Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing..? 09:58 - Aug 30 with 11284 viewsDaleyBrent

Are we going to actually sign anyway in the remainder of this Transfer Window...

Has ANYBODY heard any rumours or do we think its going to be a quiet one..?
New Signing..? on 09:58 - Aug 30 with 6955 viewssandy_dale

I'll be surprised but you can never tell.
New Signing..? on 10:04 - Aug 30 with 6921 viewsnordenblue

Jimmy Grahams looking at a move back into football
New Signing..? on 10:07 - Aug 30 with 6911 viewsmacro

I hope defensively a signing is made otherwise we could end up with Lund, Bunney or Vincenti playing at the back!

On a practical note, prices have soared, some clubs are wanting ridiculous loan fees for players, I read that a Championship club was quoted £1million pounds for a loan fee (seasons loan) and they’ll have to pay wages as well. Add to that signing a free agent could be a problem if it’s going to take the next 2 months to get up to fitness. Fingers crossed though there is a signing on the horizon.
New Signing..? on 10:09 - Aug 30 with 6892 viewsfitzochris

Yes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New Signing..? on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 6889 viewsfitzochris

No.

New Signing..? on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 6886 viewsfitzochris

Maybe.

New Signing..? on 10:28 - Aug 30 with 6830 viewsAtThePeake

New Signing..? on 10:10 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

Maybe.

I don't know...

Tangled up in blue.

New Signing..? on 10:28 - Aug 30 with 6822 viewsdingdangblue

I reckon he could still do a job

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

New Signing..? on 11:49 - Aug 30 with 6679 viewsLaveritty

What's Paddy up to these days? Could be the signing to bring back the feel good factor like Holty last season when the chips were down? Might still get 10 or 15 mins as an impact sub? Would certainly be entertaining!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

New Signing..? on 12:02 - Aug 30 with 6616 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing..? on 11:49 - Aug 30 by Laveritty

What's Paddy up to these days? Could be the signing to bring back the feel good factor like Holty last season when the chips were down? Might still get 10 or 15 mins as an impact sub? Would certainly be entertaining!

But not what we need.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Signing..? on 12:05 - Aug 30 with 6599 viewsAlwaysADale

Federico Macheda released by Cardiff...

Think he'll take the paycut?
New Signing..? on 12:16 - Aug 30 with 6547 viewsLaveritty

What about departures? Anybody think we will see anyone leaving? At the end of last season I couldn't see Camps still being here in September but after his indifferent in/out start to the campaign compounded by his rash sending off on Saturday I can't see it now!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

New Signing..? on 12:53 - Aug 30 with 6421 viewsfitzochris

There are still a good number of players out there without a club, so there is every chance we will be in talks with one or two.

Bob Harris (not the whisperer) is one such example off the top of my head, although Hill is looking more at the right side of defence.

New Signing..? on 15:17 - Aug 30 with 6138 viewsdale_spotland

New Signing..? on 12:16 - Aug 30 by Laveritty

What about departures? Anybody think we will see anyone leaving? At the end of last season I couldn't see Camps still being here in September but after his indifferent in/out start to the campaign compounded by his rash sending off on Saturday I can't see it now!

I have a feeling (nothing more than that) that we have rejected a bid for Camps.

Hilly's comments about telling Dunphy we have to keep the squad together until January, along with Camps' dads Twitter feed make me think there might be something in it.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 15:18]

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

New Signing..? on 15:46 - Aug 30 with 6051 viewsdingdangblue

New Signing..? on 15:17 - Aug 30 by dale_spotland

I have a feeling (nothing more than that) that we have rejected a bid for Camps.

Hilly's comments about telling Dunphy we have to keep the squad together until January, along with Camps' dads Twitter feed make me think there might be something in it.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 15:18]

There's no chance Camps will be leaving this transfer window. Out of the team and out of form - it would be the worst time for any bids.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

New Signing..? on 20:50 - Aug 30 with 5694 viewsdale_spotland

New Signing..? on 15:46 - Aug 30 by dingdangblue

There's no chance Camps will be leaving this transfer window. Out of the team and out of form - it would be the worst time for any bids.

Maybe both of those are because we rejected a bid?

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

New Signing..? on 21:37 - Aug 30 with 5596 viewsShun

New Signing..? on 10:28 - Aug 30 by AtThePeake

I don't know...

Can you repeat the question?
New Signing..? on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 5537 viewsDySporting

Alfie has gone on loan to Wigan
New Signing..? on 22:21 - Aug 30 with 5477 viewsdingdangblue

Adam Armstrong (Newcastle forward at Cov last season) has gone to Barnsley on loan.

New Signing..? on 22:40 - Aug 30 with 5432 viewsYorkshire_Dale

New Signing..? on 22:21 - Aug 30 by dingdangblue

Adam Armstrong (Newcastle forward at Cov last season) has gone to Barnsley on loan.

Barnsley must have a proper good Loan Aranger, they always seem to get top quality lads who bring plenty to the Team.

........we get Odelusi and Eccleston etc etc.
New Signing..? on 22:43 - Aug 30 with 5421 viewsfitzochris

New Signing..? on 22:40 - Aug 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Barnsley must have a proper good Loan Aranger, they always seem to get top quality lads who bring plenty to the Team.

........we get Odelusi and Eccleston etc etc.

And Jack O'Connell and Chris O'Grady and Adam LeFondre etc etc

New Signing..? on 22:47 - Aug 30 with 5417 viewsdingdangblue

New Signing..? on 22:43 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

And Conrad Logan and Tom Heaton.
I imagine money talks and agents get 'incentives' when deciding where a player goes.

New Signing..? on 22:53 - Aug 30 with 5398 viewsTVOS1907

New Signing..? on 22:43 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

Exactly.

All loan signings are a gamble. I bet Barnsley have had has many duff loans as we have over time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Signing..? on 02:45 - Aug 31 with 5281 viewsRobRAFC23

I can be almost certain their will be no more incomings or outgoings. This club looks like it hasn't got ambition anymore and looks like they ant trying to push for promotion. The players we have brought in, they arnt signings that fill you with confidence and make you think "yeah they can take us to the next step". This club in one way are like Arsenal in the sense that they don't like spending money to sign anyone. All our best players that have left, we have never properly replaced them. I can't even think of the last time we paid money for a player. As a club we just try and do everything on the cheap. We as fans arnt seeing our money being reinvested in our team. Right fair enough possible the stadium takeover, but even that still hasn't been fully confirmed. We haven't got strength in depth, their isn't players on the bench that you think will change this game around. When you bring players in that have been released from lower league, released from the same league or getting free transfers on players that rant even the best in their team in the lower leagues; it never fills you with confidence. 1 times out of 5 if not more this will pay off.
New Signing..? on 07:26 - Aug 31 with 5213 viewsTalkingSutty

New Signing..? on 02:45 - Aug 31 by RobRAFC23

I can be almost certain their will be no more incomings or outgoings. This club looks like it hasn't got ambition anymore and looks like they ant trying to push for promotion. The players we have brought in, they arnt signings that fill you with confidence and make you think "yeah they can take us to the next step". This club in one way are like Arsenal in the sense that they don't like spending money to sign anyone. All our best players that have left, we have never properly replaced them. I can't even think of the last time we paid money for a player. As a club we just try and do everything on the cheap. We as fans arnt seeing our money being reinvested in our team. Right fair enough possible the stadium takeover, but even that still hasn't been fully confirmed. We haven't got strength in depth, their isn't players on the bench that you think will change this game around. When you bring players in that have been released from lower league, released from the same league or getting free transfers on players that rant even the best in their team in the lower leagues; it never fills you with confidence. 1 times out of 5 if not more this will pay off.

You don't have to pay transfer fees though to attract decent footballers and just because we bring loan players or non contract players in doesn't mean we are not paying money for them. Players like Logan and Grant Holt don't come to Rochdale out of the goodness of their heart, we will be paying them decent wages.

Our home support is now starting to creep under 2000, the same level we had when we played in the old Fourth Division, at a time when we are going through our most successful period in the Clubs history so we aren't in a position to start paying out money on transfer fees.I don't think the Crowd has bottomed out yet, without checking, Saturday's figures show a drop of probably 600 fans since our first home game three weeks previous (25% of the fanbase). It's been a running sore for the last few years and poor decisions have made it worse. The new CE is our only hope of coming up with a plan to increase the fanbase, he's the only one with any sort of expertise on the subject.

I agree regarding the quality of some of the players that have been brought to the Club and see it as a backward step but others fans actually rate them which is their perogative obviously. I think the Stadium Takeover is confirmed, isn't it?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 7:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024