Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Discuss... 21:23 - Jan 19 with 10336 viewsMoonyDale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/matchday-drummer-wanted-35

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Discuss... on 21:26 - Jan 19 with 7197 viewsDaley_Lama

It's not a discuss, it's a cymbal.

Poll: DF in or out

Discuss... on 22:06 - Jan 19 with 7112 viewspnc4eva1

Will anyone be snared into volunteering

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Discuss... on 22:34 - Jan 19 with 7055 viewsmacro

As far as I’m concerned the drum can be shoved up someones arse sideways. Tinpot
Discuss... on 23:07 - Jan 19 with 6983 viewsDaleiLama

Discuss... on 22:34 - Jan 19 by macro

As far as I’m concerned the drum can be shoved up someones arse sideways. Tinpot

Timpani.n the arse?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Discuss... on 23:45 - Jan 19 with 6923 viewsD_Alien

Less discussion, more percussion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Discuss... on 23:51 - Jan 19 with 6909 viewsdownunder

Discuss... on 23:45 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Less discussion, more percussion

Try it out and just roll with it.
Discuss... on 00:07 - Jan 20 with 6892 viewsD_Alien

Discuss... on 23:51 - Jan 19 by downunder

Try it out and just roll with it.

I'll try to pedal that but I might get some stick

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Discuss... on 07:07 - Jan 20 with 6746 viewsrochedale

Never mind a drummer, I would just prefer more comfortable seats, maybe with extra padding, I would certainly pay an extra £1 per cushion.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Discuss... on 07:38 - Jan 20 with 6709 views1907

Discuss... on 22:34 - Jan 19 by macro

Personally I would describe the current atmosphere in the ground during games as more tin pot. Anything that can add to the atmosphere and keep the kids entertained is a positive thing. We have to look at this from a broader perspective.
Discuss... on 08:04 - Jan 20 with 6655 viewsmacro

Discuss... on 07:38 - Jan 20 by 1907

Personally I would describe the current atmosphere in the ground during games as more tin pot. Anything that can add to the atmosphere and keep the kids entertained is a positive thing. We have to look at this from a broader perspective.

I agree the atmosphere could be better but a drum is not the answer to keeping kids entertained. Firstly there’s the football on the pitch then anything but a bloody drum. I know that supporters who watch near where it’s been situated don’t want it either.
Discuss... on 08:59 - Jan 20 with 6593 viewsSandyDrum

One of the multitude of reasons I stopped doing it is due to threats of physical violence outside the ground from some fans who didn't want the drum so good luck to whoever takes over the reins!

Hopefully now the club have advertised that it is their idea and not just some random guy walking into the ground with a drum these people might be a little more forgiving.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Discuss... on 09:41 - Jan 20 with 6524 viewsDaley_Lama

Discuss... on 07:07 - Jan 20 by rochedale

Never mind a drummer, I would just prefer more comfortable seats, maybe with extra padding, I would certainly pay an extra £1 per cushion.

Such seats exist at the top of the mainstand, below the bar area.

Exceedingly comfortable, unless you are over 4' 6" and have 2 legs.

Poll: DF in or out

Discuss... on 10:00 - Jan 20 with 6490 viewsnordenblue

Discuss... on 08:59 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

One of the multitude of reasons I stopped doing it is due to threats of physical violence outside the ground from some fans who didn't want the drum so good luck to whoever takes over the reins!

Hopefully now the club have advertised that it is their idea and not just some random guy walking into the ground with a drum these people might be a little more forgiving.

What and you believe most fans come to the football to listen to that all fooking game and go home with a headache,not for me thanks stick the whole idea firmly up your back passage....... leave it for crappy little places like Accy to do thanks.
Discuss... on 10:02 - Jan 20 with 6487 viewsDaleFan7

No thanks.
Discuss... on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 6456 viewsRosun

Keith Moon?
Discuss... on 10:18 - Jan 20 with 6456 viewsSandyDrum

Discuss... on 10:00 - Jan 20 by nordenblue

What and you believe most fans come to the football to listen to that all fooking game and go home with a headache,not for me thanks stick the whole idea firmly up your back passage....... leave it for crappy little places like Accy to do thanks.

Excuse me? Please point out exactly in my comment where I said anything like that.

Unless you're the guy that came up to me outside the ground threatening to knock me out for banging a drum then that's a pretty uncalled for comment.

I was approached by the club to do it to try and help improve the atmosphere, I agreed to do it.

I was threatened outside the ground and was sent abusive messages in return.

The reason I stopped was because I wanted to enjoy the football again, so no I don't think ' most fans come to the football to listen to that all fooking game and go home with a headache'.

Thanks.

Discuss... on 10:21 - Jan 20 with 6446 viewsMoonyDale

Discuss... on 08:59 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

The only time a drum should be seen in the ground is when it's being worn round the neck after someone places it gently over the drummers head and pushes down firmly....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Discuss... on 10:29 - Jan 20 with 6427 viewsSandyDrum

Discuss... on 10:21 - Jan 20 by MoonyDale

The only time a drum should be seen in the ground is when it's being worn round the neck after someone places it gently over the drummers head and pushes down firmly....

Discuss... on 10:44 - Jan 20 with 6400 viewsrochdaleriddler

Discuss... on 10:00 - Jan 20 by nordenblue

Uncalled for abuse, you could have just said you weren't in favour of it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Discuss... on 10:46 - Jan 20 with 6392 viewsrod_leach

Discuss... on 10:18 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

Excuse me? Please point out exactly in my comment where I said anything like that.

Unless you're the guy that came up to me outside the ground threatening to knock me out for banging a drum then that's a pretty uncalled for comment.

I was approached by the club to do it to try and help improve the atmosphere, I agreed to do it.

I was threatened outside the ground and was sent abusive messages in return.

The reason I stopped was because I wanted to enjoy the football again, so no I don't think ' most fans come to the football to listen to that all fooking game and go home with a headache'.

Thanks.

Did you make the club aware of this threat?
I'm surprised that they are advertising for another drummer if so.
Discuss... on 10:48 - Jan 20 with 6374 viewsrochdaleriddler

Discuss... on 10:46 - Jan 20 by rod_leach

The club should have announced that there was to be a drummer, that maybe would have ensured any abuse could be directed to the chief executive and not sandydrum.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Discuss... on 10:50 - Jan 20 with 6361 viewsrochdaleriddler

Discuss... on 10:21 - Jan 20 by MoonyDale

💩🤐

Discuss... on 10:54 - Jan 20 with 6351 viewsSandyDrum

Discuss... on 10:46 - Jan 20 by rod_leach

Yes and the club were great with me throughout.

Absolutely no qualms with the club and now it is being done properly and advertised through the website and social media I can see whoever doing it next going down as a success!

Discuss... on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 6216 viewswindowsbug

Discuss... on 07:07 - Jan 20 by rochedale

Take your own...
Discuss... on 12:59 - Jan 20 with 6205 viewsmacro

Discuss... on 10:54 - Jan 20 by SandyDrum

Yes and the club were great with me throughout.

Absolutely no qualms with the club and now it is being done properly and advertised through the website and social media I can see whoever doing it next going down as a success!

Very sorry to hear you received abuse. No need for it. Don't like the idea of a drum but you were trying to improve the atmosphere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024