Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton Wanderers...... 08:51 - Dec 16 with 2089 viewsDiddyDave

.......losing 800,000 grand a month according to their chairman Ken Anderson. If it keeps going to the end of the season that`s four million and more. How can any football club,or any reasonable sized business survive that? Anderson says he wants to buy the club off Dean Holdsworth,says all the big money players will be gone at the end of the season,the very players that got them relegated in a big way in the first place. So if they get promoted,as is a reasonable assumption,the best players will no longer be there next season,but there`ll obviously be no money to get players in of Championship ability,so they may as well stay where they are.
Bolton Wanderers...... on 08:57 - Dec 16 with 2075 viewsmingthemerciless

That's not sustainable. Nowadays being a millionaire isn't enough, you need very deep pockets indeed to buy into a football club. How Rochdale would have fared without the constant income from transfers and sell ons doesn't really bear thinking about. The gate money alone wouldn't take the club very far.
Bolton Wanderers...... on 12:31 - Dec 16 with 1841 viewsrobbowood

BWFC will most likely get promoted but it will cost millions to stay there - look how Wigan are struggling and they had millions of parachute money to get promotion last season

In Ken Andersons Q & A last Tuesday

7:44pm

Q from fan: You don't seem that concerned about £800k a month [loss] as sustainable. I am worried.

KA: If I wasn't concerned I wouldn't be a prudent businessman. We have a plan. We have now gone nine months when the losses were higher.

Q: Compared with other clubs?

KA: From a playing budget - Walsall/Rochdale five or six times higher. One player earns more than Walsall squad
Bolton Wanderers...... on 14:20 - Dec 16 with 1673 viewselectricblue

I always thought that they bought it off the previous owner and he waved off the millions owed to him or does he still have something in the contract when he sold it on...
Or is this a newly acrued debt since the take over if so its astounding...
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 14:50]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bolton Wanderers...... on 08:01 - Dec 17 with 1429 viewsrochedale

My Bolton supporting mate isn't worried, from him... 'That's all in hand. Chairman opened up to fans on Monday. Soon as he has bought holdsworths shares the investment is there to get rid of this. Can't wait till the summer high earners gone. Some are still on premiership wages... that's what happens when you have a benefactor who suddenly pulls the plug. It's all in hand!! There won't be any administration.'

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Bolton Wanderers...... on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 1282 viewselectricblue

It seems that holdsworth is not their saviour afterall......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024