Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two months of solid contract activity 15:25 - Feb 1 with 2004 viewsDaleiLama

When you see it all listed like this, we've had a good couple of months consolidating for the future.

Be interesting to see how the Hogan money affects future negotiations from both sides (if at all) in future.

Would also be good to get Davies locked up past the end of this season sooner rather than later. His goals have helped get us here and he's needed for the medium term at least. Money very well spent I would have thought.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Two months of solid contract activity on 16:34 - Feb 1 with 1867 viewsChaffRAFC

According to my FM Research list:

Out of contract in the summer:

Callum Camps (We have an extension option I think)
Andy Cannon (We have an extension option as well I think)
Steven Davies
Johnny Diba
Conrad Logan
Matty Lund
Donal McDermott
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Reuben Noble-Lazarus
David Owusu
Joe Rafferty (Think we have an extension option)
Oliver Rathbone (May well have an extension option in there but not sure)

Which leaves the following contracted:

Jamie Allen
Calvin Andrew
Joe Bunney
Niall Canavan
Ian Henderson
Keith Keane
Josh Lillis
Harrison McGahey
Jim McNulty
Joe Thompson
Peter Vincenti

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Two months of solid contract activity on 16:40 - Feb 1 with 1835 viewsSuddenLad

Camps
Rathbone
Cannon
Rafferty
Davies
Lund ........... should be priorities.

Owusu - the jury is still out, but was always 'one for the future', so I guess he'll be signed up.

Of the others, I'd not lose sleep if they refused/weren't offered new deals.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 16:41]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Two months of solid contract activity on 16:54 - Feb 1 with 1779 viewsdingdangblue

Two months of solid contract activity on 16:34 - Feb 1 by ChaffRAFC

According to my FM Research list:

Out of contract in the summer:

Callum Camps (We have an extension option I think)
Andy Cannon (We have an extension option as well I think)
Steven Davies
Johnny Diba
Conrad Logan
Matty Lund
Donal McDermott
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Reuben Noble-Lazarus
David Owusu
Joe Rafferty (Think we have an extension option)
Oliver Rathbone (May well have an extension option in there but not sure)

Which leaves the following contracted:

Jamie Allen
Calvin Andrew
Joe Bunney
Niall Canavan
Ian Henderson
Keith Keane
Josh Lillis
Harrison McGahey
Jim McNulty
Joe Thompson
Peter Vincenti

At the afternoon with Keith Hill he was adamant that Cannon and Camps were still under contract after this season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Two months of solid contract activity on 17:21 - Feb 1 with 1730 viewsChaffRAFC

Two months of solid contract activity on 16:54 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

At the afternoon with Keith Hill he was adamant that Cannon and Camps were still under contract after this season.

Technically they are because they've got clauses that we can action to automatically extend if we want to. Think it's same with Rafferty.

Two months of solid contract activity on 18:13 - Feb 1 with 1589 viewsdingdangblue

Two months of solid contract activity on 17:21 - Feb 1 by ChaffRAFC

Technically they are because they've got clauses that we can action to automatically extend if we want to. Think it's same with Rafferty.

Best make these next 4 months count then! I'm sure Camps will have many suitors this summer - promotion for Dale might not even be enough to keep hold of him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Two months of solid contract activity on 19:56 - Feb 1 with 1331 viewsdaledaft

What about Kitching ?
Think he is contracted for next season now he's signed permanently.
Two months of solid contract activity on 20:48 - Feb 1 with 1239 viewsShun

Two months of solid contract activity on 17:21 - Feb 1 by ChaffRAFC

How do these clauses work? If we want to take up the option what actually happens? They get offered a contract, but surely they aren't obliged to sign and they are actually free to reject it and move on? If so, how is that any different to normal contract negotiations?
Two months of solid contract activity on 21:00 - Feb 1 with 1219 viewsChaffRAFC

Two months of solid contract activity on 20:48 - Feb 1 by Shun

How do these clauses work? If we want to take up the option what actually happens? They get offered a contract, but surely they aren't obliged to sign and they are actually free to reject it and move on? If so, how is that any different to normal contract negotiations?

I'd imagine, if the clause is in the clubs favour, they'll just stick another year on if they want to keep a player, if they don't, they can release him. If, like when George Donnelly was at the club, he had the clause in the players favour, even if we want to release a player, he can just say I'm staying and there, he's signed for another year.

Give we'll want to keep Camps, Cannon and Rafferty, it's safe to assume they'll all now be here for another season.

Login to get fewer ads

Two months of solid contract activity on 21:07 - Feb 1 with 1198 viewsShun

Two months of solid contract activity on 21:00 - Feb 1 by ChaffRAFC

I'd imagine, if the clause is in the clubs favour, they'll just stick another year on if they want to keep a player, if they don't, they can release him. If, like when George Donnelly was at the club, he had the clause in the players favour, even if we want to release a player, he can just say I'm staying and there, he's signed for another year.

Give we'll want to keep Camps, Cannon and Rafferty, it's safe to assume they'll all now be here for another season.

Does that mean the players don't really have a say in it then? If we decide to take up the option on Camps, then will he be able to refuse?
Two months of solid contract activity on 21:12 - Feb 1 with 1173 viewsChaffRAFC

Two months of solid contract activity on 21:07 - Feb 1 by Shun

Does that mean the players don't really have a say in it then? If we decide to take up the option on Camps, then will he be able to refuse?

No, don't think so.

Two months of solid contract activity on 21:17 - Feb 1 with 1154 viewsisitme

Two months of solid contract activity on 20:48 - Feb 1 by Shun

It has been standard practice for the club to install additional year clauses in contracts for younger players. If the player does well they can activate the clause, if not the player is released. I suspect Rathbone has such a clause in his contract.

Donnelly had a clause in his favour where he could take up the option of another year. Often these will be appearance based and a set number of games will trigger a contract extension. These are often given to injury prone or fringe players.

Not sure how true it is but I'm believe that if Sam Russell played another game for the club his wage would have significantly increased due to a clause in his contract. He never played another game and left at the end of the season.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 21:20]
Two months of solid contract activity on 21:17 - Feb 1 with 1148 viewsShun

Two months of solid contract activity on 21:12 - Feb 1 by ChaffRAFC

No, don't think so.

Interesting, that's good then. Thanks for clarifying!
Two months of solid contract activity on 21:20 - Feb 1 with 1133 viewsColDale

Two months of solid contract activity on 21:07 - Feb 1 by Shun

At which point, we offer him a better and longer deal. Everyone wins!
Two months of solid contract activity on 21:23 - Feb 1 with 1114 viewsroccydaleian

Two months of solid contract activity on 16:54 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Did he stand and deliver?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024