Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Moyes 09:37 - Apr 4 with 2038 viewsmingthemerciless

Anybody else think the guy is getting a raw deal in the press ? We 're getting a little bit too precious as a nation. It was a bit of a " foot in the mouth " moment but for him to lose his job over it would be ridiculous.
David Moyes on 09:50 - Apr 4 with 2005 viewsDaleFan7

Everything being OTT and PC is ridiculous these days but he knows he can't do it and there was really no need for the comment at all. Only himself to blame if he does lose his job ( I don't think he should). But he should be disciplined for it, I know I would be if I said something like that to a colleague at work, male or female.
David Moyes on 10:13 - Apr 4 with 1965 viewsAtThePeake

I reckon he should lose his job for a multitude of reasons, the main one being an inability to do it.

Tangled up in blue.

David Moyes on 13:37 - Apr 4 with 1768 viewsScunnydale

It was a ridiculous thing for someone in the public eye to say. Even if it was a joke (I've not seen the context), he needs to realise that things we, as unimportant members of the public, could get away with saying are different to things he can say.

But people (on social media and not just the Press) do appear to like a good lynch-mob mentality at the moment. Social media platforms tend to give unnecessary weight to ridiculous views and opinions and, consequently, we see more and more attention being given to relatively insignificant matters.

Down with this sort of thing. ;)
David Moyes on 13:48 - Apr 4 with 1741 viewsArthurDaley

FFS, the way I saw it Moyes made a bit of a light hearted remark. The lady reporter didn't make a complaint. Moyes has apologised to her, she has accepted it. But enter the
outraged brigade, who have to find something to be outraged about.

A large VAT Dave

David Moyes on 15:17 - Apr 4 with 1640 viewsChaffRAFC

It's utterly ridiculous. A light hearted comment and a massive example why modern life is shite.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

David Moyes on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 1590 viewsR17ALE

It was a light-hearted, throwaway quip said to her after she asked the sort of searching questions interviewers should ask. The trouble with society is they are too quick to get upset.

In the papers today there was a story about a woman who has been awarded damages of £360,000 due to stress, anxiety and depression she suffered having been told at work that women take things more emotionally than men.

Apparently this is very sexist and it has upset the woman (from Lancashire!) so much she hasn't been able to work for the last 11 years!

In the real world meanwhile, I often get told by my Yorkshire customers that I'm a robbing Lancashire coont. Or by one, "that Rochdale tvvat".

We have a laugh about it, I rob them a bit more, and then go on my merry way.

To be fair to the female reporter, she's been fine about it and I suspect is puzzled at the subsequent furore.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

David Moyes on 16:09 - Apr 4 with 1550 viewsD_Alien

It was a pretty thoughtless remark by Moyes, and he's admitted as much

What's happened since is pressure being put on the FA to make an example of him in an effort to look like they're doing something about sexism in the game, and it pretty much leaves them no choice but to do so or look like they don't 'care'

His punishment should clearly be a couple of hours in the stocks in Sunderland town centre on a Friday night with all females invited to give him a good slapping, possibly with a wet fish

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

David Moyes on 16:51 - Apr 4 with 1472 viewsAtThePeake

David Moyes on 16:09 - Apr 4 by D_Alien

It was a pretty thoughtless remark by Moyes, and he's admitted as much

What's happened since is pressure being put on the FA to make an example of him in an effort to look like they're doing something about sexism in the game, and it pretty much leaves them no choice but to do so or look like they don't 'care'

His punishment should clearly be a couple of hours in the stocks in Sunderland town centre on a Friday night with all females invited to give him a good slapping, possibly with a wet fish

After spending three years at uni there I can tell you that a couple of hours in Sunderland city centre on a Friday night is punishment enough without the slapping!

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

David Moyes on 05:43 - Apr 5 with 1335 viewsdownunder

As he is Scottish, whatever the outcome of the enquiry will, according to SNP, not apply.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024