Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spanishdale. 19:17 - Jun 15 with 32377 viewsBeckWMG

Good evening.

I'd like to have everyone's opinion on an idea myself and a fellow Dale fan came up with.
I don't post on here often but you may or may not know me better as "Jonny Vimto" on twitter.

If you post often on twitter you will be well aware of the loveable Spanishdale, who's dream it is to come and watch the mighty Dale one day.

I asked him casually on twitter about it the other day offering him full board at my gaff if he could enquire about the flights.
He gracefully turned my offer down, I think he was a little embarrassed or maybe cannot afford the flights (total guess btw)

I got chatting to Darren Roy or @Dazzler36 on twitter (Sorry Darren don't know your UN on here) and we thought it would be a lovely gesture if a few of us could put our hand in our pocket and try and get the lad over here.

Darren has got the bare bones of a GoFundMe page ready to go but just wanted to gauge everyone's
opinion on here first.

If it did get off the ground then it would be lovely for the lad to have a weekend watching the Dale and maybe meet the players and have a tour of the ground etc.

Just a quick ball park figure, Sept flights to Manchester and back are £100.

Anyway, your thoughts please.

Up the Dale.

@bluejonnyvimto
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 19:19]
Spanishdale. on 17:14 - Jul 6 with 3229 viewsboromat

Spanishdale. on 15:39 - Jul 6 by DaleiLama

2/3rds of the way there in 2 1/2 hours.

Looking like an easy target this one.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Spanishdale. on 17:24 - Jul 6 with 3212 viewsstigmundo77

We're a good bunch
Spanishdale. on 19:44 - Jul 6 with 3101 viewsRAFCBLUE

Just donated and good to see the £200 target achieved!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Spanishdale. on 21:03 - Jul 6 with 3019 viewsboromat

Great news over the target and I suppose the more we get the more of a trip we can make it for the lad.

Good Job All!

Spanishdale. on 21:05 - Jul 6 with 3017 viewsDaleiLama

Spanishdale. on 21:03 - Jul 6 by boromat

Great news over the target and I suppose the more we get the more of a trip we can make it for the lad.

Good Job All!

Would love to see his face when he gets news of this. When is he going to be invited?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Spanishdale. on 21:07 - Jul 6 with 3008 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 19:44 - Jul 6 by RAFCBLUE

Just donated and good to see the £200 target achieved!

WOW. This is amazing. Thank you everyone for your donations so far. I haven't put in yet either!

Although the target is met, I'd still like people to donate if you can. We can buy him memorabilia, shirt, scarf and other paraphernalia.

Due to the amazing response, I have contacted SpanishDale and told him what's going on and sent him a link to the funding page. I don't know what his response will be but as soon as I receive a reply I will let you know!

Thank you all again for your donations. I'm overwhelmed by your generosity.

@bluejonnyvimto
Spanishdale. on 21:11 - Jul 6 with 3000 viewsnordenblue

Spanishdale. on 21:07 - Jul 6 by BeckWMG

WOW. This is amazing. Thank you everyone for your donations so far. I haven't put in yet either!

Although the target is met, I'd still like people to donate if you can. We can buy him memorabilia, shirt, scarf and other paraphernalia.

Due to the amazing response, I have contacted SpanishDale and told him what's going on and sent him a link to the funding page. I don't know what his response will be but as soon as I receive a reply I will let you know!

Thank you all again for your donations. I'm overwhelmed by your generosity.

@bluejonnyvimto

Well done on the planning of it All,it would make a brilliant story for the local news and show the club/town in a very good light too.... after mostly negative press for years
Spanishdale. on 21:25 - Jul 6 with 2965 viewsDaleiLama

Spanishdale. on 21:11 - Jul 6 by nordenblue

Well done on the planning of it All,it would make a brilliant story for the local news and show the club/town in a very good light too.... after mostly negative press for years

Unfortunately, bad news seems to sell better than good news these days. Sign o't times.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Spanishdale. on 22:07 - Jul 6 with 2917 viewschalkyncfc

Well done to all of you who reached the target with no effort at all,I've got to admit that I'm very impressed,like others have said it would be worthwhile getting the local press informed and maybe a feature in the following months program
Spanishdale. on 00:51 - Jul 7 with 2817 viewskiwidale

Spanishdale. on 22:07 - Jul 6 by chalkyncfc

Well done to all of you who reached the target with no effort at all,I've got to admit that I'm very impressed,like others have said it would be worthwhile getting the local press informed and maybe a feature in the following months program

this could develop into a big story if covered by not only local but also national press even Spanish press. maybe Leanne or someone on here could set this up, its the kind of quirky story that people warm to and could bring lots of good press to the club and town.

This is not the time for bickering.

Spanishdale. on 05:47 - Jul 7 with 2771 viewsColDale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/45937
Spanishdale. on 08:35 - Jul 7 with 2671 viewsaleanddale

Spanishdale. on 00:51 - Jul 7 by kiwidale

this could develop into a big story if covered by not only local but also national press even Spanish press. maybe Leanne or someone on here could set this up, its the kind of quirky story that people warm to and could bring lots of good press to the club and town.

Agreed.

Hope the lad can make it now!

Maybe he could draw the golden gamble at half time. Not read the whole thread but I think I read the club has agreed to make a fuss of him.

Sky would love the story and cover it for sure IMO.
Spanishdale. on 09:06 - Jul 7 with 2643 viewsAtThePeake

This is the sort of thing that makes me proud to support Rochdale.

Tangled up in blue.

Spanishdale. on 13:08 - Jul 7 with 2470 viewsDAZROY36

Latest total
£295!!!!!
Spanishdale. on 13:21 - Jul 7 with 2449 viewsJames1980

Fantastic! Wouldn't it be great if there was a feature on Soccer Saturday or Goal Rush. Perhaps TalkSport or Radio 5 might do a feature.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Spanishdale. on 16:03 - Jul 7 with 2306 viewsBeckWMG

NEW TOTAL £325.

I'm pleased to tell everyone that SpanishDale is now aware of what everyone has done for him and he has agreed to come over! He is overwhelmed.

I've managed to get a WhatsApp group up and running so I can speak to him easily.

I know there are several people who haven't yet donated, myself included as they wait for pay day etc.

We decided to use CrowdFunding so it was transparent for everyone to see. The site will take 5% of the donation but I felt it was better his way. Hope you all agree.

My next step is to get SpanishDale registered on the forum so we can all get familiar with him, especially the folk that don't use twitter.

Although myself and Daz expected a good response to this idea, I don't think we expected this level of genourosity so I thank you all very much.

I can't wait to finally get him to sunny Rochdale!!
Spanishdale. on 16:52 - Jul 7 with 2265 viewsisitme

Well done to all involved, especially the organisers.
Spanishdale. on 17:36 - Jul 7 with 2222 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 22:07 - Jul 6 by chalkyncfc

Just had a phone call from a Rochdale Online reporter. They are running a story on this. Likely to be ready for Monday. Will add the link when I have it
Spanishdale. on 18:50 - Jul 7 with 2140 viewsnordenblue

Spanishdale. on 17:36 - Jul 7 by BeckWMG

Just had a phone call from a Rochdale Online reporter. They are running a story on this. Likely to be ready for Monday. Will add the link when I have it

I understand the plan was to originally pay for his flights, is it a good shout to maybe find a decent hotel for him too with any funds left over,apologies if this has been mentioned before!!!
Spanishdale. on 19:52 - Jul 7 with 2091 viewsBeckWMG

The original offer was he could stay at mine. He still seems keen to do that to be honest.

Depending on how much the flights cost I would imagine any extra money would go towards merchandise for him to take home and maybe a bit of spending money for him.

But this may all change. He'll need a chaperone so the Hilton doesn't sound like a bad idea after all!!
Spanishdale. on 21:10 - Jul 7 with 2014 viewsKenBoon

This fundraiser has passed the £270 that was raised for the £108,000 rotating screen. Great effort. Let's hope he has a better debut.
Spanishdale. on 21:11 - Jul 7 with 2010 viewsroccydaleian

Spanishdale. on 19:52 - Jul 7 by BeckWMG

The original offer was he could stay at mine. He still seems keen to do that to be honest.

Depending on how much the flights cost I would imagine any extra money would go towards merchandise for him to take home and maybe a bit of spending money for him.

But this may all change. He'll need a chaperone so the Hilton doesn't sound like a bad idea after all!!

Is he any good at quizzing?
Spanishdale. on 22:26 - Jul 7 with 1927 viewsboromat

Yeah any extra money should be put towards giving him the best experience possible. Maybe could upgrade to have match hospitality etc. I'm sure the club will do alot of things regardless for the good PR alone. Make sure he gets a programme maybe another shirt. Plenty of things any extra money could go on and I'd push for people to keep donating who knows this could be the start of a mini cult following in Spain . I am more in favour of him having some merchandise to take away with him than spending it on a hotel, but he should definitely have a say too.

Spanishdale. on 22:51 - Jul 7 with 1896 viewschalkyncfc

I hope that you gets lots of publicity out of this as its usually bad news about Rochdale lately and will show that there is a kind,generous side to the town as well
Spanishdale. on 00:17 - Jul 8 with 1829 viewsTalkingSutty

Spanishdale. on 16:03 - Jul 7 by BeckWMG

NEW TOTAL £325.

I'm pleased to tell everyone that SpanishDale is now aware of what everyone has done for him and he has agreed to come over! He is overwhelmed.

I've managed to get a WhatsApp group up and running so I can speak to him easily.

I know there are several people who haven't yet donated, myself included as they wait for pay day etc.

We decided to use CrowdFunding so it was transparent for everyone to see. The site will take 5% of the donation but I felt it was better his way. Hope you all agree.

My next step is to get SpanishDale registered on the forum so we can all get familiar with him, especially the folk that don't use twitter.

Although myself and Daz expected a good response to this idea, I don't think we expected this level of genourosity so I thank you all very much.

I can't wait to finally get him to sunny Rochdale!!

Excellent effort this.... just waiting for Roccy to set up a crowdfunding page for a reciprocal trip back to Spain, he was walking around Littleborough today in a Barca shirt!!😀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024