Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Punishment for administration 20:53 - Nov 29 with 4514 viewspnc4eva1

As there is lots of talk of possible administration for several teams it is clear the current punishment is not severe enough to deter cheating of the rules.

Personally I think the team should face automatic relegation from the division they would start next season in.

If they finish bottom of league 1 the should not be allowed to go down to league two and start afresh. They should go down to the conference or whatever it's called. Only a severe punishment will stop get rich charlatans and glory seekers

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Punishment for administration on 21:19 - Nov 29 with 4444 viewsgriff

I think I know what you're talking about. But what about Clubs like us at Carlisle, who paid off the debt at 100 pence in the pound. Not like Leicester who, from memory, paid 11p in the pound, or Leeds, was it 13p? Some Clubs need a month or two and in our case it led to a transfer embargo and the Conference, not to a fresh start and a new stadium. It's not black and white, is it?
Punishment for administration on 21:30 - Nov 29 with 4414 viewsboromat

As a club we could quite easily go into adminstration not through bad management but through a down turn in business or other problems. I think there should be a distinction between clubs that fall into adminstration and clubs that fall into adminstration while also breaking financial fair play rules.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Punishment for administration on 10:02 - Nov 30 with 4159 viewskirbys

It strikes me that the measures currently in place do little in terms of prevention. Liquidation is announced then the punishment is agreed and that does nothing but harm to a club already in deep trouble -in fact it compounds the position.
Surely the FA administrators can come up with an early warning mechanism which relies on them being able to see the books regularly and then get into early discussions about preventing liquidation.
We are all cheesed off with stupid club owners who stretch beyond their means in persuit of glory, this is the root of most financial problems and yet the warning signs appear early enough for the league authorities to act. Finally, the role of supporters trusts should be strengthened so they are empowered to act as custodians of the clubs long term survival and interest. in many countries the works council is chaired by an employee who is legally entitled to stop any director from making a decision which might harm the long term interests of the business - the model exists and is successful.
Punishment for administration on 10:49 - Nov 30 with 4103 viewsaleanddale

Punishment for administration on 21:19 - Nov 29 by griff

I think I know what you're talking about. But what about Clubs like us at Carlisle, who paid off the debt at 100 pence in the pound. Not like Leicester who, from memory, paid 11p in the pound, or Leeds, was it 13p? Some Clubs need a month or two and in our case it led to a transfer embargo and the Conference, not to a fresh start and a new stadium. It's not black and white, is it?

Looking forward to Saturday?

I like carlisle a proper club like us.

Agreed there should be some clear rules set down.

I would go as far as a 2 division relegation from where you would have started the next season.

Hence a club going into admin now and getting relegated would start in conference North.

Something has to stop this blatant chasing of a pipe dream and spending beyond means.
Punishment for administration on 10:59 - Nov 30 with 4080 viewsParkinsGimp

Punishment for administration on 21:19 - Nov 29 by griff

Fair point Griff, Leicester would never have been in the position even to challenge for the Premiership if they had been punished appropriately . They built that stadium in the full knowledge of what they were going to do. Horrible club. Ken Bates did the cynical thing with Leeds as well.
I think most of us on here are looking at our near neighbours who have all transgressed financial fair play rules in the past, Bolton , bury and the Biffos. If Bolton are deducted 10 pts , they would still be above the Dale, now that cant be right!
Hope Jason Kennedy stops scoring for a weekend :-)
Punishment for administration on 11:00 - Nov 30 with 4084 viewsgriff

Aye, I'm looking forward to it. Should be an interesting test for us.
Punishment for administration on 11:09 - Nov 30 with 4067 viewsParkinsGimp

Think it will be a good game pal.
Always liked Carlisle ( except the Simpson years LOL ) Remember them at the top of the old first division, years ago , although very briefly .
Punishment for administration on 11:48 - Nov 30 with 4015 viewsgriff

I was in London that season PG, and managed a few of those away games. We were sat on top of the league after 4 matches but, of course, it didn't last. Heady days though.

Jason Kennedy is scoring for fun at present. However he's rubbish, just like the rest of our squad. Absolutely terrible. There's nobody worth watching with a view to signing them in the window, oh no. Just don't bother. Not worth anyone's time. Berry must be having a fire-sale, surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Punishment for administration on 11:54 - Nov 30 with 4003 viewsD_Alien

Punishment for administration on 11:48 - Nov 30 by griff

I was in London that season PG, and managed a few of those away games. We were sat on top of the league after 4 matches but, of course, it didn't last. Heady days though.

Jason Kennedy is scoring for fun at present. However he's rubbish, just like the rest of our squad. Absolutely terrible. There's nobody worth watching with a view to signing them in the window, oh no. Just don't bother. Not worth anyone's time. Berry must be having a fire-sale, surely?

I like your style

Just to add, we've already signed JK twice, don't think we'll be considering a third look, or any look at your squad, unless you're giving them away

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Punishment for administration on 12:02 - Nov 30 with 3985 viewsgriff

We give NOWT away, they're all worth MILLIONS.

Oh, wait....
Punishment for administration on 12:13 - Nov 30 with 3960 viewsYadHoDale

Pleased that Carlisle are doing well. Like others have said, a proper club with proper fans. Let's hope they decide to concentrate on promotion, rather than the cup :-)

Also pleased for JK and Nicky Adams, two good pros who gave good service to us. And if we happened to need an experienced midfielder or winger, and either were available or not with.a.club, then I suspect both would be on Hillys radar, as known and trusted options. Bit like Joe Thompson, really...
Punishment for administration on 12:18 - Nov 30 with 3946 viewsfitzochris

Punishment for administration on 11:48 - Nov 30 by griff

Just read a great book on Geoff Twentyman, who, of course, went on to become Liverpool's first 'super scout'.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Punishment for administration on 16:49 - Nov 30 with 3764 viewsShun

With regards to the OP, I agree in principle, but the logistics of the idea could prove calamitous. This past week alone the financial woes of Bolton, Bury, Oldham and Chesterfield have all been discussed, as well as the possibility of administration for each. I accept this is a hyperbolic example, but can you imagine the absurdity of two or three teams knowing for certainty in, say, November that the following season they're going to be playing a league or even two below where they currently are. There'd be no incentive for them to try for the rest of the season and it would ruin the integrity of the competition. Of course, financial mismanagement has already done just that but I maintain my point.
Punishment for administration on 17:21 - Nov 30 with 3715 viewsaleanddale

Punishment for administration on 16:49 - Nov 30 by Shun

With regards to the OP, I agree in principle, but the logistics of the idea could prove calamitous. This past week alone the financial woes of Bolton, Bury, Oldham and Chesterfield have all been discussed, as well as the possibility of administration for each. I accept this is a hyperbolic example, but can you imagine the absurdity of two or three teams knowing for certainty in, say, November that the following season they're going to be playing a league or even two below where they currently are. There'd be no incentive for them to try for the rest of the season and it would ruin the integrity of the competition. Of course, financial mismanagement has already done just that but I maintain my point.

I am torn because of course their needs to be both ambition and progression.

The counter of that is it's just not on living and spending beyond your means or ability chasing rainbows.

There needs to be a severe punishment for those not living in the means and taking risks that are not sustainable.

I go to Dale for the 2 hours 3-5 on a Saturday.

I am loving league 1 and what hill and the club are achieving. Long May it continue but if our natural level becomes the conference I still think I would enjoy the football.
Punishment for administration on 20:44 - Nov 30 with 3579 viewsColDale

The lack of teams going into admin in the last few years would suggest the punishment works. Can't remember any teams going into admin for 4 or 5 years.
Punishment for administration on 21:04 - Nov 30 with 3530 viewsmacro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

not a complete list though! missing a team can’t think who...
[Post edited 30 Nov 2016 21:06]
Punishment for administration on 21:10 - Nov 30 with 3521 viewsToffeemanc

Punishment for administration on 20:44 - Nov 30 by ColDale

The lack of teams going into admin in the last few years would suggest the punishment works. Can't remember any teams going into admin for 4 or 5 years.

Coventry the last team to go into administration during the season in March 2013 and deducted 10 points when in league one.
I think Aldershot then went into administration at the end of the same season just after the seasons end having already been relegated from league two. A situation which benefited Dale as we got Peter Vincenti and Ollie Lancashire for free in the summer.

Given the number of teams in league one already struggling financially this season I would be amazed if at least one of them didn't go into administration before the seasons end. Hopefully it will be Bury

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Punishment for administration on 01:14 - Dec 1 with 3430 viewsolympicdale

I think the administration laws are too soft right now. I agree that a relegation from the lower division should be dolled out, especially when you get clubs going into Admin late on in the season, when they all but know relegation is a certainty, and think they can just wipe their arses clean and start a fresh lower down, stricter guidelines please.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024