Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Home Programmes 17:42 - Oct 14 with 3399 viewsmodelboydave

Whilst at Millwall the other week i got talking to a dale fan about home programmes and how far peoples collections go back. So out of interest who has the longest complete set of Dale home programmes and how far back does your collection go? If your missing 4 or 5 this still counts.

I will start the ball rolling. I have every home programme going back to 85-86 (bar 4)

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:19 - Oct 14 with 3353 viewsSuddenLad

A certain message board user has every home programme going back to the 1960's and some from the 1920's. I once travelled to Ashby-de-la-Zouch with him to collect a Dale v New Brighton programe from 1926.

I doubt there is a collection to match his.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 3332 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:19 - Oct 14 by SuddenLad

A certain message board user has every home programme going back to the 1960's and some from the 1920's. I once travelled to Ashby-de-la-Zouch with him to collect a Dale v New Brighton programe from 1926.

Never thought R17 was that old tbh 👍

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:41 - Oct 14 with 3317 viewsSuddenLad

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:34 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Never thought R17 was that old tbh 👍

Not him.........😉

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:24 - Oct 14 with 3240 viewsdale1968

Currently have baring 16 everyone back to 1960 Then a couple of hundred back to 1925.
My oldest being against donnie rovers April 1925.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:33 - Oct 14 with 3221 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:24 - Oct 14 by dale1968

Currently have baring 16 everyone back to 1960 Then a couple of hundred back to 1925.

Complete H & A to 1955 with incomplete prior to that including some pre war.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:36 - Oct 14 with 3214 viewsTVOS1907

Not sure of figures, but have virtually every one back to 1968/69 and probably about 60% of those from 1958/59 to 68/69.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:06 - Oct 14 with 3119 viewsmodelboydave

So it's looking like 1955.

I always wonder if there is a widow somewhere who has a box of thousands of old dale progs locked in an actic just waiting to be discovered.

I have a long way to go !

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:13 - Oct 14 with 3104 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:06 - Oct 14 by modelboydave

I always wonder if there is a widow somewhere who has a box of thousands of old dale progs locked in an actic just waiting to be discovered.

my wife has threatened to become that person on several occasions.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Home Programmes on 06:57 - Oct 15 with 2974 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

A while back I set up a Facebook group for Rochdale memorabilia collectors. If anyone is interested to join it's here https://www.facebook.com/groups/827009584042739/
Rochdale Home Programmes on 08:27 - Oct 15 with 2930 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:24 - Oct 14 by dale1968

What does that look like physically ? How much room does it take up ?

I've never been a real collector but I used to have the Rochdae v Blackburn semi final and the Rochdale v Norwich final programmes. I swapped for some Charles Buchan Football Monthlies back in the day !
Rochdale Home Programmes on 09:39 - Oct 15 with 2889 viewsdale1968

It is currently in 3 filing cabinets all in blue foolscap folders quite a lot are also in the old official binders we used to do
Today's glossy bulky programmes are so much more difficult to store than those Pre 85 items which were much thinner and smaller.
My really old rare stuff is in a safe.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Rochdale Home Programmes on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 2861 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:06 - Oct 14 by modelboydave

On the widow front, my Gran many years ago, threw out all my Grandad's football programmes when he died in the early 90's.

They included every single 1930's Man Utd home programme - many signed, and several signed programmes from war-time concerts by the likes of Vera Lynn, again all signed.

In the meantime, I've had to work for a living, whilst there's some bin man living it large in Tenerife!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rochdale Home Programmes on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 2861 views100569

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:19 - Oct 14 by SuddenLad

Remember it well Suddenlad. We even took in a Forest match on the way back home Malmo I think in the old European Cup. Virtually every one from 48/49. A healthy collection of War time and a sprinkling of pre war. Already sold some of pre-war as I am not getting any younger and no one to leave the collection to. So it will be broken up eventually. Cant take it with me. I query some of those that claim every one since ? I know some since even the 60`s are extremely rare, including postponed games of which some you can count on two hands of those that exist I can guarantee.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 10:54 - Oct 15 with 2831 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

Rochdale Home Programmes on 10:11 - Oct 15 by 100569

Remember it well Suddenlad. We even took in a Forest match on the way back home Malmo I think in the old European Cup. Virtually every one from 48/49. A healthy collection of War time and a sprinkling of pre war. Already sold some of pre-war as I am not getting any younger and no one to leave the collection to. So it will be broken up eventually. Cant take it with me. I query some of those that claim every one since ? I know some since even the 60`s are extremely rare, including postponed games of which some you can count on two hands of those that exist I can guarantee.

I would be fascinated to know which you consider to be amongst the rarest/hardest to obtain (as I'm sure would a number of collectors on here).
Rochdale Home Programmes on 12:00 - Oct 15 with 2777 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 10:11 - Oct 15 by 100569

the problem with postphoned games is you never know which ever had a programme that saw the light of day. I have many phostphoned games but cannot vouch for a complete set of those for that reason. However I do have complete seasons of games that were played, even though some of them were simply the original posphoned programmes were no new issue was made or in some cases used with an insert.

My rarest I would guess is the 1930s FA Cup game at sutton Town that we lost. i think it was 2-1 and we had a goal disallowed with the lst kick of the game. ref claimed it hadnt crossed the line. Yes refs were blind barstewards even then
Rochdale Home Programmes on 12:12 - Oct 15 with 2764 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale Home Programmes on 12:00 - Oct 15 by pioneer

the problem with postphoned games is you never know which ever had a programme that saw the light of day. I have many phostphoned games but cannot vouch for a complete set of those for that reason. However I do have complete seasons of games that were played, even though some of them were simply the original posphoned programmes were no new issue was made or in some cases used with an insert.

My rarest I would guess is the 1930s FA Cup game at sutton Town that we lost. i think it was 2-1 and we had a goal disallowed with the lst kick of the game. ref claimed it hadnt crossed the line. Yes refs were blind barstewards even then

I think I'd use the old fashioned PP if I were you!

Rochdale Home Programmes on 12:22 - Oct 15 with 2731 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Home Programmes on 09:39 - Oct 15 by dale1968

It is currently in 3 filing cabinets all in blue foolscap folders quite a lot are also in the old official binders we used to do
Today's glossy bulky programmes are so much more difficult to store than those Pre 85 items which were much thinner and smaller.
My really old rare stuff is in a safe.

Wow, three filing cabinets ! Respect.

Have you had your floorboards reinforced ?
Rochdale Home Programmes on 17:40 - Oct 15 with 2622 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Joint collection with my Dad extends back to late 50s with a couple of gaps between 77 and 82. Will get to covering them eventually!

Oldest prog was a recent addition - Chester v Rochdale 26th December 1911. One pager.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:03 - Oct 15 with 2498 viewsmodelboydave

Rochdale Home Programmes on 10:11 - Oct 15 by R17ALE

On the widow front, my Gran many years ago, threw out all my Grandad's football programmes when he died in the early 90's.

They included every single 1930's Man Utd home programme - many signed, and several signed programmes from war-time concerts by the likes of Vera Lynn, again all signed.

In the meantime, I've had to work for a living, whilst there's some bin man living it large in Tenerife!

I'm sure there are thousands of programmers thrown out by unsuspecting women every year.
As I always say about women. They haven't got a clue.

Rochdale Home Programmes on 13:05 - Oct 16 with 2378 viewsDaleView

Not many people know this................but I had 300 Rochdale v Norwich League Cup Final programmes.

Sold them all on the day from the Sandy Lane car park entrance.
Talk about gold slipping through your fingers?
Rochdale Home Programmes on 13:20 - Oct 16 with 2367 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:03 - Oct 15 by modelboydave

I'm sure there are thousands of programmers thrown out by unsuspecting women every year.
As I always say about women. They haven't got a clue.

Oh, I dunno, those IT types can be quite boring...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:41 - Oct 16 with 2238 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale Home Programmes on 13:20 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

Oh, I dunno, those IT types can be quite boring...

Talking of programmes, I was reading the visiting section in yesterday's TVOS. Virtually all of bury's players had words like Everton, Man City, Man United, Crystal Palace, West Brom and so on in the pen pics.

Buy a Rochdale away programme and read the same section and you see words like, Ramsbottom, Free, Youth system, York, Aldershot, Youth system, Cambridge, Bradford.

We both clearly fish in different ponds. I wouldn't swap our pond for their pond for £7m quid!

Rochdale Home Programmes on 17:25 - Oct 17 with 2124 viewsRAFC1970

As anyone got a list of games where a programme was made for the postponed match and the rearranged game??
Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:34 - Oct 17 with 2069 viewsNinco

Yeah, I remember when I was a kid, I arrived home from school to find that my Mum had used one of my 1967 programmes to jot down a telephone number on when she was on the phone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024