Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21 years ago today... 09:40 - Jan 6 with 3931 viewsmodelboydave

We had our last big away FA cup tie at Anfield.

Hard to believe its 21 years ago. Lets hope we are due a big FA cup away day soon.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

21 years ago today... on 10:11 - Jan 6 with 3029 viewsChaffRAFC

My first away game that. Me, my Dad and my brother went to that. Got absolutely hammered.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

21 years ago today... on 10:12 - Jan 6 with 3027 viewsdingdangblue

If only we'd got to half time 1-0 down. Those 2nd and 3rd goals right on ht killed us.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

21 years ago today... on 10:32 - Jan 6 with 2983 viewsChaffRAFC

First three goals are keeper error. Every one of them should be saved.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

21 years ago today... on 10:40 - Jan 6 with 2953 viewsmikehunt

Felt sorry for our keeper (whatsisname) His confidence was shot. He was playing after having had that depressed fracture to his skull. Received when he got a kick at Blackpool. He had earned the right to play in the match but you could see he no longer had the courage to dive at feet. Such a shame as I thought he was a decent keeper. But why did no one think of letting him wear the safety cap like Pete Cech?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

21 years ago today... on 10:44 - Jan 6 with 2929 viewsTVOS1907

21 years ago today... on 10:40 - Jan 6 by mikehunt

Felt sorry for our keeper (whatsisname) His confidence was shot. He was playing after having had that depressed fracture to his skull. Received when he got a kick at Blackpool. He had earned the right to play in the match but you could see he no longer had the courage to dive at feet. Such a shame as I thought he was a decent keeper. But why did no one think of letting him wear the safety cap like Pete Cech?

Chris Clarke

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

21 years ago today... on 10:55 - Jan 6 with 2877 viewsClivert

21 years ago today... on 10:40 - Jan 6 by mikehunt

If Ian Gray would have been fit to play in goal that day then I'm pretty sure that the scoreline would have been a lot more respectable.
21 years ago today... on 11:14 - Jan 6 with 2825 viewsmodelboydave

and of course there was a very embarrassing incident involving a certain Mr Shaw.
who remember's?

21 years ago today... on 12:31 - Jan 6 with 2726 viewsColDale

21 years ago today... on 11:14 - Jan 6 by modelboydave

and of course there was a very embarrassing incident involving a certain Mr Shaw.
who remember's?

Unfortunately that's my abiding memory of the whole day
Login to get fewer ads

21 years ago today... on 12:42 - Jan 6 with 2692 viewsFrog

My first and only trip to Anfield, think we'd give them a good game now.
21 years ago today... on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 2681 viewsboromat

21 years ago today... on 10:55 - Jan 6 by Clivert

If Ian Gray would have been fit to play in goal that day then I'm pretty sure that the scoreline would have been a lot more respectable.

Always liked Ian Gray as a keeper and he rarely gets a mention now with all the decent keepers we've had.

I don't think this was my first away game that was either Halifax or Macclesfield but it was my first experience of a big stadium atmosphere I will have been 8 at the time so don't remember an awful lot apart from incredible squad Liverpool had at the time and that we stood no chance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

21 years ago today... on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 2642 viewsbatfink

Was such a disappointing performance, especially after we'd beat Darlington at Feethams on that blody cold Tuesday night to get there.
21 years ago today... on 12:57 - Jan 6 with 2640 views100notout

21 years ago today... on 11:14 - Jan 6 by modelboydave

who remember's?

You'll have to remind those of us with memories like sieves.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

21 years ago today... on 13:00 - Jan 6 with 2630 viewsBeckWMG

Can't believe it was 21 year ago, scary.

Sure Ian Rush broke the all time Fa Cup goalscoring record in that game against us? Don't know if anyone can confirm that or not out of interest.

Did it finish 7-0?
21 years ago today... on 13:02 - Jan 6 with 2622 viewsmoth5368

21 years ago today... on 13:00 - Jan 6 by BeckWMG

Can't believe it was 21 year ago, scary.

Sure Ian Rush broke the all time Fa Cup goalscoring record in that game against us? Don't know if anyone can confirm that or not out of interest.

Did it finish 7-0?

He certainly did although I don't know if the record still stands.
21 years ago today... on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 2612 viewsjudd

21 years ago today... on 12:57 - Jan 6 by 100notout

You'll have to remind those of us with memories like sieves.

Whistle went to stop play and Shaw decided to lob or blast the ball into an unguarded net from 30 yards then celebrate like he'd popped his cherry.

Poll: What is it to be then?

21 years ago today... on 13:08 - Jan 6 with 2596 viewseitoof

That was the season Kevin Pilkington was on loan - was he at Dale at the time of the Anfield game?
21 years ago today... on 14:15 - Jan 6 with 2461 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

According to the club accounts we were still paying off the 235 coaches Steve Walmsley ordered in 2007 🤣
21 years ago today... on 14:59 - Jan 6 with 2401 viewschaff_in_eb

My underlying memory of this game was watching the teams come out and looking at the size of Liverpool team thinking "this is going to be Men against Boys".
And so it proved to be.
They looked huge and much fitter compared to us.
21 years ago today... on 15:17 - Jan 6 with 2361 viewswroughtironron

I managed to get tickets in the Liverpool Stand (my missus had a relative who was a Liverpool steward) - first and only time at Anfield, and we got tonked.
I agree that Ian Gray was an excellent keeper - fond memories, and then along came Taffy....
21 years ago today... on 17:55 - Jan 6 with 2205 views100notout

21 years ago today... on 13:04 - Jan 6 by judd

Whistle went to stop play and Shaw decided to lob or blast the ball into an unguarded net from 30 yards then celebrate like he'd popped his cherry.

cheers

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

21 years ago today... on 18:26 - Jan 6 with 2160 viewsmodelboydave

21 years ago today... on 10:12 - Jan 6 by dingdangblue

If only we'd got to half time 1-0 down. Those 2nd and 3rd goals right on ht killed us.

Lots of empty seats.
What was the attendance?

Bet it would be a full house if played now

21 years ago today... on 18:42 - Jan 6 with 2129 viewsdingdangblue

21 years ago today... on 18:26 - Jan 6 by modelboydave

Lots of empty seats.
What was the attendance?

Bet it would be a full house if played now

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

21 years ago today... on 18:46 - Jan 6 with 2103 viewsBillie

21 years ago today... on 12:56 - Jan 6 by batfink

Was such a disappointing performance, especially after we'd beat Darlington at Feethams on that blody cold Tuesday night to get there.

Did you manage to go anywhere without robbin'?
21 years ago today... on 18:52 - Jan 6 with 2084 viewsDevonDale

21 years ago today... on 18:42 - Jan 6 by dingdangblue

That's a few more than when we played there in 1989 against Marine in the FA Cup. The stands were empty that day - rather surreal playing in front of a totally empty Kop.
21 years ago today... on 20:19 - Jan 6 with 2011 viewsmodelboydave

21 years ago today... on 18:52 - Jan 6 by DevonDale

That's a few more than when we played there in 1989 against Marine in the FA Cup. The stands were empty that day - rather surreal playing in front of a totally empty Kop.

That was a good day out too. Remember parking on Stanley park and walking to the away end.
I was dissapointed the programmer was not a glossy a field review rather than a 50p none league job. Was played on the same night as children in need I seem to remember.

Kevin stonehouse scored the winner at the anfield road end

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024