Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The screen. 12:33 - Apr 30 with 7858 viewsDaleFan7

If anyone puts money to this they want their head testing.

It's a blown up smart phone that hasnt fully worked for most of the time its been there and when it does all it displays is the score, which everyone is aware of.
The screen. on 12:54 - Apr 30 with 6750 viewsisitme

It is much smaller than I thought it would be, especially for highlights which were being shown before the game.
The screen. on 12:55 - Apr 30 with 6742 viewsSandyDrum

Would be a complete waste of money, think we'd be paying £54k per pixel if we bought it.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

The screen. on 12:57 - Apr 30 with 6725 views442Dale

Forgetting the issues with the missing bits of the screen that looked a bit like my avatar for a minute, shouldn't it be showcasing sponsors on and off throughout the game and not just half time?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The screen. on 13:09 - Apr 30 with 6672 viewsDaleFan7

Apparently we've given 50 free tickets to potential sponsors today. I'd expect a take up of 0/50.
The screen. on 14:54 - Apr 30 with 6445 viewsDale2017

Could barely make any of the screen out in the sandy. If we are to invest in it then it needs to be accessible to all dale fans.
The screen. on 14:59 - Apr 30 with 6375 viewshxdale

The screen. on 14:54 - Apr 30 by Dale2017

Could barely make any of the screen out in the sandy. If we are to invest in it then it needs to be accessible to all dale fans.

It's a no from me
The screen. on 15:01 - Apr 30 with 6344 viewsfrequency

Its a no from me

Hate city

The screen. on 15:09 - Apr 30 with 6270 viewsbrady

Looks cock eyed from the main stand
Login to get fewer ads

The screen. on 15:35 - Apr 30 with 6159 viewsKnowlesy

Awful!

The game 'started' twice according to the board before the first whistle sounded, I understand the issues before the game with the audio as obviously they can't wire it in properly without it being actually theirs.

It looked tinpot at half time with a couple of shite static graphics. Looked even more tinpot when it kept switching itself off and then coming on with big squares missing. Lots of things need addressing before we should even consider investing in it.
The screen. on 15:37 - Apr 30 with 6134 viewsNogintheNog

The screen. on 15:35 - Apr 30 by Knowlesy

Awful!

The game 'started' twice according to the board before the first whistle sounded, I understand the issues before the game with the audio as obviously they can't wire it in properly without it being actually theirs.

It looked tinpot at half time with a couple of shite static graphics. Looked even more tinpot when it kept switching itself off and then coming on with big squares missing. Lots of things need addressing before we should even consider investing in it.

Its a no from me.
The screen. on 15:39 - Apr 30 with 6114 viewsDalenet

We have a lot more important things to spend money on than that. It was awful.
The screen. on 16:37 - Apr 30 with 5867 viewsDaveDave

But wasn't it great to be able to hold a conversation with those around us before the match without having to be subjected to the ear-blowing sounds of Sweetmore.

The screen. on 17:44 - Apr 30 with 5666 viewsNinco

When I saw the name of the company, I recognised it as the company that run the score board at Old Trafford cricket ground and I expected it to be the same. However it was about half the size and the volume was so low that you could barely hear it in the main stand. From it's position I doubt that a lot of people could see it.
The screen. on 17:49 - Apr 30 with 5634 viewsToffeemanc

There is no way the position of the screen will be changed if we buy it as I'm sure one of the main uses was for roadside advertising onto sandy lane which wouldn't work from anywhere else in the stadium. From Pearl Street it didn't look too bad , but couldn't hear a bloody thing on it and we weren't making any noise in the stand either.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The screen. on 18:01 - Apr 30 with 5590 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Back in the day you could rent a much better version of that from Rediffusion on Yorkshire Street for £2-3sh-6d per week!

Do they have a shop soiled one for £10k?
The screen. on 07:36 - May 1 with 5100 viewsRalphs12

The screen. on 17:49 - Apr 30 by Toffeemanc

There is no way the position of the screen will be changed if we buy it as I'm sure one of the main uses was for roadside advertising onto sandy lane which wouldn't work from anywhere else in the stadium. From Pearl Street it didn't look too bad , but couldn't hear a bloody thing on it and we weren't making any noise in the stand either.

It has sound? As other people have said the screen was a waste of time.

I sat in the pearl street for the first time in many years, not only could I not see the writing on the screen when it was on. But as others have said the game started several times. Also it seems like they tried to rotate it before the game and it got stuck. Poor.

Don't know how people can sit in the pearl street week on week, the sound from the tannoy is far to loud.
The screen. on 08:04 - May 1 with 5022 viewsDaley_Lama

In it's defence. It was a trial.

When trialling something in IT land, you do not develop a full end to end solution, spend weeks and months ironing out glitches. Equally you don't spend wads of money developing full functionality.

The screen will likely have been in place and showcased for free or very little. The sellers will have done so in the hope of a hardwarw sale and ongoing annual software cost). To sell something like this you need to demonstrate it. That was what yesterday was.

The potential for this is quite good.

Advertising revenue would be great. imagine the interest to natioanal advertisers, not just local ones because of the roadside factor.

There is a big outlay however and i would suggest the vast majority of this will need to come from advertisers. Give us a grand and you get 'this' all next season.

The alternate would be to lease one of these screens, minimal capex if that was an option. Then a season long trial could occur to see if the revenue out-weighed the opex.

I agree in it's current form it added little to the match day experience but that doesn't mean that the end solution would be worthless. Club's challenge is raising the money without funding too much of that itself.

Poll: DF in or out

The screen. on 08:22 - May 1 with 4955 viewsThe_DJ

An audition rather than a trial which sadly failed on a grand scale.

The idea is good but the club need to look further than the one company and get a bigger fixed screen at better price.
The screen. on 08:28 - May 1 with 4922 viewsDaley_Lama

Fixed or rotating.

Depends on the potential advertising cost, i reckon at it's current size it would be fine for roadside advertising. I suspect this is the main benefit of such a screen, potential income.

If it paid for itself in its current state over 5 years it might be worth doing. A bigger one would no doubt cost a lot more.

Agree totally about shoppung around.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 8:29]

Poll: DF in or out

The screen. on 09:52 - May 1 with 4665 viewsrafc1984

Yes I agree with the majority on this thread it's crap, proper tinpot. From our seats high up in the pearl street you could barely make out the visuals and as for audio, didn't hear a thing.
As for an advertising stream, I think some people at the club might be getting carried away with themselves, ffs it's on a corner off wilbutts / Sandy lane not slap bang in the middle of a major roundabout in the centre of Manchester.
If the club is to buy it, then it needs to be twice the size it is, one of the lads commented that his lounge TV was bigger than it.
I for one definitely won't be contributing towards it, throw the money at offering NML a better contract.
The screen. on 11:47 - May 1 with 4491 viewsParkinsGimp

Its a no for me, and asking the fans to pay for it as well . No chance.
The screen. on 14:28 - May 1 with 4380 viewsaleanddale

If the glitches can be ironed out and it pays for itself in 5 years it's a welcome addition.

When it's rotated can it be seen from sandy lane?

When it worked yesterday I thought it looked quite good!! I appreciate showing the incorrect time and pixelating in various areas is a frustration but that's the whole point of the trial?
The screen. on 14:40 - May 1 with 4339 viewsDaleiLama

The screen. on 14:28 - May 1 by aleanddale

If the glitches can be ironed out and it pays for itself in 5 years it's a welcome addition.

When it's rotated can it be seen from sandy lane?

When it worked yesterday I thought it looked quite good!! I appreciate showing the incorrect time and pixelating in various areas is a frustration but that's the whole point of the trial?

I could be wrong, but I thought the purpose of the trial was to showcase it working and illustrating the benefits to potential sponsors, advertisers and fans.I wasn't even aware it had sound. As for reliability ....... as suggested earlier, maybe something worth renting for a season on a try-before-you-buy type of deal with a % of the rental going towards a purchase if it pays for itself?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The screen. on 21:05 - May 2 with 3879 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The screen. on 14:40 - May 1 by DaleiLama

I could be wrong, but I thought the purpose of the trial was to showcase it working and illustrating the benefits to potential sponsors, advertisers and fans.I wasn't even aware it had sound. As for reliability ....... as suggested earlier, maybe something worth renting for a season on a try-before-you-buy type of deal with a % of the rental going towards a purchase if it pays for itself?

Yep........we spent an age deciding on the Frost Covers and they just about appear to be fit for purpose..........give this a decent try first....we can't afford to shell out £108k on a whim.
The screen. on 21:11 - May 2 with 3861 viewsssimp62

People around me and my friends in the main stand (Sandy Lane end) thought the idea was good it just was maybe a bit small. Maybe the club could try another company / bigger screen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024