Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lund the elephant in the room 11:47 - Apr 14 with 3589 viewsboromat

Not seen it mentioned much what we all thinking has he played his last game? I'm thinking the same could be said about Donal maybe?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lund the elephant in the room on 11:56 - Apr 14 with 3554 viewsmacro

RNL
Lund the elephant in the room on 12:06 - Apr 14 with 3517 viewsisitme

In his post match interview Hill said that he wanted to revert to the Chesterfield away tactic of playing Keane in midfield and that McGahey was needed to combat Vaughan as McGahey is quick. Therefore Lund was the one to miss out.

I suspect that Lund and McDermott have played their last games for the club. A fit and firing Lund is an excellent player at this level and no surprise he is looking for a move to a bigger club. Time spent unavailable due to injuries and suspensions may mean that he might not get quite the move he is looking for but I would expect he will earn a decent pay rise somewhere in the summer.

McDermott has shot himself in the foot. He played well at the start of last season, but has been poor for the vast majority of this one. There has been talk of his agent wanting him to be given a massive pay rise to sign a new contract as well. It would not surprise me to see him back in non league football again next season. Another sorry tale of wasted talent.

RNL also did not make the bench last night, which he has been recently, which could also suggest that he will be getting released in the summer. Another player with talent, but not enough application and consistency. He has also struggled with injuries this season.
Lund the elephant in the room on 15:00 - Apr 14 with 3229 viewsratmandale

Can't help but think that RNL has been a waste of wages, despite the fact he's probably not on big money. To say hill released him initially last summer I did think he'd have been given more game time out of principle more than anything, although I'm glad he hasn't. Always been a yard off the pace for me, injured too frequently and never applied himself fully to our ethos IMO. Could've brought in a young, hungry rough diamond on the same wages and would probably have got more game time out of them.
Lund the elephant in the room on 22:52 - Apr 14 with 2858 viewsboromat

Lund the elephant in the room on 15:00 - Apr 14 by ratmandale

Can't help but think that RNL has been a waste of wages, despite the fact he's probably not on big money. To say hill released him initially last summer I did think he'd have been given more game time out of principle more than anything, although I'm glad he hasn't. Always been a yard off the pace for me, injured too frequently and never applied himself fully to our ethos IMO. Could've brought in a young, hungry rough diamond on the same wages and would probably have got more game time out of them.

I'm not sold on RNL but to be fair to him every time he's played this year he's performed and I'm surprised he's not had more game time. He could stay yet but Lund and Donal are on their way out by the looks of it. Linda problem is fitness he'd easily fit into a championship team but he's not consistently fit.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lund the elephant in the room on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 2812 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Lund is almost like the Peter Cavanagh situation I feel, great when they play, but we just don't get enough minutes vs wage time out of him!

I don't know the stats but i'd be astounded if we have ever had 30 games out of him in a season. He'll be another Matty Done and will be begging to come back to us in 18 months.

Donal has been a waste of space this season, he can go.

RNL has been in last chance saloon twice, has to go.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 23:12]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Lund the elephant in the room on 00:40 - Apr 15 with 2670 viewssandy_dale

Lund the elephant in the room on 15:00 - Apr 14 by ratmandale

Definitely not Been a waste of wages as he was extremely useful during our mid season struggle, in terms of filling a position which is obviously why he was signed.
Lund the elephant in the room on 10:41 - Apr 15 with 2403 viewsColDale

RNL has looked a far better player this season, and I'm surprised he's not been given more of a run out at left back during Bunney's absence. But we can't possibly justify keeping him when he's made just three starts all season.
Lund the elephant in the room on 20:15 - Apr 16 with 1850 viewsBrierls

It will be a real shame if Matty Lund's Dale career comes to an end like this. Obviously we're not privy to what is going on behind the scenes, but I hope we see Lund in a Dale shirt again.

I fully expect him to leave in the summer, and contrary to what others have said I think we do get an awful lot of value from him and he'll be a big miss. In Hilly we trust...I remember saying the same about JK, and his replacement wasn't bad.
Login to get fewer ads

Lund the elephant in the room on 20:58 - Apr 16 with 1762 views49thseason

Lund the elephant in the room on 23:09 - Apr 14 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Lund is almost like the Peter Cavanagh situation I feel, great when they play, but we just don't get enough minutes vs wage time out of him!

I don't know the stats but i'd be astounded if we have ever had 30 games out of him in a season. He'll be another Matty Done and will be begging to come back to us in 18 months.

Donal has been a waste of space this season, he can go.

RNL has been in last chance saloon twice, has to go.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 23:12]

In the last four seasons we have played 213 games to date:
Lund (age 26) has featured in 61% of them (129), scored 21 goals and got 39 yellow and 2 red cards
Bunney (23) has played 53% (113), scored 15 goals got 9 yellows and 1 red
Camps (21) has played 56% (120), scored 14, got 11 yellows and 1 red
Allen (22) has played in 67% (144) scored 11, with 9 yellows and 0 reds
Vincenti (30) has played in 70% (150)scored 26, got 27 yellows and 1 red
Rafferty (23) has played in 71%, (152) scored 3 goals got 26 yellows and 3 reds
Henderson (32) has played in 89% (189), scored 64 got 22 yellows and 4 reds

These 3 are our longest serving outfield players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024