Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record 13:52 - Nov 8 with 6051 viewsfournil

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/les-ferdinand-insists-best-mate-tim-she
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:16 - Nov 8 with 5962 viewsrobith

I don't think we'll pay enough and we won't have enough to spend. Les and his' relationship pretty irrelevant I reckon. One of my best mates is a hedge fund trader but I don't think that means he'd help invest £20 for me
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:50 - Nov 8 with 5819 viewshighleverhoopL

In any properly run, normal business the fact that Sherwood is Les's best mate would
immediate rule him out - massive conflict of interest plus how could Les manage him properly?

Yes, yes I know its QPR and not a properly run, normal business.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 14:53]
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:53 - Nov 8 with 5794 viewsSimonJames

Sir Les “We are trying to bring in a manager who can get the best out of these players and help them become assets.”

... and there you have it - when has Tactics Tim, with his 56 games worth of experience, demonstrated a long term ability to do that?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:56 - Nov 8 with 5771 viewshighleverhoopL

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:53 - Nov 8 by SimonJames

Sir Les “We are trying to bring in a manager who can get the best out of these players and help them become assets.”

... and there you have it - when has Tactics Tim, with his 56 games worth of experience, demonstrated a long term ability to do that?

Perhaps that is Les making an oblique reference to Sherwood's bringing on of the yoof
at Spurs, in which case it might show which way the wind is blowing?
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:07 - Nov 8 with 5689 viewsPinnerPaul

You have to love journos don't you?

Yesterday it was Sherwood by end of today, now its "someone" in the next 48 hours.

Haven't got a clue basically.
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:14 - Nov 8 with 5624 viewskensalriser

Headline appears essentially to be a lie.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:16 - Nov 8 with 5619 viewsBklynRanger

Oops, wrong thread.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 15:36]
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:18 - Nov 8 with 5608 viewshighleverhoopL

Having re-read the article Les seems to be saying that the club's business model is to buy
unpolished gems, polish them and sell them on. JFH's polishing skills have proved inadequate but Tim has a great record of working with young players - " In terms of what we are trying to do here it seems a good fit"

I reckon its a done deal, the Standard got a bit ahead of the curve so Les has stepped in to calm them down and we are going to be treated to a bit of "theatre" with the interview process to create the illusion of a proper process.

I thought Hoos was better than this.
Login to get fewer ads

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:25 - Nov 8 with 5563 viewsAntti_Heinola

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:50 - Nov 8 by highleverhoopL

In any properly run, normal business the fact that Sherwood is Les's best mate would
immediate rule him out - massive conflict of interest plus how could Les manage him properly?

Really?
In what business are networks and contacts not used to that kind of extent then?
In an ideal world, of course. In reality?
But agree, and great point about Les sort of being his boss. Can't see it happening.

Bare bones.

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:25 - Nov 8 with 5558 viewsdaveB

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:18 - Nov 8 by highleverhoopL

Having re-read the article Les seems to be saying that the club's business model is to buy
unpolished gems, polish them and sell them on. JFH's polishing skills have proved inadequate but Tim has a great record of working with young players - " In terms of what we are trying to do here it seems a good fit"

I reckon its a done deal, the Standard got a bit ahead of the curve so Les has stepped in to calm them down and we are going to be treated to a bit of "theatre" with the interview process to create the illusion of a proper process.

I thought Hoos was better than this.

They are actually interviewing people so would seem a bit odd to go through all that if they already had someone.
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:33 - Nov 8 with 5521 viewshighleverhoopL

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:25 - Nov 8 by daveB

They are actually interviewing people so would seem a bit odd to go through all that if they already had someone.

I was only speculating on the basis of Les's remarks, perhaps "done deal" is a bit strong
but there wouldn't be anything unusual in having a "preferred candidate" whilst still
interviewing others for the sake of completeness.

Reading that I definitely think Tim is Les's preferred candidate.
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:51 - Nov 8 with 5444 viewsCFW

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 14:50 - Nov 8 by highleverhoopL

You are quite right - what other industry would employ people who have been sacked on more than two, three, four or five different occasions for not performing at an acceptable level and still get employed in the same industry!!!

I have in the past employed lots of people - over 60 and I can honestly say I am only now in contact with four of them (one still working for me). First rule never mix business with friends and never employ a mare especially your bests one!!!

It is slightly different employing your mate if the company is owned 100% by you then so what but Sir Les is only employed to do a job therefore if Tim does not perform then it is going to be a problem for Les to tell him goodbye. Sometimes friendship should mean more than a job. Can't tell me Tim is short of a few quid.
Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 16:14 - Nov 8 with 5365 viewsBoston

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:51 - Nov 8 by CFW

You are quite right - what other industry would employ people who have been sacked on more than two, three, four or five different occasions for not performing at an acceptable level and still get employed in the same industry!!!

I have in the past employed lots of people - over 60 and I can honestly say I am only now in contact with four of them (one still working for me). First rule never mix business with friends and never employ a mare especially your bests one!!!

It is slightly different employing your mate if the company is owned 100% by you then so what but Sir Les is only employed to do a job therefore if Tim does not perform then it is going to be a problem for Les to tell him goodbye. Sometimes friendship should mean more than a job. Can't tell me Tim is short of a few quid.

I've employed hundreds. Some think they're my mate, but I'm an capitalist bastard and when it's time for heads to roll....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 16:17 - Nov 8 with 5353 viewshighleverhoopL

Standard backtracking on Sherwood but have got Ferdinand on record on 15:51 - Nov 8 by CFW

Yes, imagine the problem for Les if things go badly (could that possibly happen?)
and he is caught between the Board and his self professed "Best Mate".

As you say, business and friendships don't mix
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024