Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been back a while 19:58 - Feb 4 with 2838 viewsfournil

Brilliant start, Mackie should have scored. Manning stroking it about, winning the ball back' looked imperious. Then we stopped. Blackburn dropped off and let us have the ball. We couldn't string passes together or unlock the door. Everything went across the back left to right and back again without any real intention. When we did try and force it the passing was inaccurate, Luongo the main culprit.
Their forward from Southamton was very good, big, strong, quick intelligent. Danny Graham looked like he'd eaten Danny Graham!
Second half was much the same. Decisions in the final third really let us down that and the final ball/ cross. Smith came on and won everything, Washington wasn't really anticipating things very well.
The 'goal' that wasn't. Looked well over the line from where I was. Couldn't believe it wasn't given. Not sure how the Lino couldn't see. Washington took it well to be fair.
We needed to get the ball a cross as Smith was winning everything.
We all knew as soon as they broke forward it was gonna be a goal. As soon as the goal wasn't given I could have written the script.

Overall they did okay. Not enough in the final third. Certainly deserved more. I think Luongo and Mackie could have done a lot better. I would have taken Perch off put Goss on and moved Him forward into the midfield.
Been back a while on 20:10 - Feb 4 with 2753 viewsLongsufferingR

Glad to hear that about Smith. Did Morrison have any impact at all?
Been back a while on 20:39 - Feb 4 with 2589 viewsfournil

Been back a while on 20:10 - Feb 4 by LongsufferingR

Glad to hear that about Smith. Did Morrison have any impact at all?

Not really. Couple of passes that you could see his class, missed an opportunity to take a difficult ball down and do something with it.
Been back a while on 20:55 - Feb 4 with 2506 viewsOldPedro

Agree with most of that - thought bringing on Morrison was a mistake as it left us too open in midfield although I guess Holloway was going for the win.

Looked like a goal from where I was sat in the away end - very poor decision from the Asst Ref although I wasn't surprised as he had got a couple of easy throw in decisions wrong when he was only a couple of yards away.

All in all, thought the performance was ok, created some decent chances and did actually get the ball over the line. Think if it had been given, we would have gone on to win the game.

And couldn't believe how wide Danny Graham was!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Been back a while on 22:21 - Feb 4 with 2157 viewsFDC

From the comms it sounded like we were basically set up as in previous games, looked solid, but didn't have any answers to a team that weren't coming at us?
Been back a while on 22:27 - Feb 4 with 2121 viewswombat

Been back a while on 22:21 - Feb 4 by FDC

From the comms it sounded like we were basically set up as in previous games, looked solid, but didn't have any answers to a team that weren't coming at us?

Also been a back a while , think we changed the system way to early , bringing smith on when we did changed us , easier and a more attacking sub would have been perch off for goss Lua Lia for luongo who once again was pretty poor for the game , we didn't need to go long as early as we did
As for the goal I was in the back row and it looked well over from there , he pics I've seen since prove it was well over as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024