Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee 21:55 - Oct 15 with 5898 viewsonedalefan

Thought he was excellent today. Allowed a few initial challenges in a local derby to go to allow the game to flow. After about 15 minutes, started to let the players know that he was in charge. Didn't let anything get out of hand. As it got 'tasty', clamped down on challenges (not our fault that most were from Bury) with an aim of keeping things under control. Kept telling players to get on it with it, warning all about time wasting. Thought how he dealt with the first sending off was a great example of working with the assistants, immediate reaction to the challenge that he dealt with and then (I assume he used the earpiece) allowed help to deal with the afters to follow up with further yellow cards as required.
Referee on 22:05 - Oct 15 with 4514 viewsD_Alien

Agree on all counts

Plus, he made a decision for the penalty which Lund's skill required him to do, and he didn't bottle it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Referee on 22:18 - Oct 15 with 4459 viewsR17ALE

Well said ODF.

I commented earlier that it was a difficult game to ref but he handled it well.

Had he issued cards to some of bury's earlier rash challenges they'd have finished up with about 7 on the park at the end.

Dirty side these buckets these days.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Referee on 22:38 - Oct 15 with 4376 viewsPDIDDY

Ref was good? He fell for the dive, gave a peno, all said you'd of beat us even if you hadn't had 12 men .

Gissa job

Referee on 22:57 - Oct 15 with 4315 viewsnordenblue

Referee on 22:38 - Oct 15 by PDIDDY

Ref was good? He fell for the dive, gave a peno, all said you'd of beat us even if you hadn't had 12 men .

If you jump in on a player running in the box Didds you give the ref a decision to make,its simple.

What about all the other stuff he let go early on when you lot flew into everything,you were lucky to finish with so many players tbf...
Referee on 23:58 - Oct 15 with 4190 viewsColDale

Thought he could have booked three players before the book came out. They did well to finish with nine.
Referee on 00:06 - Oct 16 with 4164 viewsYorkshire_Dale

As if The Pope,The Hope, The Ismail and The Dusty Miller had not done EXACTLY the same as Mr Lund!!.............cuckoo comment Didzz,cuckoooo!
Referee on 03:09 - Oct 16 with 4055 viewsboromat

Referee on 23:58 - Oct 15 by ColDale

Thought he could have booked three players before the book came out. They did well to finish with nine.

There was a red a two yellow card offences in the first 15 minutes think the tread bottling it and if anything made it worse he should of shown cards earlier than he did.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Referee on 11:07 - Oct 16 with 3871 viewsThe_DJ

Watched your shitbags on TV last week and the bookings where there to be seen again.

Ill disciplined overpaid players with big chips on their shoulders.
A disgrace to even a tinpot club like yours.

Is it the Ref''s fault that your 'players' are savages ?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 14:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Referee on 11:24 - Oct 16 with 3817 viewsPDIDDY

Savages, haha get a grip ffs. It's a game of football. The ref has reffed 11 games this season, 52 yellows and 5 reds, not sure if yesterday is included, he was shocking, as were Burys team yet again

Gissa job

Referee on 11:51 - Oct 16 with 3757 views442Dale

Referee on 11:24 - Oct 16 by PDIDDY

Savages, haha get a grip ffs. It's a game of football. The ref has reffed 11 games this season, 52 yellows and 5 reds, not sure if yesterday is included, he was shocking, as were Burys team yet again

He was perfectly ok. Your team was ill disciplined as well as rubbish.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Referee on 13:01 - Oct 16 with 3652 viewsKenBoon

Flitcroft was embarrassing in his Matey FM interview. He read out the referee's yellow and red card stats - which I assume he knew before the game - and used this as some excuse as to why his shower of thugs lost. If he thought the referee was card happy (he wasn't and was incredibly lenient) then why the heck did he send his team out to play like that?

He can hide behind a poor - dive looks better on telly than it did from the stands - penalty decision, but fact is a card happy referee would've had them down to nine men by then, and the game should have been abandoned in about the 85th minute when they'd have been down to six men.

How the hell he can moan about Beech gesticulating on the sidelines but miss all but one of their career ending assaults is beyond me. What a bunch of horrible c u next tuesdays. I hope they go bust.
Referee on 13:16 - Oct 16 with 3628 viewsSuddenLad

The only positive for Flicker yesterday (for me) was the fact that he waited on the touchline to shake the hand of every Dale player and staff leaving the field, long after his own rabble had disappeared down the tunnel.

I can't imagine what the post-match conversation was like in the Bury dressing room. A shameful performance which typifies a troubled club.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Referee on 14:21 - Oct 16 with 3559 viewsThe_DJ

Yes Savages.
Trying to injure young players with dangerous 'tackles'.

bury scum
Referee on 16:27 - Oct 16 with 3407 viewsNafelad

Referee on 11:07 - Oct 16 by The_DJ

Watched your shitbags on TV last week and the bookings where there to be seen again.

Ill disciplined overpaid players with big chips on their shoulders.
A disgrace to even a tinpot club like yours.

Is it the Ref''s fault that your 'players' are savages ?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 14:27]

Can see why the players have not be held on to by their previous clubs!!

Topcat

Referee on 17:52 - Oct 16 with 3292 viewsnordenblue

I'd look closer to home Didds,you were outplayed,out thought and out scored fairly easily too.

If your players concentrated on working for each other and grafting rather than kicking anything that moved you may see an upturn in results.It's hardly surprising with flicker as your gaffer he was full of that and not much else as a player tbf....
Referee on 18:22 - Oct 16 with 3231 viewsDickydaler

Referee on 17:52 - Oct 16 by nordenblue

I'd look closer to home Didds,you were outplayed,out thought and out scored fairly easily too.

If your players concentrated on working for each other and grafting rather than kicking anything that moved you may see an upturn in results.It's hardly surprising with flicker as your gaffer he was full of that and not much else as a player tbf....

They even resorted to kicking their own players at one point in the second half, which brought quite a chuckle to many in the Sandy Lane.
(Sorry, just seen it mentioned in another thread)
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 18:31]
Referee on 21:31 - Oct 17 with 3033 viewsShun

For anyone watching the match tonight, Anthony Taylor is being everything that our referee on Saturday could've been but shouldn't have been. Our referee let a lot of tough tackles go and the game flowed much better as a result. Tonight's game is suffering from a far too whistle-happy referee.
Referee on 22:03 - Oct 17 with 2975 viewsPDIDDY

Referee on 17:52 - Oct 16 by nordenblue

What's new when we travel to spotty, won't catch me arguing NB,I'm not a sore loser , like the craic on here, just a few who think it's all personal, savages, nonces just a couple of things said.... Pathetic

Gissa job

Referee on 22:21 - Oct 17 with 2928 viewsBigKindo

He refereed Newcastle v Norwich a couple of weeks ago. Spoke to a Newcastle supporting friend today. Said the ref had a decent game. Gave Norwich a soft penalty but the replay showed he got it absolutely right. He was far better than some of the officials we have had at Spotland this season.
Referee on 07:29 - Oct 18 with 2792 viewsColDale

Having watched the pitch side cam coverage, I think the ref got the penalty decision spot on. Clear contact from the defender and a million times more of a penalty than the one given against Joe Bunney at Charlton. Was Lund looking for it? Probably no more so than 90% of penalties given these days.
Referee on 08:53 - Oct 18 with 2736 viewsdingdangblue

Still moaning like mad on the bury board, ref cost them the game blah blah blah. Already worried about the ref tonight (A.Haines) and who will be in charge of their tv game v Bolton next Monday. Funny they weren't moaning as much in September winning games and even benefitting from a Swindon disallowed goal that was proved onside afterwards. Bless em.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Referee on 11:21 - Oct 18 with 2648 viewsD_Alien

Referee on 07:29 - Oct 18 by ColDale

Having watched the pitch side cam coverage, I think the ref got the penalty decision spot on. Clear contact from the defender and a million times more of a penalty than the one given against Joe Bunney at Charlton. Was Lund looking for it? Probably no more so than 90% of penalties given these days.

What mystifies me is why people - Daleys - should so readily suggest Lund took a dive

The only reason I can think of is they like to believe that refs are easily conned

Referee on 11:29 - Oct 18 with 2635 viewsdingdangblue

Referee on 11:21 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

What mystifies me is why people - Daleys - should so readily suggest Lund took a dive

The only reason I can think of is they like to believe that refs are easily conned

He did go down too easy, looking for contact where very little - if any - was made. It will happen against us and we'll all be mad - bury may benefit tonight from a soft penalty and they wont complain - Ryan Cresswell got sent off for West Ham at the weekend when he got 2 yellows - one for diving - he was actually caught by the Palace player but also 'looking for it' - on another day he would get the penalty and no yellow. I guess all you can say is you win some and you lose some and on Saturday Dale won. When the incident occurred with Lund - my 1st thought was that the ref was going to book him, if that says anything.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Referee on 11:43 - Oct 18 with 2608 viewsfermin

Referee on 11:21 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

Some of our players do go down a bit easily occasionally, though I think we are better than other teams (being biased), which I don't like generally. However, other teams will get iffy penalties against us (eg Charlton, Millwall) so I am happy to take the ones that come our way, especially against Bury.
Referee on 11:43 - Oct 18 with 2608 viewsD_Alien

Referee on 11:29 - Oct 18 by dingdangblue

He did go down too easy, looking for contact where very little - if any - was made. It will happen against us and we'll all be mad - bury may benefit tonight from a soft penalty and they wont complain - Ryan Cresswell got sent off for West Ham at the weekend when he got 2 yellows - one for diving - he was actually caught by the Palace player but also 'looking for it' - on another day he would get the penalty and no yellow. I guess all you can say is you win some and you lose some and on Saturday Dale won. When the incident occurred with Lund - my 1st thought was that the ref was going to book him, if that says anything.

My first instinct was Lund had skilfully outmanoeuvred the defender, forcing him into contact which I clearly saw, and so did the ref

Any suggestion of a 'dive' - as described by some Daleys - is out of order

It'd have been outrageous for the ref not to award a penalty

Seems the pitchside cam backs this up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024