Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan money 14:11 - Jan 31 with 13300 viewsChaffRAFC

Now that we're getting a massive amount of money for a club our size, what improvements would you want to see round the club? Squad improvements? Facilities? Contracts? Cheaper season tickets?

Personally, I'd love us spend a bit on the following:

* Get the ground painted, not just a bit but all around the ground, said it before but if you're looking at Spotland coming from Ings Lane and down Sandy Lane way then it looks a rusty mess. Get it sorted and get it spruces up, preferably in the clubs colours!

* Sort the Five a-side pitch out and turn it into an investment. Do leagues run on there anymore? The pitch on there is a disgrace to be honest, it's very dangerous and has just been left to rot since it was built many many years ago. Needs fixing definitely, I wouldn't want my lad playing on that surface.

* Seats inside Spotland need cleaning and in the mainstand, I'd go as far as to suggest we replace the red seats with which ones, it makes no sense to have red ones in there.

* How much were the Trust quoted for a scoreboard? If it's now affordable, it would be very nice to finally see one, which would also bring sponsorship opportunities surely?

That too much to ask?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hogan money on 14:17 - Jan 31 with 8212 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sorry meant to give thumbs up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hogan money on 14:18 - Jan 31 with 8205 viewsmacro

Sshh it's not happened yet
Hogan money on 15:36 - Jan 31 with 7917 viewsDorkingDale

Don't forget the ****** toilets. The Ladies in the Main Stand have been out completely out of use & we have to go into the pub or queue for 20 minutes in Sandy Lane.... and apparently the mens' urinal was awash, as regularly reported.

Oh, and could we push the boat out & buy a new, bigger urn for the Main Stand refreshment kiosk? It came as a bit of a shock to them that there would be a increased demand for hot drinks for a big FA Cup tie in January & the existing one couldn't cope.

Sick of hearing Southern husband coming out with smart arsed comments about when we'll be getting sanitation & hot water in Rochdale.
Hogan money on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 7589 viewsboromat

I think the renovation of the ground and facilities is a must and the priority. Alot of that comes to decorating and refurbishing in areas like the toilet maybe bar areas etc. Obviously a good clean up as well. But that's going to be a small piece of the pie.

We do need to think a little bigger. I like the idea of updated astra turf let's have a larger proper 3G pitch. Brings in an additional revenue stream and potential training resource.

How about increasing the size of the Sandy obviously keeping it as a terrace just taller?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hogan money on 17:06 - Jan 31 with 7566 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 17:01 - Jan 31 by boromat

I think the renovation of the ground and facilities is a must and the priority. Alot of that comes to decorating and refurbishing in areas like the toilet maybe bar areas etc. Obviously a good clean up as well. But that's going to be a small piece of the pie.

We do need to think a little bigger. I like the idea of updated astra turf let's have a larger proper 3G pitch. Brings in an additional revenue stream and potential training resource.

How about increasing the size of the Sandy obviously keeping it as a terrace just taller?

I like the last idea. For many people driving past the ground, but never having attended, the Sandy is a very poor external image and looks frankly non-league

Increasing the height, and maybe the depth a little, would free it up to eventually take seats IF we had our hands forced to do so and in the meantime would be a way of increasing capacity back above the magic 10000 mark

It'd add huge value to the image of the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan money on 17:29 - Jan 31 with 7395 viewsboromat

Hogan money on 17:06 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

I like the last idea. For many people driving past the ground, but never having attended, the Sandy is a very poor external image and looks frankly non-league

Increasing the height, and maybe the depth a little, would free it up to eventually take seats IF we had our hands forced to do so and in the meantime would be a way of increasing capacity back above the magic 10000 mark

Yeah I was thinking about the potential of being forced into seating. If we ever did have to put seating in the sandy I'd hope they're put the retractable seating in like in Germany so it can revert to a terrace.

Hogan money on 17:31 - Jan 31 with 7384 viewsboromat

Another idea cover all the roofs of the stands with solar panels.

Hogan money on 17:33 - Jan 31 with 7373 viewsmidlandsdale

Hogan money on 17:29 - Jan 31 by boromat

Yeah I was thinking about the potential of being forced into seating. If we ever did have to put seating in the sandy I'd hope they're put the retractable seating in like in Germany so it can revert to a terrace.

Yeah right!!
Login to get fewer ads

Hogan money on 17:43 - Jan 31 with 7282 viewsAtThePeake

Went in for a slide tackle in a primary school competition on the astroturf and 14 years on my knee is still recovering from it now.

Tangled up in blue.

Hogan money on 17:44 - Jan 31 with 7267 viewselectricblue

Hogan money on 17:31 - Jan 31 by boromat

Another idea cover all the roofs of the stands with solar panels.

Good idea......

After reading peoples posts about the various isssues within and around the ground i think the following is a must.
Toilets should have been sorted ages ago and its basic hygene.
Image is a must these days so keeping the exterior and interior painted would be a huge plus....
But for away supporters having to pay to sit on bird sh1te covered seats is an image disaster full stop...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hogan money on 18:05 - Jan 31 with 7126 views442Dale

It was mentioned on here that the Trust had fed back to the club supporters' comments around the toilets and the club would address the issue.

Have also passed on an enquiry that cropped up on here to the Trust re. The seats not used at the front of the Pearl St.

Hogan money? Pay off whatever we owe on the stadium, make improvements where required elsewhere to support the good work done off the field in recent months (others have come up with the main things that need sorting). Put the rest aside and look to increase the wage budget slightly if it can be supported in the longer term.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan money on 18:06 - Jan 31 with 7113 viewsDaleFan7

Hogan money on 17:44 - Jan 31 by electricblue

Good idea......

After reading peoples posts about the various isssues within and around the ground i think the following is a must.
Toilets should have been sorted ages ago and its basic hygene.
Image is a must these days so keeping the exterior and interior painted would be a huge plus....
But for away supporters having to pay to sit on bird sh1te covered seats is an image disaster full stop...

If it was another type of entertainment venue, especially one where you can get food etc. If the seats were as ours are in the away stand and the toilets were as they are in the Main Stand it'd be shut down until it was sorted on hygiene grounds...

They're both disgusting and should have been sorted ages ago.
Hogan money on 18:07 - Jan 31 with 7107 viewsKenBoon

I'm sure the club have money to provide basic hygene standard facilities without dipping into this windfall.
Hogan money on 18:09 - Jan 31 with 7079 viewsdingdangblue

A new pitch?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan money on 18:11 - Jan 31 with 7065 viewsMoonyDale

Phil McNulty on BBC transfer updates at 6pm saying the medical is only just happening, no deal done yet....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hogan money on 18:40 - Jan 31 with 6919 viewsrobtheb

Hogan money on 17:06 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Agree with you regarding increasing the size of the Sandy. Could take it back to the retaining stone wall. That would solve the problem of the weeds that grow every year and are only dealt with after the annual thread on here (not to mention the unsightly ones that are still there in the roof gutter of the stand)

Toilets around the stadium are always an issue and need some serious attention, including taking the external doors off and fit some sort of screen so those of us that do wash our hands don't have to touch the handles used by those that don't......and there are a lot!

Coat of paint all round would look good, as would an illuminated digital fixture board.
Hogan money on 19:28 - Jan 31 with 6682 viewsboromat

I'm not too bothered about a scoreboard unless it can generate enough revenue in advertising to payback in a year or two in that case then it becomes a no brainier.

Hogan money on 19:39 - Jan 31 with 6606 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Hogan money on 18:40 - Jan 31 by robtheb

Agree with you regarding increasing the size of the Sandy. Could take it back to the retaining stone wall. That would solve the problem of the weeds that grow every year and are only dealt with after the annual thread on here (not to mention the unsightly ones that are still there in the roof gutter of the stand)

Toilets around the stadium are always an issue and need some serious attention, including taking the external doors off and fit some sort of screen so those of us that do wash our hands don't have to touch the handles used by those that don't......and there are a lot!

Coat of paint all round would look good, as would an illuminated digital fixture board.

I wonder if a Brentford type stand could be built, with seating on the upper level?

Standing could remain below until a time when we are forced to put seats in the lower level.

I'm sure this wouldn't cost a fortune.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Hogan money on 19:43 - Jan 31 with 6564 viewsjohndale

Think we need to get wilbutts lane seats cleaned and replaced and away wc's sorted out. there's loads of complaints from huddersfiel fans about it on www.examiner.co.uk. embarrassing really.
Hogan money on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 6529 viewsscooby

Interesting comments about the sandy, I said the same thing on Saturday. Steeper and deeper and sort the view out.

As pointed out by Halliwell, the string from my Simmo out banner is still there...

The solar panel is a good call. Obviously not all stands will take it as pointing the wrong way, but it would help offset electricity bills some what.
Hogan money on 19:58 - Jan 31 with 6442 viewsShun

There are some really good points already. I especially like the idea of making the Sandy taller. I also like Chaff's idea of replacing the red seats. I don't know why we have so much red inside our stadium. Replace them with white and black. They are our colours after all.
Hogan money on 20:01 - Jan 31 with 6409 viewsnordenblue

Hogan money on 19:45 - Jan 31 by scooby

Interesting comments about the sandy, I said the same thing on Saturday. Steeper and deeper and sort the view out.

As pointed out by Halliwell, the string from my Simmo out banner is still there...

The solar panel is a good call. Obviously not all stands will take it as pointing the wrong way, but it would help offset electricity bills some what.

I seem to remember a conversation with an installer sometime ago that all this solar power/panels is a bit of a myth,and it takes something like 20 years to reap any real benefits and that's just on the outlay to supply/fit a private property not to mention something as big as a full stand.

I personally thinks there's much better ways to invest the new money,I'd start with a good few grand decorating the internal areas of the main stand and re carpet it all too. The issues with the toilets etc and cleanliness shouldn't even come into this windfall that's just basic hygiene,I'd be happy to put a quote in for some of the work and I seem to remember there's a local decorator who posts on here too from memory...
Hogan money on 20:11 - Jan 31 with 6355 viewsMolly

With regards to solar panels it might be more useful to replace the main stand roof with some type of transparent panels. The side of the pitch which freezes because it never gets direct sunlight might stand a better chance.
Hogan money on 20:17 - Jan 31 with 6294 viewsboromat

Hogan money on 20:11 - Jan 31 by Molly

With regards to solar panels it might be more useful to replace the main stand roof with some type of transparent panels. The side of the pitch which freezes because it never gets direct sunlight might stand a better chance.

Not a bad shout don't know how feasible it is but like the solar panels it's worth investigating.

Hogan money on 20:24 - Jan 31 with 6259 viewsR17ALE

Hogan money on 20:11 - Jan 31 by Molly

I'd go one further there Molly.

Do you remember that Bond film where the baddie harnessed the power of the sun to create energy? I'm annoyed I can't remember which one. Think it was the one with nic nac.

Anyway we should make the main stand roof into something similar.

Man with the Golden Gun???
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 20:25]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024