Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your thoughts on a fabulous game 21:00 - Mar 4 with 6199 viewsD_Alien

It strikes me that, after such an entertaining game of football, there are many regulars who post on here during the week who we never hear from during the weekend after games. I wonder why not?

It's the same people, maybe a dozen or so of us, who put our necks on the line to either be agreed with or not. There have been comments made during this week about "commonality" among Dale fans, and it'd be nice to hear from some more of those who are quick to jump to criticism but who never seem to comment on games

Now, there may be perfectly good reasons for this. Some may be busy with family or other business, others may not wish to post in the immediate aftermath; but on a day like today when there are so many positives and very few negatives to be taken from the action, come on - tell us what you thought about it. Then, during the week between games, those of us who do comment after matches might have a bit more insight into where you're coming from, rather than just having to deal with posts that are critical simply because you don't like some trivial aspect of a particular post, or poster

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 22:00 - Mar 4 with 5596 viewspioneer

Out of town on business so couldnt get to game...as a result I cannot comment on game as such but sounds like it was terrific entertainment and if we can give the best team in the league a hell of a game we should be up for the fight rest of the season.

But the winless steak continues...it would be good to get that monkey of our back asap...we are going nowhere fast if the draws continue.
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 22:03 - Mar 4 with 5581 viewsnigewilson

Well, couldn't get to the game because of work but here goes.. Followed it online and watched the highlights.
Fantastic stuff. Seemed to have everything. Exceptional fight from the Dale - when many teams would have rolled over, especially up against a quality outfit who looked nailed on to go up automatically.

BUT, can't help feeling the season is drifting away from us... I live down in Sussex and was quietly working out possible play off dates - up until a few games ago. Really thought that this was a season to take a run at the Championship - especially as on our day we can beat anyone. Perfect playoff team! Might get the usual comebacks "punching above our weight", "don't be greedy" etc but it's a mark of how far this team has come that I can feel a bit down about a top ten finish! Posh problems I suppose..
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 22:15]
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 22:44 - Mar 4 with 5443 viewsDaleiLama

I don't post much at the weekend due to outside constraints but feel obliged to comment on this .......... a proper game of football. I have it on good authority that the Blades weren't at their best today, but we were still under strength with Davies not lasting the full 90 and JB still out so it made for a very even contest which could've gone either way. I have seen less than 10 games this season, but that was the best for action, incident and suspense and it was a shame it had to end. I'm not going to play the woulda, shoulda coulda game, but comment on the bigger picture instead, by way of an alternative view.

I think we may have left it too late this season, but against Bolton, Fleetwood and Sheff U we have stood toe to toe and given very good accounts of ourselves. We are at least the equal of most of the teams in this division and we should reflect on just how far we have come. Of course, this season is by no means over but we have a huge hill to climb now and need another winning run. I guessed we'd come 6th pre-season. With better luck on suspensions, injuries and the pitch I think this could have happened. I'm less confident now but like Dale at 0-2 today I'm not throwing the towel in til the final whistle. The thing that really excites me though is next season. I was an advocate of the Done sale at the time as I saw it as a step up the ladder since we weren't ready then. Others saw it as going down a rung saying that you cant choose when to make a promotion push. How I see it is we keep building momentum, extending the right contracts, bringing new blood in and introducing academy players to firat team football (Ollie Rathbone is an oustanding emerging talent and we show-cased Morley's first contract today) and we are really knocking on the door now. I could be way off the mark with this, but I see us getting close again this year and enjoying post-season action next.

That was a great game of football today. But it was also a big test which we passed with flying colours, a validation of everything KH is acheiving here (only 7 days after losing his dad) and a big omen for the future of this club.

Up the Dale .......... the question now is when.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 22:47]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 22:56 - Mar 4 with 5400 viewsD_Alien

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 22:44 - Mar 4 by DaleiLama

I don't post much at the weekend due to outside constraints but feel obliged to comment on this .......... a proper game of football. I have it on good authority that the Blades weren't at their best today, but we were still under strength with Davies not lasting the full 90 and JB still out so it made for a very even contest which could've gone either way. I have seen less than 10 games this season, but that was the best for action, incident and suspense and it was a shame it had to end. I'm not going to play the woulda, shoulda coulda game, but comment on the bigger picture instead, by way of an alternative view.

I think we may have left it too late this season, but against Bolton, Fleetwood and Sheff U we have stood toe to toe and given very good accounts of ourselves. We are at least the equal of most of the teams in this division and we should reflect on just how far we have come. Of course, this season is by no means over but we have a huge hill to climb now and need another winning run. I guessed we'd come 6th pre-season. With better luck on suspensions, injuries and the pitch I think this could have happened. I'm less confident now but like Dale at 0-2 today I'm not throwing the towel in til the final whistle. The thing that really excites me though is next season. I was an advocate of the Done sale at the time as I saw it as a step up the ladder since we weren't ready then. Others saw it as going down a rung saying that you cant choose when to make a promotion push. How I see it is we keep building momentum, extending the right contracts, bringing new blood in and introducing academy players to firat team football (Ollie Rathbone is an oustanding emerging talent and we show-cased Morley's first contract today) and we are really knocking on the door now. I could be way off the mark with this, but I see us getting close again this year and enjoying post-season action next.

That was a great game of football today. But it was also a big test which we passed with flying colours, a validation of everything KH is acheiving here (only 7 days after losing his dad) and a big omen for the future of this club.

Up the Dale .......... the question now is when.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 22:47]

Fully understand the constraints issue, both for yourself and others

Great post, Dalei, and appreciate the thoughts of others too on our football today and progress in general because as you say, it is progress, even if we don't make the playoffs after such a catastrophic run of injuries

Let's have more of this these types of posts whenever possible because there's so much to celebrate - or commiserate when things don't go right

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:00 - Mar 5 with 5260 viewsrochedale

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 22:56 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

Fully understand the constraints issue, both for yourself and others

Great post, Dalei, and appreciate the thoughts of others too on our football today and progress in general because as you say, it is progress, even if we don't make the playoffs after such a catastrophic run of injuries

Let's have more of this these types of posts whenever possible because there's so much to celebrate - or commiserate when things don't go right

Never one to go in to detail regards individual performances. For me, going to the Dale on a Saturday is about having a good day, being entertained. Today we were. Enjoyed it, not too much to grumble about apart from the obvious. Crucially, we are still playing well, and no doubt the results will follow.

Credit to SU, great support, when they were winning, haven't heard a team so well supported, when they were winning.

Hendo will be gutted about their 3rd. All in all, there wasn't much difference. Let's just defend a little better for the remainder of the season, we may end up in the top 6.

Good day, well worth the entrance fee.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:09 - Mar 5 with 5230 viewsDalenet

This board has been flat for most of the season post game. I do wonder whether some people have stopped joining in because if they say anything negative they are chastised.

I thought it was a brilliant game today. Draw was a fair result and the character of the team after going 2-0 down was there to see. I thought the ref was poor - I don't mind fouls being given, but he was just inconsistent with his decisions. It took the gloss off the game at times. But he didn't change the game and he was no worse than Kevin Friend today

My man of the match was McGahey. He was strong, got down the wing and made some good crosses. But the team throughout were excellent and nobody had a howler. We need 9 points to catch up on a play-off spot. Unlikely now, but its not over til the fat lady sings.

Wilder made comments that the new pitch was dangerous - he said it hadn't settled and was very spongy. Has Hilly made a comment anywhere since the game about it? No wonder some of the players looked knackered
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:13 - Mar 5 with 5214 viewsDaley_Lama

We played the champions elect and because we had 9 of our best 11 out there, we matched them.

Life as a Rochdale fan.

Sheff Weds have the likes of Done/Clarke not even gracing the pitch, looked extremely strong, over-powering at times and that's all I will say of them.

As for us.

We haven't won for 8 or so games. This is because we have been unable to play our best team due to injuries. 2 key players came back and we are very competitive again.

Davis up front is better than Calvin is better than Joey T as the man up front.
Lund in the hole is better than anybody in that spot
Raffert0y (my player of the season) is our best RB by far and was sacrificed to fill into Lund's spot
We struggled for a LB then Bunney was a bonus in that spot then has been missed since December.

At our very best we are an absolute match for anybody in this division.

Sheff - 2 draws
Fleetwood - 4 points
Scunny - 3 points and away game to come
Boltion - Won at home, lost 1-0 at theirs in a game that could have gone either way
Milwall - Won at their place

13 games to go. Time to get on a roll.

Today gave me the confidence that we could do that.

Poll: DF in or out

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 06:47 - Mar 5 with 5056 viewsfrenzied

A very well earned point..gives you an idea of the mind set of the team..at 3 ..2. a less focused side would have capitulated against such strong opposition.

Play offs ?..unlikely hope more than expectation..we will prob stumble our way to 60 to 65 points finishing 8 th or 9th ..Wether in the summer we spend a few quid of the Hogan money on new players remains to be seen..I think Hilly is smart enough not to overpay .
Login to get fewer ads

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 07:25 - Mar 5 with 5019 viewsTheRazor

Blades fan here: Thought I should come on and offer my two-penneth seeing as you "accepted me into your fold" on here a few days ago.

Well, that was one hell of an entertaining game of football with some great goals in it. We were strangely below our best today but that's not to take anything away from Rochdale, who, to be honest, I thought slightly edged it if anything, overall. However, I don't think anyone can complain too much about the draw. As I said at the end, "probably a fair result".

Our game is normally a fast passing game on the deck. Quick one two's and little chips forward into space. We started this game hoofing it long for Hanson to wrestle with defenders. Seemed odd. We've got 3 midfielders who usually are like clockwork in the middle of the park. Coutts, Fleck and Duffy. Yesterday Coutts and Fleck just weren't at the races. Fleck in particular has been outstanding for the last few games but I'd have took him off yesterday - he was totally non-descript. I thought Duffy played well for us and caused you a lot of problems down the flank - and I thought Basham did really well for us too. But, for the most part, I thought Rochdale were quicker to the ball and moved it around very well indeed.

The first two goals we scored were sublime. Whatever your defender was thinking of passing it back to his keeper from inside the box like that - he must have had a rush of blood to the head. You don't want to give Duffy a chance to shoot at goal from there as you found out when he buried it in the net. The second goal was even better though. First time with his left peg from ...how far out? I've read 25 yards but I'd add another 10 yards to that based on what I remember (not seen the video yet). The guy who scored it, Lafferty, is not known for such endeavour! So it was amazing in more ways than one.

And all of a sudden we find ourselves 2 goals up against the run of play!

I think Mendez-Laing had a storming game on the flank. As you may know, we tend to play Jack O'Connell on the left in a back three. I think Jack's a great player, but he's a centre half by trade and I reckon he must have gone off with dizziness at half-time because Mendez-Laing tore him a new one, time and time again.

Steve Davies looks well off the pace fitness-wise to me, but he put himself about very well and was a handful - and of course he got on the end of that cross to chest the ball home to reduce the arrears.

As for McGahey, I didn't realise it was him bombing down the flank and putting the balls across. He never did that for us - mind you - we did have that idiot Nigel Adkins managing us then so that's no surprise.

You had another midfielder that took the eye and had a really good game - can't remember now whether it was 24 or 27 on the shirt (probably couldn't read it!). But he was buzzing around all over the place and very difficult to get the ball off.

I must admit, I thought when Sharp hit that deflected shot to put us 3-2 up that we may just hang on to take all 3 points. But, we didn't deserve to. I thought we looked vulnerable every time you crossed the ball into our box. Moore made a very good save at the foot of the post to keep out what looked like a definite equaliser and moments later we were wide open again when Mendez-Laing got into the box, made a lovely dummy to his left and slotted the ball home. That was a great goal too.

I think our boss described it as us having "a collective off-day". Which by our recent high standards it was. But I always think it sounds bad saying that, even though it is true, if you don't give the other team credit for what they contributed towards us having a collective off-day. And I thought Rochdale contributed a lot actually.

Obviously you don't play like that every week or you'd be higher up the league table. And obviously we don't play like that every week or we wouldn't be top of it!

A good afternoon's entertainment to be had then. Some great goals, some cracking end to end football and hopefully no unsavoury incidents to mention?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 7:27]
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 09:00 - Mar 5 with 4857 viewsdingdangblue

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 07:25 - Mar 5 by TheRazor

Blades fan here: Thought I should come on and offer my two-penneth seeing as you "accepted me into your fold" on here a few days ago.

Well, that was one hell of an entertaining game of football with some great goals in it. We were strangely below our best today but that's not to take anything away from Rochdale, who, to be honest, I thought slightly edged it if anything, overall. However, I don't think anyone can complain too much about the draw. As I said at the end, "probably a fair result".

Our game is normally a fast passing game on the deck. Quick one two's and little chips forward into space. We started this game hoofing it long for Hanson to wrestle with defenders. Seemed odd. We've got 3 midfielders who usually are like clockwork in the middle of the park. Coutts, Fleck and Duffy. Yesterday Coutts and Fleck just weren't at the races. Fleck in particular has been outstanding for the last few games but I'd have took him off yesterday - he was totally non-descript. I thought Duffy played well for us and caused you a lot of problems down the flank - and I thought Basham did really well for us too. But, for the most part, I thought Rochdale were quicker to the ball and moved it around very well indeed.

The first two goals we scored were sublime. Whatever your defender was thinking of passing it back to his keeper from inside the box like that - he must have had a rush of blood to the head. You don't want to give Duffy a chance to shoot at goal from there as you found out when he buried it in the net. The second goal was even better though. First time with his left peg from ...how far out? I've read 25 yards but I'd add another 10 yards to that based on what I remember (not seen the video yet). The guy who scored it, Lafferty, is not known for such endeavour! So it was amazing in more ways than one.

I think Mendez-Laing had a storming game on the flank. As you may know, we tend to play Jack O'Connell on the left in a back three. I think Jack's a great player, but he's a centre half by trade and I reckon he must have gone off with dizziness at half-time because Mendez-Laing tore him a new one, time and time again.

Steve Davies looks well off the pace fitness-wise to me, but he put himself about very well and was a handful - and of course he got on the end of that cross to chest the ball home to reduce the arrears.

As for McGahey, I didn't realise it was him bombing down the flank and putting the balls across. He never did that for us - mind you - we did have that idiot Nigel Adkins managing us then so that's no surprise.

You had another midfielder that took the eye and had a really good game - can't remember now whether it was 24 or 27 on the shirt (probably couldn't read it!). But he was buzzing around all over the place and very difficult to get the ball off.

I must admit, I thought when Sharp hit that deflected shot to put us 3-2 up that we may just hang on to take all 3 points. But, we didn't deserve to. I thought we looked vulnerable every time you crossed the ball into our box. Moore made a very good save at the foot of the post to keep out what looked like a definite equaliser and moments later we were wide open again when Mendez-Laing got into the box, made a lovely dummy to his left and slotted the ball home. That was a great goal too.

I think our boss described it as us having "a collective off-day". Which by our recent high standards it was. But I always think it sounds bad saying that, even though it is true, if you don't give the other team credit for what they contributed towards us having a collective off-day. And I thought Rochdale contributed a lot actually.

Obviously you don't play like that every week or you'd be higher up the league table. And obviously we don't play like that every week or we wouldn't be top of it!

A good afternoon's entertainment to be had then. Some great goals, some cracking end to end football and hopefully no unsavoury incidents to mention?

Cheers for that - great read. Number 24 was Jamie Allen - a little gem of a player - and but for Moore's save it would have made it 4-3 (it came just after Mendez Laing scored).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 4736 viewsrobbowood

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:00 - Mar 5 by rochedale

Never one to go in to detail regards individual performances. For me, going to the Dale on a Saturday is about having a good day, being entertained. Today we were. Enjoyed it, not too much to grumble about apart from the obvious. Crucially, we are still playing well, and no doubt the results will follow.

Credit to SU, great support, when they were winning, haven't heard a team so well supported, when they were winning.

Hendo will be gutted about their 3rd. All in all, there wasn't much difference. Let's just defend a little better for the remainder of the season, we may end up in the top 6.

Good day, well worth the entrance fee.

But what impressed me most was the "technique" of our players. There can be very feam teams in this divison who are technically as good as we are

Our long passing from one side of the pitch to the other was superb along with our close control in midfield. Jamie Allen had a great game

It was also good to see our players bombing down the wings at every opportunity

If we get entertainment as good as we got yesterday for the rest of our home games, regardless of whether or not we get into the play-offs, I will be more than happy
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 4709 viewsrobbowood

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:09 - Mar 5 by Dalenet

This board has been flat for most of the season post game. I do wonder whether some people have stopped joining in because if they say anything negative they are chastised.

I thought it was a brilliant game today. Draw was a fair result and the character of the team after going 2-0 down was there to see. I thought the ref was poor - I don't mind fouls being given, but he was just inconsistent with his decisions. It took the gloss off the game at times. But he didn't change the game and he was no worse than Kevin Friend today

My man of the match was McGahey. He was strong, got down the wing and made some good crosses. But the team throughout were excellent and nobody had a howler. We need 9 points to catch up on a play-off spot. Unlikely now, but its not over til the fat lady sings.

Wilder made comments that the new pitch was dangerous - he said it hadn't settled and was very spongy. Has Hilly made a comment anywhere since the game about it? No wonder some of the players looked knackered

The referee made one or two strange decisions but he was certainly not the worst we've had this season

Andy Cannon was very lucky not to get sent off when he tackled Duffy on the touchline. I was a few yards away and Cannon was late with his challenge and went right on Duffy's ankle with his studs- well after the ball was on its way into the goal area. It could easily have been a broken ankle and Duffy certainly wasn't feinging injury as some Dale fans near me were saying he was to the referee
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 09:49 - Mar 5 with 4706 views442Dale

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:13 - Mar 5 by Daley_Lama

We played the champions elect and because we had 9 of our best 11 out there, we matched them.

Life as a Rochdale fan.

Sheff Weds have the likes of Done/Clarke not even gracing the pitch, looked extremely strong, over-powering at times and that's all I will say of them.

As for us.

We haven't won for 8 or so games. This is because we have been unable to play our best team due to injuries. 2 key players came back and we are very competitive again.

Davis up front is better than Calvin is better than Joey T as the man up front.
Lund in the hole is better than anybody in that spot
Raffert0y (my player of the season) is our best RB by far and was sacrificed to fill into Lund's spot
We struggled for a LB then Bunney was a bonus in that spot then has been missed since December.

At our very best we are an absolute match for anybody in this division.

Sheff - 2 draws
Fleetwood - 4 points
Scunny - 3 points and away game to come
Boltion - Won at home, lost 1-0 at theirs in a game that could have gone either way
Milwall - Won at their place

13 games to go. Time to get on a roll.

Today gave me the confidence that we could do that.

Those are some great stats around our points return against the top teams. We've been as good as, if not slightly better than the team who will probably end up as champions in our two games against them.

I do think that while injuries gave affected us, it's how we've reacted to them that has been the main reason we've seen a poor rather than moderate return of points while players have been out. If we'd utilised players in their best positions rather than try and come up with complicated solutions we may well have ended up with 10 points from 8 games rather than the 4 we managed. Now while 10 from 8 games is hardly promotion form, look where those extra 6 points would put us...

Rafferty's employment in front of the defence is a great example of this - we worried too much about protecting the back four. Lund hadn't been playing that role, Camps had and while Lund's absence does affect us massively - he drives us forward and is a threat in the box too - it was very strange to see so many combinations in midfield involving players who don't usually play there (Rafferty, Kitching for most of the cup game, Thompson at Bolton in a diamond) There are of course times when players need a rest and there's a need for rotation, but with the players we've got we should have been able to do that and still maintain a settled side. Especially at full back, but we haven't got all morning to go into that again!

But if we get games like that until the end of the season and we draw them all 3-3 I'll be more than happy with the 61 points we'll end up with.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 9:54]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 10:15 - Mar 5 with 4636 viewsaleanddale

Gret game honestly thought Dale were the better side on a poor pitch on the day.

As Dalian put the save from Hendo header was at 3-3 NML had already equalised.

Spotland rocking it's always nice to see a big club fill that splendid away stand.

Daft mistake and a worldie and Dale are 0-2 after 10 minutes... The fact only a fantastic save stopped us winning is testament to how far we have progressed as a football club.

Unsavoury stuff razor was there in spades and at was all blades related.

A minority I am sure but invading the pitch and bringing "bombs" into the stadium is idiotic and disrespectful there should be banning orders for the people who think they can do what they like.
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 10:52 - Mar 5 with 4540 viewsD_Alien

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 07:25 - Mar 5 by TheRazor

Cheers Razor, you've been very welcome this week (the 'full of shite' was of course tongue in cheek stuff)

Just to add, yesterday was a return to our usual form with some key players back from injury. We were looking secure in 4th spot at the turn of the year, but these things happen and we're capable of bouncing back. Our play knocked your usual game out of its stride, and no criticism of your lads for that!

Just one more thing - make sure you take 3pts off teams between us and you from now on!

[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 10:55]

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 13:46 - Mar 5 with 4303 viewsrochdaleriddler

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:09 - Mar 5 by Dalenet

Post game is dangerous because I can let the beer do the talking, though our attacking was good, Harrison played well. The defence looked as dodgy as ever, cannon lucky not to be sent off. Home attendance was poor, but spirited Dale attacking play brought Dale fans to life. Glad Davies and Lund back. We probably going to finish 8 points adrift of play offs, some better loan deals might have seen us bridge that gap. Looking forward to rest of season, hope the pitch picks up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 14:35 - Mar 5 with 4223 viewsrod_leach

The highlights showed their man taking Wilson out just before their third goal. I didn't spot it at the time but it looks a good shout for a foul. The ref was right in line. Wilson couldn't make any attempt at a save. I guess no player claimed at the time, but looking back at it, I've seen them given.
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 14:53 - Mar 5 with 4184 viewsR17ALE

I rarely post in the immediate aftermath of a game because I try not to get too down if we lose or too giddy if we win.

This means I'll come across as upbeat in defeat and downbeat in victory - basically the polar opposite of a bucket!

But I do like to read other fans' interpretations of the same game I've just watched - particularly those from Pearl Street - as I sometimes wonder if I've been to the same game such is the diverse nature of contributions.

It's unusual for everybody on here to be in complete agreement that yesterday was a bloody good match, was a great advert for Dale and our style. And for us to be evenly matching a club the size of Sheffield United has always been beyond my wildest dreams as a Dale fan which shows, as a club, we're heading the right way. My ambition used to be nicking a point at Hartlepool!

My only gripe with some post-match posts (and it gets me irked) are those who weren't at the game and try telling those who were there what we've just watched based on a radio report or a BBC interview. There's one or two on here who hardly ever go to away matches, but arrogantly tell us what we've seen based on 1 minute of highlights.

Other than that, the post match analysis is usually very interesting!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 15:04 - Mar 5 with 4137 views1mark1

Fabulous result and proud of what I regard of as my team despite very rarely watching them nowadays, ( due to personal, family and work issues) , did yesterday against the clear best team in the division.

I don't comment on a performance unless I have watched a game, though sometimes comment whether or not I feel it's a good result or not. Sometimes I will comment on what I have seen on highlights, like last week on the sending offs, and how things look on that.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 15:22]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 15:05 - Mar 5 with 4134 viewsBobbyjoe

Interesting stats against top five teams. I remember another manager achieving similar. In his case, however, they were used as a stick with which to beat him.
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 15:19 - Mar 5 with 4085 viewsTVOS1907

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 15:05 - Mar 5 by Bobbyjoe

Interesting stats against top five teams. I remember another manager achieving similar. In his case, however, they were used as a stick with which to beat him.

Said manager probably didn't have us in the top half of League One three years in succession.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 20:16 - Mar 5 with 3756 viewsCanaDale

It sounded a great game, great team spirit to fight back against the leaders. I heard there was a pitch invasion from their lot at one point? what is it with that city's fans and behaving like absolute pricks.
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 20:47 - Mar 5 with 3695 viewsdalenumber2

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 20:16 - Mar 5 by CanaDale

It sounded a great game, great team spirit to fight back against the leaders. I heard there was a pitch invasion from their lot at one point? what is it with that city's fans and behaving like absolute pricks.

Quite flattering really that they were making such a big deal about scoring against us. It was as if they were playing in a cup final!
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 23:50 - Mar 5 with 3516 viewsTheRazor

Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 10:15 - Mar 5 by aleanddale

Gret game honestly thought Dale were the better side on a poor pitch on the day.

As Dalian put the save from Hendo header was at 3-3 NML had already equalised.

Spotland rocking it's always nice to see a big club fill that splendid away stand.

Daft mistake and a worldie and Dale are 0-2 after 10 minutes... The fact only a fantastic save stopped us winning is testament to how far we have progressed as a football club.

Unsavoury stuff razor was there in spades and at was all blades related.

A minority I am sure but invading the pitch and bringing "bombs" into the stadium is idiotic and disrespectful there should be banning orders for the people who think they can do what they like.

Totally agree about the moron who set off the fireworks in the stand. There's a thread on the S24SU messageboard about this. Some poor kid with autism was nearby when that went off and it really disturbed him. These folk should be banned for life imo.

I saw one "unsavoury" incident after the game. Going back to my car, we were crossing the road that leads to Ings Road where the away coaches were parked. Usual thing, loads of fans crossing the roads at the lights, when this dickhead in a little black hatchback comes tearing through the lights at speed, almost running people over. This Blades fan lashed out with his foot at the car and kicked his wing mirror off! The car braked and a guy jumped out the back, but decided not to pursue his complaint. Very wise!

We can't legislate for some morons unfortunately. But hopefully the memories are of a good game of football.
Your thoughts on a fabulous game on 00:43 - Mar 6 with 3467 viewsDaley_Lama

I used to try and do a 'just got back' - especially from home games for exiles and the like.

Now exiles can follow twitter/daleview etc and i turn into Gordon Ramsey for waifs and strays

GL razor for the title challenge, your team has far far more about it than Bolton or Fleetwood who we also drew with recently.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024