sometimes in periods of just a few hours, sometimes a long day. He will almost always be on call. So O would imagine, the role of an elected politician will not be covered by the working time directive. Of course, their work is not intensive like most people's jobs are, and in many ways much of their time is their own to arrange.

MPs very similar, again no fixed hours or job discription.

A few months ago, our Green Party leader came to visit us in Rochdale. She was speaking at a meeting in the evening . During the day we arranged for her to visit various local places including Charities and the Toad Lane Co-op. She had set off from London early in the morning and got home about midnight. She as the leader of a party, works many hours. Again , her job won't be covered by WTD.

In many ways, there is a lot of a voluntary nature to elected politicians work and elected party leaders and officials. Same with Union leaders and officials, who obviously get excellent pay packages, but do many hours of work.

And no there are no extra salary payments for "extra" hours.
Hope this answers some of your points Roccy.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 19:09]

Aye it does thanks.
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 20:35 - Aug 17 with 1977 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 20:27 - Aug 17 by roccydaleian

Aye it does thanks.

Good, and you are welcome.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 12:37 - Aug 20 with 1768 viewsParkinsGimp

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 16:42 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

Just to add, it seams that Labour are happy for him to remain suspended, meaning he wouldn't be able to become a candidate in any election. There are already moves from individuals within the Labour Party to become the Prospective Labour Candidate, but officially none of this will take place until an election is called.

Farnell, could well be a favourite, but he might be happy with the new powers he will have when Greater Manchester elects its new City Region Mayor. As a local Council leader he would have a lead position in Burnham's team, so in effect he can have more power and influence as a Council leader and role in GMCR mayoral team, than as a MP. If he wanted the PPC job he would probably get it.

Dont tell me its all about power??
And I thought they did it to be a "voice of the people" and fight for the ones who have no voice..... mmmmm looking at Rochdale Labour party maybe you are right :-)
Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 14:07 - Aug 20 with 1665 views1mark1

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 12:37 - Aug 20 by ParkinsGimp

Dont tell me its all about power??
And I thought they did it to be a "voice of the people" and fight for the ones who have no voice..... mmmmm looking at Rochdale Labour party maybe you are right :-)

👏👍 Spot on.

There are two types of elected politician.
The first group who want to serve the communities where they represent, and the second group who want to serve themselves. The Danczuks were always in that second group, as are many around Rochdale. They are the ones who stay silent about the Danczuks.

Well done Mr Danczuk yet again.... on 09:06 - Aug 21 with 1531 viewsDaley_Lama

Spanish Waiter
Domestic Violence
Doing it for the kids
Sell my story to a tabloid

All sounds like a crud episode of a 1980s sitcom, between the two of them they really are leading the way in barrel scraping

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024