Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrison McGahey 08:38 - Mar 20 with 3519 viewsaleanddale

Just a quick word about this fella...

Improving week by week... Actually getting much much better with the offensive part of his role!

Big strong lad who has some pace when he gets going!!

If he can just get the defensive side improved 5% we have a player!

Incredible the lad is still only 21.

His reaction when we scored our 3rd on Saturday will do for me. Keep going Harrison lad!
Harrison McGahey on 09:20 - Mar 20 with 3441 viewsD_Alien

Whilst I agree, and to whoever it was who told us we'd be wishing him gone by this stage of the season, fb isn't his role

It's great that he's showing the footballing ability to be adaptable and the confidence to take on defenders when marauding upfield, but his future lies at cb and given the current rate of progress I reckon we have a potential star in the making

Another brilliant signing by KH

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harrison McGahey on 09:28 - Mar 20 with 3424 viewsDaleiLama

Harrison McGahey on 09:20 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Whilst I agree, and to whoever it was who told us we'd be wishing him gone by this stage of the season, fb isn't his role

It's great that he's showing the footballing ability to be adaptable and the confidence to take on defenders when marauding upfield, but his future lies at cb and given the current rate of progress I reckon we have a potential star in the making

The games I've seen him play at RB he's been excellent. But we already have a Raff . Good to know he can do that job if needed, but we then need quality cover at CB if he moves. Wish we had as good cover at LB for JB.

One thing is for sure, we need better overall defence next season. Get the 4 starters back first, then KH needs to assess cover options over the summer to make sure we drop fewer points when starters go down.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Harrison McGahey on 09:42 - Mar 20 with 3382 viewsborodale

There was some great performances on Saturday but Mcgahey stood out to me as well. Real potential and looks to be thriving under Hilly.
Harrison McGahey on 10:22 - Mar 20 with 3302 views1907

Harrison McGahey on 09:20 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

That would be me and I stand corrected.

I was over critical of a young player at a difficult time of the season, but I am really glad that he has proven me wrong.

He still has work to do with his final ball at fullback, however he has improved since his first performance there ten fold.

Still think CB is where he will realise his full potential.

I said this on Saturday but I do believe we are one left sided centre back short of a potentially very good defence.
Harrison McGahey on 10:32 - Mar 20 with 3276 viewsD_Alien

Harrison McGahey on 10:22 - Mar 20 by 1907

That would be me and I stand corrected.

I was over critical of a young player at a difficult time of the season, but I am really glad that he has proven me wrong.

He still has work to do with his final ball at fullback, however he has improved since his first performance there ten fold.

Still think CB is where he will realise his full potential.

I said this on Saturday but I do believe we are one left sided centre back short of a potentially very good defence.

Fair play to you for that

We've all questioned players at times. For instance, if NML continues with his new-found efforts throughout the 90 minutes then signs a new contract and continues that into next season, I'll hold my hands up too, because he's got the talent
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 10:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harrison McGahey on 10:40 - Mar 20 with 3252 viewssweetcorn

Mcgahey and Keane should be our CB pairing when both are fit.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Harrison McGahey on 10:44 - Mar 20 with 3231 viewsaleanddale

Three things stand as suprises to me.

1. He is a beast of a 21 year old! Twenty one!!
2. How much he has improved being given a licence to bomb on... Scares full backs the size of him!
3. His obvious delight when we score/win

No idea what he is like as a man / teammate but if his attitude is good then as before I look forward to seeing more of the fella!

Winner against bury please Harrison!!
Harrison McGahey on 10:48 - Mar 20 with 3208 viewsDaleFan7

He's hands down our best defender.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrison McGahey on 12:05 - Mar 20 with 3101 viewsShun

I can only agree with a lot of what's been posted today and over the past few days - he's improving all the time and we might have some player on our hands over the next few seasons. I actually think he's better at full back though. Whether that's where he'll end up I'm not sure, but I love the offensive side to his game. I was there at Walsall in one of his first games at right back (maybe his first). He only had 20 minutes or so there but he got forward a few times and made one of our goals. I like that he doesn't just run to the end of the pitch and cross it in in hope as a lot of full backs do, but he actually tries to run into the box a lot, ultimately causing a lot of problems.

Keep it up, Harrison!
Harrison McGahey on 20:01 - Mar 20 with 2755 viewsboromat

He has played very well at right back but is also obviously a CB. I think his time at RB will help him though with his pace and ball control. He looks more and more assured with the ball. Think he'll be a cracking player in a few years.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrison McGahey on 21:29 - Mar 20 with 2673 viewsfrenzied

Played very well on Saturday..may need to be more disciplined in his defensive role when up against a more offensive side than Gillingham...where do you see Andy Cannons future to be in the side?
Harrison McGahey on 21:44 - Mar 20 with 2647 viewsboromat

Harrison McGahey on 10:40 - Mar 20 by sweetcorn

Mcgahey and Keane should be our CB pairing when both are fit.

I agree that they are our two best centre backs just a shame neither is left footed.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrison McGahey on 21:54 - Mar 20 with 2634 views442Dale

Harrison McGahey on 21:44 - Mar 20 by boromat

I agree that they are our two best centre backs just a shame neither is left footed.

That's become such a thing in recent years and, even though the reasons are obvious, far too much importance is placed upon it.

We got promoted with Dawson and Stanton as our CH pairing, both right footed. Ditto Dawson and Holness who had a great season in L1 in 10/11. The right footed Rory McArdle had a very good season alongside Stanton when we got to Wembley as well. Going back a bit further, Reeves and Butler were both right footed and there are plenty more.

If we can get Keane fit, he should play with McGahey who is already further along at this stage of his Dale career than Butler, McArdle and Holness. He'll make us some very good money in a couple of years.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Harrison McGahey on 07:58 - Apr 15 with 2290 viewsaleanddale

Mom v Bury.

Huge turnaround seems to be improving week by week.

Excellent performance Thursday night.
Harrison McGahey on 08:09 - Apr 15 with 2274 views442Dale

Harrison McGahey on 07:58 - Apr 15 by aleanddale

Mom v Bury.

Huge turnaround seems to be improving week by week.

Excellent performance Thursday night.

It's not a turnaround, he started the season well then hit a dodgy period and was replaced by Keane. The ability and potential was always there and he's done well in the main with McNulty as his partner.

The aforementioned point about pairing him with Keane is another missed opportunity to add to the list; there's a very good chance we'd be nearer, or possibly in, the top six now if we'd tried them together at some stage.

Harrison McGahey on 09:32 - Apr 15 with 2140 viewsDaley_Lama

60 league goals conceeded.

Joe Bunney super left back
Raffery possible player of the season
Harrison 2nd most improved player
Keane sigbing of the season

I know injuries have played a part, but signing a left back, centre back and keeper would be my shopping list this summer above anything else.

Poll: DF in or out

Harrison McGahey on 09:37 - Apr 15 with 2125 views442Dale

Harrison McGahey on 09:32 - Apr 15 by Daley_Lama

60 league goals conceeded.

Joe Bunney super left back
Raffery possible player of the season
Harrison 2nd most improved player
Keane sigbing of the season

I know injuries have played a part, but signing a left back, centre back and keeper would be my shopping list this summer above anything else.

Kitching needs to be given a go on Monday to illustrate that he can be Bunney's deputy next season. If he can't then get someone else in and let him go out on loan for the season. The way Hill talked about him initially indicated we have a very good player, that judgment needs to be backed by games.

A CH is key and one decent utility player a la Bennett.

Harrison McGahey on 20:09 - Apr 16 with 1599 viewsBrierls

McGahey is showing real signs of fulfilling his potential. He did a decent job at right back, surprising many (myself included) with his mobility and coolness on the ball, but his future is surely at centre half. Strong, good in the air, good pace, and now his reading of the game seems to be improving every week.Sign a solid leader of a centre half to play alongside McGahey and I think he, and Dale's defensive capability, will come on leaps and bounds.

I thought Keane was very good at centre half, but after seeing him play the defensive midfield role I think that's where he should be playing. A solid centre half pairing with Keane in front of them will give us a very good foundation.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2017 20:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024