Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl 23:50 - Feb 5 with 5138 viewsYouTubeDale

Good to see Rochdale born Mark Chapman fronting the Super Bowl as usual, these days.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 00:16 - Feb 6 with 4473 viewsYouTubeDale

Freeman MOM so far !!!!!!

Touch Down !!!!!!

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 09:09 - Feb 6 with 4287 viewsDaley_Lama

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 00:16 - Feb 6 by YouTubeDale

Freeman MOM so far !!!!!!

Touch Down !!!!!!

Went to bed after Gaga smashed it and Atlanta led 21-3

Dewey Wins!

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 14:10 - Feb 6 with 4058 viewsDaley_Lama

As remarkable as Brady is, for me Atlanta threw that game away. The catch from Amendora - simply awesome.

28-3 up and lost.

3rd and 1, QB sacked and turnover in own half.
8 points in front and in field goal position, only to end up 3rd and 33 and having to punt.
Offside on the final 2 pointer in the dying seconds.

Poor decisions and execution.

Remarkable final.

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 18:45 - Feb 6 with 3916 views442Dale

The moment New England forced that fumble at 28-12 down, Atlanta were finished. The panic was almost tangible.

I'm not a massive fan, but I like the game and that was one of the greatest sporting moments ever. Well worth managing to stay up for because not long after half time it really was game over and thousands will have headed for some sleep.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 18:47 - Feb 6 with 3909 viewsDaley_Lama

Exactly what i did as had work, glad you watched it live, it was special enough for me watching on catch up!

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 20:24 - Feb 6 with 3826 viewsNigeriamark

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 14:10 - Feb 6 by Daley_Lama

As remarkable as Brady is, for me Atlanta threw that game away. The catch from Amendora - simply awesome.

28-3 up and lost.

3rd and 1, QB sacked and turnover in own half.
8 points in front and in field goal position, only to end up 3rd and 33 and having to punt.
Offside on the final 2 pointer in the dying seconds.

Poor decisions and execution.

Remarkable final.

Been some great finals the last few years and this was right up there. You would feel gutted as a Falcons fan - More a choke in my eyes than Brady/NE comeback although of course they still had to pull it off. at 8 points ahead & within field goal range and to give up 23 yards in a sack & penalty is unforgivable

Cleveland Browns for the Super Bowl next year ( You heard it here first)
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 20:38 - Feb 6 with 3811 viewsYouTubeDale

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 20:54 - Feb 6 with 3792 viewsYouTubeDale

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 21:50 - Feb 6 with 3751 viewspioneer

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 20:24 - Feb 6 by Nigeriamark

Been some great finals the last few years and this was right up there. You would feel gutted as a Falcons fan - More a choke in my eyes than Brady/NE comeback although of course they still had to pull it off. at 8 points ahead & within field goal range and to give up 23 yards in a sack & penalty is unforgivable

Cleveland Browns for the Super Bowl next year ( You heard it here first)

i think its the only place we will hear it!

The really BIG question is whether my Bills can end the longest play off drought in N American sports. My money is on a big NO.
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 21:11 - Feb 7 with 3478 viewsUSADale

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 21:50 - Feb 6 by pioneer

i think its the only place we will hear it!

The really BIG question is whether my Bills can end the longest play off drought in N American sports. My money is on a big NO.

As a Patriots season ticket holder it was a hell of a game, unfortunately for the 2nd time in 3 years we missed out on the ticket lottery so couldn't go. By the 4th quarter Atlanta's defence were knackered, they had spent far too much time on the field and when we won the toss for OT you knew it was all over, by that time Brady was being clinical and everything was being caught.
In regards to Buffalo you have a long way to go, will be interesting to see what they do with Taylor this next month, can't really see them paying him 27 million so I guessing he'll be cut.
As for Cleveland....well, they're Cleveland, nothing more to say!
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 03:43 - Feb 8 with 3414 viewsDiddyDave

Wow,you blokes really take this boring load of nonsense seriously don`t you? They tell me it goes for three hours or so,no bloody wonder the way they all stand around after each "play". Just another load of American crap the whole world is supposed to sit up and take notice of,like the bloke that about 25% of eligible voters actually voted for in the latest equally boring,big business,so called election.
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 07:28 - Feb 8 with 3369 views442Dale

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 03:43 - Feb 8 by DiddyDave

Wow,you blokes really take this boring load of nonsense seriously don`t you? They tell me it goes for three hours or so,no bloody wonder the way they all stand around after each "play". Just another load of American crap the whole world is supposed to sit up and take notice of,like the bloke that about 25% of eligible voters actually voted for in the latest equally boring,big business,so called election.

Yet you took the trouble to read a thread about this boring load of nonsense.

I'm sure there are things you're interested in that the rest of us aren't but I wouldn't go out of my way to criticise it. Nor link it to Donald Trump.

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 07:59 - Feb 8 with 3351 viewsisitme

Having not stayed up to watch the game and only finally getting around to watch it. How did Atlanta win? 8 points up with about five minutes left on the clock and they are within field goal range. Run it three times to eat the clock and/or get the Pats to burn their time outs. Kick the field goal and it is a two score game with not much time left. Game over.
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 08:06 - Feb 8 with 3344 viewsDiddyDave

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 07:28 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

I'm sure there are things you're interested in that the rest of us aren't but I wouldn't go out of my way to criticise it. Nor link it to Donald Trump.

That`s my point,you can`t get away from it. How many people play Gridiron in the UK,Australia,NZ and all other countries who have this bollox rammed down their throat? It insults your intelligence,like everything else that comes out of that crackpot country.
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 08:29 - Feb 8 with 3328 viewsDaleFan7

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 08:06 - Feb 8 by DiddyDave

That`s my point,you can`t get away from it. How many people play Gridiron in the UK,Australia,NZ and all other countries who have this bollox rammed down their throat? It insults your intelligence,like everything else that comes out of that crackpot country.

There's 47 adult teams that play competitively, nearly every university has a team now.

4 games played in stadiums that hold 90,000 and 82,000 and sell out virtually instantly.
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 08:50 - Feb 8 with 3310 viewsDaleiLama

Can't get away from it? Hmmmmm.
Addressing your points, it is played widely throughout Europe. Sure the rest of the world too - Google it if you wish.
http://americanfootballeurope.com
In my personal circle, my g/fs future son-in-law is trying out for the Manchester team along with his mate and brother. The son of my assistant in Milano plays it at junior level in the Italian league and they won it last year. It is also a popular university sport.
There are 4 NFL games in London this year, 2 at Wembley and 2 at Twickers. They sell out in a day. People from all over Europe come to the games - I was sat behind a German family last year and I've got a ticket to Wembley again this year.
The NFL has played games in Tokyo, Mexico and Canada too.
People actually want to watch this "Bollox" - there is a huge demand for it. No one, I can assure you, is having anything rammed down their throats.
There are rednecks in America who don't want "soccer rammed down their throats", but I can assure you that it won't stopped being marketed there, as it is a hugely lucrative audience, even in an already saturated sports market. There is a growing demand for it as there is for American football here.
In summation, I see three options for you and your insulted intelligence - change channels, switch the tv off, or change your name to Canute and find a nice spot on the beach.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 09:34 - Feb 8 with 3279 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 08:50 - Feb 8 by DaleiLama

Can't get away from it? Hmmmmm.
Addressing your points, it is played widely throughout Europe. Sure the rest of the world too - Google it if you wish.
http://americanfootballeurope.com
In my personal circle, my g/fs future son-in-law is trying out for the Manchester team along with his mate and brother. The son of my assistant in Milano plays it at junior level in the Italian league and they won it last year. It is also a popular university sport.
There are 4 NFL games in London this year, 2 at Wembley and 2 at Twickers. They sell out in a day. People from all over Europe come to the games - I was sat behind a German family last year and I've got a ticket to Wembley again this year.
The NFL has played games in Tokyo, Mexico and Canada too.
People actually want to watch this "Bollox" - there is a huge demand for it. No one, I can assure you, is having anything rammed down their throats.
There are rednecks in America who don't want "soccer rammed down their throats", but I can assure you that it won't stopped being marketed there, as it is a hugely lucrative audience, even in an already saturated sports market. There is a growing demand for it as there is for American football here.
In summation, I see three options for you and your insulted intelligence - change channels, switch the tv off, or change your name to Canute and find a nice spot on the beach.

As someone who doesn't follow the sport, and has no intention of doing so - well said! It's very easily avoided if someone wishes to do so, apart from those with a complex about having things rammed down their throats...

But... just a word on Knut, he gets an unfairly bad press! It's my understanding that, opposite to the way it's been twisted over the centuries, Knut had a throne put on the beach from where he demanded the tide to turn back precisely to demonstrate to his subjects that he didn't have the power to do so, against his subject's expectations

There should be more Knuts

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 09:44 - Feb 8 with 3258 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 09:34 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

As someone who doesn't follow the sport, and has no intention of doing so - well said! It's very easily avoided if someone wishes to do so, apart from those with a complex about having things rammed down their throats...

But... just a word on Knut, he gets an unfairly bad press! It's my understanding that, opposite to the way it's been twisted over the centuries, Knut had a throne put on the beach from where he demanded the tide to turn back precisely to demonstrate to his subjects that he didn't have the power to do so, against his subject's expectations

There should be more Knuts

A-ha (sure I've heard that somewhere before)? I stand corrected.

Marketing opportunity for Cadbury - irresistible fruit and Knut?

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 3210 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 09:44 - Feb 8 by DaleiLama

A-ha (sure I've heard that somewhere before)? I stand corrected.

Marketing opportunity for Cadbury - irresistible fruit and Knut?

Or maybe Superbowl dissenters should just ignore it and paddle their own knut!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 14:20 - Feb 8 with 3132 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 07:28 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

Haven't you realised that when you move to Australia, you've suddenly found paradise and everywhere else on earth can't possibly compare?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 14:27 - Feb 8 with 3126 viewsTVOS1907

There was a programme on ITV the other night called 'The Good Karma Hospital'. I didn't fancy it from the numerous previews, so I didn't watch it.

ITV also pushed 'Tina & Bobby' quite a lot before it was broadcast. I quite fancied watching that (for various reasons), so I watched it. It was OK, but nothing ground-breaking or making me desperate for the next episode.

At the same time, the BBC have been occasionally pushing their coverage of the Super Bowl. I have no interest in it (and it nearly pushes any form of rugby off my most hated sports list), so I didn't watch that either.

Neither of these events were pushed down my throat; I was able to make my own mind up about whether I was interested in them or not.

I suspect that's the case with 'you blokes' on here as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 14:41 - Feb 8 with 3118 views442Dale

Why is it insulting my intelligence?

You can get away from it, you can ignore threads that contain subjects you aren't interested in. To then post in length about it would indicate some interest within the non-interest. Not sure why three specific countries were listed either, but the interest in Great Britain is clearly high when you look at the sellout games at Wembley.

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 16:19 - Feb 8 with 3052 viewsrobbowood

You obviously aren't aware of the Lancashire Wolverines who are based in Blackburn and play in the Premier Division North of the BAFA National Leagues. I have a friend who watches them home (and away if not too far to trvel) whenever he isn't watching local amateur football or cricket

There are plenty of people who watch and follow American Football teams in the UK and there are many UK University teams even though they don't get much coverage in the media

The local games take nothing like three hours to play (no TV advertisements) and they certainly don't 'all stand around after each play'

In the unlikely event of you ever watching an NFL game most teams these days have fewer 'breaks between each play' in order the tire out the opposition defense and to stop them bringing out replacement players
Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 16:25 - Feb 8 with 3047 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 16:19 - Feb 8 by robbowood

You obviously aren't aware of the Lancashire Wolverines who are based in Blackburn and play in the Premier Division North of the BAFA National Leagues. I have a friend who watches them home (and away if not too far to trvel) whenever he isn't watching local amateur football or cricket

There are plenty of people who watch and follow American Football teams in the UK and there are many UK University teams even though they don't get much coverage in the media

The local games take nothing like three hours to play (no TV advertisements) and they certainly don't 'all stand around after each play'

In the unlikely event of you ever watching an NFL game most teams these days have fewer 'breaks between each play' in order the tire out the opposition defense and to stop them bringing out replacement players

Agree that lots of NFL teams are going no huddle, but the refs throwing more hankies is actually making games longer. NOT a good development.

Rochdale fronting the Super Bowl on 16:52 - Feb 8 with 3039 viewsrichfoad32

I have an interest in American Football and managed to watch up until the 'never tedious Superbowl halftime show' on Sunday, before falling asleep. I wanted to finish watching the game Monday night and managed to go the whole day without finding out the score, this is despite working with a lot of sports oriented people and having the radio piped into the office so I think that having it 'rammed down your throat' is certainly an exaggeration. As others have stated, if you're really not interested it's quite easy to avoid things. It's like the whole Justin Bieber thing, he seems to bring out a new level of frothing at the mouth hate in a lot of people yet I can honestly say I think I've only ever heard one of his songs. The whole Bieber phenomena has passed me by because I'm just not interested....(mind you, I also don't have teenage daughters).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024