Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15m hogan 18:00 - Dec 28 with 9634 viewsmodelboydave

According to the football league paper, Brentford won't let Hogan go in Jan unless an offer of 15M comes in.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

15m hogan on 18:14 - Dec 28 with 4509 viewsmodelboydave

And reading have had a 9m pound bid turned down.

15m hogan on 22:28 - Dec 28 with 4039 viewsRoChDaLe

according to a few of the newspapers he's now being looked at by West Ham but 10million is there valuation. It's a no from me!!!! 15million at least in this days market no doubt.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

15m hogan on 22:54 - Dec 28 with 3991 viewsdingdangblue

15m hogan on 22:28 - Dec 28 by RoChDaLe

according to a few of the newspapers he's now being looked at by West Ham but 10million is there valuation. It's a no from me!!!! 15million at least in this days market no doubt.

I think Brentford would be happy with £10 million if they didn't have to give us 20-25% (not sure the exact percentage). I think it will mean they will bump up the price so that the buying club end up covering our cut .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

15m hogan on 08:17 - Dec 29 with 3728 viewsmodelboydave

so IF we did get 3 or 4 million, what would be the club's priority?

buy our own training ground?

15m hogan on 08:46 - Dec 29 with 3659 viewsrochedale

15m hogan on 08:17 - Dec 29 by modelboydave

It surely has to be, along with marketing and reduced ticket prices.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

15m hogan on 08:57 - Dec 29 with 3631 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Paying the mortgage for the stadium?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

15m hogan on 10:19 - Dec 29 with 3464 viewsTVOS1907

Tbh, I'm not sure the club would go for their own training ground. The upkeep, extra staffing and sourcing a location might put it down the list of priorities.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

15m hogan on 10:22 - Dec 29 with 3440 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 10:19 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

Tbh, I'm not sure the club would go for their own training ground. The upkeep, extra staffing and sourcing a location might put it down the list of priorities.

They should invest in a new songwriter so we can sing nice clean ripostes to nasty visiting fans

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

15m hogan on 10:40 - Dec 29 with 3373 viewsBigDaveMyCock

15m hogan on 10:22 - Dec 29 by judd

They should invest in a new songwriter so we can sing nice clean ripostes to nasty visiting fans

Totally agree. I'm finding DAlien's suggested riposte of competitive business rates, affordable housing and good motorway links, to the tune of Sloop John B, a bit tricky if I'm honest. Francis Rossi?

15m hogan on 10:41 - Dec 29 with 3355 viewsflyerdale

Newcastle now being reported in being interested aswell.
15m hogan on 11:00 - Dec 29 with 3283 viewsrochedale

In an ideal world, a training facility that could be utilised by the community to help cover running costs would be the perfect solution. Whether the money received from a Hogan sale would cover the cost of such a project, we can only guess at.

15m hogan on 11:08 - Dec 29 with 3242 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 11:00 - Dec 29 by rochedale

In an ideal world, a training facility that could be utilised by the community to help cover running costs would be the perfect solution. Whether the money received from a Hogan sale would cover the cost of such a project, we can only guess at.

Spot on. I do think the priority, if this windfall happens, would be to pay off the Stadium Co mortgage.

15m hogan on 11:09 - Dec 29 with 3234 viewsColDale

15m hogan on 11:00 - Dec 29 by rochedale

I doubt we'd be talking about needing to build a new bespoke training facility. There are others on here who are much more informed, but we have an excellent relationship with Rochdale Cricket Club and use their facilities. I'd have thought there was potential there for investment to upgrade what they have there - maybe the addition of a 3G pitch.
15m hogan on 11:11 - Dec 29 with 3227 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 10:40 - Dec 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Totally agree. I'm finding DAlien's suggested riposte of competitive business rates, affordable housing and good motorway links, to the tune of Sloop John B, a bit tricky if I'm honest. Francis Rossi?

Town full of socio anthropologists
We're just a town full of socio anthropologists

15m hogan on 11:18 - Dec 29 with 3192 viewsrochedale

15m hogan on 11:09 - Dec 29 by ColDale

I doubt we'd be talking about needing to build a new bespoke training facility. There are others on here who are much more informed, but we have an excellent relationship with Rochdale Cricket Club and use their facilities. I'd have thought there was potential there for investment to upgrade what they have there - maybe the addition of a 3G pitch.

You're clearly more informed than I am. If there's scope to improve/add facilities to the cricket club then you'd think that'd be the winner!

15m hogan on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 3185 viewsBigDaveMyCock

15m hogan on 11:11 - Dec 29 by judd

Town full of socio anthropologists
We're just a town full of socio anthropologists

You're going home in a fooking......intergrated, well-funded public transport system.

15m hogan on 11:22 - Dec 29 with 3182 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 11:18 - Dec 29 by rochedale

You're clearly more informed than I am. If there's scope to improve/add facilities to the cricket club then you'd think that'd be the winner!

Not sure there's any more land available there. The team train on the lacrosse pitches and the club has invested in their upkeep.

15m hogan on 12:29 - Dec 29 with 3017 viewsfitzochris

15m hogan on 11:22 - Dec 29 by judd

Not sure there's any more land available there. The team train on the lacrosse pitches and the club has invested in their upkeep.

If Hogan is sold for the figures quoted, I totally agree that establishing a permanent training facility, whether owned or otherwise, would be a fantastic move. The lack of one has been a major gripe of managers and players as long as I've supported Dale.

Paying off the mortgage on the stadium would also be a great use of the money (depending on how much Hogan goes for, could we do both?). The minute that's done, the whole reason for purchasing the stadium begins - creating revenue soely for the club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

15m hogan on 12:35 - Dec 29 with 2991 viewsSaxonDale

Put it all on Dawson first/last goalscorer.
15m hogan on 12:49 - Dec 29 with 2955 viewselectricblue

Surely buying the ground would take priority instead on a 9yr deal at £60k a yr....
That £60k a year can be banked and earmarked for future projects..

A Training ground is a good idea but where and at what cost !

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

15m hogan on 13:25 - Dec 29 with 2825 viewsBigKindo

15m hogan on 12:49 - Dec 29 by electricblue

Surely buying the ground would take priority instead on a 9yr deal at £60k a yr....
That £60k a year can be banked and earmarked for future projects..

A Training ground is a good idea but where and at what cost !

in times of low interest rates spare capital should be used to pay off debt
15m hogan on 13:52 - Dec 29 with 2743 views49thseason

15m hogan on 11:09 - Dec 29 by ColDale

The relationship between the club and the Cricket lacrosse and Squash club has been improving over the last few seasons and in many respects, this may be the time for a more formal agreement to be put in place.

The actual club-house has been problematic for a number of years with a history of poor management which has resulted in virtually no income for the playing teams. As time goes on, the lack of investment is slowly beginning to show in the club's furniture and fittings which are in need of refurbishment to enable them to be used by a wider range of outside agencies. Unfortunately, the income stream from drinkers has followed the national pattern and decreased markedly over the years.

On the bright side, the Lacrosse pitches are in excellent condition thanks to the football club and indeed, both Lacrosse and cricket are, I believe, in good health as far as members are concerned with increasing numbers of junior players. I admit, I have no idea how well used the squash facilities are.

The opportunity for the CL&S club and RAFC is to build on the current goodwill and develop the whole complex, perhaps based on the creation of a jointly-held, not-for-profit management company. There is land on the site that could be used for an additional pitch, built to a suitable standard for Academy games, or a 4G surface (possibly from Lottery money if available for community use). A further area could be added by including St Clements football club into the deal.

A cosmetic upgrade to the club-house and the development of in-house catering together with improved changing facilities is a priority. ultimately the facility could be used by RAFC during the week and in the evenings and weekends by the amateur players. The development of the hospitality facilities and bars would enable the complex to be self-sustaining.

From the RAFC perspective, the facility is close to the COA and has kitchen and dining facilities for players lunches etc. it would require little extra in terms of management time and would be much less costly than starting from scratch. The involvement of local amateur clubs might make grants more accessible for further upgrades.

This is surely an idea that deserves more consideration.
15m hogan on 13:56 - Dec 29 with 2726 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 13:52 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

The relationship between the club and the Cricket lacrosse and Squash club has been improving over the last few seasons and in many respects, this may be the time for a more formal agreement to be put in place.

The actual club-house has been problematic for a number of years with a history of poor management which has resulted in virtually no income for the playing teams. As time goes on, the lack of investment is slowly beginning to show in the club's furniture and fittings which are in need of refurbishment to enable them to be used by a wider range of outside agencies. Unfortunately, the income stream from drinkers has followed the national pattern and decreased markedly over the years.

On the bright side, the Lacrosse pitches are in excellent condition thanks to the football club and indeed, both Lacrosse and cricket are, I believe, in good health as far as members are concerned with increasing numbers of junior players. I admit, I have no idea how well used the squash facilities are.

The opportunity for the CL&S club and RAFC is to build on the current goodwill and develop the whole complex, perhaps based on the creation of a jointly-held, not-for-profit management company. There is land on the site that could be used for an additional pitch, built to a suitable standard for Academy games, or a 4G surface (possibly from Lottery money if available for community use). A further area could be added by including St Clements football club into the deal.

A cosmetic upgrade to the club-house and the development of in-house catering together with improved changing facilities is a priority. ultimately the facility could be used by RAFC during the week and in the evenings and weekends by the amateur players. The development of the hospitality facilities and bars would enable the complex to be self-sustaining.

From the RAFC perspective, the facility is close to the COA and has kitchen and dining facilities for players lunches etc. it would require little extra in terms of management time and would be much less costly than starting from scratch. The involvement of local amateur clubs might make grants more accessible for further upgrades.

Brilliant thoughts.

15m hogan on 14:55 - Dec 29 with 2593 viewselectricblue

15m hogan on 13:52 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

Wonder if the club see that the same way as its an excellent idea and benefits all parties...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

15m hogan on 15:28 - Dec 29 with 2505 viewsBendy

I get the impression that training facilities are not that desperate any more as they how've a tie in with Manchester Met to use the Platt Lane facilities which the uni took over Man City's academy when they were moved back to the Etidhad campus when the new facilities were built there.

I don't know if we use that place every day to train, but perhaps we could be in a position to own it outright as it has all the bits on site that we would need I would guess, although I think the Manchester FA has bases there as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024