Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers 20:23 - Feb 1 with 2943 viewsboromat

With all the transfer window news we may be forgiven to forgetting we've got a match in a few days. Let's hope the players haven't been distracted. Now let's not pretend to guess what the team will be as we all know that's pointless but what would your line up be?

Wilson
Raff
Keane
Jim
Kitching
Allen
Camps
Cannon
Vincenti
Hendo
NML

Subs
Logan
Taylor
Canavan
RNL
Owusu
Redshaw
Donal

That'd be my pick I'm presuming the following are injured;

Lillis
Davies
Andrews
Thompson
Lund
Rathbone
Bunney

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bristol Rovers on 20:33 - Feb 1 with 2899 viewsD_Alien

The LB position is critical, not least since Raff needs moving back to the right to be at his most effective

With that in mind, I suspect the last thing Joel Taylor thought when he agreed to come on loan was that he'd be playing second fiddle to another youngster signed after him

Kitching got the nod off the bench for perfectly good reasons last weekend, but I'd be expecting Taylor to start at LB. We need someone there with attacking intent (as well as sound defensive capability) and the reports coming from Stoke when he signed were very positive

But as always, lets see what happens

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bristol Rovers on 20:38 - Feb 1 with 2879 viewsboromat

Bristol Rovers on 20:33 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

The LB position is critical, not least since Raff needs moving back to the right to be at his most effective

With that in mind, I suspect the last thing Joel Taylor thought when he agreed to come on loan was that he'd be playing second fiddle to another youngster signed after him

Kitching got the nod off the bench for perfectly good reasons last weekend, but I'd be expecting Taylor to start at LB. We need someone there with attacking intent (as well as sound defensive capability) and the reports coming from Stoke when he signed were very positive

But as always, lets see what happens

I was tempted to put Taylor in but I haven't seen him play and now that Kitching is our player his development is more valuable to us than Taylors. Be interesting to see how it goes it could be that cannon is injured as well with him not being in the squad last game so both Taylor and Kitching could feature.

Bristol Rovers on 20:45 - Feb 1 with 2853 viewsdale1968

Plus their big goal threat Taylor has left in the window.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Bristol Rovers on 21:00 - Feb 1 with 2813 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers on 20:38 - Feb 1 by boromat

I was tempted to put Taylor in but I haven't seen him play and now that Kitching is our player his development is more valuable to us than Taylors. Be interesting to see how it goes it could be that cannon is injured as well with him not being in the squad last game so both Taylor and Kitching could feature.

Good point about both featuring, perhaps with Taylor in a more advanced position

I've been hugely underwhelmed by NML/RNL these past couple of games

Bristol Rovers on 21:38 - Feb 1 with 2731 viewsboromat

Bristol Rovers on 21:00 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

Good point about both featuring, perhaps with Taylor in a more advanced position

I've been hugely underwhelmed by NML/RNL these past couple of games

I know what you mean re NML and RNL. With Andrew and Davies missing though NML is probably the only option we've got to add some strength to the front line. Vincenti gives us some height. We're also missing strength in midfield with Lund out.

Bristol Rovers on 21:44 - Feb 1 with 2703 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers on 21:38 - Feb 1 by boromat

I know what you mean re NML and RNL. With Andrew and Davies missing though NML is probably the only option we've got to add some strength to the front line. Vincenti gives us some height. We're also missing strength in midfield with Lund out.

It'd be great if NML was able to utilise his physique to better effect, but he seems to just float around waiting to be given the ball with space to run into

Take your point about strength in midfield - that might mean a role there for Kitching rather than on the left. At least we have these options!

Bristol Rovers on 23:43 - Feb 1 with 2494 viewssweetcorn

Bristol Rovers on 20:38 - Feb 1 by boromat

I'd say playing our strongest team and getting 3 points more valuable to us than giving our own player minutes..

I dont know who's the better of the two, but if the lad on loan is better, he has to start, it's as simple as that..

If bunney was fit, taylor wouldnt be here and kitching would be second choice anyway, he's here for 18 months so he has plenty of time to get games.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bristol Rovers on 00:43 - Feb 2 with 2456 viewsAtThePeake

Bristol Rovers on 23:43 - Feb 1 by sweetcorn

I'd say playing our strongest team and getting 3 points more valuable to us than giving our own player minutes..

I dont know who's the better of the two, but if the lad on loan is better, he has to start, it's as simple as that..

If bunney was fit, taylor wouldnt be here and kitching would be second choice anyway, he's here for 18 months so he has plenty of time to get games.

Hilly has said in the past he won't always play his best XI and will sometimes play a team that may be better for the development of individual players.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol Rovers on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 2198 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bristol Rovers on 00:43 - Feb 2 by AtThePeake

Hilly has said in the past he won't always play his best XI and will sometimes play a team that may be better for the development of individual players.

He will be anxious to avoid our mini slump becoming a crisis, he will play the 11 players he feels will win the game. We have been fortunate results elsewhere haven't harmed us too much

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bristol Rovers on 14:37 - Feb 2 with 2036 viewsD_Dale

Bristol Rovers on 20:45 - Feb 1 by dale1968

Plus their big goal threat Taylor has left in the window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4181628/Football-League-launch

Unless the subsequent fuss fires up the Gasheads.
Bristol Rovers on 15:34 - Feb 2 with 1945 viewsBigKindo

Bristol Rovers on 14:37 - Feb 2 by D_Dale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4181628/Football-League-launch

Unless the subsequent fuss fires up the Gasheads.

Didn't a similar situation occur, allegedly, when Holtie went to Forest? It was suggested that the offer was £ 400k but in the end he went for £ 300k because of a release clause in his contract.
Bristol Rovers on 19:42 - Feb 2 with 1746 viewsdean7321

Wilson
Raff. Keane. Jim. Kitching
Cannon
Camps. Allen
NML. Hendo. Taylor

Subs
Logan, Mcgahey, Vincenti, RNl, Owunsu, Donal, redshaw

Poll: best ever center back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024