Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Leonard Cohen 05:19 - Nov 11 with 2323 viewsdownunder

Not everyone's favourite, I am sure, but a writer and performer of some absolute classics.
2016 has been the year of the underdog, and the year we lost many talented performers.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 5:19]
RIP Leonard Cohen on 07:50 - Nov 11 with 2284 viewsmingthemerciless

Obviously a very popular musician with lots of people of all ages. I didn't get it really, not my style.
RIP Leonard Cohen on 14:03 - Nov 11 with 2197 viewsSheffdale

His last two albums have been as good as anything he's ever produced in my view and the collaboration with Patrick Leonard has been very fruitful. The generally sombre tone and whispered hoarse delivery means my wife makes me play it when she's gone to bed - too depressing for her. But Cohen was a man ready to go and "You Want it Darker" the CD released recently contains many references to his anticipated death. "I leaving the table, I'm out of the game.." and a hypnotic refrain from a synagogue choir in the title song, "Hineni (Hebrew for I'm ready), I'm ready Lord". Treaty contains lines to a higher power that I'm sure many can identify with, "I wish there was a treaty between your love and mine". As you might guess I'm a fan...
RIP Leonard Cohen on 14:38 - Nov 11 with 2175 views1mark1

Sad to see another death of a talented artist, been a very bad year for deaths of artists.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

RIP Leonard Cohen on 16:45 - Nov 11 with 2123 viewsD_Dale

Something of an acquired taste, the sort of stuff to listen to after a Dale setback (well, this is primarily a football forum).

But if there had to be a 'popular' Noble prize for literature award, he is a truer poet that Bob Dylan.
RIP Leonard Cohen on 19:08 - Nov 11 with 2081 viewsSuddenLad

Leonard Cohen - Music to slash your wrists to.

So said a prominent DJ. I wouldn't argue.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024