Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody GMR 10:15 - Dec 13 with 8780 viewsR17ALE

This might be me getting the wrong end of the stick, and I don't listen to it often thank God, but whenever I do, it always seems like the Eyre show as though Fred and Steve are matriarchs of the game.

Fred is introduced as the man who has done everything in football. He hasn't. I've read his auto-biography and he's basically done fook all.

Steve is always introduced as the former Rochdale manager who knows everything about the game. He doesn't.

Why can't GMR just be honest with their intros?

Steve should be introduced as a former failed manager of Rochdale who's trained up a few kids at City, and Fred's here because he's cheap and wants to keep himself in the limelight.

Whilst I'm sure everyone is thoroughly pleasant and decent at GMR I just feel they're taking the listeners for mugs.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bloody GMR on 10:21 - Dec 13 with 5159 viewsTVOS1907

They are two people who are ridiculously elevated above the status they deserve.

And one of them will probably read this fairly soon...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bloody GMR on 10:23 - Dec 13 with 5154 viewsParkinsGimp

GMR or "Matey FM " is a bloody joke , always has been. The way they squirm over Milky bar kid in particular is astonishing, when they should be the seekers of truth and justice ...and get the answers out of him for the fans.
Bloody GMR on 10:27 - Dec 13 with 5145 viewsSuddenLad

Couldn't agree more. Fred is at least enetertaining with some of the stories he tells from bygone days, but Steve is no more than a waffle merchant, who talks a good game, has met some influential people and has been sacked from his only managerial job, which rapidly found him out.

I genuinely don't see the reason they rely on him so heavily. I bloody cringe when he is a summariser in a live Dale game, because he always has an opinion contrary to what he sees. I wonder why no other club has taken a punt on him, with his incredible CV.

Jack Dearden is another who seems to 'under appreciate' what he sees at Dale. He should stick to Bolton and stay away from Spotland.

As for 'Cheesy', the less said the better.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bloody GMR on 10:40 - Dec 13 with 5104 viewsdeeplishblue

GMR is ok - give em a break.

However......I agree with the bit about "former Rochdale manager Steve Eyre" - that makes me cringe whenever I hear it. I think that Jimmy Wagg gets 10p from Eyre every time he says it. He has used the proceeds to buy a small timeshare in Portugal.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Bloody GMR on 11:50 - Dec 13 with 4978 viewsD_Alien

Matriarchs!!

Eyre heads

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bloody GMR on 11:58 - Dec 13 with 4961 viewsSandyman

To be fair, Radio Manc gives us a good amount of coverage and the away game commentaries on DAB are useful. However, this obsession with calling Steve Eyre "FRMSE" (as it shall now be known) on almost every occasion his name is mentioned is ridiculous. Especially as he would be a leading contender for worst Dale manager ever. He spent much longer as a City youth team coach so why not call him "former Manchester City youth team coach Steve Eyre" (FMCYTCSE) instead?
Bloody GMR on 12:06 - Dec 13 with 4922 viewsdawlishdale

We get excellent coverage on GMR these days. Compare the coverage now to what it used to be 15 years ago when I started watching Dale. It's so much better today.

Steve Eyre may have been useless when he managed us, but he wasn't backed by the Board (probably due to the fact that they soon realised that he was out of his depth) and he contributed to his own downfall by appointing a useless assistant. Had he been brave enough to appoint someone with experience, it could have worked out better for both parties.
As it is, whenever I hear him speak on GMR, he does so with a good knowledge of the game.

Some older posters on here just like a good moan. If you want to moan; have a free hit at the Observer.
Bloody GMR on 12:10 - Dec 13 with 4903 viewssykeboy

Yes coverage of Dale is more than welcome,but SE talks talks tripe his latest chestnut being Scunthorpe fully deserved their 2 goals
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody GMR on 12:13 - Dec 13 with 4887 viewsjudd

They've seemingly created a whole new genre of story telling.

Eyrie Tales by the Grim Bros (well, father & son perhaps?)

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bloody GMR on 12:16 - Dec 13 with 4866 viewsD_Alien

Bloody GMR on 12:13 - Dec 13 by judd

They've seemingly created a whole new genre of story telling.

Eyrie Tales by the Grim Bros (well, father & son perhaps?)

Come on, Jane Eyre was a classic

[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 12:18]

Bloody GMR on 12:18 - Dec 13 with 4852 viewsjudd

Bloody GMR on 12:16 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

Come on, Jane Eyre was a classic

No idea how much money she had, tbf.

Cheeky edit, edit.

Bloody GMR on 12:23 - Dec 13 with 4803 viewsD_Alien

Bloody GMR on 12:18 - Dec 13 by judd

No idea how much money she had, tbf.

Cheeky edit, edit.

Aye, bloody 'smart'phone...

Bloody GMR on 12:24 - Dec 13 with 4800 viewsTVOS1907

Bloody GMR on 12:06 - Dec 13 by dawlishdale

We get excellent coverage on GMR these days. Compare the coverage now to what it used to be 15 years ago when I started watching Dale. It's so much better today.

Steve Eyre may have been useless when he managed us, but he wasn't backed by the Board (probably due to the fact that they soon realised that he was out of his depth) and he contributed to his own downfall by appointing a useless assistant. Had he been brave enough to appoint someone with experience, it could have worked out better for both parties.
As it is, whenever I hear him speak on GMR, he does so with a good knowledge of the game.

Some older posters on here just like a good moan. If you want to moan; have a free hit at the Observer.

How was he not backed by the board?

Bloody GMR on 13:08 - Dec 13 with 4690 viewsdawlishdale

Bloody GMR on 12:24 - Dec 13 by TVOS1907

How was he not backed by the board?

We sold Chris O Grady after his first league game in charge, and despite identifying plenty of potential replacements, he wasn't allowed to sign any of them due to the Board not wanting to spend money on a transfer fee or large signing on fee.

Thus, we struggled up front.
Bloody GMR on 13:21 - Dec 13 with 4646 viewsTVOS1907

Bloody GMR on 13:08 - Dec 13 by dawlishdale

We sold Chris O Grady after his first league game in charge, and despite identifying plenty of potential replacements, he wasn't allowed to sign any of them due to the Board not wanting to spend money on a transfer fee or large signing on fee.

Other managers have coped when players have left. Which players have been sold under Hill's management, for example.

If I remember correctly, Eyre wanted to sign Shaun Harrad and Jon Parkin, both of which were sanctioned by the board, but they went elsewhere.

He was also allowed to bring in countless other players on loan, none of whom were playing for free.

He was backed just as much as any other manager, if not more.

Bloody GMR on 13:31 - Dec 13 with 4615 viewsmacro

We sold Adam LeFondre 1 game into a season. It happens.

Eyre was so far out of his depth he’d have drowned in a puddle.

Doesn’t it also say a lot that he’s not employed as a coach anywhere at present.
Bloody GMR on 13:39 - Dec 13 with 4587 viewsDaley_Lama

5-4-1

Pim Balkenstein lumping it up to an isolated Ashley Grimes

Dale used 37 players that season. I'm not sure how that equates with not being backed, we were loaning them faster than moneylendinggoons.com

Poll: DF in or out

Bloody GMR on 13:41 - Dec 13 with 4567 viewsrochdaleriddler

Don't listen v much to the Bolton obsessed station, but it's called radio Manchester and has been for years.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bloody GMR on 13:45 - Dec 13 with 4556 views1907

Daniel Bogdanovic & Brett Ormerod
Bloody GMR on 13:52 - Dec 13 with 4530 viewsD_Alien

It's a wild guess, but I'd imagine the terms & conditions of being a manager at Rochdale were covered in the interview, at which he appears to have misled the board about his prior status

[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 13:54]

Bloody GMR on 14:00 - Dec 13 with 4488 viewsjudd

Bloody GMR on 13:52 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

It's a wild guess, but I'd imagine the terms & conditions of being a manager at Rochdale were covered in the interview, at which he appears to have misled the board about his prior status

[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 13:54]

Eyrie Tale of New York Cosmos?

Bloody GMR on 14:02 - Dec 13 with 4483 viewsShun

Bloody GMR on 13:45 - Dec 13 by 1907

I still remember the former's first match for us. It was one of the best debuts I've ever seen and the consensus on here was to immediately extend his loan even further or possibly even sign him permanently.

Those thoughts didn't last long.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 14:14]
Bloody GMR on 14:05 - Dec 13 with 4465 viewsD_Alien

Bloody GMR on 14:00 - Dec 13 by judd

Eyrie Tale of New York Cosmos?

Wuthering depths

Bloody GMR on 14:11 - Dec 13 with 4450 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bloody GMR on 13:45 - Dec 13 by 1907

I think they were Beech's signings tbh.

I agree though that Eyre was out of his depth and was backed by Dale standards.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bloody GMR on 14:21 - Dec 13 with 4407 viewsmacro

Eyre signings according to Soccerbase

Grimes, Tutte, Hackney, Twaddle, Marshall, Lucas - permanent

Darby, Kean, Balkenstein, Barnes Homer, Ball, Benali - Loan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024