Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Blades, Hello Donny 19:00 - Apr 8 with 2482 viewsD_Dale

At least we can now start thinking about the other 23 teams in L1 next season.

Despite losing today, Bolton look to be near-certain for promotion as runners up to Sheff Utd. Probably for the best if Southend or Millwall go up via the play-offs.

As well as Rotherham coming down, it looks like Wigan and probably Blackburn.

Although they both won today, Coventry and - though it's a pity in a way - Chesterfield look bound for L2. I'd prefer Swindon and Gillingham to join them. Good win for Oldham today, but losing again puts bury closer to the drop. Still, they'll be hopeful about Dale's away form continuing.

Plymouth and Portsmouth will likely be promoted from L2 along with Doncaster. Via the play-offs I'd opt for Blackpool (a matter of geography, not a fondness for the club) but it could well be Luton.
Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 23:38 - Apr 8 with 2327 viewsDaley_Lama

Donny Away: Best stewards i've ever met.

Sheff U: Have fun being a small fish in a big pond once more. Two fans on Radio 5 tonight, both said exactly the same things. 1. Wednesday are rubbish. 2. Thank god we are out of this xxxx division and wont have to go to ickle clubs like Oxford and Swindon

Poll: DF in or out

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 23:47 - Apr 8 with 2318 viewsscarrow

Play Off winners from L2 for me anyone but Luton - one of the very few grounds I can’t stand visiting

Poll: Final position

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 00:03 - Apr 9 with 2304 viewsD_Alien

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 23:38 - Apr 8 by Daley_Lama

Donny Away: Best stewards i've ever met.

Sheff U: Have fun being a small fish in a big pond once more. Two fans on Radio 5 tonight, both said exactly the same things. 1. Wednesday are rubbish. 2. Thank god we are out of this xxxx division and wont have to go to ickle clubs like Oxford and Swindon

It's a compliment to us that we weren't one of the ickle clubs they got the jitters about going to!

Fact is, in terms of performance and financial health, we're a million miles from being ickle

L1 2017/18 is shaping up to be a good one, and we'll be contenders

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 10:42 - Apr 11 with 2077 viewsfitzochris

I think 442 mentioned it on another thread that, from Christmas, we only needed to maintain average form to secure a play-off spot. Instead, we’ve displayed very poor form (entertainment value of individual games aside) and that is what has cost us this season. The post-Barrow-match spell was particularly damaging — without a win in 10 league games.

Keith Hill knows it (and said as much after the Shrewsbury defeat) and so will the players. You can blame injuries, ill-discipline, poor recruitment or poor selections, but whatever it’s down to, it’s happened. It’s now about ensuring we finish as strongly as possible for the record books, prize money and league cup seeding.

Still, I ain’t going to knock a season where Dale finish in the upper reaches of League One, given that I’ve seen us finish in the lower reaches of the bottom division during most of my years supporting the club (although the longer Keith Hill is associated with the club, that negative stat is changing).

As D_Alien says, we will be contenders again next season (unless Hill fooks off in the summer).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 1993 viewsShun

I forgot about League Cup seeding. Do we just have to finish in the top half of League One for that?
Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 12:04 - Apr 11 with 1959 viewsTVOS1907

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 11:43 - Apr 11 by Shun

I forgot about League Cup seeding. Do we just have to finish in the top half of League One for that?

It varies marginally from year to year depending on how many clubs are in Europe and the subsequent knock-on effect to the earlier rounds of the EFL Cup. Top half will definitely do it, though.

In this season, everyone from 13th place (Peterborough) upwards was seeded.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 13:08 - Apr 11 with 1860 viewsD_Alien

So to make the seeded batch, we'll need to use our loaf?

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 14:58 - Apr 11 with 1786 viewsDaleiLama

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 13:08 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

So to make the seeded batch, we'll need to use our loaf?

Then we make the cut?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 15:29 - Apr 11 with 1748 viewsD_Alien

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 14:58 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

Then we make the cut?

Yep. Then we get to play, dough

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 17:19 - Apr 11 with 1655 viewssteofthedale

Does Sheff Utd's promotion trigger a payment from the Matty Done transfer?

steofthedale*

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 20:58 - Apr 11 with 1562 views442Dale

Bye Blades, Hello Donny on 17:19 - Apr 11 by steofthedale

Does Sheff Utd's promotion trigger a payment from the Matty Done transfer?

Something we could put to one side to help pay his wages next season...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024