Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sex Pistols 15:36 - Dec 4 with 4209 viewsdaledaft

Just been reading an article about the Pistols and how it's 40 years since the infamous
Bill Grundy interview.
They were due to do a 19 date tour but all but 3 went ahead due to councils not allowing the performances because of the Grundy show and what they thought might
happen at the venues.

Can anyone remember whether the Pistols were going to play Champness Hall or
was it a myth ?
I seem to vaguely recollect something, though It could be me being a naive teenager listening to BS at the time !

The Sex Pistols on 15:54 - Dec 4 with 4180 views1mark1

Yes they were due to play Champness Hall, but sadly censorship won the day and the gig was cancelled.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

The Sex Pistols on 15:55 - Dec 4 with 4179 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The Sex Pistols on 15:54 - Dec 4 by 1mark1

Yes they were due to play Champness Hall, but sadly censorship won the day and the gig was cancelled.

What gig?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The Sex Pistols on 16:08 - Dec 4 with 4152 viewsfollon

Pistols at Champness was December 1977, It was £1.25 in advance for tickets, I took mine back for the refund and According to a mate who lives in Boston USA, their are 4 tickets in a frame on the wall in the local Hard Rock Cafe.
The Sex Pistols on 16:29 - Dec 4 with 4118 viewsdaledaft

Thanks guys.
The Sex Pistols on 16:59 - Dec 4 with 4078 viewswindowsbug

http://www.philjens.plus.com/pistols/pistols/rochdale77_01.html
The Sex Pistols on 18:12 - Dec 4 with 3995 viewsmingthemerciless

Another no show then. Like the Cubi-Klub and the Rolling Stones. What is it about Rochdale ? Anybody remember Faron's Flamingoes at the Champness Hall ? What a band !
The Sex Pistols on 06:10 - Dec 5 with 3847 viewsSandyman

The Sex Pistols on 16:08 - Dec 4 by follon

Pistols at Champness was December 1977, It was £1.25 in advance for tickets, I took mine back for the refund and According to a mate who lives in Boston USA, their are 4 tickets in a frame on the wall in the local Hard Rock Cafe.

Me too - took my ticket back to Ellen Smiths on Newgate for refund. Wonder what it would be worth now if I'd kept it?
The Sex Pistols on 08:33 - Dec 5 with 3793 viewsfollon

Not sure why they choose Champness Hall, I saw the Bunch of Stiffs tour there in October 77 which included Elvis Costello and Ian Drury and the Blockheads. Middleton Civic had been the venue of choice for punk bands in 77, I saw the Damned The Jam, Ultrvox Adverts and a few more. They should have stuck with that venue and maybe the gig would have gone ahead.
Login to get fewer ads

The Sex Pistols on 10:00 - Dec 5 with 3769 viewsdownunder

The Sex Pistols on 08:33 - Dec 5 by follon

Not sure why they choose Champness Hall, I saw the Bunch of Stiffs tour there in October 77 which included Elvis Costello and Ian Drury and the Blockheads. Middleton Civic had been the venue of choice for punk bands in 77, I saw the Damned The Jam, Ultrvox Adverts and a few more. They should have stuck with that venue and maybe the gig would have gone ahead.

Also at the "stiffs" and Jam gigs.
Also saw Barclay James Harvest at Champness. Good to go a gig that I could get one bus to get there.
The Sex Pistols on 17:36 - Dec 5 with 3660 viewsUSADale

The Sex Pistols on 16:08 - Dec 4 by follon

I assume you're talking about the Boston Hard Rock? If so i'll have to have a look for it, I go in there from time to time but have never really looked closely for anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024