Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game off :-( 17:14 - Feb 28 with 11491 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game off :-( on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 6437 viewsShun

Disappointing. Will this be due to the relaying of the pitch?

Also, I wonder what ramifications this will have for the £1 initiative and its take-up.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 17:20]
Game off :-( on 17:22 - Feb 28 with 6345 viewsDaleiLama

Game off :-( on 17:18 - Feb 28 by Shun

Also, I wonder what ramifications this will have for the £1 initiative and its take-up.

Probably all the water it's taken. Guess the ref wasn't happy with it but no further details from the club yet. Glad I hadn't set off, unlike the poor fella from Worcester who wasn't a happy chappy on Twitter!

Hopefully the £1 offer will apply to the rearranged game. Anyone who can't make it it's not even worth reclaiming the £1 cost? Might even be a bigger take-up with more publicity?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 17:24]

Game off :-( on 17:22 - Feb 28 with 6327 viewsBobbyjoe

Glad I didn't buy a ticket! Lucky escape!
Game off :-( on 17:23 - Feb 28 with 6290 viewsShun

I hope too many Vale fans haven't already set off. Reading the £1 thread it seemed quite a few were travelling.
Game off :-( on 17:24 - Feb 28 with 6285 viewsrochdaleriddler

Game off :-( on 17:22 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

Probably all the water it's taken. Guess the ref wasn't happy with it but no further details from the club yet. Glad I hadn't set off, unlike the poor fella from Worcester who wasn't a happy chappy on Twitter!

Hopefully the £1 offer will apply to the rearranged game. Anyone who can't make it it's not even worth reclaiming the £1 cost? Might even be a bigger take-up with more publicity?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 17:24]

I thought the new pitch, drainage etc was to avoid postponements! Other local games are on

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Game off :-( on 17:24 - Feb 28 with 6253 viewsColDale

Game off :-( on 17:18 - Feb 28 by Shun

Shouldn't cause too many issues. Can't see them changing anything now. The only problem would be that they needed to test the water before fixing season ticket prices for next season, and that might need to be decided before the game is rearranged.
Game off :-( on 17:26 - Feb 28 with 6214 viewsDaleiLama

Game off :-( on 17:24 - Feb 28 by rochdaleriddler

I thought the new pitch, drainage etc was to avoid postponements! Other local games are on

Not an expert, but sure I read the drainage was already in and wasn't changed - just the sand/soil bed and the turf, which was a dead parrot.

Game off :-( on 17:31 - Feb 28 with 6097 viewsBobbyjoe

Not really surprising; the Barn's as wet as I've known it. Should have been called off sooner. Drier now than this morning!
Login to get fewer ads

Game off :-( on 17:32 - Feb 28 with 6074 viewsDaleiLama

Game off :-( on 17:24 - Feb 28 by ColDale

Shouldn't cause too many issues. Can't see them changing anything now. The only problem would be that they needed to test the water before fixing season ticket prices for next season, and that might need to be decided before the game is rearranged.

IMHO, not sure if this "test" really would have provided a lot of meaningful info except how much the extra people spent at the refreshment kiosks. Realistically, it's a Tuesday not a Saturday, the season ticket won't be pro-rated at £1 x 23 = £23, it will be at least 4 times that and this offer was so cheap, loads of people would have gone as a one off (i.e. City, Utd fans etc) who may never attend another Dale game again. I was going to bring my neighbour and he would never go to another game unless I dragged him there again. I suspect Russ has a plan anyway and he was just looking for a bit of extra corroborating evidence to support it and present to CD?

Game off :-( on 17:38 - Feb 28 with 5941 viewsBobbyjoe

Game off :-( on 17:32 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

IMHO, not sure if this "test" really would have provided a lot of meaningful info except how much the extra people spent at the refreshment kiosks. Realistically, it's a Tuesday not a Saturday, the season ticket won't be pro-rated at £1 x 23 = £23, it will be at least 4 times that and this offer was so cheap, loads of people would have gone as a one off (i.e. City, Utd fans etc) who may never attend another Dale game again. I was going to bring my neighbour and he would never go to another game unless I dragged him there again. I suspect Russ has a plan anyway and he was just looking for a bit of extra corroborating evidence to support it and present to CD?

The 4 x 23 (o.v.n.o) is the deal that will sell 5,000. Do they have the nerve!
Game off :-( on 17:41 - Feb 28 with 5885 viewsD_Alien

Game off :-( on 17:24 - Feb 28 by ColDale

Probably best to test the water when it's drier

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game off :-( on 17:41 - Feb 28 with 5866 viewsDaleiLama

Game off :-( on 17:31 - Feb 28 by Bobbyjoe

Not really surprising; the Barn's as wet as I've known it. Should have been called off sooner. Drier now than this morning!

At least it gave someone the chance to think up "from Poundland to Pondland"

Game off :-( on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 5845 viewsDaley_Lama

Lots complaining that no early notification that game could be in doubt.

They have my sympathy.

Poll: DF in or out

Game off :-( on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 5823 viewsrochdaleriddler

Game off :-( on 17:26 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

Not an expert, but sure I read the drainage was already in and wasn't changed - just the sand/soil bed and the turf, which was a dead parrot.

That's what I meant, soil sand etc. Sorry

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Game off :-( on 17:45 - Feb 28 with 5794 views1907

Farcical if you ask me, the worst possible game to have called off.

A massive slap in the face to any potential new fans who were going to give the club a chance. The conditions were known well in advance. Genuinely shocked.
Game off :-( on 17:48 - Feb 28 with 5715 viewsDaleiLama

Wonder if the pitch inspection was only carried out at 5 pm cos the ref wasn't there til then? Very tough on people travelling. £1 offer applies to rearranged fixture.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/game-off-port-vale-match-postp

Game off :-( on 17:48 - Feb 28 with 5705 viewsrich_dale

Game off :-( on 17:43 - Feb 28 by Daley_Lama

Lots complaining that no early notification that game could be in doubt.

They have my sympathy.

This is the worst thing about the situation. No indication of a pitch inspection or the game being in any doubt at all - Twitter feed was promoting the game all day long then out of nowhere, game off. Even for regular fans it's a bit odd, can only imagine what potential newbie fans would think.
Game off :-( on 17:51 - Feb 28 with 5645 viewsVivaDonaldo

Trying to look at this another way. We've invested a significant amount of money in this new pitch. Would people rather we played on a wet pitch like this and potentially damage it further?

We should swallow the cost and make the rematch free.
Game off :-( on 17:53 - Feb 28 with 5611 viewsCanaDale

Thats a big dissappointment, has it been raining continuously? Haven't the club just relayed the pitch too. Can only hope the rearranged fixture stays at £1
Game off :-( on 17:56 - Feb 28 with 5560 viewsrobtheb

Having taken over 2 hours to get home from Liverpool to Rochdale I feel sorry for those traveling up. The Motorways around Manchester are jammed up, inc M6.
Game off :-( on 17:57 - Feb 28 with 5546 viewsD_Alien

Game off :-( on 17:53 - Feb 28 by CanaDale

Thats a big dissappointment, has it been raining continuously? Haven't the club just relayed the pitch too. Can only hope the rearranged fixture stays at £1

No significant rainfall within the last 12 hours

A steady drizzle with dry intervals today, but if earlier rainfall wasn't draining through then I can see it might be enough to cause a problem

Game off :-( on 17:58 - Feb 28 with 5502 viewsDaleiLama

Game off :-( on 17:41 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Probably best to test the water when it's drier

The idea may not float as well though?

Game off :-( on 17:59 - Feb 28 with 5479 views1907

Game off :-( on 17:57 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

No significant rainfall within the last 12 hours

A steady drizzle with dry intervals today, but if earlier rainfall wasn't draining through then I can see it might be enough to cause a problem

It's absolutely inexcusable this, not one other game has been postponed due to weather related conditions? Bemused!
Game off :-( on 18:01 - Feb 28 with 5457 viewsD_Alien

Game off :-( on 17:58 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

The idea may not float as well though?

It'll need a raft of new ideas

Game off :-( on 18:03 - Feb 28 with 5429 viewsChaffRAFC

The club are so frustrating sometimes.

I wasn't able to make tonight anyway but the club look like a bit of a joke now. You could understand if there was doubts over Bury and Accrington's games tonight but there doesn't seem to be. We've taken a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks but if we're the only football league game off when we've just had a brand new pitch then it looks absolutely pathetic. Regular updates on the website would have softened the blow somewhat but the club were still advertising the cheap deal a couple of hours ago.

Tonight was a really winnable game that could have ended our run of poor form and given us something to look forward to on Saturday against the league leaders whereas now, I'm dreading an absolute drubbing in front of a crowd where the away fans will massively out number the home fans.

Really does look like the club take one step forward and two steps back a lot of the time.

Edit - Even Bury are taking the piss by welcoming us to Gigg if we want to watch a game!

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024