Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan - £15m or no deal? 21:13 - Jan 10 with 4861 views49thseason

The Hammers have had a £12.5m bid rejected. Brentford apparently holding out for the full £15m valuation they have set.

Will Hogan ever join the pantheon of former Rochdale strikers* to grace the Claret and Blue of West Ham?
* David Cross and Alan Taylor

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/10/west-ham-united-scott-hogan-bre
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:27 - Jan 10 with 4626 viewsJimlidale

Starting to think chickens have been counted a little too early.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:44 - Jan 10 with 4540 viewsTVOS1907

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:27 - Jan 10 by Jimlidale

Starting to think chickens have been counted a little too early.

It's only 10th January.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:50 - Jan 10 with 4490 viewsAussieDale

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:44 - Jan 10 by TVOS1907

It's only 10th January.

Any chance West Ham might be putting pressure on Rochdale to reduce their percentage as a way of finalising this deal ?
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:50 - Jan 10 with 4487 viewsmacro

Lots of paper talk as well.

It’d be interesting what percentage of these stories (not just the Hogan one) actually end up happening.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:51 - Jan 10 with 4487 viewsJimlidale

It's only 10th January.

Yes true
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:54 - Jan 10 with 4453 viewsJimlidale

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:50 - Jan 10 by AussieDale

Any chance West Ham might be putting pressure on Rochdale to reduce their percentage as a way of finalising this deal ?

Would the board accept say 50% now maybe then 25% in year 2 and 3. I mean of the cut of the transfer. Alternatively could they reduce the percentage but add it to any West Ham might receive in the future
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:16 - Jan 10 with 4366 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:54 - Jan 10 by Jimlidale

Would the board accept say 50% now maybe then 25% in year 2 and 3. I mean of the cut of the transfer. Alternatively could they reduce the percentage but add it to any West Ham might receive in the future

I dont think we'll get it all in one lump sum anyway. A lot of these transfers aren't paid upfront so we'll only get out cut when Brentford get theirs. It'll most probably be in 2 or 3 installments - which isn't a bad thing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:21 - Jan 10 with 4336 viewsmacro

Hogan’s injured at the moment which could also slow things up
Login to get fewer ads

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:50 - Jan 10 with 4261 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 22:50 - Jan 10 by AussieDale

It does seem like the amount of money West Ham are short of offering is equivalent of our cut. Brentford obviously want West Ham to cover our percentage rather than them lose it from what they probably really think Hogan is worth. Lets face it the £12.5 million reportedly offered by West Ham is easily sufficient to buy a very good Championship striker. Will be interesting what happens next!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:50 - Jan 10 with 4260 viewsdownunder

West Ham play Crystal Palace and Midllesborough before the window closes. If they fail to score goals in those games, they will be more desperate to do something to correct the situation. Not often I look for Prem games results, but I will be checking those.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:56 - Jan 10 with 4245 viewscon_dale

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:21 - Jan 10 by macro

Hogan’s injured at the moment which could also slow things up

Is he? Or was he just left out so he wasn't cup tied?
I know they new West Ham are out but they are not the only team looking to sign him.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 00:09 - Jan 11 with 4217 viewsmacro

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:56 - Jan 10 by con_dale

I know they new West Ham are out but they are not the only team looking to sign him.

That’s what was reported anyway.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 00:10 - Jan 11 with 4213 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 23:56 - Jan 10 by con_dale

I'm pretty sure it was an injury he could have played with had they wanted him to. The other thing is - the longer this drags on the worse state of mind Scott is going to be in. I know when Peterborough were after him at Dale he didn't score a league goal in Jan. Brentford play Newcastle on Saturday!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 0:16]

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 07:07 - Jan 11 with 3908 viewsrichfoad32

I'm not sure how much of a position Brentford are in to play hardball though. They can make all the right noises about holding out for the full valuation and keeping Scott for a promotion push if it's not met but realistically they're a mid-table Championship side at best and if Hogan wants to play in the Premiership as stated, then they'll cash in rather than hold on to a potentially disgruntled player. West Ham (according to paper talk) appear to be the only team to have bid anywhere near Brentford's valuation, I think a deal will be done eventually after a bit more posturing from the Bees.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 07:33 - Jan 11 with 3832 viewsrochedale

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 07:07 - Jan 11 by richfoad32

I'm not sure how much of a position Brentford are in to play hardball though. They can make all the right noises about holding out for the full valuation and keeping Scott for a promotion push if it's not met but realistically they're a mid-table Championship side at best and if Hogan wants to play in the Premiership as stated, then they'll cash in rather than hold on to a potentially disgruntled player. West Ham (according to paper talk) appear to be the only team to have bid anywhere near Brentford's valuation, I think a deal will be done eventually after a bit more posturing from the Bees.

I think West Ham will state their next offer will be their 4th and final and will come in at £13m, which is an excellent offer for SH, let's hope an offer gets excepted soon as there doesn't seem to be much interest elsewhere offering over £10m.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 07:40 - Jan 11 with 3807 viewsRowZ

Very early reports stated that RB Leipzig offered 15m. I reckon Brentford received that offer, but Scott's preference is West Ham/Prem... Therefore Brentford holding out for 15m to match offer from Germany
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 08:12 - Jan 11 with 3682 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 07:33 - Jan 11 by rochedale

I think West Ham will state their next offer will be their 4th and final and will come in at £13m, which is an excellent offer for SH, let's hope an offer gets excepted soon as there doesn't seem to be much interest elsewhere offering over £10m.

That newspaper report says Brentford aren't happy with the structure of the fee. I imagine the £12.5 million West Ham have offered is not a full fee but based on appearances / goals / success. Its a tricky one because the more it drags out the worse it is for Hogan's state of mind. Its a staggering amount of money either way if you look at Hogan only have started less than 60 league starts in his career for both Rochdale / Brentford - his goal record of just short of 40 is phenomenal though.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52994
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 8:14]

Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 10:33 - Jan 11 with 3233 viewsmidlandsdale

It's only 10th January.

Spot on. In terms of negotiations, there is no rush for Brentford and they hold all the cards. As we all know its a totally different story in the last few days or even hours. Much more to come on this one yet I'm sure.
Hogan - £15m or no deal? on 10:48 - Jan 11 with 3156 viewselectricblue

You cannot blame brentford for holding out fot the whole £15m...
Hogan as 18mths still upon his contract so basically brentford wont be in a rush to sell him unless they have their eyes upon a replacement..

Unless WHU offer £13m plus addons to make the £15m over 4 or 5 seasons as i cant see WHU offering a contract less than 3 1/2 years...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024