Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stand by ............................. 09:55 - Jan 25 with 7543 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stand by ............................. on 10:03 - Jan 25 with 6131 viewsSuddenLad

Joel Taylor from Stoke City

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stand by ............................. on 10:03 - Jan 25 with 6128 viewsDaleiLama

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/dale-complete-the-loan-signing

Stand by ............................. on 10:03 - Jan 25 with 6118 views1907

Young left back from Stoke. Seems Hill also agreed with the criticism re Tanser. Probably the end of the road for him now. Sounds like this lad has good pedigree.
Stand by ............................. on 10:08 - Jan 25 with 6073 viewsdingdangblue

U21 player of the year. Should be able to play Saturday as Stoke are out of the cup.

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-joel-taylor-8216-attributes-8217-break/s

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stand by ............................. on 10:16 - Jan 25 with 6008 views100notout

I like that he's been training with us already for a couple of days - Hilly must like what he sees and I expect him to be in the starting line up on Saturday and fully versed on what others around him can / should / will do

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Stand by ............................. on 10:18 - Jan 25 with 5987 viewsfirgrovedale51

Sounds like a good signing but just wondering if he has signed until the end of the season what happens to Joe Bunney when he is fit again?
Stand by ............................. on 10:27 - Jan 25 with 5935 views1907

Stand by ............................. on 10:18 - Jan 25 by firgrovedale51

Sounds like a good signing but just wondering if he has signed until the end of the season what happens to Joe Bunney when he is fit again?

Also states he is a LW
Stand by ............................. on 10:36 - Jan 25 with 5880 viewsdingdangblue

He was named in Stoke's match day squad v Sunderland.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Stand by ............................. on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 5859 viewsrochdaleriddler

Stand by ............................. on 10:03 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

Joel Taylor from Stoke City

Good news

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stand by ............................. on 10:59 - Jan 25 with 5746 views1907

Getting heaps of praise from Stoke fans on twitter
Stand by ............................. on 11:48 - Jan 25 with 5562 viewsDaleiLama

Stand by ............................. on 10:03 - Jan 25 by 1907

Young left back from Stoke. Seems Hill also agreed with the criticism re Tanser. Probably the end of the road for him now. Sounds like this lad has good pedigree.

"Seems Hill also agreed with the criticism re Tanser. Probably the end of the road for him now".

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I would say there is a short term and a long term question for Tanser. He was given a chance vs Oxford on Saturday after a bout of illness, but it was also very clear for all to see that he just wasn't up to it yet (see link below confirming illness).

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/injury-illness-update-davies-t

We have a looming 4th round cup tie and a lack of cover at the back, so at the very least Taylor will be an option from the bench, but who knows, he may even start against HTAFC?

As for the long term, either listen to all this or start at the 2 minute mark.

Imho, you have either joined the dots up in the wrong order or at least prematurely. I suspect Keith Hill doesn't see this as the end of the road for ST. Look how many private and public warnings he gave and how long he stuck with Joe Bunney until he came good. Sometimes it's necessary to play a longer game and let players develop in their own time. We also have the set-up and squad to be able to afford that luxury and the reputation to attract potentially cracking loanees as stop-gaps when the rare eventuality arises.

Time will tell, but I don't see Tanser, at the age of 22, being shown the door any time soon.

Stand by ............................. on 12:59 - Jan 25 with 5241 viewsD_Alien

Stand by ............................. on 11:48 - Jan 25 by DaleiLama

"Seems Hill also agreed with the criticism re Tanser. Probably the end of the road for him now".

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I would say there is a short term and a long term question for Tanser. He was given a chance vs Oxford on Saturday after a bout of illness, but it was also very clear for all to see that he just wasn't up to it yet (see link below confirming illness).

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/injury-illness-update-davies-t

We have a looming 4th round cup tie and a lack of cover at the back, so at the very least Taylor will be an option from the bench, but who knows, he may even start against HTAFC?

Imho, you have either joined the dots up in the wrong order or at least prematurely. I suspect Keith Hill doesn't see this as the end of the road for ST. Look how many private and public warnings he gave and how long he stuck with Joe Bunney until he came good. Sometimes it's necessary to play a longer game and let players develop in their own time. We also have the set-up and squad to be able to afford that luxury and the reputation to attract potentially cracking loanees as stop-gaps when the rare eventuality arises.

Time will tell, but I don't see Tanser, at the age of 22, being shown the door any time soon.

Common sense

If Hilly think's we need cover because members of our current squad won't be up to speed in good time for key matches, that's fine by me

If, like others have done, Hilly were to make a judgement on Tanser's suitability to continue as a squad member based on his return last weekend after just one week's training following a debilitating illness, I'd be absolutely disgusted. I really don't think that's what's happened

Welcome to the squad Joel

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stand by ............................. on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 4942 viewsrochdaleriddler

Stand by ............................. on 12:59 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Common sense

If Hilly think's we need cover because members of our current squad won't be up to speed in good time for key matches, that's fine by me

If, like others have done, Hilly were to make a judgement on Tanser's suitability to continue as a squad member based on his return last weekend after just one week's training following a debilitating illness, I'd be absolutely disgusted. I really don't think that's what's happened

lot of people, your self included wrote bunney off, some people develop at different rates, must be true or scott hogan wouldnt have re-boosted his career so spectacularly. Tanser as you say needs to come back when fit into a winning line up. im looking forward to saturday immensely

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stand by ............................. on 15:53 - Jan 25 with 4725 viewsD_Alien

Stand by ............................. on 14:28 - Jan 25 by rochdaleriddler

lot of people, your self included wrote bunney off, some people develop at different rates, must be true or scott hogan wouldnt have re-boosted his career so spectacularly. Tanser as you say needs to come back when fit into a winning line up. im looking forward to saturday immensely

It's true to say I wrote Bunney off - as a front man. I'm delighted he's making waves as a left fullback/wingback but that's got nothing to do with developing at different rates - although I agree with that as a more general point
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 16:00]

Stand by ............................. on 16:03 - Jan 25 with 4694 viewssweetcorn

Damn, guess this rules out the move for borthwick-jackson

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stand by ............................. on 16:17 - Jan 25 with 4618 viewsD_Alien

Stand by ............................. on 10:27 - Jan 25 by 1907

Also states he is a LW

And the prospect of having Bunney & Taylor operating in tandem on the left is just mouth-watering

I'd still like to see a Cannon/Rafferty combo tried on the right at some stage. Cannon was MoM in that position early in the season and though he struggled to make an impression last Saturday that wasn't necessarily a reflection on him, more down to us being outplayed

tbh with everyone fit we'd have an embarrassment of riches

[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 16:20]

Stand by ............................. on 16:53 - Jan 25 with 4503 viewsRoChDaLe

looks very good.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Stand by ............................. on 18:29 - Jan 25 with 4246 viewsaleanddale

Stand by ............................. on 16:53 - Jan 25 by RoChDaLe

looks very good.

Is he left or right footed?

Very Bunney esq whipping in those crosses!!

More of the same at Spotland would be more them welcome.

Looks to have pace to burn, a trick in him and likes to whip an accurate cross in.

I am no scout but he will do for me!!
Stand by ............................. on 14:14 - Jan 27 with 3276 views1907

Stand by ............................. on 11:48 - Jan 25 by DaleiLama

Seems I was right after all.
Stand by ............................. on 14:23 - Jan 27 with 3231 viewsDaleiLama

Stand by ............................. on 14:14 - Jan 27 by 1907

Seems I was right after all.

Fair play to you - you called it!
I wasn't expecting "by mutual consent" even with the addition of Taylor. But it is what it is and not how I guessed it would play out. Good luck to him anyway. Port Vale really is a sh!t hole!

Stand by ............................. on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 3155 viewsaleanddale

Stand by ............................. on 14:23 - Jan 27 by DaleiLama

Fair play to you - you called it!
I wasn't expecting "by mutual consent" even with the addition of Taylor. But it is what it is and not how I guessed it would play out. Good luck to him anyway. Port Vale really is a sh!t hole!

Great brewery though!!

#titanic
Stand by ............................. on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 3147 viewsJimmyRustler

Stand by ............................. on 12:59 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Common sense

How will you be registering your disgust?
Stand by ............................. on 14:36 - Jan 27 with 3105 viewsDaleiLama

Stand by ............................. on 14:32 - Jan 27 by aleanddale

Great brewery though!!

#titanic

You make an exceptional point!

(That sentence works with and without the last o!)
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:38]

Stand by ............................. on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 3091 viewsD_Alien

Stand by ............................. on 14:32 - Jan 27 by JimmyRustler

How will you be registering your disgust?

In the usual way, by pointing out with disgust- to you - the fact that it wasn't a snap judgment based on that single performance

Stand by ............................. on 14:44 - Jan 27 with 3042 viewsJimmyRustler

Stand by ............................. on 14:37 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

In the usual way, by pointing out with disgust- to you - the fact that it wasn't a snap judgment based on that single performance

Hence why I said that Hill being reluctant to feature him in recent times speaks volumes. Saturday was woeful in isolation don't get me wrong, but at least we now know that he wasn't pants because he was ill/not match fit/coming back from injury/tired from a McDonald's play party from the night before or whatever other excuses you made for him.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024